Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oasis - GB CANCELLED  (Read 11607 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[GB] GMK Oasis - GB CANCELLED
« on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 07:51:59 »

Ohyo everyone! I am proud to present you GMK Oasis. I've been working for a little while on this set and I hope you'll like the result.

Basic Idea
Remember the last time you went to the beach? Remember that crystal blue water, the sand and palm trees? You miss those, don't you? Well, me too! Those elements inspired both the name and the colorway of this keyset.

Kits

Ok, here are the finals kits that will be sold when the GB drops :

Core Kit

Spacebar Kit

Kobe

Coffee Kit

Modern M0110 in beige cerakote by Janglad

Extras
You thought that was all, eh? Nooope!

As an artisan lover, I am super happy to announce that I'm teaming up with three talented artisan makers. I want to address this bit since I’ve had a couple of questions recently; Artisans will be sold in two ways:
  • Raffles
        We will be raffling 10 Blue Paradise Raiji
    More
    as well as 10 Gnomey and 10 Kepy in the Blue Paradise colorway. I am still waiting on Briz’s pictures but they should be ready on time.

Every person joining the Oasis GB will be granted one unique entry into the raffles (meaning, one entry in Artkey's raffle and one in Briz's). Invoices will be sent shortly after we close the GB (just to time for me to collect everyone's name, randomize and select the winners).

• GB
        We will be offering matching XO Keycaps
    More
    in a GB Form. That means that anyone, be it someone that joined the GB or not, can get one of these. There is a MOQ of 50 unit, hopefully we can reach it as they look dope AF!
*Your purchase will grant you one ticket for the raffles.

I'm also happy to announce that colormatching sleeves and a cables will be available for purchase!

Last but not least, I'm glad to announce the samples for the Oasis deskmat have arrived:

A sample for a deskmat with sand colored background has been ordered.

GB Announcement
WE ARE UP GUYS!! GB is live and will be up for one month!

• for Europe, MyKeyboard.eu - Join here;
  • for the States and Canada, Novelkeys - Join here; and
  • for Asia, Africa, Australia and New Zealand, zFrontier - Join here / China (pages are live there as well!).

Pricing

VendorsBase kit (MOQ 250)Kobe (MOQ 150)Spacebar kit
Coffee
Sleeves (different sizes)Cables (different sizes)
MyKeyboard (EU)
129€
54€
34.99€
95€
25€+
16€+
Novelkeys (USA)
$146
$70
$35
$105
TBD
TBD
zFrontier (Asia)
¥998 ($166)
¥485 ($77)
¥226 ($37)
¥672 ($109)
¥198 ($32)
¥157 ($25.5)

Prices for zFrontier are a little higher because those include shipping fees.

As for the artisans, prices are as follow:

Artkey* - Raiji: 60$/ea

Briz** - Kepy/Gnomey: 35$/ea

Rama*- 36$/ea (sorry EU, it's going to be a little more expensive due to taxes :s)

Special Thanks

I wanted to thank Artkey, Briz, Rama, and Yuliia (MyKeyboard.eu) for accepting to collaborate with me. Special thanks to MightyOwl for her help in the creation process and to Janglad for putting up with all my questions and for the awesome renders! This would have not been possible without all of you <3

Renders Gallery

RAMA Gallery
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 July 2018, 13:11:33 by JSaintS »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
Re: [GB] GMK Oasis
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 16:03:55 »
No Images working here for me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 16:04:40 »

that's just GH being GH.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 16:07:14 »

Yeah unfortunately they work on my Desktop, but not on my laptop nor on my mobile :-/ all the links are correct tho :(

Offline avid

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 16:11:24 »

that's just GH being GH.

It's imgur stopping hotlinks. Try upload them to a different service.
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 June 2018, 16:49:04 by avid »

Offline Anaconda

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 16:47:59 »
Does the kobe kit include a 6.25u like in the gmk render?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 17:02:27 »
Yes it does! :-)

Offline lovetree

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 17:08:37 »
Under the rendering image of Kobe kit, you wrote "The blue keys won't be included"
But I cannot find any blue key on the image.
I don't want to think that the blue keys that would be excluded indicate the modifier keys of Core kit.
What's the blue key?

