Author Topic: [IC] DCS Alps Rectifier  (Read 14908 times)

Offline Tyson

[IC] DCS Alps Rectifier
« on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 21:14:04 »
DCS Alps Rectifier

IC Form 

Join my Discord for updates       

COLORS
All the colors of the set are stock SP colors!

Alphas: SP GSL (Light Grey)
Mods: SP GSM (Cool Dark Grey)
Accents: SP BFJ (Soft Blue)

Small Batch GB Date: TBD

KITTING(Adding Alice extra B + split bars to base kit in next render)

BASE:[Targeting $120 (50MOQ)]
 Standard Base Kit with TKL, with Minimal 40s and Alice Support

RENDERS

TGR Jane V2

TGR Alice

TGR 910

Thank you, Skok for the awesome renders as always

TO DO LIST:
- Tweak Kitting according to IC form and Geekhack Thread
- See if there is enough interest to run this in Alps
- Waiting for Quotes from SP

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 February 2022, 13:00:21 by Tyson »

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] DCS Rectifier
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 21:14:34 »
Reserved

Offline Fraaaan

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 21:19:56 »
Your base and extension kit both have an F13 in them. Labeling the spacebars in the spacebar kit would be nice. Maybe add a r1 '=' in the extension kit?

GLWIC!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 21:26:52 »

Offline C_L | Soup

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 21:58:06 »
279879-0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:00:40 »
wyse legends or do this in GMK

colors are nice though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Woovie

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:02:06 »
Your base and extension kit both have an F13 in them. Labeling the spacebars in the spacebar kit would be nice. Maybe add a r1 '=' in the extension kit?

GLWIC!

From the OP

Please note that kits are subject to change, F13 is in both Base and Extension due to the fact that it might be moved from Base into Extension.

Looks good! Gib mono alpha kit.

Offline PixelPlays__

• God, this hobby is so expensive.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:13:24 »

colors are nice though

I agree; Wyse legends on this would look really nice! Also...any chance for Albs support?

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:18:47 »
the iso is confusing. i recommend googling a uk iso keyboard layout and then using those keys or copying the terminal iso outlined in most sets nowadays

Offline Tyson

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:24:50 »
the iso is confusing. i recommend googling a uk iso keyboard layout and then using those keys or copying the terminal iso outlined in most sets nowadays

The iso keys in this set are UK ISO and US Terminal ISO. lol

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:27:25 »

are we looking at the same render
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zetina

• Big bird
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:38:58 »
+1 on Wyse legends

Offline HungHingDaiLo

• 無間道
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:44:11 »
Thank you, Skok for the awesome renders as always.

Yay numpad in base! Any price estimate on base kit, even just give or take?

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 22:51:12 »
Would be big poggers if you use relegendables in the macros

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 23:24:43 »
this just makes me want a hydro rerun

Offline mcmcmc

[IC] DCS Rectifier
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 00:42:18 »
this is so cool. i like it.

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 02:18:18 »

colors are nice though

Mans based  :thumb:

Sidenote, nice, but yes. WYSE pls. Also this looks somewhat like hydro if I'm not mistaken, I like

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 04:29:26 »
Might I suggest moving the R1 , 2", , R3 '@, #~, R4 \| keys to the extension kit? (Also, the #~ key should be R3 instead of R4.)

Seeing as this is a DCS set and not GMK, there is much less benefit to including 3-key 40s support in the base kit. Those keys should probably be moved to the 40s kit (see this and this).
Speaking of the 40s kit, the 2u Shift key should be removed, and 40%-specific spacebar sizes should be added (2× 1u, 2× 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u). Similarly, the second copy of 1u and 2u space should be removed from the spacebars kit.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 December 2021, 04:31:05 by konstantin »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 06:39:13 »
are we looking at the same render
likely; i now realize that the set has both uk and terminal iso, with the ukiso having one of its r3 keys in r4. imo doing both doesn't make much sense to me; uk with r3 pipe for us iso layouts is probably the most i'd do here

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 10:18:42 »

colors are nice though

Mans based  :thumb:

Sidenote, nice, but yes. WYSE pls. Also this looks somewhat like hydro if I'm not mistaken, I like

ya it's defo hydro adjacent but since the likelihood of us ever getting a hydro rerun is very low, we can accept this

Offline Tyson

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 16:41:39 »
Thank you everyone for the quick feedback! Glad y’all like it! When I was working on colors I definitely made sure to check and make sure the colors were different enough from GMK Hydro. After I chose the colors I quickly noticed the resemblance to Hydro, TA90, and True Olivetti. I chose the blue because it was soft and didn’t pop loudly with the mod color nor the alphas, but was dark enough to not have any contrast issues! I was not trying to recreate Hydro, the grey alphas make the set unique in its own right. It’ll be noticeable when the set ships.

As for updates I’d like to announce some vendors for this set!

ThocKeys for the US vendor, AshKeebs for the CA vendor and Proto[Typist] for the UK vendor! I will be posting more vendors as the IC progresses.

I would also like to talk to y’all about the kitting. When I was originally working on this set I decided to make mock-ups of different versions of the base kit to get quotes on, one with everything in it as you currently see it, one with ISO & Numpad/1800 support removed, and one with 3 key 40s & ISO & Numpad/1800 & mod pipe/tilde support removed. I also made new kits for ISO, Numpad/1800 and made a second 40s kit with the 3 key support moved to that kit. I made sure to send all the kit mock-ups to get quotes so we won’t have to keep asking SP for quotes. When the quotes do come in would you guys like to see the pricing options for those other versions of the set? Basically I would like to try to provide everyone with the best value option be it breaking out the kits, or leaving everything in the base kit how it is now. Breaking out the kits might provide better value for people who might only want a TKL base with lets say ISO, or a TKL base with 40s. You guys get the idea! I understand this is a bit different from the norm as a lot of people typically start off with broken out kits then move things to a big kit. I’d thought I’d test this out with this set! Please let me know your opinions on the idea! :)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 16:42:49 »
Oh! Also, I won’t be doing deskmats nor metal caps for this set. Just sticking with the normal keyset for this project! :)

Offline AstralYT

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 00:35:39 »
This may be an unpopular opinion, but keep the cherry font. Not the biggest fan of Gorton.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 01:10:33 »
This may be an unpopular opinion, but keep the cherry font. Not the biggest fan of Gorton.

The font is staying Cherry. I have no intention on making it Gorton, I understand that there are fans of Gorton out there but imo Cherry looks fine.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 06:58:13 »

The font is staying Cherry. I have no intention on making it Gorton, I understand that there are fans of Gorton out there but imo Cherry looks fine.
+1. The font looks great as it is.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 11:43:12 »

did you already get permission to use the cherry legends? this can sometimes be a roadblock.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 12:41:47 »
Might I suggest moving the R1 , 2", , R3 '@, #~, R4 \| keys to the extension kit? (Also, the #~ key should be R3 instead of R4.)

Seeing as this is a DCS set and not GMK, there is much less benefit to including 3-key 40s support in the base kit. Those keys should probably be moved to the 40s kit (see this and this).
Speaking of the 40s kit, the 2u Shift key should be removed, and 40%-specific spacebar sizes should be added (2× 1u, 2× 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u). Similarly, the second copy of 1u and 2u space should be removed from the spacebars kit.

Regarding ISO, it looks like the renders were a bit off and I am just catching them now. My bad! I looked back on my KLEs and noticed that I have #~ listed as R3. 3 key 40s support is going to stay in the base kit and the 40s kit along with the spacebar kit will not be changed.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 12:43:17 »

did you already get permission to use the cherry legends? this can sometimes be a roadblock.

I just emailed Melissa asking about this, this was her response

"Steven-

Cherry legends are open for use, the only stipulation for these is if there needs to be a new legend created, that new legend is also open for use.

Thanks!"

(For those wondering, my name is Steven Tyson lol, I go by Tyson literally everywhere though.)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 13:12:51 »

I just emailed Melissa asking about this, this was her response

"Steven-

Cherry legends are open for use, the only stipulation for these is if there needs to be a new legend created, that new legend is also open for use.

Thanks!"

(For those wondering, my name is Steven Tyson lol, I go by Tyson literally everywhere though.)

this is new! nice

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 17:16:55 »
3 key 40s support is going to stay in the base kit and the 40s kit along with the spacebar kit will not be changed.

Why do you think that is better?

