Author Topic: Anyone playing Terraria?  (Read 1938 times)

Offline ironman31

Anyone playing Terraria?
« on: Sun, 17 July 2011, 21:55:11 »
I'm liking it a lot more than Minecraft. Seems like it's for the much less creative person
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline Exoverture

Anyone playing Terraria?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 02:58:21 »
I just picked this up a week or two ago. I can't get off of it. It's so fun.

I agree with the Minecraft comparison. Minecraft was fun, but mundane at times - and the 'adventure' part wasn't nearly as fleshed out as it is in Terraria. It's a lot of fun. I like that Terraria is a great building game but at the same time offers a lot for adventure, pretty amazing playing with friends.

Offline xmrxkrazy

Anyone playing Terraria?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 03:07:47 »
Terraria was really fun with friends. Had a house with rooms where NPC's stayed, a mushroom farm, underground mushroom farm, storage area, a 1 way elevator to hell (which way do you think it goes?), and a boss killing platform. Set up a dedicated server on my computer where me and 3 friends played every night. Good times only lasted 2 weeks, as we were able to get most of the stuff in the game. Then it just got boring. What was a fun, creative, yet had some elements of RPG (items and grinding), turned into a farmville type game. After a certain level, all you do is dig for crap.

Offline ironman31

Anyone playing Terraria?
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 21:12:55 »
Quote from: xmrxkrazy;382457
Terraria was really fun with friends. Had a house with rooms where NPC's stayed, a mushroom farm, underground mushroom farm, storage area, a 1 way elevator to hell (which way do you think it goes?), and a boss killing platform. Set up a dedicated server on my computer where me and 3 friends played every night. Good times only lasted 2 weeks, as we were able to get most of the stuff in the game. Then it just got boring. What was a fun, creative, yet had some elements of RPG (items and grinding), turned into a farmville type game. After a certain level, all you do is dig for crap.

That sounds about how it's going for my friends and I. But definitely worth the 5 dollars I spent on it.
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline hella

Anyone playing Terraria?
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 21:34:27 »
Terraria is awesome when you're with friends.  It's more of a hangout than anything!

Lol, but valve has to sort something out with their recommendation system on steam.  I saw this before I bought the game:

Edit: This image uploading system is pretty crazy.  How the hell do you delete old pics?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 July 2011, 21:41:15 by hella »

Offline Alex

Anyone playing Terraria?
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 22:17:21 »
I played it heavily for a week when it was released, but it somehow lost its magic with time. I'm planning to try it again in a year.

Offline xmrxkrazy

Anyone playing Terraria?
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 July 2011, 22:39:32 »
Quote from: Alex;383071
I played it heavily for a week when it was released, but it somehow lost its magic with time. I'm planning to try it again in a year.
Same here. The first day I bought it I pulled an all-nighter. Now, I don't bother spending a minute on it.

Offline Tastybyte

Anyone playing Terraria?
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 31 July 2011, 01:35:41 »
I played it for a good week (long sessions) after the steam sale. I am pretty much done, barring any future content patches. It was fun, but there are no substantial goals left. A summation of my Terraria playtime: build a shelter with furnishings -> Mine for progressively better ore to make better equipment -> Fight first boss -> Farm Shadow Orbs for meteor equipment --> Fight next boss --> Farm underground jungle for better equipment --> Go to underworld, die alot, get better equipment -> Fight final boss and loot the dungeon he guards. I am now equipped with the best spellcasting gear in the game (my preferred play style). I have a crap ton of stuff and now all real goals have been completed. The core mechanic doesn't draw me in for repeated playthroughs.

I must say, it was damn worth the 2.50 USD I paid for it!
Keyboards -
Model M (silver logo)
Rosewill RK-9000RE
Apple Aluminium Fullsize keyboard
Logitech G15 v2 <- Selling this off.