Author Topic: [GB] JTK Purple on White (Arrived to zF, Shipping these days)  (Read 9064 times)

Offline KaosJ

Hello GH,   

As you might know, a GB for the JTK PoW started and it will be handled by the known zFrontier. The PoW was runned already in the past with the JTK debut and due the high request and the succesful IC, zF decided to bring it back!

To join the GB:  

Price: $63

Extras: 2 JTK polycarbonate trays + JTK costar inserts

Group buy end: September 1, 2017

Estimated ship date: October 2017 

Other: Free shipping worldwide on orders over $100 (you can mix GBs with non-GBs products) 

Base set: (141 keycaps, Cherry profile 1.5mm ABS doubleshot) 

Also polycarbonate trays (x2) 

... and JTK costar inserts   

Notes: 
Some of you might know this, initially we wanted to add extra-modifiers to the GB, aka PoW modifiers to also make the whole set White with Purple legends. 
However for now this is not going to happen, at least with this GB because zF is concerned that the MOQ will not be hitted for that kit. 
However if there is enough interest and if this GB will be successful, we might consider to run a GB later for only extra-modifiers for this set (nothing planned yet)

More pics and renders:

Here are the IC forms:

Reddit IC: https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/6qy4n9/ic_jtk_purple_on_white_the_return/
GH IC: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90843.0

Note: I did the IC on reddit while lucidreams did the IC here on geekhack, we are doing this togheter.

If you have any question, please ask below, me and lucidreams will try our best to answer everyone. 
Thanks!       ;D

UPDATE 11/08 We are currently sitting at 75 purchases, so we are more or less around 1/2 of the MOQ
UPDATE 16/08 We are at 78 units still :(     
UPDATE 24/08 8 days left. We are at 80-81 orders, stuck for a while now, We needed at least 130-140 orders initially but at this point i don't think we can hit 130+ orders. However zf wanted to cover the remaining part to hit the moq to not let this GB fail but it could be good if we could reach at least 100 orders. 

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 November 2017, 11:27:30 by KaosJ »

Offline lucidreams

Re: [GB] JTK Purple on White
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 22:43:08 »
Thanks KaosJ! :D :D :D

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 03:42:43 »
Why does it say it supports HHKB style boards when it doesn't according to this picture:

Maybe the mockup is just incomplete but it's clearly missing the pipe key for the numrow.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 August 2017, 03:44:57 by kawasaki161 »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 08:10:39 »
Why does it say it supports HHKB style boards when it doesn't according to this picture:
Show Image

Maybe the mockup is just incomplete but it's clearly missing the pipe key for the numrow.

zF just sticked with the same keycaps of the older set (WoB) to reduce waiting time and price. 
Yes i agree with you, to fully support the HHKB layout the R1 \| is missing, probably he wanted to support the HHKB layout with the R1 2u, not the 1u x2 

I will try to ask him again for a last time, but to be honest with you, I highly doubt they are going to add it.   
The only think i can say for now is that if you like the set you might use one of these R1 novelties, for example these Cherry novelties comes in both white and purple.  Not a real solution, i know, but for now it is the only way to fully cover the HHKB layout (and still be a nice looking set)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 05:54:08 »
missing the pipe key for the numrow.

In the meantime, as i promised you in my last comment, I tried to ask again for that key and i got the answer, sadly their answer is the same and final, they will not add that key and the set is finalized so nothing else will change.   

You can still cover all the HHKB layouts that have the R1 2u backspace instead of 2x1u keys, or just put one of the R1 novelties instead of the R1 \|     
Can't help on this,  Sorry  :( 
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 August 2017, 05:58:50 by KaosJ »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 06:01:45 »
missing the pipe key for the numrow.

In the meantime, as i promised you in my last comment, I tried to ask again for that key and i got the answer, sadly their answer is the same and final, they will not add that key and the set is finalized so nothing else will change.   

You can still cover all the HHKB layouts that have the R1 2u backspace instead of 2x1u keys, or just put one of the R1 novelties instead of the R1 \|     
Can't help on this,  Sorry  :(

Thanks a lot for trying.

Do you, by any chance, know if they even have the mold for that key?

Offline lucidreams

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 06:35:09 »
sadly, i dont believe they do

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 09:53:30 »

Thanks a lot for trying.

Do you, by any chance, know if they even have the mold for that key?

I just checked all the previous JTK sets, yeah most likely they don't have it since none of the previous sets had that key. 
Maybe in the future GBs they will have but honestly i don't know when or if this will even happen (imho a ISO support for ISO-folks has the priority). 
What can i say is that the PoW probably will NOT happen for a third time so even in the future, most likely there will not be that key for the PoW
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 August 2017, 09:55:44 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:31:41 »
Little update, we are now at 78 units purchased, we should at least reach 130 to make this happen

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:32:07 »
Little update, we are now at 78 units purchased, stuck here, we should at least reach 130 to be sure that this will happen 
(sorry double-submitted the same sentence) 
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 August 2017, 16:34:38 by KaosJ »

Offline jjanssen1

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 18:07:50 »
EDIT: Please ignore, did not read description
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 August 2017, 18:09:43 by jjanssen1 »
IBM Model M 1386303

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 04:17:16 »
EDIT: Please ignore, did not read description

What was that? :D

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] JTK Purple on White (closes in 8 days)
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 06:39:12 »
Update: 8 days left. We are at 80-81 orders, stuck for a while now, we needed at least 130-140 orders initially but at this point i don't think we can hit 130+ orders. 
However zf wanted to cover the remaining part to hit the moq to not let this GB fail but it could be good if we could reach at least 100 orders. 

So he will have the set in stock later in the future but it will be surely at higher price.   
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 August 2017, 06:41:11 by KaosJ »

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 01:22:40 »
Ordered. I mean, this is less expensive than most artisans at retail. Hope the white is nice and bright, and the purple is deep and dark! =)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 03:29:20 »
Ordered. I mean, this is less expensive than most artisans at retail. Hope the white is nice and bright, and the purple is deep and dark! =)

I like how you started to compare prices with artisans, like if it is a new currency ahahahah 

Thanks for joining!   :D

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] JTK Purple on White (closes in 3 days)
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 10:38:54 »
Less than 3 days before the GB ends (1 September, china time) 

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] JTK Purple on White ( LAST DAY )
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 18:28:43 »
Last day to join folks! 

GB will close September 1  (China Time), aka 1 day to join from now.     :D

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 08 October 2017, 17:32:45 »
Any updates :D?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 13:52:31 »

I thought I had answered you long ago, but i didn't sorry :/ 

3 weeks ago or more it started the sorting process (that afaik is slow with JTK), 2 weeks ago was still in sorting 
Don't know the current status but i just asked so i might have an answer soon (maybe tomorrow). 
Also, there is the zFrontier Vendor section now, where i saw they are updating the Photostudio/WoB/PoW status.   

Cheers
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 November 2017, 13:54:41 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 08:46:04 »

Alright got an answer, PoW arrived at zF and started to ship to Chinese users, so in the next few days will ship to International users. 

Offline KaosJ

Re: [GB] JTK Purple on White (Arrived to zF, Shipping these days)
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 11:50:12 »
Here are some pics posted by zF   ;D
https://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/3106

Offline Bizpit

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 08:13:26 »
Any news on whether the purple on white mods will be running?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 06:11:08 »
Any news on whether the purple on white mods will be running?

The initial plan was to run it alongside the PoW gb if enough people were interested.  However this wasn't the case so i don't really think enough would be interested at this point. I mean, i don't think it would reach the MOQ