Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 370512 times)

Offline perry4761

Depends how the gasket material ages... If it becomes yellowish or greyish as it gets older, definitely black. If the material is expected to remain white as snow for years, I think white is better. I have yet to see a board with white gaskets now that I think of it, it would add just a bit of quirkiness to the design, and add on to the already unique details of the think6.5!

Offline Clay333

White, simply because it will blend in more and be less visible through the polycarbonate.

Offline Ultimatum

White, simply because it will blend in more and be less visible through the polycarbonate.
+1

Offline Shutter_Shock

I’m actually the opposite I like the idea of a color that contrasts with the plate/pcb color, so I’d say white, assuming the pcb will likely be a dark color with a matching FR4 plate offered. That being said, as mentioned above, if there is a significant chance of yellowing of a white gasket, just play it safe and go with black.

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
I need one of these in white with a colored badge to match a set.

Gray studio always bringing their best.

Offline Hangos

Yeah the white looks insane  :p

Offline Krzew

definitely white

Offline brew

White for me as well.  Looking hard at PC :)

Side note: Thoughts on a sandblasted brass plate w/ sandblasted brass 2U badge? 

A La, @_Minterly 's auction piece:  https://twitter.com/_Minterly/status/1276633356726198272?s=20

Maybe as part of a separate GB or the Hot Swap GB since we're so late in the game here?  (I'm getting way ahead of myself... excited!)

Offline dd0ubleu

I like the badge placement in the top right, really clean new design though. Would love to see this paired with GMK Fuyu with the white case.

Offline dd0ubleu

I think the white gaskets look cleaner and more subtle.

Offline Cresc3nt

Definitely white looks better than the black.

Offline TofuOrganic

+1 for brass badge if possible :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Even though I like the look of the white ones better, I think I'd still prefer the black ones over them just for longevity/consistency reasons

Offline emerge

+1

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline lamonayon

Quoting a post from graystudio.club:
"Think6.5v2 by @oldcat87. Coming soon on Graystudio.club in July.
Available colorways will be unveiled in the next few days. Stay tuned!"

Offline SirTimmyTimbit

Can we buy additional sets of gaskets?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
New PCB color, thoughts?

Offline Shutter_Shock

New PCB color, thoughts?

Show Image

I don’t dislike it, but I’d definitely prefer something darker.

Offline dRnRcRr

This ^^^^^^

Offline Oabnuj

I will definitely take one. #mark

Offline sicayou

A brass badge would be an instant buy for me. I'd be willing to pay extra for it as well.

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Looks good to me.
Kinda reminds me of Ramas PCBs, but that ain't a bad thing at all ;D

Offline OsoKekkou

New PCB color is cool but still def prefer black  :thumb:

Offline Ztox

I'm not a fan but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I'd prefer it to be darker.

Offline TofuOrganic

I’d probably lean towards something darker too

Offline dd0ubleu

I think the pcb color is fine. Anything other than that is also fine, but I think a darker pcb color would be a little weird. Having a cream color is nice and doesnt pop out or do anything else.

Offline dd0ubleu

I'll take one.

Offline Roddin

White gasket. And pcb looks pretty clean  :thumb:

Offline delrn

Looks nice, a nice light gray will probably look best with polycarb, and PCB color doesn’t matter for alu cases honestly.

Offline Kalabalik

The new pcb color looks great!

I would also like to express my interest (desperate want) for a brass 2u badge.

Offline asciisii

Prefer just black or white PCB. Contrasting gasket colour sounds kind of cool, particularly for polycarbonate but safer bet would be white

Offline bluuz

Will there be any e-yellow or yellow/black case options?

Online SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // Clear Panda switches giveaway!
« Reply #1032 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 02:37:45 »
I wonder if the importer could pay import taxes on the 'cost' of the product.. whereas an individual would pay import taxes on the retail price of the product?

Additionally, anything I pay in USD also attracts a phat fee from my bank + a ****ty exchange rate..
I guess someone like Candykeys or Mykeyboard would do a single "big" transfer through a service like xe.com for a negotiated exchange rate and non-existent fees..

Anyway, I don't think that StateSheriff or myself are trying to scrounge to save a few nickels... but if
* there are significant savings to be made
* it doesn't generate a lot of extra effort for you
* you have enough EU interest to justify the use of an EU proxy

Oldcat, any updates on this? I  tried to search but I could not find any.

I'm pretty sure it would be beneficial for us..especially for those that are hoping to pick up multiple KBs in the GB..

