Author Topic: Issues with a model F  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Cday7173

Issues with a model F
« on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 13:15:36 »
Hello everyone, I've been a huge fan of everything buckling spring for a long time, but I recently decided to branch out from my usual model M's and try out an F. I bought one and a soarer's converter and plugged it in - instant success, plug and play and it worked fine...for 10 minutes. I left the room and by the time I got back, it stopped registering any keys. The converter is still being recognized and I tried HID listen, but I don't think it recognizes that anything is attached, this is what it gives me:

wEE

remaining: FFFC

Keyboard ID: 0000
Code Set: 1
Mode: PC/XT

R05

Any help would be appreciated, I would love to get this one up and running as I find that I prefer the feeling of the switches over my model m! The only thing I can think of is maybe the cable has some damage, I did adjust it a small bit right when it was last working.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Issues with a model F
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 13:53:43 »
There is the standard advice to start over. Unplug and re-seat all the cables and connections. Possibly open the case and make certain the the interior connection is secure.

Are you using one of Orihalcon's converter cables on an F XT? He is a member here and might have a suggestion.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Cday7173

Re: Issues with a model F
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 14:06:33 »
I was a bit light on the details for what I've tried so far in the initial post, but I've done most of the common troubleshooting stuff (checking connections, reseating the cable, reseating the ground, etc) to no avail. And yes, I did buy the converter from Orihalcon, hopefully he can give me a bit of help!