Author Topic: Hello, from the MP3 Encoder.  (Read 1384 times)

Offline compgeke

Hello, from the MP3 Encoder.
« on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 00:11:47 »
Hello, I'm Compgeke the lame (or Compgeke the MP3 Encoder). I come in peace and pieces, with complete and incomplete keyboards (mostly IBM). Of the keyboards I have I own 3278 terminal keyboards, 3178 terminal keyboards, Model F terminal keyboards, Model M terminal keyboards, XT\PC Model F keyboards, Model F AT keyboards and a couple Model Ms.

I do hope to find information on cleaning these (and I mean dust cleaning, some of these came out of a barn), which I'll do some searching for after this and I also hope to make one of the converters to use a Model F Terminal keyboard on a PC using a Teensy 2.0, which I already know is possible as I've seen what it looks like...and it connected to an iPad.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Hello, from the MP3 Encoder.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 10:45:55 »
Welcome to GeekHack!

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 10:49:50 »
Welcome to WalletHack: where all your IBMs are belong to us. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Anyways, lots of friendly people here who can CERTAINLY help you clean those boards and make the Teensey converter. Ask any question about keyboards, and you will get an answer.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 22:47:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Another IBM enthusiast - we have a few of those around here :)

Paging fohat.digs to assist with your queries ...

(or maybe just post in the keyboards section, for cleaning suggestions)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