Author Topic: [IC] GMK Penumbra Accent Kit (Awaiting Pricing Tiers)  (Read 79374 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [IC] GMK Penumbra Accent Kit
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 13:02:10 »
I'm in.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 13:07:40 »
To clarify: If we don't PM you regarding our Penumbra order, it will ship on 03/17? Or do we have to contact you if we want it shipped 03/17?

Yeah, please pm me. I have to note it on each individual order to have it shipped 3/17.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 14:21:11 »
Oh snap just got a shipping confirmation for the set!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 14:21:30 »
Oh snap just got a shipping confirmation for the set!

Same-uel L. Jackson.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 14:37:17 »
To clarify: If we don't PM you regarding our Penumbra order, it will ship on 03/17? Or do we have to contact you if we want it shipped 03/17?

Yeah, please pm me. I have to note it on each individual order to have it shipped 3/17.

Does this mean it'll be back "in stock" on 3/17?

Back in stock, bless up.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:51:13 by megaforce93 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Mad_Maxx

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:48:28 »
Had a mini panic attack when the set said out of stock on the site yesterday ::whew::
Bad switches is the only thing that I like

Offline Tally810

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:55:02 »
Man 3 days from order to ship on a new gmk set.  What a time to be alive.  The people *****ing about the structure  must not know how good if feels.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 19:12:01 »
Many of you asked about the spacebars! https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88257.msg2383197#msg2383197

I'm still working on the final details and touches for the Accent Kits and Solarized Alphas. I'll get back to you guys on all the information. I want to have these sets as low as possible.

I forgot to add that the solarized alphas will also include 0-9 numberpad keys (and everything else needed for it).

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 19:33:32 »
Many of you asked about the spacebars! https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88257.msg2383197#msg2383197

I'm still working on the final details and touches for the Accent Kits and Solarized Alphas. I'll get back to you guys on all the information. I want to have these sets as low as possible.

I forgot to add that the solarized alphas will also include 0-9 numberpad keys (and everything else needed for it).

Does it work best to make separate orders for ones that will arrive 4/21 versus in stock now? Or if I lump them all, they will all ship at 4/21?

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 20:06:11 »

Does it work best to make separate orders for ones that will arrive 4/21 versus in stock now? Or if I lump them all, they will all ship at 4/21?

If you add all of them, they will be shipped when the latest product arrives. You'll have to order them separately!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:15:51 »
You are awesome sherry. Thanks for putting in all the work.

And thank you to everyone here on geekhack. Instead of polarizing like they did on you know where, everybody here is being supportive of Orig Co and Sherry and helping to make GMK Penumbra a even better set.

Yeah this could have been discussed in a IC, but Sherry and the gang went out and made this set possible all on their own out of pocket and it's available today and ready to ship.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 March 2017, 22:21:21 by cswanic »

Offline Tally810

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 00:02:56 »

And thank you to everyone here on geekhack. Instead of polarizing like they did on you know where, everybody here is being supportive of Orig Co and Sherry and helping to make GMK Penumbra a even better set.

Yeah this could have been discussed in a IC, but Sherry and the gang went out and made this set possible all on their own out of pocket and it's available today and ready to ship.
Feels good cswanic.... real good

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 10:21:00 »

Feels good cswanic.... real good

I agree wholeheartedly with Tally, I had been dreaming of this set in thr GMK profile since seeing in SA. The fact that we have a month turnaround and that we get community involvement on the child kits is definitely appreciated!

Sent from the love gun.

Offline zenless

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 10:54:34 »
Every time there's an update I'm crossing my fingers for renders and/or link to order. This quick turn around time will spoil me.

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 22:35:44 »
I'm interested to see what happens here, but it feels a little bit like the plan is, "just to redo nearly the entire set", alphas and all.

Offline eldonw

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 00:42:18 »
I'm in for both!

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 07:04:45 »
I need my time to collect some money for Penumbra and coming up Alphas and modifiers.

I'm so broke but I won't give up to take them, hope they will not out of stock yet.

Offline stillzman

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 08:57:55 »

Sorry for the dumb question but will that blue spacebar match penumbra? it seems to be a different shade.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 09:07:45 »

Sorry for the dumb question but will that blue spacebar match penumbra? it seems to be a different shade.

No, the colors for Penumbra are custom whereas the space bars seem to be standard GMK colors.

Offline chaseyeh0721

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 13:21:37 »
Hi All,

I have Leopold FC980M and has ordered the GMK Penumbra. Cannot wait seeing the gorgeous keycaps.

My suggestion:

R1: Delete and Page Down.
R4: 1U Windows Key in purple, 1U Alt in yellow print, 1U Ctrl in pink print, 1.25U Fn in purple print.

Hahe~~~~

Please make it happened. Thank you.

Offline mindxthinker

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 13:40:03 »
sherryton, count me in please~ :D

Offline ullr

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 15:48:18 »
I’m definitely in for any expansion kits whatsoever.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 15:51:13 »
I just got my set in and I must say: WOW. I will take a pic of it when I get it on my board tonight.

I became a little nervous when I saw more recent pics in that the mods looked more black than blue. Not so in person. This is another case of Triumph Adler where the colors are impossible to capture on camera (though I'm sure some people will get really close). And the colors on the mods pop really well. Some may not like them becasue they'll compare them to SA, but I yet haven't seen an SA set which translated as well to GMK (save for maybe HyperFuse).
My only remaining concern is that the capitalized bottom row clashes with the rest of the kit, but that seems to be a non-issue with this IC.

And I for one love the Caps Lock icon caps.  :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 March 2017, 15:53:16 by romevi »

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:29:52 »
Hi All,

I have Leopold FC980M and has ordered the GMK Penumbra. Cannot wait seeing the gorgeous keycaps.

My suggestion:

R1: Delete and Page Down.
R4: 1U Windows Key in purple, 1U Alt in yellow print, 1U Ctrl in pink print, 1.25U Fn in purple print.

Hahe~~~~

Please make it happened. Thank you.

Sadly, the additional kit will not have extra colors.  I tried to go for something more unique, but it seems like many people have a lot of distaste for the caps and colors.

The R1 Delete and Pg Dn is a sure thing. We are also adding an End key to R1.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:37:25 »
Note: There's no where to leave additional notes on the order process.  Dropping you a PM for early ship with order#.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:39:56 »
Note: There's no where to leave additional notes on the order process.  Dropping you a PM for early ship with order#.

Feel free to pm/email me regarding this, and I can have that fixed for you.

For future reference, there's a Shopping Cart at the top right, and you can click on View Cart.

You can add notes in the Special Instructions like this, https://gyazo.com/8ac5ea800855eddeb356db753d5c0618

Offline Tally810

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:44:55 »
Package shows delivered and go outside to nothing :( .  At the post office now trying to find it

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:45:31 »

Feel free to pm/email me regarding this, and I can have that fixed for you.

For future reference, there's a Shopping Cart at the top right, and you can click on View Cart.

You can add notes in the Special Instructions like this, https://gyazo.com/8ac5ea800855eddeb356db753d5c0618

Oh cool... sorry for the brainfart; I just clicked check out on the little dropdown that pops up.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 18:27:10 »
Some may not like them becasue they'll compare them to SA, but I yet haven't seen an SA set which translated as well to GMK (save for maybe HyperFuse).

Don't forget about Carbon! That was excellently converted to GMK.

Also, really glad to hear about the blue being visible. It wasn't so much worry for me just curiosity how the blue would come out.

Offline w0odyallen

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 19:46:23 »
interesting in everything but spacebars, but would happily pick them up too if it was in a set.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 20:42:44 »
Yes please! Spacebars too, but whatever the crowd wants. (:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 23:18:31 »
Okay, so final thoughts on this set. Keep in mind I've never owned SA Penumbra and have never seen it in real life.

The main reason I fell in love with SA Penumbra years ago was the navy blue modifiers mixed with the colored legends. The warm colors of everything--from the Solarized alphas to the yellowed ones--screamed mock-vintage, and I was willing to forego the fact that it was SA. But SA profile also lent to its invitation with the large caps and exaggeratedly sized legends.

So with GMK, I don't think comparing them is fair. This is Penumbra in name, but the results are different. When I first pulled them out of the slip-case I thought it looked great. Then later this afternoon I had the chance to pull them out completely and found myself a little underwhelmed. The modifiers were not as blue as I had hoped, and they appeared more black. But I wound up placing them on my keyboard (titanium gray Jane) anyway, and now I really like the set again. I have them paired with Hydro novelties, so I think this will look really good with Solarized ones and now I'm on board for the add-ons.
Unfortunately, I still think the blue is darker than I was hoping for, but it's still pretty good. At some angles you can see the blue more, and the electric legends make them pop. Yes, I still have qualms with the capitalized bottom row, but that's what this IC is for.

Rather than comparing this blue to the SA version, I realize this is more of an inky dark blue than the sun-dyed blue of the SA iteration. But as moistgunando astutely discerned, the name "Penumbra" couldn't be more fitting here, then--"pen"+"umbra" (i.e., dark ink).
Interestingly, I turned over some of the modifier caps and could see some bleed of a lighter teal. I wonder if the color just got a bit darker the more saturated it became as it filled the keycap molds.

Definitely pleased with the set, and eager to get this IC turned into a GB!
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 March 2017, 23:27:21 by romevi »

Offline eldonw

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 23:48:55 »
Okay, so final thoughts on this set. Keep in mind I've never owned SA Penumbra and have never seen it in real life.

The main reason I fell in love with SA Penumbra years ago was the navy blue modifiers mixed with the colored legends. The warm colors of everything--from the Solarized alphas to the yellowed ones--screamed mock-vintage, and I was willing to forego the fact that it was SA. But SA profile also lent to its invitation with the large caps and exaggeratedly sized legends.

So with GMK, I don't think comparing them is fair. This is Penumbra in name, but the results are different. When I first pulled them out of the slip-case I thought it looked great. Then later this afternoon I had the chance to pull them out completely and found myself a little underwhelmed. The modifiers were not as blue as I had hoped, and they appeared more black. But I wound up placing them on my keyboard (titanium gray Jane) anyway, and now I really like the set again. I have them paired with Hydro novelties, so I think this will look really good with Solarized ones and now I'm on board for the add-ons.
Unfortunately, I still think the blue is darker than I was hoping for, but it's still pretty good. At some angles you can see the blue more, and the electric legends make them pop. Yes, I still have qualms with the capitalized bottom row, but that's what this IC is for.

Rather than comparing this blue to the SA version, I realize this is more of an inky dark blue than the sun-dyed blue of the SA iteration. But as moistgunando astutely discerned, the name "Penumbra" couldn't be more fitting here, then--"pen"+"umbra" (i.e., dark ink).
Interestingly, I turned over some of the modifier caps and could see some bleed of a lighter teal. I wonder if the color just got a bit darker the more saturated it became as it filled the keycap molds.

Any pictures?!

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 01:09:19 »
I'm interested to see what happens here, but it feels a little bit like the plan is, "just to redo nearly the entire set", alphas and all.

Can someone confirm what keys will be included please? If the set is refine then I am interested.

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 03:33:41 »
Penumbra hasn't shipped yet, but we're already working on an accent kit.

The goal is to bring 1800, 75%, an extra 2.25u shift, and some other keys.

R1: Delete, End, Pg Dn
R2: Pg Up
R3: Pg Dn, Barred F&J
R4: End, 2.25u Shift, 6u Spacebar, 6.25u Blue Spacebar, 7u Blue Spacebar, Blank 2.25u and 2.75u Shift

There are 2 options for Modifiers:

1. Lowercase Ctrl & Alt and Icons for Windows & Menu
2. Capitalized Esc, Backspace, Caps Lock, 1.75u Control, and Shifts

There's also the possible option of... 'Why not both?'

We are aiming this pack anywhere from ~$25-30 right now.

The goal is to minimize the costs and provide a universal kit to accommodate for a layout everyone is most comfortable with!

Share your concerns!

Should you go the route of "1. Lowercase Ctrl & Alt and Icons for Windows & Menu"

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, do Control, not Ctrl. Ctrl is a nice and quick way to ruin a perfectly good set.

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #85 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 12:22:21 »
so down
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 14:32:17 »
Well got my misdelivered package.  Usps pulled up GPS where the package was scanned when dropped off and sure enough it was there.  If anyone has a package misdelivered be aware they can do this even though they don't want to.  Bring on the add on kit!

Offline sethbc

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 14:49:50 »
in

Offline yonghf

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 21:02:05 »
I'm in.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 21:38:50 »

Any pictures?!

Sweet potato.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 21:45:26 »

Any pictures?!

Sweet potato.

Show Image

Hell yea man I think it looks great.  I'm very pleased with my set after spending 2 days tracking it down. 

Offline jjnist

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 01:43:43 »
This is Penumbra in name, but the results are different. When I first pulled them out of the slip-case I thought it looked great. Then later this afternoon I had the chance to pull them out completely and found myself a little underwhelmed. The modifiers were not as blue as I had hoped, and they appeared more black. But I wound up placing them on my keyboard (titanium gray Jane) anyway, and now I really like the set again.

Definitely agree. Honestly I thought I would have a problem with the cream alphas (because I love the whites) but that ended up not being an issue. My biggest pet-peeve with the set is the mixed cap/lowercase font, symbols on Tab, caps lock, shift, enter and backspace and the spacing of lettering on modifiers. Even though the colors are a bit more vibrant than I expected, I'm ok with them.

If I were to change the set, I would center the words on modifiers (I don't like how Alt Super and Menu are left aligned) though I realize that Control is probably left aligned as well, it just happen to fill the whole keyspace. I would also get rid of all symbols on modifiers, the caps lock symbol kills me a bit. I would also center/capitalize all modifier keys.

I'm glad to see oco is running a group buy for new modifiers but that only makes this set more expensive:(. Oh well, guess I kind of have to get those now:)

Offline Tally810

« Reply #92 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 15:30:33 »
https://imgur.com/a/8yWDH Potato pics from my phone that won't get the color right.  I think the set looks pretty ****ing sharp on the tx-75.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 16:07:49 »
https://imgur.com/a/8yWDH Potato pics from my phone that won't get the color right.  I think the set looks pretty ****ing sharp on the tx-75.

That first pic is pretty bomb!  That reflected light just makes it pop more to me.  Thanks for the pics!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 19:01:56 »
Please do lower case bottom row mods!

Offline Tally810

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 19:20:50 »

That first pic is pretty bomb!  That reflected light just makes it pop more to me.  Thanks for the pics!
Thanks man yea I think it looks pretty nice

Offline majordookie

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 21:54:47 »
Definitely interested, seeing as Penumbra accents many other keysets very well.

Offline Jumie

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 03:35:41 »
When can we see the mockup render?

Offline merintil

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 08:37:42 »
I just bought my own set of GMK Penumbra, and to add my two cents to the accent kit, I would highly prefer some sort of uniformity in capitalized letters or uncapitalized letters in the accent kit.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:52:15 »
Here's a mock up by Zambumon, http://imgur.com/SKtLbF6

I'll have to fix the F & J as well.

The alphas will have a darker grey similar to the one on Penumbra right now. This highly resembles the Honeywell. Numberpad alpha will also be included.

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 13:59:57 by sherryton »