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 07:51:54 »
Hey nice set, consider changing the legend on the R2 1u from 'BS' to 'Back'

Offline Tyson

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 12:53:18 »
Update:

After looking at the google forms feedback page, I have made the decision to break apart the base kit. The new kits are listed below:

> Base Kit

> 1800 Kit

> ISO Kit

> Extension Kit

> 40s Kit

> Spacebar Kit

> 10u Spacebar Kit

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 December 2021, 19:01:27 by Tyson »

Offline Woovie

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 15:05:20 »
Very cool, I appreciate this change a lot as an Alice user.

Offline stidal

• milo#3939
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 15:08:04 »
i like. simple, clean colorway
transition tkl // aksara ce // bully // valhalla // voyager // rs60 // adiuvare // ciel60 // jules // prime e // ut47.2 // sequence // bumper // q1 // gaff60

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] DCS Rectifier | Kitting Adjustments | GB Date: March 2022
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 19:05:27 »
Just wanted to update everyone! I have posted the adjusted kits and have been able to secure a GB date of March 2022! Please keep submitting your feedback to let me know if you like the new kitting or not. I thought this base kit might be more favorable for a lot of users in the hobby!

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 12:27:51 »
I would appreciate having a 125 Shift in Base as it is not exclusive to ISO layouts.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 December 2021, 12:29:51 by white_rabbit »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 26 December 2021, 12:36:01 »
I would appreciate having a 125 Shift in Base as it is not exclusive to ISO layouts.

what layouts use it other than ISO?

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 11:23:47 »

Various sub 60% layouts.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 12:07:39 »

Various sub 60% layouts.

Do you have an images of the layout? Unfortunately I do not have any plans on moving this key into the base kit unless there is more feedback on it. Right now you are the only person I've heard from that has mentioned it being used in other layouts other than ISO.

Offline white_rabbit

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 14:05:13 »
Many 12u / 13u+ layouts make use of this key (JD40, JD45, TMOv2, 45-ATS, Adelie, Cajal, Neuron, Prime E, etc). It's not a big deal as the key could be substituted by sacrificing legend accuracy with another bottom row modifier.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 12:34:23 »
Many 12u / 13u+ layouts make use of this key (JD40, JD45, TMOv2, 45-ATS, Adelie, Cajal, Neuron, Prime E, etc). It's not a big deal as the key could be substituted by sacrificing legend accuracy with another bottom row modifier.

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

Hmmm, seeing as how I have to submit for another quote before the GB (the current quotes I have were only good for 60 days, a new policy from SP) I will look into adding that key into the base kit and removing it from the ISO kit that way other 40s boards can use it if they want. :) Thank you for letting me know. I had no idea that many 40s used that key!

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 01:23:30 »
I like it, yes

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 06:52:19 »
So it's sort of like a semi Olivetti vibe. Not bad

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 14:38:47 »
I'd like to announce that we added on a few more vendors to run this set in multiple parts of the world!

EU: Keygem

IN: Rectangles.store

And with that all the vendors have been added for this keyset, currently I am working on pricing for all the kits and will update everyone once we have more information on that! Thank you again to everyone who is interested in this set!

Offline Raravin

Re: [IC] DCS Rectifier | Target MOQs and Pricing Added | GB Date: March 2022
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 11:54:49 »
Looking good as always~!

Offline raijba

Re: [IC] DCS Rectifier | Target MOQs and Pricing Added | GB Date: March 2022
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 22:38:57 »
Really liking this set and would like throw my support behind adding a 1.25u Shift in the base or 40s kit!

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] DCS Rectifier | Putting project on hold
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 11:21:54 »
Hey guys! Just wanted to update everyone and let you all know that I am putting this project on a indefinite hold. The response has been pretty lackluster on it and I would rather it go on hold verses having to cancel the set mid GB because of poor sales. If there is more interest in the set as time goes on I would be willing to revisit it but for now I have chosen to place this project on hold.

Thank you for the support and I look forward to working on more projects in the future!

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] DCS Alps Rectifier
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 13:06:24 »
Updated the set to include new information, I'd love to still try to run this even if it's in Alps! Would be really cool to just get enough interest to run a small batch of the set! It seems like there aren't too many custom alps sets out there, just your basic beige, DCS alps Yuri and now WoB.

Offline VoodooBear

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 13:28:29 »
In for Alps.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 13:35:49 »
I'm in for more alps sets.