Offline alisonica

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 18:44:20 »
I'm in for the Rama caps, buying 16 of them for the entire top row (X-OOOO-XXXX-OOOO-XXX). Can I get a massive discount for this?

-MOQ

Offline Atredl

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 19:06:20 »
I'm in for the Rama caps, buying 16 of them for the entire top row (X-OOOO-XXXX-OOOO-XXX). Can I get a massive discount for this?

-MOQ
I’m curious what kind of massive discount you expect to make this worthwhile for you.

Offline alisonica

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 19:12:41 »

-MOQ
I’m curious what kind of massive discount you expect to make this worthwhile for you.

I dunno, i'm in europe, the price is just too much for me... + import taxes :eek:

Edit: OK found a US proxy.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 01:00:13 »

-MOQ

I dunno, i'm in europe, the price is just too much for me... + import taxes :eek:

Edit: OK found a US proxy.

There won't be any taxes considering they have already been added to the price. The will ship from Mykeyboard.eu directly :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 01:05:16 »

-MOQ
I wish I could hehe, unfortunately we sell them at Rama price, specially since I tried to get everything as cheap as possible for everyone.

Under the rendering image of Kobe kit, you wrote "The blue keys won't be included"
But I cannot find any blue key on the image.
I don't want to think that the blue keys that would be excluded indicate the modifier keys of Core kit.
What's the blue key?

That's an artifact from.when there were 2 blues keys in the Kobe kit. They have been deleted and so has the message hehe, sorry for leaving it there so long, I updated the picture yesterday and forgot about the message.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 07:59:34 »
Can I just get the kit alphas and mods for coffee? Or am I stuck to buying both if I only wanted Coffee?

Offline nerdblog_io

• Family Man, Highlander, Leader of the Gorgonites
    • Nerdblog.io
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 08:12:46 »
If anyone is interested in the keyset & not interested in the raiji shoot me a PM :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 08:16:19 »
Can I just get the kit alphas and mods for coffee? Or am I stuck to buying both if I only wanted Coffee?
You can get the Kobe kit + coffee mods or the coffee mods alone, but the latin alphas are only available in the core kit.

If anyone is interested in the keyset & not interested in the raiji shoot me a PM :)
Stop cheating! xD

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
[GB] GMK Oasis - zFrontier now live!
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 09:06:23 »
I'm glad to announce to our Asian, African and Australian that the zFrontier page is now up!

Thank you all for your support <3

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 11:38:06 »
Just ordered mine! Again, great work on the set, can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline schlep

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 16:36:45 »
Just ordered the base and coffee kit. There seems to be a lack of chatter in this thread. Hope it doesnt translate to a lack of interest. Anyway, GLWB.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 16:43:33 »
Thanks a lot for your support guys, it means the world to me!

I have been really active recently due to pretty terrible personnal problems but I don't want it to impact the Keyset or my work altogether ^^

I am trying to get a couple new renders in to show the keyset a little more <3 thanks again!!

Offline portbaron

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 18:28:23 »
Just ordered the base and coffee kit. There seems to be a lack of chatter in this thread. Hope it doesnt translate to a lack of interest. Anyway, GLWB.
Chatter was in the IC, now is time to just buy.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 19:33:35 »
I'm curious about combining this set with my GMK Mint Chocolate: beige/brown alphas with Mint Chocolate brown/teal modifiers, and mint modifiers from this set with Mint Chocolate mint/brown alphas.  But I'm guessing the colors might be off enough for it to possibly be not a great match.  Or it could just work...
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 03:24:26 »

Damn. I wanted this set so bad but the 6u spacebar is only offset for some weird reason. No 6u center-stem love - can't use it.  :'(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 10:28:15 »
I'm curious about combining this set with my GMK Mint Chocolate: beige/brown alphas with Mint Chocolate brown/teal modifiers, and mint modifiers from this set with Mint Chocolate mint/brown alphas.  But I'm guessing the colors might be off enough for it to possibly be not a great match.  Or it could just work...

could work, worth a shot
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline K.Mak

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 11:48:59 »
I would have loved the coffee mods with alphas as its own set rather than having to buy the full Oasis with coffee mods, that's like $245.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 11:56:32 »
I would have loved the coffee mods with alphas as its own set rather than having to buy the full Oasis with coffee mods, that's like $245.

I feel you, but I posted a poll asking what people prefered and the results were quite... even xD 50/50... I thus decided to stick with my original idea. Sorry for that mate.

Offline dimo

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 12:33:01 »

I think the best option is to just get Kobe and the Coffee mods. The only problem (as Huey pointed out on Thursday) is that you won’t have an alpha colored 7u spacebar, even with the spacebar kit.

And the results of the pole being 50/50 is crazy, I thought this set picked up a lot of its steam because of the coffee mods.

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 12:38:15 »
To each is own I guess, the blue does it for me! Though I also picked up the coffee mod for variety :)

Offline melange

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 30 June 2018, 20:30:40 »
Definitely interested in this one, waiting on 1. funds and 2. having a hard time deciding how deep to go (Do I just get base and coffee? Just coffee and kobe, even though I still don't completely touch type and kinda still rely on legends? Damn the wallet and get base, coffee and kobe?).

I do have one question though about the Rama caps that were chosen. Of course anything Rama is amazing, but with the theme of the set would having it coupled with Rama Wave caps made more sense (water = wave)?  ;)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 02:56:05 »
Hello Everyone!

I have a sad update for you but I want to be completely transparent, so here it is: I am closing the GMK Oasis GB.

I discussed this with the vendor and I need to be realistic, we are not going to hit MOQ. Here are some numbers:
  • EU has sold a whopping 4 core kits, all in the first 24h of the sale going live, none have been ordered since then;
  • We sold a total of 31 Core kit in about 10 days, I don't see the keyset selling another 219 core kits in the remaining 3 weeks of the GB; and
  • We have sold more Rama keycaps than Core, Coffee and Kobe put together.

I guess I haven't done a good enough job promoting the keyset, but when I compare this to the DSA Milkshake GB that just launched and sold 200+ kits in the first day in the states alone, I can compete. I'd rather stop it here than see the vendors lose more money if I wait.

This is not to say that I am dropping the idea and abandoning it; far from that. I am still committed to the colorway and want it to happen, I guess now is just not the time, and I guess GMK is just not the profile. zFrontier reached out to me asking me if I had any interest in running the keyset in their new KAT profile, which I've been really interested in since they announced it. I am thus looking into that and other potential profiles (I already checked with zFrontier for DSA); I asked for the IC thread to be unlocked in order to post some more there and I will post this update there as well.

Last but not least, since we hit MOQ on the Rama X/O keycaps, I asked the vendors to contact the clients and see if they wanted to keep their artisan purchase. As for the other artisans (Briz and Artkey) I will wait for the product to relaunch before raffling them (the raijis are already casted, so you can be sure I will come back with the keyset!

Thanks to those of you would placed an order and sorry for the disappointment.

Jonathan

Offline portbaron

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 03:28:01 »
Well shoot, had plans for this. I really don't understand people's tastes from those numbers. This is a lot more interesting than most sets.
KAT sounds interesting.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 July 2018, 03:29:54 by portbaron »
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 03:52:46 »
Well shoot, had plans for this. I really don't understand people's tastes from those numbers. This is a lot more interesting than most sets.
KAT sounds interesting.

Oh I had some plans too, I already bought artisans for this and commissioned some others. As I said, I am not dropping the project and the KAT profile really sounds interesting. I am excited for the future of this set and I hope that everyone that wanted it will want it in the future :)

Offline titanium

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 03:55:21 »
The dream of mixing the Penumbra alphas with Coffee mods...

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 04:40:26 »
Too bad, was really looking forward to this. I can’t wrap my head around it, it looks so much better than most keysets out there... anyway I will be there for the new profile ;)

Offline ptiede

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 09:29:35 »
KAT sounds interesting.

Oh I had some plans too, I already bought artisans for this and commissioned some others. As I said, I am not dropping the project and the KAT profile really sounds interesting. I am excited for the future of this set and I hope that everyone that wanted it will want it in the future :)
I'd totally be down for this in KAT profile.

Offline brooklynlou

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 11:22:50 »
really sad about this as I thought that this was one of the nicest sets I've seen.

For those of us that forked over the money, I'm assuming we'll see credit refunds coming soon?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 11:26:06 »
really sad about this as I thought that this was one of the nicest sets I've seen.

For those of us that forked over the money, I'm assuming we'll see credit refunds coming soon?

No. as your overlord I'm keeping all your american paper!! yes, refunds will come out soon, I informed all the vendors yesterday night (for me)

Thanks for the support! Oasis is not dead, just delayed :)

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 13:09:29 »
I'm sad. I was hoping to get my hands on the keyset. However, I confirm the support for this project. so I cant wait to see it with kat profile.

KMK Labs

Offline allancuttingedge

Re: [GB] GMK Oasis - GB CANCELLED
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 13:29:51 »
Here is a suggestion, put the Coffee Mod into base kit and cancel the Mint colour mod(maybe leave keys like Esc/Enter), it will be better to hit the MOQ imo...
For me it's kinda weird how the mod mix with alpha in the base kit, it looks not bad but I'm just coming for the Coffee Mod with alpha, just my opinion, love your design.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 13:35:17 »
Some of us loved the base kit before the Coffee mod was ever added.  Then it wouldn't be GMK Oasis (or Blue Paradise as it was originally called), but GMK Coffee...

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 14:03:11 »
Some of us loved the base kit before the Coffee mod was ever added.  Then it wouldn't be GMK Oasis (or Blue Paradise as it was originally called), but GMK Coffee...
More like GMK Mirage. The cool water was just a dream.

Offline RSC

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 14:06:01 »
Do it in KAT and bring back Hangul  :thumb:

Offline avid

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 14:07:58 »
Would love to see the brown mods in the base kit  :thumb:

Offline Harms

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 14:22:35 »
Would love to see this in KAT. As there already a huge abundance of GMK sets.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:44:41 »
Hello Everyone!

I have a sad update for you but I want to be completely transparent, so here it is: I am closing the GMK Oasis GB.

Last but not least, since we hit MOQ on the Rama X/O keycaps, I asked the vendors to contact the clients and see if they wanted to keep their artisan purchase. As for the other artisans (Briz and Artkey) I will wait for the product to relaunch before raffling them (the raijis are already casted, so you can be sure I will come back with the keyset!

How can those of us who's order included RAMA caps follow up on them even if the rest of the kit is going to be refunded? I would still like the RAMA caps but have not heard from a vendor.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 15:55:04 »
Hello Everyone!

How can those of us who's order included RAMA caps follow up on them even if the rest of the kit is going to be refunded? I would still like the RAMA caps but have not heard from a vendor.

I have asked the vendor to take contact with everyone who ordered a RAMA keycap to see if they wanted to keep that part of the order. The thing is that there is a MOQ on those as well and if too many people decide to cancel their entire order, we might fall below MOQ :-/

Offline poolside

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 17:38:56 »

:'(  RIP Oasis/pink board combo. And it was a reasonable price for EU.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 17:52:07 »

Nooooo, keep the dream alive! I will come back with it ;) I should have said the GB was delayed rather than cancelled :-) I will be adapting the offering and coming back with it for sure :-)

Offline monkt

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 18:17:23 »

Never surrender! I have faith we will still see this set in some other form.

But I'm curious, what pink board did you have in mind to pair this with? I'm intrigued.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 10:44:46 »
Since the group buy has been cancelled, and the discussion moved back to the original IC thread located here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95419.0
this thread is being locked.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -