Author Topic: [GB] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset FINAL DAY MOQ REACHED  (Read 140066 times)

Offline Poesjuh

Re: [GB] GMK DMG - A Gameboy inspired keyset FINAL DAY MOQ REACHED
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 14:12:57 »
Afaik one of the rules of GB's that are (also) run on Geekhack, all updates also have to be posted here (A)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 18:23:45 »
OK everyone, here's an update of sorts to tell you what's been happening because I'm sure some of you are wondering what the delay has been about. There's been a few reasons, it was slow to get started and the initial samples were sent to Jason at TKC in Michigan instead of to me in London. Shipping this stuff around the world and back takes time. Once I received them from Jason, I deliberated for a little bit. I knew Jason was happy with all the colour matches and that changing anything would cause a delay to this already slow to get moving production. But I just couldn't say ok to the mod grey colour. It's a decent match to the Game Boy glass surround but like I said in the IC, I knew this would be the trickiest colour to get right, that there was some leeway with it because it was being matched to glass, and that I would lean towards legibility with it. I think the sample provided is a touch too dark and that both legend colours could look slightly murky on it. I don't want murky and I doubt anyone else does, so I've asked for another sample. Current ETA on that is a little under two weeks.

All the other colours are absolutely spot on. We asked GMK if they could go ahead and produce all the caps that don't require this mod colour, to minimise the delay, but they've said no. Anyway, if this new sample arrives when expected (shipping to me this time) and is good then the June delivery ETA Jason stated in his last post should still stand.

I hope everyone with money in this GB agrees that they'd rather have a better set a bit late than an inferior one sooner. i started working on this set over a year ago and I don't want to rush and fluff it right at the end. We want to give you some really bloody nice keycaps for your boards.

I'll post more frequent updates from now, to keep you all more in the loop. Thanks for your patience. X

Offline rondg

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 18:45:00 »
OK everyone, here's an update of sorts to tell you what's been happening because I'm sure some of you are wondering what the delay has been about. There's been a few reasons, it was slow to get started and the initial samples were sent to Jason at TKC in Michigan instead of to me in London. Shipping this stuff around the world and back takes time. Once I received them from Jason, I deliberated for a little bit. I knew Jason was happy with all the colour matches and that changing anything would cause a delay to this already slow to get moving production. But I just couldn't say ok to the mod grey colour. It's a decent match to the Game Boy glass surround but like I said in the IC, I knew this would be the trickiest colour to get right, that there was some leeway with it because it was being matched to glass, and that I would lean towards legibility with it. I think the sample provided is a touch too dark and that both legend colours could look slightly murky on it. I don't want murky and I doubt anyone else does, so I've asked for another sample. Current ETA on that is a little under two weeks.

All the other colours are absolutely spot on. We asked GMK if they could go ahead and produce all the caps that don't require this mod colour, to minimise the delay, but they've said no. Anyway, if this new sample arrives when expected (shipping to me this time) and is good then the June delivery ETA Jason stated in his last post should still stand.

I hope everyone with money in this GB agrees that they'd rather have a better set a bit late than an inferior one sooner. i started working on this set over a year ago and I don't want to rush and fluff it right at the end. We want to give you some really bloody nice keycaps for your boards.

I'll post more frequent updates from now, to keep you all more in the loop. Thanks for your patience. X

As long as there are frequent updates, I am okay with delays.  :thumb:

Offline Albatross

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 21:16:17 »

The dark grey mod color was my biggest concern with this set from the start, so I'm happy that you're aiming more towards legibility than a true color match.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 23:57:42 »
just glad to hear some communication! hope the color sampling goes well!

Offline rooski15

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 00:55:28 »
Thanks, Futurecrime! I'll take delay for quality any day! Keep it up :)

Offline bard

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 06:36:11 »
thanks for detailed updated  :thumb:

Offline mushubanane

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 08:21:08 »
Thanks for the update, and I'll happily wait for the the set to be perfected 

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 10:07:15 »
Delay as much as needed. I want the perfect product  :p

Offline forstsiven

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 02:33:46 »
If anyone who has jumped in on this set decides that they no longer want it, shoot me a PM.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 09:22:30 »
If anyone who has jumped in on this set decides that they no longer want it, shoot me a PM.

They still have it for pre-order on TKC, for what it's worth. :)

Offline forstsiven

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 15:31:12 »

I was hoping to get it at the GB price rather than what it's at now on the TKC website.

Offline PoochZag

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 18:04:07 »

I was hoping to get it at the GB price rather than what it's at now on the TKC website.

You might just want to grab it now while extras are available, honestly. Most GMK sets never sell second hand at or below the original GB price, and this set didn't exactly blow by the MOQ so there's only going to be 300 or so sets out there in the world to begin with
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline P_Piccolo

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 05:14:14 »
look forward to

Offline killuchen

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 06:00:33 »
Recently joined the hobby and just now seeing this set! This set is very nostalgic. Going to order base + space bar kit.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 06:27:10 »
I will be at the UK meet up today with the current samples in hand if anyone is interested in seeing them.  :thumb:

Offline killuchen

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 06:34:55 »
I will be at the UK meet up today with the current samples in hand if anyone is interested in seeing them.  :thumb:

sent you a pm

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 19:18:44 »
Just posting to say it’s the Game Boy’s 30th birthday today.

And now I feel old.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 20:26:00 »

Oooo I saw them. Lovely colours.

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 01:11:09 »
How about the deskmat. Does it need to wait GMK Keyset as well? Or can be ship before June?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 20:28:27 »
It’s been two weeks since I was told two weeks for the sample, so I emailed for an update. I got an out of office auto-reply. Back on Friday. Sample might have been made and posted already. Or not. Will mail again on Friday.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 05:20:59 »
Response from GMK today. "Samples should be ready for shipping by the end of next week".

Offline killuchen

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 07:10:08 »
 :thumb:

Offline paowaow

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 19:45:13 »
Is it still possible to join the buy? And if it is, when is the deadline?

Offline rondg

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 22:29:02 »
Is it still possible to join the buy? And if it is, when is the deadline?

https://thekey.company/collections/pre-order/products/gmk-dmg

It's on preorder

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 04:07:07 »
Update from GMK. New sample has been produced. Will hopefully ship to me today.

Which means I should have it early/mid next week I guess.  :)

Offline knazze

• yerba
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 19:08:26 »
I hope the new samples are good!

Offline AgonizedFish

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 10:58:10 »
Have the new samples arrived?

Offline Hadi

• Formerly eqtri
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 11:32:34 »
Held back on this during GB but might bite the bullet if the samples turn out well.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #179 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 12:05:49 »

Held back on this during GB but might bite the bullet if the samples turn out well.

Sample was ready last Friday and afaik was sent from Germany to me (in London). Hasn’t arrived yet. I emailed yesterday but have yet to hear back. Will post here as soon as I hear anything else.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 12:45:55 »
Pls extras eventually dad ty

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 14:39:58 »

You said live on stream you didn’t like it and SNES is better.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 14:41:28 »

yea i changed my mind soz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 14:51:41 »

yea i changed my mind soz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok ur not banned.

For interested parties it’s still up for pre-order on the TKC site at least until this final sample is confirmed.

Offline AgonizedFish

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 15:35:14 »

Sample was ready last Friday and afaik was sent from Germany to me (in London). Hasn’t arrived yet. I emailed yesterday but have yet to hear back. Will post here as soon as I hear anything else.

So is everything still on track for June or do you think this will delay it a bit?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 16:47:59 »

So is everything still on track for June or do you think this will delay it a bit?

Honestly not sure, this sample has taken a while. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow and we can get it confirmed. If that happens then I expect GMK will give us a new eta from then. As soon as I know, you'll know.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 10:23:53 »
Email from GMK today:

UPS has sent the shipment back. So I have arranged again today.

:(

Offline dantambok

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 11:50:20 »
RIP
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline rooski15

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 11:53:15 »
Email from GMK today:

UPS has sent the shipment back. So I have arranged again today.

:(
Bummer.

On the flip side, I appreciate you scrutinizing the colors. Top notch thus far, really excited for the outcome. :)

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 20:48:33 »
This has taken some time. I really hope the final set could live up to the long waiting time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 May 2019, 03:25:12 by Mikiberry »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 02:17:12 »
This has taken some time. I really could live up to the long waiting time.

I’m sorry Oko. I will try to wait faster.

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 06:27:44 »
This has taken some time. I really could live up to the long waiting time.

I’m sorry Oko. I will try to wait faster.

LOL, trying setting your phone date a day ahead man.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #192 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 07:53:52 »
Just go to Germany and pick them up SMH

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 14 May 2019, 09:38:37 »
Tracking says delivery will be tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #194 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:44:16 »
Ok. So the new sample arrived and unfortunately it's not an improvement on the old one. This does obviously mean a further delay. I've been talking to GMK today and we'll be ordering another sample asap and have been quoted a turnaround of three weeks for that. GMK are aware that the GB participants are waiting to get their hands on the set and we are working to get this to you as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry it's not the news you wanted to hear and I hope you all understand we're just trying to make a set you're gonna love. I'll let you know when we get a new timeframe for manufacture as well.

I love you all please don't hate me. x

Offline rooski15

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 12:45:33 »
Ok. So the new sample arrived and unfortunately it's not an improvement on the old one. This does obviously mean a further delay. I've been talking to GMK today and we'll be ordering another sample asap and have been quoted a turnaround of three weeks for that. GMK are aware that the GB participants are waiting to get their hands on the set and we are working to get this to you as quickly as possible.

I'm sorry it's not the news you wanted to hear and I hope you all understand we're just trying to make a set you're gonna love. I'll let you know when we get a new timeframe for manufacture as well.

I love you all please don't hate me. x
No complaints here. The level of detail is worth the wait.

Offline mta

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 13:26:27 »
No complaints here either, appreciate that you're taking the time to get it right

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 13:32:10 »
A delayed set is eventually good, but a rushed set is forever bad

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 14:02:00 »
Not mad about the delay. I am curious though, could you show us the current (rejected) samples? Just be neat to see the evolution if possible.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 14:21:32 »
Please sell the arrow keys and those on their own.