Author Topic: Keychron K2 V2 middle row not working after desoldering and soldering switches  (Read 2118 times)

Offline JeremyWon

Hello, over the last few days I have been desoldering and lubing all the switches on my Keychron K2 V2 (non-hot swappable). When it came time to solder back on all the switches and test the keyboard. The middle character row was not functioning properly, I attached a image below (don't mind the functions row or the shift and command keys). What should I do to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.289597-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2022, 13:10:20 by JeremyWon »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Short answer - find the broken trace and bridge it :)

There are a couple of keys in the row still working so it might be easy, but usually Keychron links back to the chip in the middle of the row.  I've never looked at a K2 though so some nice clear pictures of the PCB would be great.  Hopefully it's not black...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline JeremyWon

Thanks of replying. Unfortunately the board is black. I have done a continuity test with my multimeter and all of the points seem to be connected. I'll check again.* IMG_0761.jpg (1939.7 kB - downloaded 60 times.)

Offline JeremyWon

After double checking all the traces with my multimeter, they all seem to connect to the small IC at the bottom right of the board.* IMG_0761.heic (1915.8 kB - downloaded 60 times.) What should I try now???
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2022, 14:55:18 by JeremyWon »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
If one pin on each of those switches are connected to each other (looks like it's the pins nearer the spacebar edge) and to the chip either there is a short to something on one of them or that pin on the chip is dead.  It is unlikely that you killed a pin while soldering but I'm not seeing any shorts either... 
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod