Author Topic: Anyone play the Atari/Comodore 64 MULE game  (Read 1615 times)

Offline Crake

Anyone play the Atari/Comodore 64 MULE game
« on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 20:51:56 »
If so, there is a free online, modern version at http://www.planetmule.com/

Note, some of the players appear rude to new players (no rank) because so many new players quit during a game, so they ask you all kinds of questions before agreeing to continue the game at first. So, just do not take it personal if they seem like they are giving you hard time when you join games with some of them - just a handful are like that though.

Offline Daniel Beaver

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 21:49:02 »
Cool. I've always heard good things about this game, but unfortunately it was released when I was -4 years old.

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline Crake

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 22:42:18 »
Quote from: dante;578497
Don't forget the NES and Atari 5200 versions (the latter being a homebrew single 64k cartridge)

There are plug-in's etc that let you play the original games via emulators across the Internet with other players.

Yeah but I think you have to arrange those games, or no?  With Planet Mule's game (and its free) you can usually find a game during evenings and not too long of wait (maybe 10 minutes) during day.

Try it, I want the gamer base to grow so more people to play.  The server usually has 2 server hosted games and anyone can host a game on his PC and the opening for that game is then shown on the server's lobby for others to see it so if the two server hosted games are full and enough people in lobby you can host a game and get one going quick.

Offline Crake

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 22:46:17 »
Quote from: Daniel Beaver;578495
Cool. I've always heard good things about this game, but unfortunately it was released when I was -4 years old.

It is fairly simple but it has surprises/random events and strategy and arcade feel to auctions and competitions per turn. It is great fun.  Try it.