Author Topic: Barack Obama Wins The Nobel Peace Prize  (Read 13214 times)

Offline wellington1869

Barack Obama Wins The Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 16:49:05 »
Quote from: SCTony;124792
When you watch the twin towers fall, do you not see controlled demolitions at work? I do and I am firmly convinced of that. I have looked into it a good bit and the evidence, as well as my own observations, convince me. I'm just a laid-back guy from South Carolina- I'm not running around trying to overthrow the government nor am I involved in any kooky clans/cults/militias. That's just the way I see things.

In that case, if you're not personally invested in the outcome, and are doing this from a disinterested 'rational' perspective, I'm sure you also looked into, sought out, and gave equal creedence to, the arguments from professionals who explained why the falling towers could look like a controlled demolition because the burning fuel reached temperatures high enough to melt the steel infrastructure which buckled and collapsed much like the way controlled demolitions do?

Nah, I'm sure you've looked into all that. With every bit as much excitement as you've looked into the controlled-demolition-conspiracy theory.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2009, 16:51:39 by wellington1869 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 16:55:55 »
Quote from: SCTony;124792
When you watch the twin towers fall, do you not see controlled demolitions at work?

Yes. Controlled demolitions by Al-Qaeda terrorists.

EDIT> Wow. I recalled how the trusses were blamed for weaknesses in the structure, and did a search for "don't trust the truss" (an old fire fighter's warning.)
I found this.
You have to check out the picture of the floor structure. How could they NOT collapse the way they did?
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:09:45 by Rajagra »

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 16:59:53 »
Quote from: ripster;124795
You must think Unicomp is going to ship a Model M Mini style Tenkeyless  soon.

As a matter of fact, I firmly belive that to be true.

I just find it hard to get excited about a Model M mini made by Unicomp.

A real whack job would believe that a new keyboard with the the HHKB footprint, using Model F technology (buckling springs over capacitive contacts) will be made in the USA,  someday in the future.  :)
Emperor of the IBM 84-key AT Model F Darkside

Offline msiegel

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:03:09 »
Quote from: maxlugar;124799
A real whack job would believe that a new keyboard with the the HHKB footprint, using Model F technology (buckling springs over capacitive contacts) will be made in the USA,  someday in the future.  :)

wait... are you talking about me? :'(

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline FourOhFour

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:04:05 »
Quote from: maxlugar;124799
As a matter of fact, I firmly belive that to be true.

I just find it hard to get excited about a Model M mini made by Unicomp.

If you are gonna go crazy, go crazy:

Logitech will make a G19 with buckling springs.

...and manage not to screw it up.

Offline SCTony

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:07:54 »
Have you listened to the testimony of William Rodriguez, the janitor with the master-key who rescued many people from the North Tower? He reports explosions in the basement before the first plane hit...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20eg2_william-rodriguez-un-heros-du-11-se_news
IBM PC-AT Model F ;  Model M-
    1391401 Aug 89, 92G7453 Nov 95, 42H1292 Jul 97
Compaq KB-9963 (rubber dome);
Cherry MX-SPOS:typing:

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:10:31 »
Quote from: SCTony;124802
Have you listened to the testimony of William Rodriguez, the janitor with the master-key who rescued many people from the North Tower? He reports explosions in the basement before the first plane hit...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20eg2_william-rodriguez-un-heros-du-11-se_news

clearly those explosions in the basement caused the four planes to become hijacked.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:11:57 »
Quote from: FourOhFour;124801

Logitech will make a G19 with buckling springs.

hallelujah, I believe!

and manage not to screw it up.

...but thats going too far!

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:13:14 »
Quote from: msiegel;124800

msiegel, if you can just get the CIA involved in your keyboard project, everything will go off without a hitch ;)

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:13:44 »
Quote from: msiegel;124800

No, of course not.  I meant to say "mass produced in the USA".

I am keenly looking forward to your prototype  :)

Offline msiegel

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:20:14 »
{howard hughes voice} yes... the CIA... plus Unicomp... i'm starting to see something...

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:20:54 »
Quote from: wellington1869;124805
hallelujah, I believe!

...but thats going too far!

Yeah, that part about "not screwing it up" is pure lunacy!

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:47:40 »
Quote from: SCTony;124802

I've watched the first 10 minutes of that and all I've heard is self-promotion and clear demonstration of his bias. I'm not holding out much hope of hearing anything truly substantial in the rest of the video.

Don't want to stay off-topic so I'll leave it there.

Edit> Watched it all. Was just thinking what a grotesque example of showmanship it was, when he revealed he had worked as a magician for 30 years.
I'm afraid he gave too few "facts" and too much storytelling, it's difficult to give much weight to his claims.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2009, 18:36:46 by Rajagra »

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:48:57 »
Quote from: wellington1869;124740
For that matter, Al Gore's award -- what did environmental activism have to do with a 'peace' award?

Good question... How did he manage to get that award anyway?

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:49:48 »
Quote from: webwit;124811
Tell me more about my failures, ignorant red neck. LOL.

did you just call me an ignorant red neck?

why is it you're incapable of having a conversation without a personal attack?

attack my argument, not me.

Offline msiegel

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:52:58 »
i think he meant redhead

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:54:23 »
putting aside the sheer irony of our resident master conspiracy theorist calling anyone an 'ignorant redneck'.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:55:01 »
Quote from: ripster;124817

Anyway, you shouldn't insult Webwit for english language skills unless you can match his half a dozen (or whatever) languages.

why, do his other languages count as english?

nor was that a 'personal attack'; i was referring specifically to his inscrutable post where he said some five words about OJ and then declared that I 'failed'.  I didnt say he didnt know english - I specifically said he "failed to communicate".

Not that I could ever compete with webwit in the personal attacks department. Nor would I want to.  Its his speciality and his fame.  It also needs to end.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 October 2009, 17:57:39 by wellington1869 »

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 18:01:17 »
Quote from: webwit;124811
Tell me more about my failures, ignorant red neck. LOL.

Hey now, I am deeply offended.  How dare you call somone else a red neck when I am the admitted gun-toting right-wing dumb MF American whack job conspiracy theorist red neck (pronounced "reneck")

Wellington is a lot of things, but in America, we don't usually consider those on the left side of the spectrum red necks  ;)

Offline D-EJ915

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 18:24:54 »
sure would be interesting typing on that lego keyboard haha, it's missing some keys

sure ou be ineresing yping on ha ego keyboar haha, is missing some keys

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 18:51:32 »
Do people really care who gets Nobel Peace Prizes?

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 18:56:57 »
Quote from: o2dazone;124838
Do people really care who gets Nobel Peace Prizes?

Probably too few. They should jazz it up. Have weekly eliminations and have the gormless masses phone in at premium rates to vote people off, X Factor style. Think how much money they'd make.

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 20:41:36 »
Quote from: webwit;124829
Irrelevant. Obviously I only used this word because I noted its effect in an earlier discussion. And again it's taken personally. You guys are not paying attention, this is too easy.

webwit, my friend,  I am probably one of the few members on this side of the Atlantic who agrees with, or can at least relate to many of your posts.  I find your "Irrelevant" comment dissappointing for this reason.

Your command of the English language is probably better than most native American English speakers and the points you make in your posts are generally hard to argue against.

However, if you really believe that I am personally offended by being called a red neck (or anything else for that matter) you are mistaken.  Your categorization of me as a red neck is factual and I've never claimed to be anything more.  I was simply pointing out the fact that the term red neck is used to identify a group of us who may be deficient in many areas, but none of us red necks have ever been accused of being on the left side of the political spectrum.

I'm sure it seems trivial from your perspective.  Non-sequitur, if you don't understand something, it probably doesn't matter, right?    :)

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 21:27:14 »
Quote from: Rajagra;124839
Probably too few. They should jazz it up. Have weekly eliminations and have the gormless masses phone in at premium rates to vote people off, X Factor style. Think how much money they'd make.

lol, I can see it now,
as hosted by Regis Philbin: Who Wants to Win A Nobel Peace Prize!

or how about:  Prostesting with the Stars
or: America's Top Activist!
or: Who's Holier Than Thou?

this is a marketing bonanza they're missing out on. Just think of the merchandising! xD

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 12 October 2009, 21:32:02 »
Quote from: ripster;124853
86 postings later.
The OP
Show Image

is the OP ROFL-ing? xD

Itln doesnt get enough credit for his pot-stirring talents ;D

I wouldnt want to play against intl in a RPG. He's like one of those guys who can start a melee and slip out and wait till its done before he comes back in to pick over our carcasses for ammo and gold xD

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 13 October 2009, 07:36:33 »
Quote from: ripster;124853
86 postings later.

Peace Prize Post
Show Image

The OP
Show Image

Huh.  That guy kinda looks like me, too.  Smirk and all.  I dont wear vests, though.  Maybe I should start wearing a bulletproof one for the Great Texas Secessionary War of 2010.  Somehow, I don't think the rest of the US would fight too hard to keep us.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 13 October 2009, 07:37:30 »
Quote from: wellington1869;124861
is the OP ROFL-ing? xD

Itln doesnt get enough credit for his pot-stirring talents ;D

I wouldnt want to play against intl in a RPG. He's like one of those guys who can start a melee and slip out and wait till its done before he comes back in to pick over our carcasses for ammo and gold xD

Dually noted.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 13 October 2009, 10:32:23 »
Quote from: itlnstln;124924
Dually noted.

lol xD

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 13 October 2009, 10:36:18 »
Quote from: itlnstln;124923
Maybe I should start wearing a bulletproof one for the Great Texas Secessionary War of 2010.  Somehow, I don't think the rest of the US would fight too hard to keep us.

did you ever read whats the matter with kansas? Some of the analysis there (how poor people were successfully made to vote against their own interests) might apply to texas too. I saw the author interviewed on cspan, it sounded like a really interesting read. Basically he talks about how in the 50s a lot of these midwestern states had a populist democratic politics which appealed to the poor but at some point in the 60s it shifted to a deeply conservative and classist politics which even the poor joined in against their own interests.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 13 October 2009, 10:41:03 »
That looks like a pretty cool book.  I am going to see if there's an audio version, so I can listen at work.

I don't read, I'm post-literate.

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 13 October 2009, 10:47:31 »
Quote from: itlnstln;124979
That looks like a pretty cool book.  I am going to see if there's an audio version, so I can listen at work.

I don't read, I'm post-literate.

xD the nice thing about audio books is you can listen to them at 2x speed ;)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 13 October 2009, 11:00:53 »
You guys must think I'm a bum.

You're right.