On a personal note, I'd prefer that my money ended up with "you"(those making think6.5v2 happen) or at least with the aforementioned EU proxies that are contributing to the community here.. rather than giving it away as import taxes..

Good points, I will check with a vendor I know again and see what the fees/costs will be, though I am pretty sure the importer's tax will be based on how much the units are sold to him/her but I can be wrong.

If it makes financial sense for the buyers with the roughly identical amount received by Potter (as the GB runner), I'd be happy to talk to him to do it through that route. This will likely mean the sale price will be $400+ for EU, my guess.

For US buyers I think it always makes sense to buy directly from a maker, because it is very unlikely you get hit with any importer tax (which I have never been).

Offline BloodyMarvel

Re: [IC] Think6.5 v2.0 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // Clear Panda switches giveaway!
« Reply #1033 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 03:40:09 »
I wonder if the importer could pay import taxes on the 'cost' of the product.. whereas an individual would pay import taxes on the retail price of the product?

They do, that's exactly how it works. The importer pays all duties and fees, and adds it to the price of the product. Thereby transferring those costs to the customer. In addition, VAT is added to the price.

Additionally, anything I pay in USD also attracts a phat fee from my bank + a ****ty exchange rate..
I guess someone like Candykeys or Mykeyboard would do a single "big" transfer through a service like xe.com for a negotiated exchange rate and non-existent fees..

Importers need to pay a fee as well (though it's probably lower because of the high amount). That exchange rate is calculated into the final price of the product by the reseller.

Anyway, I don't think that StateSheriff or myself are trying to scrounge to save a few nickels... but if
* there are significant savings to be made
* it doesn't generate a lot of extra effort for you
* you have enough EU interest to justify the use of an EU proxy

I'm pretty sure it would be beneficial for us..especially for those that are hoping to pick up multiple KBs in the GB..

A EU proxy does make things easier for buyers, as they don't have to deal with creditcards, and can pay in their local currency.

On a personal note, I'd prefer that my money ended up with "you"(those making think6.5v2 happen) or at least with the aforementioned EU proxies that are contributing to the community here.. rather than giving it away as import taxes..

Only two things are inevitable. Death and taxes. The government will always claim their share, no matter what avenue you choose.

Offline richard912

Eagerly await this GB

Offline Axariel

Is polycarbonate on pink an actual possibility?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Confirmed colors:

Single tone: e-white, black, PC;
dual-tone: white-black, white-pink, gray-black, purple-black, pink-black, blue-black, red-black.

Schrodinger is being considered.
Other colors aren't going to be offered unless there are very strong last-minute requests...
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 July 2020, 00:36:51 by oldcat »

Offline Exanova

Confirmed colors:

Single tone: e-white, black, PC; dual-tone: white-black, white-pink, gray-black, purple-black, pink-black, blue-black.

Other colors aren't going to be offered unless there are very strong last-minute requests...

Some sort of red  :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Confirmed colors:

Single tone: e-white, black, PC; dual-tone: white-black, white-pink, gray-black, purple-black, pink-black, blue-black.

Some sort of red  :)

sorry I missed red.

Offline Axariel

Confirmed colors:

If you add it, I would be strongly swayed towards buying two, but I am pretty happy with purple-black as is.  :thumb:

Offline Kalabalik

Confirmed colors:

dual-tone: white-black, white-pink, gray-black, purple-black, pink-black, blue-black, red-black.

Looks good! What about badge colors? Will there be a poll for that too?

Offline Ooga Booga

Is there an option to mix match with a polycarb bottom?

Online SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Confirmed colors:

I wanted some white -red or black -red for GMK SUMI. :(
Anyways what about badge color options? Can we choose that ? Maybe we can get red badges?

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
Is there an option to mix match with a polycarb bottom?

afaik no, you'll have to grab two boards and mix and match yourself i think.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline El_Jackador

Will pictures of the final colours be available before the GB start?

Offline lz2019

Will pictures of the final colours be available before the GB start?

if you mean color sample blocks, I second you,
I have the exactly same question, especially hope to see how dark the red will be.

Offline SauceySquid

Definitely excited for this GB, Especially since I missed out on R1. I do wonder what color gasket you guys will be going with...

url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=105950.0][/url]

Offline titanium

left WKL blocker?

Offline Exanova

246247-0

Would the red be the same as the sapce65 red above?

Offline Slayer77

Confirmed colors:

Can black-white be considered please?

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk