Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763459 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #950 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 20:19:14 »
I've been using a Realforce 87U/55g and and an IBM SSK.
But thinking of selling the SSK and picking up another 87U.
The IBM SSK is a really nice keyboard; but the Realforce has
become my keyboard of choice. Anyone interested in a new
SSK? I've got two and will likely keep the one I've been using.

Don't blame you. 55g Thorpe is feels so damn good it's hard to break away from.

Just having a lil' fun switching things up. For now:

Show Image

Don't you miss 55g when you switch do your HHKB?

As I said above, it's really just hard to break away from 55g Topre. However, because HHKB is just so much fun and light, and ergo clear feels just as good, it's always an internal conflict when I'm typing on one of my boards because they all feel so great LOL!

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #951 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 21:33:27 »
Topre 45g on an FC660C, enjoying it.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #952 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 03:29:04 »
I've been using a Realforce 87U/55g and and an IBM SSK.
But thinking of selling the SSK and picking up another 87U.
The IBM SSK is a really nice keyboard; but the Realforce has
become my keyboard of choice. Anyone interested in a new
SSK? I've got two and will likely keep the one I've been using.

I am!

But I suspect the cost to ship it to Australia will put it beyond my almost non-existent budget and kill the idea.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #953 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 08:18:26 »

LOL! I never thought I'd hear those words from you!
I love my 660C :D welcome to the club.
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #954 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:02:54 »

Psh, I gave up my Topre hate a while ago. Still don't like the 'Cherry sux #toprelife' fanboys. Also there's just as much wobble in these keycaps as my Cherries, it might just seem less because there's less noise from said wobbling.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #955 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:06:45 »

Psh, I gave up my Topre hate a while ago. Still don't like the 'Cherry sux #toprelife' fanboys. Also there's just as much wobble in these keycaps as my Cherries, it might just seem less because there's less noise from said wobbling.

Really? The keys on my HHKB do wobble a little bit, but much less than my Filco. When depressed they barely move at all.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #956 on: Tue, 28 January 2014, 18:52:43 »
Really? The keys on my HHKB do wobble a little bit, but much less than my Filco. When depressed they barely move at all.

I mean, the only time I can get any wobble out of either of my boards is when I take a finger and make little circular motions with it. Otherwise when I depress the keys on my Ducky, there's no wobble, just like on the Topre.

Offline kilogeek

• Nostalgy of a time when quality was a value
« Reply #957 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 06:12:23 »
Just having a lil' fun switching things up. For now:

Show Image

OMG, nice pic but I would not be able to use that, are you an E.T. ? ;p
"Ne pas subir" - Devise de Saint-Cyr.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #958 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 08:28:21 »
Cherry G80-5000 HAMDE (big kudos to kint of deskthority forums):
Show Image

tuxsavvy make art pixl for your G80-5000 on signature :p
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #959 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 08:50:19 »
At home I've been using a Northgate Omnikey 101 with complicated Blue Alps. I actually just got really sad thinking about it leaving me this upcoming Saturday/Monday. I really love the board...

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #960 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:14:42 »
Lenovo Preferred Pro. Came with my new Lenovo desktop, and for a rubber dome, it's not the worst thing in the world. Very squeaky spacebar.

Looking to get my first mechanical with buckling springs, topre 55g, mx blues, mx greens, or mx clears.

Offline Warduke

« Reply #961 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 10:07:14 »
The one I just got a few minutes ago...a QuickFire Stealth with Greens!

The difference between these and blues is pretty evident, they're much stiffer. But is that a bad thing or a good thing? Only time will tell but so far, I'm liking it.

As for the rest of the keyboard, loving the new black case (coming from the uber branded gray QFR) and the stealth/ninja caps are awesome. Beautiful keyboard.
Unicomp Customizer 104 - Rosewill RK-9000 - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - CM Storm QuickFire Stealth -
Pok3r

Offline tyra

« Reply #962 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 11:09:28 »
Poker 2 Blue MX  with PBT caps - love it!!  :thumb:
Vortex Tab90M CMX Brown * Filco M2 CMX Brown * Vortex Poker 2 CMX Blue

Offline wrwhoami

« Reply #963 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 11:17:54 »
I am waiting GH60
NOW I use tex+gmk+poker two's PCB

Offline Altis

« Reply #964 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 17:21:53 »
DAS Ultimate Silent, and Apple BT keyboard, interchangeably.

I'd probably use the Apple one most of the time as I type much quicker, quieter, and more accurately on it, but my motherboard doesn't like my SSD much... so I have to hit F2 to boot, before Bluetooth is enabled. Then I end up just sticking with it.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #965 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 18:49:51 »

CM Quick Fire Rapid-I with MX Browns here at Campus Party Brazil (it's not mine, it's property of Cooler Master Brazil)

Thing looks quite nice, there are several improvements, but I still dislike the keycaps from this OEM...

PS: That's not its original cable, that's the cable from my Matias Mini Quiet Pro, but yes, it's micro-USB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 January 2014, 18:51:51 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #966 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 18:53:20 »
WEY HK2000!  Love this keyboard so much.  Disassembled, cleaned it up, layered some shelf liner, and lubricated all the springs/stem shafts.  Super nice stock Clears.

52764-0

Almost used to the ISO layout now though still think it's less ergonomic than a US ANSI layout.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #967 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 18:54:19 »
Show Image

CM Quick Fire Rapid-I with MX Browns here at Campus Party Brazil (it's not mine, it's property of Cooler Master Brazil)

Thing looks quite nice, there are several improvements, but I still dislike the keycaps from this OEM...

PS: That's not its original cable, that's the cable from my Matias Mini Quiet Pro, but yes, it's micro-USB.

is that a prototype?

Offline wetto

« Reply #968 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:04:27 »
Show Image

is that a prototype?

Yes, they've said so. Is there any info in particular you want?
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #969 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:08:16 »
Show Image

is that a prototype?

Is the bottom row the same as the regular QFR? The qftk had a really weird bottom row that I hope they didn't use when designing a new pcb for the backlit qfr

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #970 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:11:59 »
Show Image

is that a prototype?

Is the bottom row the same as the regular QFR? The qftk had a really weird bottom row that I hope they didn't use when designing a new pcb for the backlit qfr

There's a picture…

In the picture, there's a keyboard…

On the keyboard, there's a bottom row…

On the bottom row, there are 3 1.25x mods, a spacebar, and 4 1.25x mods…

It stands to reason that the bottom row is the same.

Offline wetto

« Reply #971 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:12:33 »
Show Image

is that a prototype?

Yes, both the CM Quick Fire Rapid, Rapid-I and the CM Storm Trigger Z have the same modifiers size.

But the weird thing is that the CM Storm Trigger keycaps are VERY different from Rapid-I/TK (Solid Year) and Rapid/Trigger (Costar) and actually a lot more like the keycaps from the "Sentey GHO5T" (rebranding of the iOne Scorpius U9BL) I tested earlier here.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:14:06 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #972 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:13:27 »
Show Image

is that a prototype?

There's a picture…

Are there any updates on the size of those keycaps?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #973 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:15:15 »
Show Image

is that a prototype?

There's a picture…

Let me check…

No.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #974 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:28:40 »
Show Image

is that a prototype?

There's a picture…

Let me check…

Show Image

No.

Can I get a reupdate on that update?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline syNRG

« Reply #975 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 16:27:00 »
Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Blacks

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #976 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 16:43:13 »
I've switched back and forth between my Leopold TKL(otaku) with blues, HHKB, and my '87 SSK recently. I just can't stop yearning for my SSK when I'm using the other boards. It just feels so right...
SSKs for everyone!

Offline rotovator

« Reply #977 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 16:44:16 »
IBM KB-8926

IBM Model M, ACER 6312-TA,  Logitech Dinovo for Laptops, SWEDX, Focus FK-2001, IBM 8926
Cassette deck collector, Tesoro Colada Saint

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #978 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 17:12:50 »
IBM KB-8926
Show Image

Strongly digging the font there, what switches does it use?

Offline rotovator

« Reply #979 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 17:32:43 »
IBM KB-8926
Show Image

It is a rubber dome keyboard. But of a sturdy build quality and a very nice feel.
IBM Model M, ACER 6312-TA,  Logitech Dinovo for Laptops, SWEDX, Focus FK-2001, IBM 8926
Cassette deck collector, Tesoro Colada Saint

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #980 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 18:26:17 »
IBM KB-8926
Show Image

It is a rubber dome keyboard. But of a sturdy build quality and a very nice feel.

