Author Topic: New Member - Need recommendation for modding work  (Read 1121 times)

Offline mbrown559

New Member - Need recommendation for modding work
« on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:35:17 »
Hello everybody,

New GH'er here and just started my Mechanical Keyboard "addiction".  I discovered the miracle that was mechanical keyboards about 2 months ago and since then purchased my first keyboard a WASD v2 with MX Blue.  After doing lots of research I decided I wanted ErgoClear but did not want to attempt the mod myself yet.  I have a poker II with clears coming to me from Massdrop and am looking for an experienced modder (in the USA) to do a spring swap and lubing for me.  I will pay for all shipping and compensate them for their time.  Thank you for looking at my post :)!

(Currently trying to get 62g and 65g springs from this thread)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55888.msg1258674#msg1258674

Also can anyone comment on whether "stickering" a switch actually does anything or is it for looks?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: New Member - Need recommendation for modding work
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:41:32 »
For a modder, I highly recommend you talk to dorkvader. I've got a board he worked on and I love it.

In terms of stickers? They supposedly there to help with the wobble and for aesthetics. I don't care for them as I don't think they help or look that good compared to the time it takes me to sticker all the switches.

Offline mbrown559

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:45:07 »
Thanks for the quick reply CPTBadass,  It seems you stay true to your name "BadAss".  I will contact dorkvader and see if he can help me out :)!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 11:51:58 »
You're welcome. I unfortunately lie in the first part of my name since I'm not a captain :(.

And before I forget, welcome to Geekhack!

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:18:38 »
Welcome!

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:29:58 »
+1 for dorkvader. I have heard nothing but good things regarding his work/services.

Also, welcome aboard! Get involved in the community and enjoy your stay! :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 12:34:01 »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline mbrown559

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 14:59:07 »
Hello everybody!  Thanks for the warm welcome.

Also thank you for the list jdcarpe this is an extremely useful resource.

I am in talks with dorkvader currently and I think he is going to mod my board!  So much success already, looking forward to my time on wallethack (As my budget goes out the door).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 September 2014, 17:27:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Sounds like you have already met some of our esteemed members!

Sorry to hear about your wallet though ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