Author Topic: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / R3 Prototype photoshoot updated  (Read 43372 times)

Offline aiglatsonstudio

[IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / R3 Prototype photoshoot updated
« on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 10:15:00 »
289442-0

PBTfans™ Pyga

Greetings, enthusiasts.
Welcome to the interest check forum of our latest product, the “ PBTfans™ Pyga ” by Aiglatson Studio. The intention of this post is to gauge interest and ask for the community’s feedback to estimate demand.

• INSPIRATION
The theme of Pbtfans Pyga was inspired by the distinctive red colour of Pyrope Garnet, a dark red mysterious gemstone. The word “pyrope” comes from the Greek word “puropus”, which translates to “fiery-eyed”, referring to its vibrance colour and high refractive index. People tend to believe that Pyrope Garnet possesses the power to regain lost passion. It is the perfect gemstone to help you recover from a lethargic state by providing positive energy to enhance daily fulfilment and switch pessimistic thinking to optimistic thinking.

The highlight of this set gravitates toward the fact that each key comes with an inner opaque layer and a semi-transparent outer layer that creates shades of light and dark red when combined. Just like how a Pyrope Garnet reflects light.

• SPECIFICATIONS
Material: ABS Material
Profile: Cherry Profile
Manufacturing Method: Double shot injection moulding
 Manufacturer: KBDfans
Packaging: ABS keycaps tray with designed tray cover
Compatibility: Cherry MX and MX clones switches
Designer: Aiglatson Studio
**THIS SET WILL BE SOLD AS AN IN-STOCK PRODUCT

• COLOUR COMPARISON

289444-1

• KITS

Base Kit

290470-2

Numpad Kit

290472-3

Greek Sublegend Kit (Greek Sublegend will be UV printed)

290474-4

International Kit

291015-5

• RENDERS

Geonworks F1-8X

290476-6

290478-7

Geonworks W1-AT

290480-8

290482-9

290484-10

Rama Works M10-B

290486-11

• SAMPLES

ROUND 1

290154-12

290156-13

290158-14

ROUND 3 [FINAL]

293230-15

293232-16

293234-17

• DISCLAIMERS

1. The keyboards are for visual illustration purposes and are not a part of this set.
2. These keycaps are semi-transparent; therefore, renders could illustrate inaccurate colour, surface texture, and degree of transparency.
3. The inner layer for the actual set would potentially have visible holes, please take photos of Pbtfans Neon below as the reference. These holes are not defects but manufacturing constraints from the double shot injection moulding process.

289462-18

• ARTISAN KEYCAP

292593-19

292595-20

• VENDORS
Global: KBDfans
Korea: Geonworks
South America: Latamkeys
Philippines: Jaekeyed
Europe: Candykeys
United Kingdom: Prototypist
Australia & New Zealand: Allcaps
Vietnam: Uniqmeck
Canada: Minokeys
Thailand: Aiglatson Studio

TO BE DETERMINED

Please help us fill in the IC form if you are interested. Much appreciated
IC FORM

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIAS
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 November 2022, 06:43:56 by aiglatsonstudio »

Offline Rafa_n

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 10:25:43 »
reserved

Offline KeyBros_

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 10:42:17 »
MY ****ING GOD MATE, THAT'S INSTA BUY

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 10:50:26 »
Why does a set with Greek inspiration have hiragana sublegends? Just because?
Not sure what the point of having three R2 1u novelties is when there's no 40s support in the set. Honestly not sure what the point of having three of the novelties in any row is.
I'm assuming the "2.5U" spacebar is actually 2.25u, if not it should be.
If you're going to add 2x 3u bars you may as well add a 1u bar as well for 3/1/3 split since, once again, you have no 40s support.
You're missing R1 1u Pg Dn and R1 1u End in your numpad kit

Offline whirlwind

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 10:51:32 »
> inspired by a Greek word
> Hiragana sublegends

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 11:54:44 »
why japanese subs instead of greek sublegends? it just seems forced ngl. A greek inspired set that doesnt offer greek subs but instead chooses japanese? just why?
There are no novs so you could idk just change the "Inspiration" to something japanese? or at least add greek sublegends?

I can already see Chat and teams toxic reply, I dont know what he will write but I am almost sure that I can agree with him.
PS will edit if I do or dont when he posts

Offline zhol

• zhol
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 12:16:41 »
replacing hiragana sub alpha kit for some greek sublegends add-on kit would be sick.
keys with *.** ct legends could probably be moved out to their own novelties kit
40's support would be nice, many other pbtfans sets seem like they more-or-less use a base suggested kit provided by manufacturer
i'm zhol

Offline chat and team

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 12:48:24 »
why japanese subs instead of greek sublegends? it just seems forced ngl. A greek inspired set that doesnt offer greek subs but instead chooses japanese? just why?
There are no novs so you could idk just change the "Inspiration" to something japanese? or at least add greek sublegends?

I can already see Chat and teams toxic reply, I dont know what he will write but I am almost sure that I can agree with him.
Toxic? Probably
Geekhack for the past year has been endless praise for even the worst projects.
Kbdfans runs everything with hiragana they see the money it generates.
1. Chinese have dropped hate for the Japanese and finally moved on (hopefully)
2. who even is the set creator
3. what do you even want me to say
4. This ic is 100% pointless. When you see kbdfans its probably going to be created as presented on the ic rendering an ic useless.
5. Theres not much to say yall already covered majority of the points I would make
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline Leszy

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 13:00:31 »
Renders are stunning, wonder how prototype will look

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 13:38:32 »
I don’t have words to express how moronic this statement is

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 14:34:38 »
Why not render them with the expected holes from injection molding? 
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2022, 14:42:12 by pixelpusher »

Offline superjackie

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 15:28:13 »
cool color!

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 16:38:44 »
I know the hirgagana sublegends are a default, but I can't be the only one thinking that some different subs would fit this so well. Cyrillic comes to mind, but others might fit well

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 17:06:54 »
To create the transparent effect, that is currently not possible. (maybe in the future they can?)

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 17:10:44 »
They would probably have to invest in another mold to provide something thats not Hiragana sublegends

Maybe drop the Hiragana and add 40's might be a good idea

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 20:08:01 »
Not sure what the point of having three R2 1u novelties is when there's no 40s support in the set. Honestly not sure what the point of having three of the novelties in any row is.
If you're going to add 2x 3u bars you may as well add a 1u bar as well for 3/1/3 split since, once again, you have no 40s support.

I know the hirgagana sublegends are a default, but I can't be the only one thinking that some different subs would fit this so well. Cyrillic comes to mind, but others might fit well

Toxic? Probably
4. This ic is 100% pointless. When you see kbdfans its probably going to be created as presented on the ic rendering an ic useless.
5. Theres not much to say yall already covered majority of the points I would make

They would probably have to invest in another mold to provide something thats not Hiragana sublegends

> Hiragana sublegends

replacing hiragana sub alpha kit for some greek sublegends add-on kit would be sick.
keys with *.** ct legends could probably be moved out to their own novelties kit
40's support would be nice, many other pbtfans sets seem like they more-or-less use a base suggested kit provided by manufacturer

Hi guys, thank you for all your useful comments. Having greek sublegends just have so much more sense. Therefore, I have decided to drop the hiragana alpha kit. I've also contacted Kbdfans regarding the greek sublegend, and they inform me that it could be done, although through uv printing. I will update as soon as I have anything solid. Thank you.

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 20:10:11 »

Toxic? Probably

> Hiragana sublegends

Hi guys, thank you for all your useful comments. Having greek sublegends just have so much more sense. Therefore, I have decided to drop the hiragana alpha kit. I've also contacted Kbdfans regarding the greek sublegend, and they inform me that it could be done, although through uv printing. I will update as soon as I have anything solid. Thank you.

if I recall correctly, Neon is also UV and has a coating to protect the legends

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 20:18:14 »
Regarding to the product page, Pbtfans neon is double shotted for latin base and triple shotted for hiragana sub legend.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 July 2022, 20:20:11 by aiglatsonstudio »

Offline JazSquatch

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 27 July 2022, 20:46:54 »
this is such a clean set, even if it were to have those holes

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 02:45:26 »
Will it be base an numbpad only? Because an international kit, 40s, and spacebars are pretty damn popular and useful.

Offline Gerevala

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 05:48:14 »
Greek but Japan.

Offline antifocus

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 06:20:05 »
Love the color scheme and how you incorporate the translucent abs into your design, very interested, however I hope there's some change can be done with the 1.00ct legends as it doesn't differ much from your normal modifiers, maybe some gem related design or just remove all together

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 07:12:39 »

I have contacted Kbdfans regarding this matter, cad model with holes will be provided soon and I will update the renders as soon as I got them. Thank you.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 07:53:47 »
Such an amazing colors, fantastic. I wish it was possible to make them without those holes.
I'll wait then till manufacturing will let do that, even if it would need to be 30 years:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline vincesatsong

• Vince Satsong
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 08:23:14 »
The color looks nice!  ;)

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 08:23:27 »
Good choice on removing the japanese subs. I've created a greek sublegend file on the KRK discord server legend repository that is open source. Your main options are: Capitalized partial (see GMK evil eye for example, though GMK molds have minor issues) or slightly different variations of lowercase full sublegends (see ePBT Kavala, ePBT Hellas for a couple of variations). Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like assistance choosing between the options on Greek sublegends.

Offline PuNkShoO

• I make keyboard switches.
    • Check out my projects!
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 12:52:45 »
A stunning red set, indeed. I am curious how the secondary layers will show through, though. PBTFans Neon is a nice set but when you get into triple shot territory that tertiary layer does begin to look a little messy. Excited for this nonetheless. The red is beautiful.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 13:52:01 »
this is so cool, i love how neon turned out. please consider 40s!! lots of other pbtfans sets have them

Offline Ram08

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 16:38:44 »
Man I'd love the same colourway but without holes (and maybe white modifiers with black legends)! Looks dope.

Offline DeMechanica

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 08:42:43 »
I’d like this in PBT, PBTFans’ PBT is super super nice quality, I haven’t seen better quality keycaps, and this is a lovely colour way.

Offline Fredington

• Instagram
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 08:51:27 »
How about a blanks kit? To mimic the look of the HHKB Pro HG?

Offline Friendship

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 09:08:05 »
very neat set, will definitely keep my eye on this, also i kinda like the injection molding detail hole things.

one thing to note: your 2.25U spacebar is labeled 2.5U on the base kit render

Edit: Dede already made mention of it, I'm a fool who didn't search first
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2022, 09:10:23 by Friendship »
Collection: LZ GHv2, Esheu Fallacy, Moesode Bliss, Daji Ocho Cuatro, Ace Saturn60, Bolsa Midway60, MLI NUM1, MLI VISION, PW ROTR

Offline WaynaPawiasek

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 09:37:57 »
i'd like to see an international kit; othert than that looks great. Greek sublegend is lit

Offline a1liz

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 10:51:13 »
Love the color! Hope to see the 40's kits!

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 19:41:19 »
Such an amazing colors, fantastic. I wish it was possible to make them without those holes.
I'll wait then till manufacturing will let do that, even if it would need to be 30 years:)

this is such a clean set, even if it were to have those holes

Man I'd love the same colourway but without holes (and maybe white modifiers with black legends)! Looks dope.

Thank you for your compliments, but the holes are inevitable. Holes are the by product from how the mould is built. Every Pbtfans set will have those holes, sometimes you just can't see them because they were hidden by the opaque outer layer.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 09:18:54 »
Good choice on removing the japanese subs. I've created a greek sublegend file on the KRK discord server legend repository that is open source. Your main options are: Capitalized partial (see GMK evil eye for example, though GMK molds have minor issues) or slightly different variations of lowercase full sublegends (see ePBT Kavala, ePBT Hellas for a couple of variations). Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or would like assistance choosing between the options on Greek sublegends.

Thank you so much Cylent. I can't say how grateful I am, you legend. 

Offline aiglatsonstudio

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / Greek Sublegend Kit added
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 03:25:07 »
Regarding your feedbacks, the Greek Sublegend Kit is finally added guys. I hope you liked it. Thank you.

Offline Leszy

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 05:05:50 »
Great to see greek sublegends!
I understand that japanese ones appeal strongly to specific part of the community, but I am very glad that people seem to be open to experience more of a niche alphabets. Letters themself are art and expressions of broader culture.
Alphabets are just very, very cool.

Offline Cylent

• Formerly cylentshadows
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 09:11:03 »

:thumb: I'm always happy to help designers when it comes to greek sublegends. While I prefer full lowercase greek subs, these partial capitalized are a solid option, look very nice, and will be a bit cheaper with UV printing than full lowercase. I think it would be cool to ask in the IC if people want the subs in base or in a child kit, as the partial capitalized subs look really good with the red base color.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 03:05:17 »
How about a blanks kit? To mimic the look of the HHKB Pro HG?

Oooh, that would be nice!  :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline nakaru

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 18:44:32 »

:thumb: I'm always happy to help designers when it comes to greek sublegends. While I prefer full lowercase greek subs, these partial capitalized are a solid option, look very nice, and will be a bit cheaper with UV printing than full lowercase. I think it would be cool to ask in the IC if people want the subs in base or in a child kit, as the partial capitalized subs look really good with the red base color.

I agree with the sub legends, and I really really hope since its just a few uppercase it will be included in the base since greek subs is one of the biggest reasons why I want this set in the first place. Would also like to see an all-in-one bundle but that may just be me  ;D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 18:48:31 »
somehow missed this, would love to see a physical sample before shipping. the renders look great though, may pick up an extra if they come out OK
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 20:23:22 »
those greek subs look 100% man. Glad you changed from the ****ty hirigana
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 13:58:29 »
The renders look amazing, but I agree that samples would need to be seen before hand.  Love the colour and please get some UK ISO added into that it.  This would be a no brainer purchase for me.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline CHAOSERA

• official website of chaosera
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 21:44:16 »
This style mix is a little weird.

Offline MrBingo

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 09 August 2022, 16:43:59 »
the renders look sick, im definitely buying this, hopefully the real keycaps looks like this, good luck!

Offline aamo

• aaaaaaaaaaaaamo
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 00:32:20 »
So the greek subs will be uv printed and not double shot right?
Maybe that should be added in the specs to avoid confusion, as in the renders the subs look identical to the latin legends

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 10:36:39 »
somehow missed this, would love to see a physical sample before shipping. the renders look great though, may pick up an extra if they come out OK

The renders look amazing, but I agree that samples would need to be seen before hand.  Love the colour and please get some UK ISO added into that it.  This would be a no brainer purchase for me.

Sample pictures posted  ;D. We hope you like what you see.

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / Sample pictures added
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 12:59:55 »
Samples look great. Please do text only R3 Control, the text+icon R3 control is horrible.

Also these don't belong in base imo.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 August 2022, 13:09:45 by ankit-sachdeva »
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline finalarcadia

Re: [IC] PBTfans™ Pyga / Sample pictures added
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 13:53:43 »
Text color looks white in samples as opposed to beige