Not too bad, then. It does make me sad, though, when really cool features come out and they can't be incorporated onto mechanical boards.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #981 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 18:28:27 »
Sat on the bridge at work on my Black Widow ith Blues. Getting evil side looks after I posted a massive wall of text on another thread.

Eheheh. Eheheh.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline domesticbark

« Reply #982 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 18:36:54 »
I'm using a Ducky Shine 3 with browns until my poker II with blues comes.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #983 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 20:04:32 »
I'm using a Ducky Shine 3 with browns until my poker II with blues comes.

TKL Shine? Why abandon the Shine for the Poker?  :(

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #984 on: Sat, 01 February 2014, 20:14:23 »
Back to using the Marquardt military keyboard, with the Commando keycaps from JilJil's GB.
52975-0

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #985 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 19:28:30 »
I've started using my FC660C after I shipped my G80 3000 off to Ivan for repairs. Loving the thock, but I'm missing vintage blacks and especially cherry profile keycaps.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #986 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 20:00:33 »
I've started using my FC660C after I shipped my G80 3000 off to Ivan for repairs. Loving the thock, but I'm missing vintage blacks and especially cherry profile keycaps.

Since I've never used Cherry profile, how do Leopold keycaps compare? Are they pretty much like OEM?

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #987 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 20:13:50 »
WEY HK2000!  Love this keyboard so much.  Disassembled, cleaned it up, layered some shelf liner, and lubricated all the springs/stem shafts.  Super nice stock Clears.

(Attachment Link)

Almost used to the ISO layout now though still think it's less ergonomic than a US ANSI layout.
:-X i am so jealous

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #988 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 20:19:56 »

Since I've never used Cherry profile, how do Leopold keycaps compare? Are they pretty much like OEM?

Yeah they're pretty much OEM profile. Cherry is a bit lower and flatter, and feels much better IMO.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #989 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 21:39:27 »

Yeah they're pretty much OEM profile. Cherry is a bit lower and flatter, and feels much better IMO.

I see, should try them out sometime. Always liked the look of OEM, but if it feels nicer, who knows.  :D

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #990 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 21:55:54 »

I see, should try them out sometime. Always liked the look of OEM, but if it feels nicer, who knows.  :D

You can harvest some cherry double shots from a G81 3000. That's probably the easiest/cheapest way to try it. They pop up on eBay all the time.

« Reply #991 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 22:14:05 »
Realforce 87u TKLS White

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #992 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 22:14:16 »
You can harvest some cherry double shots from a G81 3000. That's probably the easiest/cheapest way to try it. They pop up on eBay all the time.

Are there PBT Cherry profile caps anywhere, or are they all ABS?

Offline luis911

« Reply #993 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 22:20:32 »

Ducky Shine 3 Mx White switchies  :thumb:
Check out my website FDMPrints.org

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #994 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 22:31:00 »

Cherry made some thick PBT dyesubs as well, but those go for insane amounts of money. Your best bet is to get a modern cherry profile PBT set. Take a look at Ivan's black PBT dyesub GB. If you want other colors, though, I'd buy a set through IMSTO.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #995 on: Sun, 02 February 2014, 23:08:49 »

Cherry made some thick PBT dyesubs as well, but those go for insane amounts of money. Your best bet is to get a modern cherry profile PBT set. Take a look at Ivan's black PBT dyesub GB. If you want other colors, though, I'd buy a set through IMSTO.

Ah, thank you for the advice. I'll try to find some for a low price, harvesting seems to be the best bet for now.

Offline moonexe

« Reply #996 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 01:43:32 »
Stock caps on white boards are PBT too, pretty thin though

G80-3000, MX brown           -           Filco Majestouch 2 HAKUA TKL+TK, MX brown, JIS Layout

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #997 on: Mon, 03 February 2014, 05:56:00 »
Stock caps on white boards are PBT too, pretty thin though

Yeah, they don't feel that bad honestly, but thick is much better.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #998 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 14:59:56 »
I'm on day two using a ducky shine 3 with blacks and they are not as bad as I remember. I'm even using the stock key caps still :eek:

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #999 on: Thu, 27 February 2014, 15:01:15 »
I'm on day two using a ducky shine 3 with blacks and they are not as bad as I remember. I'm even using the stock key caps still :eek:
Black switches are awesome.

Using my model m for the first time in months, all it does it make me wish my kishsaver was converted now.