Author Topic: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit Round 2 (Shipping Now)  (Read 265246 times)

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit Round 2
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 11:30:01 »
Most cases are done in the anodizing place. Now moves them back to the factory to install helicoil inserts.

Why are helicoil inserts being installed? are the threads not being cut into the aluminum?

Offline Oatburner

« Reply #401 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 11:32:02 »
Most cases are done in the anodizing place. Now moves them back to the factory to install helicoil inserts.

Why are helicoil inserts being installed? are the threads not being cut into the aluminum?

Nope. It was like that for the first round, too. I imagine they're a lot more robust than just threading into the case.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #402 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 13:40:42 »

Nope. It was like that for the first round, too. I imagine they're a lot more robust than just threading into the case.

Makes sense. I just took my R1 board apart, and yeah, I guess I didn't realize they used them in R1. TIL

Offline warmaster

« Reply #403 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 06:18:37 »
Have other life stuff coming up that requires $$$ so looking to sell my GB spot if anyone's interested.

Dark Grey HHKB with aluminium default PCB, just message me if interested.

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #404 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 07:48:07 »
PM

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #405 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 07:55:56 »
Looks nice.

Offline liv05

« Reply #406 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 02:41:24 »
Looking to sell my gb spot, dark red hhkb / bluetooth / gold alu & brass plate :)

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #407 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 02:51:04 »
Looking to sell my gb spot, dark red hhkb / bluetooth / gold alu & brass plate :)
PM

Offline omgkittiesyay

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 20:08:03 »
Ordered an extra standard pcb and wondering if anyone would be interested in trading it for their bt pcb? (will cover the difference obviously)

Offline Jonathan0903

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 16:29:19 »
Haven't heard any updates about the BT PCB, and was wondering if all orders would ship out at the same time, or will orders with a bluetooth pcb be delayed? Keep up the good work!

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 16:40:36 »
Haven't heard any updates about the BT PCB, and was wondering if all orders would ship out at the same time, or will orders with a bluetooth pcb be delayed? Keep up the good work!
Surely they will ship at the same time hopefully @PlayKeyboardTW can confirm

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Jonathan0903

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 17:15:49 »
Surely they will ship at the same time hopefully @PlayKeyboardTW can confirm

Nevermind, apparently I'm blind. Update from him showed them complete on page 8 of this thread. Yay!

Offline Sythe

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 20:07:57 »
So how long are these steps going to take?

When are the  photos of the units without the newspaper coming?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 20:17:45 »
So how long are these steps going to take?

When are the  photos of the units without the newspaper coming?
They said they are aiming to ship out by the end of the month. So more pics should come before then.

Offline DoCallMeKing

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 07:02:04 »
I’m still hoping to find a WKL one from someone if they are interested in selling their spot. Thanks a lot!

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #415 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 07:09:24 »
I’m still hoping to find a WKL one from someone if they are interested in selling their spot. Thanks a lot!
Did you pm playkeyboardtw?

Offline DoCallMeKing

« Reply #416 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 12:44:18 »

I spoke to him by email but there aren’t any extras available at this time.
There might be some after all GB purchasers receive theirs but I’d rather purchase a spot from someone who already has a guaranteed spot than hope to get lucky afterwards :)

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #417 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 14:46:25 »

I spoke to him by email but there aren’t any extras available at this time.
There might be some after all GB purchasers receive theirs but I’d rather purchase a spot from someone who already has a guaranteed spot than hope to get lucky afterwards :)
Gotcha. Good luck mate!

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #418 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 08:04:55 »
If anyone is willing to part with their BT pcb + alps plate, please PM me (I was told that there were no more BT pcb's).

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #419 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 08:11:52 »
any advice on battery for pcb bt?

KMK Labs.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #420 on: Sun, 24 March 2019, 10:12:58 »
any advice on battery for pcb bt?

KMK Labs.

As long as it fits in the space inside the case, any single cell lipo with a 1.25mm 2 pin jst connector should work.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=97035.msg2655283#msg2655283

Offline Sythe

« Reply #421 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 18:07:31 »
Still no photos or anything?

I was hoping we would be getting them shipped out this week or next...

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #422 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 18:18:48 »
Still no photos or anything?

I was hoping we would be getting them shipped out this week or next...
Same here. Hopefully we will see an update this weekend

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #423 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 19:31:10 »
It'll need to be this weekend, if it's to count as being done this month.... ;)

Offline iEatPuppers

« Reply #424 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 20:47:32 »
Apparently they just got the PCB's.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #425 on: Tue, 26 March 2019, 21:12:33 »
Hoping the new pcbs don't have the round1 issues

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #426 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 06:39:29 »
Hoping the new pcbs don't have the round1 issues

They’ve stated that the issues have been found/figured out and fixed for R2. What the issue(s) were has not been said unfortunately.

Offline DoCallMeKing

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 09:21:35 »
I wish someone would inform us of what the issue was so that way people with r1 pcb's might be able to stop the bricking before it occurs.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 15:05:04 »
I wish someone would inform us of what the issue was so that way people with r1 pcb's might be able to stop the bricking before it occurs.
I'm pretty sure someone discovered the issue. Have a look at the end of the R1 GB thread

Offline waxpoetik

« Reply #429 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 22:57:40 »
Not holding my breath for the March 30th deadline, seeing as it's noon on a Friday in Taiwan. Let's hope for 2019!

Offline EvilemX8

« Reply #430 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 01:25:26 »
Don't be so cynical. I messaged them on Facebook and they responded quick, they are still aiming for end of March / early April they said. They have much of it done it looks like. We'll get it pretty soon I think.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #431 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 01:50:43 »
Don't be so cynical. I messaged them on Facebook and they responded quick, they are still aiming for end of March / early April they said. They have much of it done it looks like. We'll get it pretty soon I think.
I would have to agree. I'm pretty sure they just need to fit the screw threads into the cases, do a QC, then pack and send out

Offline waxpoetik

« Reply #432 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 12:19:06 »
Mostly just being tongue-in-cheek, although I do wish they would make more updates here rather than hearsay from Facebook messages. Still very much looking forward to it!

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #433 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 15:33:03 »
Really hoping for a round 3  :p

Offline dr_unconscionable

• [sqeleton]
« Reply #434 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 16:04:48 »

I think playkeyboardtw have said a few times in this thread that there will be no R3 :/

It's possible there might be a tiny bit of extra stock once this round gets shipped, but I wouldn't hold my breath -- probably your best bet is to keep an eye on mechmarket or this thread to see if anyone wants to sell their R2 spot.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #435 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 19:42:20 »

I think playkeyboardtw have said a few times in this thread that there will be no R3 :/

It's possible there might be a tiny bit of extra stock once this round gets shipped, but I wouldn't hold my breath -- probably your best bet is to keep an eye on mechmarket or this thread to see if anyone wants to sell their R2 spot.

They also said there wouldn’t be a round 2 after round 1 was over...

Offline arrowM

« Reply #436 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 20:13:14 »
Really sad I missed out on this; I sure hope they change their mind about not doing a round 3! Either that or if somebody wanted to sell me their spot in this round...

Offline Sythe

« Reply #437 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 18:12:14 »
Mostly just being tongue-in-cheek, although I do wish they would make more updates here rather than hearsay from Facebook messages. Still very much looking forward to it!

Exactly, I just want at least some information about what is going on.
This is getting close to 4 months later then their initial timeline and their communication has become worse the longer this group buy has gone...
I just want to have a reasonable expectation of when I'll receive my new keyboard, but as it is right now, I'm completely in the dark about when we should expect them to be shipped and I don't think random Facebook replies are enough information right now.

Offline EvilemX8

« Reply #438 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 03:50:41 »
I just decided to take initiative and tried to find information as best as I could. At the end of the day, I spoke directly with PlayKeyboards the other day, and also spoke with them today, but there's really no point in mentioning what was said because it would be called hearsay and random. There is proof of life that in fact stuff is being made to get this product out. Further, this is a group buy, and this is what you signed up for - there are disclaimers everywhere about the nature of these things. If you can't wait for it, there are many people who would love to pickup a spot in this.

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #439 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 04:21:41 »
None of that means the updates or lack of it should not be shared to the community.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 00:03:12 »
I am typing on a CA66 from the last GB so I am okay with the wait, but if I didn't already have one then I would be pretty upset by the total lack of communication going on in this GB. I have no doubt that PlayKeyboards will deliver the product, but holy cow I can't imagine running a GB and just ignoring everyone in the MAIN area where updates are supposed to go. A simple update stating that "there is not much to report and we are still waiting on the anodizing and will update again in 1 week" would go A LONG WAY.

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
Re: [GB] CA66 Custom Keyboard Kit Round 2 (Ready to ship in these days)
« Reply #441 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 05:45:44 »
Hi guys, finally can get back to here to announce that we are ready to pack things up then shipping your CA66s out. ;)

Sorry there's lack of update this time. We hope we can talk everything to all of you, but it will be just unprofessional to let all of you know the inside situation.
And we promise that we will definitely change an anodizing factory for our future products. This one really pissed us off this time (not about the quality, but the attitude).
But we hope all of you to know that we just want to perfect everything that we are gonna send to your hands. ;)

Here are cases. We hope there will be time for us to take a quick photo for showing.
216511-0

And PCBs, accessories and boxes as well.
216513-1

As a reminder, please PM us asap through GH PM, Facebook message or emails if you want to change the shipping address. :thumb:
Thanks!
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 April 2019, 06:44:39 by PlayKeyboardTW »

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #442 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 05:50:18 »
Hi guys, finally can get back to here to announce that we are ready to pack things up then shipping your CA66s out. ;)

Sorry there's lack of update this time. We hope we can talk everything to all of you, but it will be just unprofessional to let all of you know the inside situation.
And we promise that we will definitely change an anodizing factory for out future products. This one really pissed us off this time.
But we hope all of you to know that we just want to perfect everything that we are gonna send to your hands. ;)

Here are cases. We hope there will be time for us to take a quick photo for showing.
(Attachment Link)

And PCBs, accessories and boxes as well.
(Attachment Link)

As a reminder, please PM us asap through GH PM, Facebook message or emails if you want to change the shipping address. :thumb:
Thanks!
Yaaayyy!

Offline PlayKeyboardTW

• Shop
« Reply #443 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 05:51:54 »

Exactly, I just want at least some information about what is going on.
This is getting close to 4 months later then their initial timeline and their communication has become worse the longer this group buy has gone...
I just want to have a reasonable expectation of when I'll receive my new keyboard, but as it is right now, I'm completely in the dark about when we should expect them to be shipped and I don't think random Facebook replies are enough information right now.

None of that means the updates or lack of it should not be shared to the community.

Sorry for letting you guys feeling this way. Please believe us that we really want to come up with some updates to the community.

I just decided to take initiative and tried to find information as best as I could. At the end of the day, I spoke directly with PlayKeyboards the other day, and also spoke with them today, but there's really no point in mentioning what was said because it would be called hearsay and random. There is proof of life that in fact stuff is being made to get this product out. Further, this is a group buy, and this is what you signed up for - there are disclaimers everywhere about the nature of these things. If you can't wait for it, there are many people who would love to pickup a spot in this.

We are really thankful for your words and all the support. :)

Offline lirtle

« Reply #444 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 16:33:56 »
Can you give us any outlook on when extras will be available? I really need a PCB for my round 1 CA66.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #445 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 16:54:26 »
Can you give us any outlook on when extras will be available? I really need a PCB for my round 1 CA66.
Have you looked at the possible fix that was posted in the R1 GB thread? It requires a small amount of rewiring and re-programming, but I think that someone actually found the issue and there is a fix for it.

Offline lirtle

« Reply #446 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 17:24:36 »
Have you looked at the possible fix that was posted in the R1 GB thread? It requires a small amount of rewiring and re-programming, but I think that someone actually found the issue and there is a fix for it.

Yeah, I've looked through the thread but I'd much rather just pay for a replacement than muck about with re-wiring. I just checked my messages with Play and they told me extras will be available once orders from this GB ship out. So I guess there's the answer.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #447 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:07:57 »
I'd also like to know when I can order a replacement PCB for my CA66 from the last round.

Yes, I've read the other thread.  There have been multiple posts about what might be wrong and about ways one might be able to get it to work.  Reflow some solder joints on the diodes, reflow solder joints on the controller, flash it with qmk, rewire bad columns to different pins on the controller -- I haven't seen anything in there to convince me that the issue is well understood and fixable by end users.  The fixes people have described sound like they're to correct different problems from pcb to pcb.  An explanation from the seller about what was wrong (and it sounds like there may have been multiple issues), what has been changed, and a corrected PCB is what I'm looking for, not a neverending repair project.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #448 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:15:06 »
I'd also like to know when I can order a replacement PCB for my CA66 from the last round.

Yes, I've read the other thread.  There have been multiple posts about what might be wrong and about ways one might be able to get it to work.  Reflow some solder joints on the diodes, reflow solder joints on the controller, flash it with qmk, rewire bad columns to different pins on the controller -- I haven't seen anything in there to convince me that the issue is well understood and fixable by end users.  The fixes people have described sound like they're to correct different problems from pcb to pcb.  An explanation from the seller about what was wrong (and it sounds like there may have been multiple issues), what has been changed, and a corrected PCB is what I'm looking for, not a neverending repair project.
Fair call. Fingers crossed these get shipped out soon so you can get hold of a V2 pcb

Offline Sythe

« Reply #449 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:41:12 »
Glad to finally get the update. Thanks.

Looking forward to getting my new board!