Author Topic: [IC] GMK Ashes [2/25 Basalt Kit Added Back] (GB starts March 2nd)  (Read 130993 times)

Offline dhb82

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [Halloween Update] (GB starts Feb. 15th)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 07 December 2019, 16:59:34 »
I love this set, could we please have a Nordic/int kit 🙂

Offline Tyson

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 17:25:54 »
Just wanted to update y'all a little bit right now, I'm going crazy not being able to update this IC. lol
So right now I have been working on getting final renders, not too sure when those will be made, I'm hoping they will be done before the end of the month.
I have another thing in store for the set that I want to show off, but I'll wait till Christmas Eve to show it off ;)

I also just wanted to reconfirm that the black accent Enter and Esc will be back in base kit! I have a plan for the kits and will show them off once I get the renders back for each kit. I know there was a lot of feedback for the Black Accent going away, and I agree it definitely should stay! Thank you everyone for supporting this set!

I have noticed a few people asking about NorDe kits and while it is possible to run that kit, the past few keysets to run the kit have not had any luck having the kit hit MOQ, at this moment in time we will not be running the kit. Sorry.

Offline biothermal

• Art
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 17:40:11 »
I also just wanted to reconfirm that the black accent Enter and Esc will be back in base kit!

Neat!! +1 for as much grayscale as possible!

Offline fiduta

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [12/16 Small Update] (GB starts Feb. 15th)
« Reply #203 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 17:59:01 »
+1  :thumb:

Offline Starston3

« Reply #204 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 20:56:27 »
Would you consider adding two 1.5u Code and two 1u Alt keys to the base for tsangan compat for mac users. similar to that of GMK minimal?

232033-0

Offline Tyson

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:23:44 »
Would you consider adding two 1.5u Code and two 1u Alt keys to the base for tsangan compat for mac users. similar to that of GMK minimal?

(Attachment Link)

;) It's already added, just not on the current renders, the final renders have a few additional changes, but I wanted to make sure this one was in the base kit, I personally use code as a win key, and like using right alt as a win key on my WKL boards, so I felt like this was a no brainer idea! :)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:36:43 »

(Attachment Link)

;) It's already added, just not on the current renders, the final renders have a few additional changes, but I wanted to make sure this one was in the base kit, I personally use code as a win key, and like using right alt as a win key on my WKL boards, so I felt like this was a no brainer idea! :)

What else is added but not yet on the renders? I mean, I don't want to pest you if there's no need for it.  :thumb:

Offline Tyson

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 14:44:27 »

(Attachment Link)

What else is added but not yet on the renders? I mean, I don't want to pest you if there's no need for it.  :thumb:

There's a lot that I would like to wait to announce when I have the renders on hand to show. Starston3's question just happened to be one of the changes that I had done, so I let y'all know about it right now. I'd be more than willing to announce the changes if enough people would like to see them. I'm not too sure when I'll be getting the renders completed, I asked the artist about them 3 weeks ago and have been trying not to bug him about them.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 01:31:00 »
finally some updates! thanks for that :)
i'm okay with waiting for changes though I'm most curious with the alternative deskmat design and the pricing.
any possibility of getting either soon?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 08:52:02 »
finally some updates! thanks for that :)
i'm okay with waiting for changes though I'm most curious with the alternative deskmat design and the pricing.
any possibility of getting either soon?

Pricing can't be decided until we have final renders that way GMK can know what's going in each kit. As for the second design. I'll be making an update on that very soon RIGHT NOW ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2019, 09:06:25 by Tyson »

Offline YMwoo

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [12/19 Deskpad Update] (GB starts Feb. 15th)
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 09:27:40 »
Pricing can't be decided until we have final renders that way GMK can know what's going in each kit. As for the second design. I'll be making an update on that very soon RIGHT NOW ;)
yay, awesome! the second design is totally perfect for me.
here's hoping that the pricing will be affordable for me since this should be my perfect kit!

Offline Techichi

« Reply #211 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 18:06:15 »
What will the measurements of the desk pads be?
Will the custom cable be a separate GB? Any previews?

Can't wait for this set. It will look great on my m65-b kuro.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:05:37 »
Hey if kits are still up for adjustment, I'd love to have Ghost numpad support. Otherwise perhaps we could split numpad off from base?

Offline octix

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 20:11:56 »
Really liking the simplicity of that new deskmat design! Good luck with the GB :)

Discord: octix#0478

Offline Tyson

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 00:25:01 »

The deskpads will be standard size as the ones that Novelkeys sells on his site, as for the cables, all will be announced when the time comes. ;)

Hey if kits are still up for adjustment, I'd love to have Ghost numpad support. Otherwise perhaps we could split numpad off from base?

Kits for the most part have been finalized, small tweaks will happen once the renders come out depending on feedback from the community, numpad support is 100% staying in.

Really liking the simplicity of that new deskmat design! Good luck with the GB :)

Thanks! I'm really looking forward GMK Apollo too! I love all these grey keysets coming out!

Offline Thighs

• Thighs#0100
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 01:22:08 »
do you have an estimated price for the base kit?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 01:28:50 »
do you have an estimated price for the base kit?

Not at this moment in time, we will need the final renders to send to GMK to get pricing.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 01:58:37 »

The deskpads will be standard size as the ones that Novelkeys sells on his site, as for the cables, all will be announced when the time comes. ;)

Just wondering for the second deskmat design.
Even though I did say it's "perfect" and really loving it, I do have some ideas. Is it still open for feedback? Or is it finalized?
Don't mind either way though!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 12:08:35 »

Just wondering for the second deskmat design.
Even though I did say it's "perfect" and really loving it, I do have some ideas. Is it still open for feedback? Or is it finalized?
Don't mind either way though!

It's not fully finalized just yet, what idea did you have in mind? :)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 12:37:36 »

I'd wanted ghost numpad alphas too. The issue that i think will arise with this kit is the inclusion of what's usually a spacebar kit in there too. I love my split space keys and would have bought the theoretical spacebar kit anyways, but many wouldn't. For price comparison, the best priced alt alphas kit in my mind is GMK violet on cream (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101820.0) where the F keys and numpad were in there and it was 70$ (thanks hineybush/novelkeys!). If the current Ghost alphas kit is only 85$ i think it'll be an excellent value, but I think it may be a bit more than that already. With ghost numpad, I think you've basically guaranteed it's about the price of GMK Olivia R2 thanks to 100MOQ for an alt alphas set and 1000MOQ for Olivia.

There's no right answer to alt alpha kit design unless you know you have a monster set (at which point you should sell the inverted mod/alpha colorway as a different base set). As it stands, I think we may need to have a few alt alpha only and spacebar only people agreeing to split up kits to get MOQ, and i'd rather have it made than ask for one with numpad alphas, have it have high price, and not get it to MOQ.

Offline SighKenny

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 13:23:42 »
Is there anyway to get a notification when the GB goes live?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 14:30:40 »
Is there anyway to get a notification when the GB goes live?

I'm currently working on restructuring my own discord server to allow different roles for both my keysets and my twitch streams :) I will ping everyone that has the role for GMK Ashes when I post the next major update, along with when the Group Buy will be starting! Here's a link to the server: https://discord.gg/BfArswD
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2019, 14:37:23 by Tyson »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 14:43:12 »

I'd wanted ghost numpad alphas too. The issue that i think will arise with this kit is the inclusion of what's usually a spacebar kit in there too. I love my split space keys and would have bought the theoretical spacebar kit anyways, but many wouldn't. For price comparison, the best priced alt alphas kit in my mind is GMK violet on cream (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101820.0) where the F keys and numpad were in there and it was 70$ (thanks hineybush/novelkeys!). If the current Ghost alphas kit is only 85$ i think it'll be an excellent value, but I think it may be a bit more than that already. With ghost numpad, I think you've basically guaranteed it's about the price of GMK Olivia R2 thanks to 100MOQ for an alt alphas set and 1000MOQ for Olivia.

There's no right answer to alt alpha kit design unless you know you have a monster set (at which point you should sell the inverted mod/alpha colorway as a different base set). As it stands, I think we may need to have a few alt alpha only and spacebar only people agreeing to split up kits to get MOQ, and i'd rather have it made than ask for one with numpad alphas, have it have high price, and not get it to MOQ.

Kits have been restructured. I've been working on them with OneFiftyNine for a while now and feel comfortable with the kits that will be coming out from the final renders. Hopefully you'll like them too! The one main concern that I am having is that the bonfire with the sword in it may not be up to GMK spec, the lines on the sword might be too thin, thankfully I do have a backup novelty to replace that one in case we aren't allowed to proceed with that novelty. While that might be the only related piece based on a video game, I will not be removing it from the deskpads, it would only be changed for the keyset itself.

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 15:52:21 »
I love this set. Will buy ghost split bars even if I need to cop a 40s kit for em. You'll figure out good kit design.

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 18:21:55 »
It's not fully finalized just yet, what idea did you have in mind? :)

I was browsing around and saw Pegaso and Camping deskmat and thinking that some kind of a volcano silhouette at the background might be good?
keep it simple but not too plain?

i'm currently using glorious white mat and while i love the simplicity of it which is the reason i got it, it's also basically the same with the current alt design ;D

Offline hiko13

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 19:26:32 »
Personally a fan of the ghost pad the way it is. Just looks like the loading screen of a certain near and dear game series, but understand that might be too simple for some.                                                                                                                                             

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 00:36:49 »
I dig the ghost kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 December 2019, 10:48:23 by ptykozoon »

Offline ymaaan

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 07:30:05 »
Hi! Love the theme and everything. I was just wondering if there is any chance that the space bar kit will have a separate kit of its own?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #228 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 11:13:09 »
Hi! Love the theme and everything. I was just wondering if there is any chance that the space bar kit will have a separate kit of its own?

Hey man! Thanks! Currently I am still waiting on renders, hopefully those will be done this week. There will be a spacebar kit. I'll update with all the new kits as soon as I get the renders of them.

Offline fiduta

« Reply #229 on: Fri, 27 December 2019, 19:30:39 »
i didn't see an ortho or an ergo kit
sorry if I missed something but I would really like to use some ashes ortho (or ergo)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 11:46:56 »
sorry if I missed something but I would really like to use some ashes ortho (or ergo)

The Extension Kit will have Ortho Coverage :) No plans on any Ergo coverage. Sorry

Offline fiduta

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 05:16:06 »

The Extension Kit will have Ortho Coverage :) No plans on any Ergo coverage. Sorry

Having ortho coverage is awesome cuz this set is beautiful! Thanks and happy new year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [1/3 Asia Proxy Update] (GB starts Feb. 15th)
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 10:05:31 »
Just got a new Proxy for Asia! My good friend iLouis from iLumkb let me know that he would like to proxy the set! Talks are being made to make sure I can give him everything that he needs, I will be in contact with the other Proxies too to get to know them and help them out in anyway that I can! Final renders are almost complete! I got some back the other day but there were a few minor tweaks that needed to be made to them once those are done I will post them to the thread here, big thanks to Jampot on Discord and depletedvespene on here for helping me out with figuring out the right keys for UK ISO! Join my Discord for leeks and to help me out with closer feedback!
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 January 2020, 14:08:53 by Tyson »

Offline Tyson

Re: [IC] GMK Ashes [1/3 Final Kit Renders! Update] (GB starts Feb. 15th)
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:22:21 »
Final Kit Renders are here! I hope everyone enjoys them! I wanted to get these out so everyone can have ideas on what to buy based on the kitting. I hope this suits as many people as possible! If you have any questions feel free to leave your feedback!

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:37:48 »
Looks awesome! FYI, the "fn" key for row 4 is in the kit twice. Not sure if that is intentional.

Offline TonyPia

« Reply #235 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:41:51 »
Awesome to see the black enter key back!

« Reply #236 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:43:52 »
Good kit names.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:51:49 »
Looks awesome! FYI, the "fn" key for row 4 is in the kit twice. Not sure if that is intentional.

Thanks for the concern, that extra fn key is an alternative that Alice type boards can use if they only want to buy the base kit and were planning on using spacebars from a different kit since the accent color is GMK CR color. :) Technically they could just buy the base kit and be fine if they have the Space keys CR spacebars. Although I do recommend getting the Lahar kit to have a full complete set. ;)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 16:52:29 »
Good kit names.

Thank you! I thought going with Volcano Terminology would be fun to do for kit names!

Offline Tennstrong

« Reply #239 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 17:38:16 »
Hey Tyson, wondering if Caldera kit should have a numpad accent enter? Looks good otherwise!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 17:45:16 »
Hey Tyson, wondering if Caldera kit should have a numpad accent enter? Looks good otherwise!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to add that in there, but I'm not too sure how many people would use it, I'm down to do it if more people ask about it. :)

Offline SyzygyXVII

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 21:06:22 »
Beautiful.  Interested

Offline YMwoo

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 21:18:06 »
Time to save up for the GB!
Great job~!

Offline asianfork

• Alice
« Reply #243 on: Fri, 03 January 2020, 21:20:21 »
This and GMK apollo really making me feel bad for my wallet in February

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 07:30:40 »
Is that a C1.25 blank on the spacebar kit?
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline forestLIM

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 08:16:41 »
Can't I add 1.75 enter keys to the 40s kit for the final render kit? that is the most often demanded enter key for 40s boards...

Offline Tyson

« Reply #246 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 16:29:35 »
Can't I add 1.75 enter keys to the 40s kit for the final render kit? that is the most often demanded enter key for 40s boards...

That's the size of the enter key that's in the 40s kit. It's in there already. Lol

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
« Reply #247 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 16:33:10 »
Isn't the enter in the 40s kit only 1.5u? Looks like that to me.
This is a signature.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #248 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 16:47:01 »
Isn't the enter in the 40s kit only 1.5u? Looks like that to me.

Actually let me talk to 159 and see what the size of the enter key is, I thought the kit had the most requested 40s enter but now that I look at it, it does seem to be a 1.5u enter key. I can look into getting a 1.75u in there too. Just to make sure that most 40s work with the kit. :)

Offline DanBe

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 04 January 2020, 18:16:39 »
Beautiful definitely going to pick this up. I'm a sucker for greys.