Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763609 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 16:16:13 »
Started using my HHKB again last night, after a few days on my Filco MJ2 w/ Ergo Clears. It's so purrdy.

Yes, the Lime Green cap does not match the profile, and that's because I used them all on other boards.

Offline joelk2

« Reply #701 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 16:46:08 »
im using a coolermaster quickfire tk on reds.

ive come from a coolermaster quickfire rapid on blacks and im not sure if i like the reds or not yet, i think i need some o's to reduce the travel a bit.

i know the travel distance is the same but i think due to the forces required to bottom out it feels like a longer throw. Failing that i will pick up a poker 2 on blacks.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #702 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 16:52:43 »
Switched to my semi-industrial ssk. Typing on it in combination with listening to some classic rock is awesome. :D

Offline Snigeln

« Reply #703 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 18:14:18 »
I REALLY want a yellow one, but this will have to do for now :(

(the G2Pro sits silently in the background..)
HHKB Pro JP Ducky Mini Ducky G2Pro

Offline VolantPhalanx

• Cult Classic
« Reply #704 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:03:45 »
I've been using my Das Keyboard Ultimate Model S I think with mx blues, very clicky and fun. I have problems with not bottoming out when i type fast however. I'm happy to say that I've ordered myself a blank white HHKB pro 2 for my second board, and am very excited to try topres.
Rick Owens and Happy Hackers

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #705 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:05:13 »
I've been using my Das Keyboard Ultimate Model S I think with mx blues, very clicky and fun. I have problems with not bottoming out when i type fast however. I'm happy to say that I've ordered myself a blank white HHKB pro 2 for my second board, and am very excited to try topres.

Not bottoming out when you type fast is not a problem!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VolantPhalanx

• Cult Classic
« Reply #706 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:37:40 »

Heh, yeah of course not. That was a mistype, my bad. When I start one of those speed tests or whatever, its just so tempting to just push down hard and leap to the next key but the more i type the better i get at just fluttering from key to key and now I'm getting closer and closer to my 120 wpm goal. The sound is drastically different when you don't bottom out as well, and I think i prefer it to the harsher smashing of the keyboard.
Rick Owens and Happy Hackers

Offline arieswu

• A`s Log
« Reply #707 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 19:57:51 »
Poker+Trackpoint+scroll wheel encoder

愛用小紅點

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #708 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 20:00:38 »
I REALLY want a yellow one, but this will have to do for now :(

Show Image

(the G2Pro sits silently in the background..)

Is that a Ducky Mini? :)
Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline _howsyourcat

« Reply #709 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 21:44:44 »
Work: QFR with browns

Just ordered a Filco MJ2 with browns  :)

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #710 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 21:49:34 »

Heh, yeah of course not. That was a mistype, my bad. When I start one of those speed tests or whatever, its just so tempting to just push down hard and leap to the next key but the more i type the better i get at just fluttering from key to key and now I'm getting closer and closer to my 120 wpm goal. The sound is drastically different when you don't bottom out as well, and I think i prefer it to the harsher smashing of the keyboard.

Best of luck in your journey, young one.
Light touch and quick thought.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline n0rdlad

« Reply #711 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:26:11 »
Work: QFR with browns

Just ordered a Filco MJ2 with browns  :)

So happy with mine :) just waiting on some replacement pbt caps & she'll be complete.

Enjoy!
- Filco MJ2 104 MX Brown -

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #712 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 15:30:41 »

Show Image

Please point out where you manage to get the sweet trackpoint/click/unknowndevice front panel for me.

I have a Poker II aswell, and your mods interests me.

Please, tell me your secrets.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Mr. C

« Reply #713 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:15:23 »
I swapped out the white and grey keycaps from my 87UW 45g to the new 87UB 55g I bought. I love that particular color combination of black case and white and grey keys.  That is what I'm typing on. But it's so heavy. I'm trying to get used to it. It's like just starting an exercise program when you are out of shape. 

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #714 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:22:21 »
I swapped out the white and grey keycaps from my 87UW 45g to the new 87UB 55g I bought. I love that particular color combination of black case and white and grey keys.  That is what I'm typing on. But it's so heavy. I'm trying to get used to it. It's like just starting an exercise program when you are out of shape. 

It's really not that heavier than the 45g. It's just snappier and more responsive. Once you get used it the weight, which usually only takes a couple days, it'll be a breeze to type on it. I think slower typists tend to feel the weight more than those who type fast. I feel that the 55g domes are designed for quick and fast switch presses, where one lifts off quickly on each press.

Give it a couple days; you'll fall in love!

Offline russm

« Reply #715 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 16:37:07 »
New MX Board 3.0 with reds, it is a lot faster than me!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #716 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 15:31:17 »
Typing on a QFR with reds right now. Ordered some Filcos yesterday, so I'm definitely going to try those out when I get 'em. Also Ducky thick PBT caps (ISO) incoming in January, can't wait! :D
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #717 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 20:27:25 »
Started using my HHKB again last night, after a few days on my Filco MJ2 w/ Ergo Clears. It's so purrdy.

Yes, the Lime Green cap does not match the profile, and that's because I used them all on other boards.

Show Image

Delicious
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline eddie

• ¥¥¥¥
« Reply #718 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 20:28:55 »
i'm using a k90  :p

Offline peter79

« Reply #719 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 21:47:05 »
My first Mechanical keyboard is Filco Majestouch 2 AI blue switch. Using it for 2 months.
Then I bought Realforce 104 UB Variable.
Next 2 Months I bought 104 UB-DKI 45 gr Weight, and 87U 55 gr force with Digilog Aluminium case.
The 87U still in USA, will receive it in a week, while the Aluminium case already waiting patiently for a month  ;D

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #720 on: Fri, 13 December 2013, 22:36:11 »
Typing on a $15 Cherry ML4100  :cool:

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #721 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 00:15:00 »
My Poker II with mx blacks
Trying to figure a way to remap fn+wasd to fn+hjkl
47933-0
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #722 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 05:13:37 »
Nice variations color :D
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline BGD

« Reply #723 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 14:03:27 »
My Poker II with mx blacks
Trying to figure a way to remap fn+wasd to fn+hjkl
(Attachment Link)
Really like your color scheme.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #724 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 15:59:05 »
We're starting to see some imaginitive combinations coming out of the Tao Hao group buy.

This is a Good Thing (tm) :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #725 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 16:01:13 »
We're starting to see some imaginitive combinations coming out of the Tao Hao group buy.

I'd have some rainbow puke if I joined earlier enough to be part of the GB...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #726 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 18:53:40 »

I'd have some rainbow puke if I joined earlier enough to be part of the GB...

KeyPop are selling sets ...

Offline VP

« Reply #727 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 19:05:41 »
Hello!
This is my first post on this nice forum.
I have Das Keyboard Ultimate with MX Blue. It's my first mechanical keyboard and I very like it.
I found this forum and I am reading discussions on this forum often. Interesting.
Thank You

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #728 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 19:38:30 »
Hello!
This is my first post on this nice forum.
I have Das Keyboard Ultimate with MX Blue. It's my first mechanical keyboard and I very like it.
I found this forum and I am reading discussions on this forum often. Interesting.
Thank You

Welcome to Geekhack!

Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #729 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 19:42:33 »
Went back to my 87u 55g! I love this keyboard so much.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #730 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 19:50:31 »
Been talking about SSK so I switched back to my Model M for a little while.

Loving the feel and sound, but already missing the Thorpe goodness.

Offline Canious

« Reply #731 on: Sat, 14 December 2013, 21:26:47 »
Using topre 55gu and filco brown 10key less. Can't decide which one to keep :)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #732 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 00:32:07 »
Using topre 55gu and filco brown 10key less. Can't decide which one to keep :)

Look deep in your heart. You know it be Topre true.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #733 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:40:01 »
TK with Blues for now, and going to switch to a Ducky Yellow TKL with Blues when it comes in, hopefully by next week's end.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 13:58:55 »
TK with Blues for now, and going to switch to a Ducky Yellow TKL with Blues when it comes in, hopefully by next week's end.
Nice!! I'm really tempted to get one of those limited edition yellow versions too!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #735 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:02:27 »
Nice!! I'm really tempted to get one of those limited edition yellow versions too!

Those lighting modes, I'm definitely going to get to see firsthand what typing 150+ on them will look like.  ;D
Also, seeing that it had not just PBT, but a very thick looking PBT, while somehow still letting light through, made me quite happy.
I'd recommend it! Still going for $150 shipped at mechanicalkeyboards.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #736 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:37:29 »

Those lighting modes, I'm definitely going to get to see firsthand what typing 150+ on them will look like.  ;D
Also, seeing that it had not just PBT, but a very thick looking PBT, while somehow still letting light through, made me quite happy.
Actual video of someone typing 150+ wpm on that reactive mode would be so cool!
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #737 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 14:40:56 »

I'll put up a video when I get it!
10FF will be good for it. If you consider the errors as wpm, it will be more like 160 wpm.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #738 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 15:13:41 »

10FF will be good for it. If you consider the errors as wpm, it will be more like 160 wpm.
I am looking forward to it.
Have you ever measured how many apm you have while testing your wpm (with errors) ?
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #739 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:58:56 »

I am looking forward to it.
Have you ever measured how many apm you have while testing your wpm (with errors) ?

Well, I wouldn't know in games like SCII, if that's what you meant, but 10FF does take into account your total keystrokes and corrections, but not at the same time. I guess my keypresses/minute is something more like 800.

EDIT: jk, just poked in a 157 wpm with 810 characters inputted, not counting a few backspaces. So maybe like 820 or so.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:02:03 by Linkbane »

Offline arieswu

• A`s Log
« Reply #740 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:06:23 »

Show Image

Please point out where you manage to get the sweet trackpoint/click/unknowndevice front panel for me.

愛用小紅點

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #741 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:40:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

damn thats cool

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #742 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:44:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

but where did you get it?

Offline arieswu

• A`s Log
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:46:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

The front panel and trackpoint were parts of the  keyboard of T60
, the wheel encoder was from an used mouse.

And it's programmable, the controller was from KBC imsto.
愛用小紅點

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #744 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:58:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

link to the controller?

Offline arieswu

• A`s Log
« Reply #745 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:30:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

link to the controller?

poker pcb, mouse wheelencoder  link to the controller
the controller and Trackpoint link to an extra usb hub
愛用小紅點

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #746 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 21:59:39 »
arieswu, great work and welcome back.
Two years!! from your last mod/post.

Offline indiatechnewscom

« Reply #747 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 03:43:04 »
I just got the CM Storm Devastator Gaming bundle, a super cool entry level Gaming keyboard and mouse

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #748 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 03:43:54 »
I just got the CM Storm Devastator Gaming bundle, a super cool entry level Gaming keyboard and mouse

Hey thats not a mechanical keyboard

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline moonexe

« Reply #749 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 05:36:14 »
Hey thats not a mechanical keyboard
Neither is mine at the moment. Logitech G11, which will go into retirement as soon as I receive my G80-3000...
Left shift gets stuck all the time, I think some keys are even missing stabilizers. Oh yeah, and F4 activates on its own whether I press it or not. Constantly. So I have it disabled. :rolleyes:

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout