Author Topic: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 100% SHIPPED, RED RIOT SHIPPING]  (Read 125081 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH SHIPPING NEXT WEEK]
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 12:00:54 »
I suspect the sets won't be shipping to you guys until the new year, but it depends largely on Krelbit's schedule. Either way, just glad we're finally here. I'm still super stoked about this set.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 02:12:11 »
If anyone wants to let go of their red riot spot please pm me.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #302 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 02:40:42 »

just wait for extras

there are many
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Hyperdimension

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 07:38:49 »
Does JTK always produce that many extra sets?

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #304 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 09:08:28 »

just wait for extras

there are many
Then I shall buy many.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #305 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 12:00:10 »

no, switchmod and especially ZF fronted for a ton of sets so that this could make MOQ

about 250 sets between the two of them

ZF bought so many so that yolch could be the custom colors, and red riot was just way short of MOQ
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 December 2018, 16:39:03 by Puddsy »

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 22:43:02 »

no, switchmod and especially ZF fronted for a ton of sets so that this could make MOQ

ZF bought so many so that yolch could be the custom colors, and red riot was just way short of MOQ

Good Guy ZFrontier

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 01:27:41 »

Good Guy ZFrontier

Krelbit too, he helped red riot make it to MOQ

Offline duckboi

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 09:32:00 »
Krelbit too, he helped red riot make it to MOQ

Thanks krelboat
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline Evolken

« Reply #309 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:55:49 »
Received my Yolch today. USPS arrived a day earlier than estimated. Looks great in person!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 17:00:11 »
Received my Yolch today. USPS arrived a day earlier than estimated. Looks great in person!

Looks good! Definitely looks better than prior iterations of JTK. Kudos to Puddsy for this set.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 17:28:45 »

Beauty! Thanks for posting these.

Looks good! Definitely looks better than prior iterations of JTK. Kudos to Puddsy for this set.

thanks fam

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 19:12:24 »
All sets are out that are Yolch only. If you've gotten Red Riot as well in your order I'll take a little more time with it, considering I don't have Red Riot.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 20:08:35 »
All sets are out that are Yolch only. If you've gotten Red Riot as well in your order I'll take a little more time with it, considering I don't have Red Riot.

thanks my dude

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 20:09:08 »
also please post pics when you get your sets, i'm keeping all the yolch pics in a folder on my PC cause i'm real happy with how it came out

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 20:30:26 »

Thanks for helping out with MOQ and being awesome!

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:43:39 »
also please post pics when you get your sets, i'm keeping all the yolch pics in a folder on my PC cause i'm real happy with how it came out

ok dad

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:44:07 »

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 95% SHIPPED, RR SOON]
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 22:07:18 »
Ah, as I should acknowledge.

I realize that these keycap sets are late. Really late. Months and months late. I haven't always been the quickest to update my site and on behalf of that, I apologize greatly. I had yolch at my home address (I am currently living on campus at my university) for about a week and for that whole week, I was (and am) still feeling immense amounts of guilt for not being able to fulfill my duties as a vendor and group buy runner properly.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this run has caused in the planning of you, my customers. We should have allowed for more time in the group buy to account for these delays but no such thing was done and that is completely on me. I can deeply sympathize with you all as I have been burned before by improperly planned group buys showing up at a weird date, sometimes months after expected.

At the end of the day, I'm just a college kid who (really) recently got his heart broken, is dealing with exams, and then has to balance his vendor activities accordingly with his priorities. I hope that you all can be a bit more lenient with my packing of Red Riot because I do not exactly know when that is going to be. My finals week is approaching fairly quickly, and I'm trying my best to shake off all the heartbreak jitters. However, I know that feeling of guilt from not being able to be the best vendor I can be will be omnipresent if Red Riot arrives at my house, and I'm not packing it right away.

Please be patient with me and I am deeply grateful for your support thus far. Know that I will always try to put my customers as high as I can but sometimes I have to put myself first.

Thank you,

Bryan, Switchmod.net.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2018, 22:11:16 by Krelbit »

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 00:14:22 »
Yo this was def worth the wait
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 00:40:06 »
Show Image

Whoa, that looks awesome.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #321 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 00:44:15 »
Show Image

wow, that's super slick

thanks for sharing

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 04:15:26 »

I realize that these keycap sets are late. Really late. Months and months late. I haven't always been the quickest to update my site and on behalf of that, I apologize greatly. I had yolch at my home address (I am currently living on campus at my university) for about a week and for that whole week, I was (and am) still feeling immense amounts of guilt for not being able to fulfill my duties as a vendor and group buy runner properly.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this run has caused in the planning of you, my customers. We should have allowed for more time in the group buy to account for these delays but no such thing was done and that is completely on me. I can deeply sympathize with you all as I have been burned before by improperly planned group buys showing up at a weird date, sometimes months after expected.

At the end of the day, I'm just a college kid who (really) recently got his heart broken, is dealing with exams, and then has to balance his vendor activities accordingly with his priorities. I hope that you all can be a bit more lenient with my packing of Red Riot because I do not exactly know when that is going to be. My finals week is approaching fairly quickly, and I'm trying my best to shake off all the heartbreak jitters. However, I know that feeling of guilt from not being able to be the best vendor I can be will be omnipresent if Red Riot arrives at my house, and I'm not packing it right away.

Please be patient with me and I am deeply grateful for your support thus far. Know that I will always try to put my customers as high as I can but sometimes I have to put myself first.

Thank you,

Bryan, Switchmod.net.

Appreciate the update. I'm in for Red Riot and honestly have not felt the wait. I think people need to remember that most of the people running group buys in this community are fellow hobbyists and aren't full time business runners. That recognition seems to have been lost as the community has grown. As long as people get their stuff and there's good communication around delays I don't think there's a problem.

Also, chin up, plenty more fish in the sea, you're still young, etc.

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:10:13 »
Much better lighting in my office
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:13:52 by dwarflemur »
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:45:32 »
Got my Yolch set today!
208441-0
208445-1

Thanks for putting in the work to get these made & out to the community Puddsy & Krelbit! Finally got my hometown colors on a board thanks to you guys & I'm loving it! :cool:

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:55:48 by Rob27shred »

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #325 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 14:18:26 »

Thank you,

Bryan, Switchmod.net.

Do you have extra Yolch sets to sell, Bryan? I see lots of Red Riot sets on sites, but no Yolch on any of them.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 14:27:40 »
Nice.

208447-0

208449-1

Whoopsie. Didn’t realize there was no R2 page-up/home or R3 page-down/end.  Oh well.  Plenty of boards for these to go on that aren’t 65%

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #327 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 15:12:11 »
However, it does have an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn, which is good for those of us that use ~` / Delete / PgUp / PgDn / right arrow on the rightmost column of our 65% (it's the default layout for a Tada68).

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #328 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 15:18:55 »
However, it does have an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn, which is good for those of us that use ~` / Delete / PgUp / PgDn / right arrow on the rightmost column of our 65% (it's the default layout for a Tada68).

Trudat.  Just became accustomed to Delete/ pgup/ pgdn/ Fn.  Too crotchety to change my ways.  GET OFF MY LAND!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 16:00:11 »
Nice.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Whoopsie. Didn’t realize there was no R2 page-up/home or R3 page-down/end.  Oh well.  Plenty of boards for these to go on that aren’t 65%

looks great regardless

Thank you,

Bryan, Switchmod.net.

Do you have extra Yolch sets to sell, Bryan? I see lots of Red Riot sets on sites, but no Yolch on any of them.

he doesn't have yolch extras, ZF has them all, they should be going up soon, but they might be waiting for rr to ship first

Much better lighting in my office
Show Image

nice

Got my Yolch set today!
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for putting in the work to get these made & out to the community Puddsy & Krelbit! Finally got my hometown colors on a board thanks to you guys & I'm loving it! :cool:

wow, that looks great

clueboard is ++
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 December 2018, 16:05:38 by Puddsy »

Offline godinjointform

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 17:57:43 »

Thank you,

Bryan, Switchmod.net.
Happily (not anxiously) awaiting Red Riot. I think most of us understand that life happens, and I appreciate the update to let us know about the delay. I've got grand plans for the set when it comes in, really looking forward to it. Wish you all the best with the personal stuff.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 18:06:10 »
without quoting anyone - its all good on the waits - we were prepared as Puddsy kept us up to date as to the pre-production delay.

Communication is the best you or anyone can do.

Can't wait for Red Riot, and as everyone else said - keep your chin up kid - ur kicking ass out there with your site and your products.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #332 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 23:51:05 »
Got an email from Buddha, turns out the factory sent him all the RR caps loose in 2 huge boxes. So sorting is gonna take a cool minute.

But it's being worked on.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #333 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 00:08:15 »
Got an email from Buddha, turns out the factory sent him all the RR caps loose in 2 huge boxes. So sorting is gonna take a cool minute.

But it's being worked on.

oh jesus.  I can't fathom trying to sort loose blanks.  yikes

Offline kokoon

« Reply #334 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 12:58:58 »
Show Image

Yes! I'm doing this as well, serika micons w/ yolch alphas!

By the way, when is EU vendor getting these / shipping out?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #335 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 14:25:11 »
Show Image

Yes! I'm doing this as well, serika micons w/ yolch alphas!

By the way, when is EU vendor getting these / shipping out?

This week, I believe. There was a delay in getting shipping information from them, but that's been resolved.

Offline kokoon

« Reply #336 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 14:36:04 »
Great, I can't wait. They're not answering my email, so I hope this doesn't get sour.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #337 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 15:31:25 »
Great, I can't wait. They're not answering my email, so I hope this doesn't get sour.

Took me about a week to get a reply from him. I think he's just busy.

Offline duckboi

« Reply #338 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 16:21:54 »
Thank you Puddsy, VERY COOL!
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 17:06:35 »
Just got some new flash equipment for my camera. Gonna test it out on some product shots of Yolch, which I just received yesterday! Hoping to get them done this weekend/early next week. High res, too :] But the board isn't anything special, just a WASD V2 TKL. Stay on the lookout nonetheless!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #340 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 17:23:37 »
Just got some new flash equipment for my camera. Gonna test it out on some product shots of Yolch, which I just received yesterday! Hoping to get them done this weekend/early next week. High res, too :] But the board isn't anything special, just a WASD V2 TKL. Stay on the lookout nonetheless!

I'm ready

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #341 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 18:58:19 »
Man I just remembered I'm not getting my sets until after RR is done so it's gonna be a cool minute

I haven't been able to check my PC all day (I don't have discord or slack on my phone), so might have updates on when extras are being posted soon.

More pics pls.

Offline vikipedeer

« Reply #342 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 19:25:48 »
waiting for those sweet extras...
Current board:KBD75V2, Whitefox, Time TKL

say yes to bacon overlord

Offline braidn

« Reply #343 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 23:03:15 »
Excited to see some of those sweet Cherry style blanks ie Red Riot shots.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #344 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:01:53 »
Dang the JTK legends lookin aight now :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #345 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:10:48 »
Dang the JTK legends lookin aight now :cool:

aside from the H, everything else is pretty much spot on

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #346 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 02:04:16 »
Good news, bad news.

Bad news first.

My suspicion was correct, the Yolch alphas are a shade or two lighter than GMK dolch sets. I just want people waiting for extras to be aware of that.

I was told that the colors were dead on with the naked eye by ZF, evidently something changed between sampling and production. It's not aggressively bad like some other recent GBs that aren't worth naming, but it is noticeable next to GMK Dolch sets and I can understand if some people are peeved by this.

I'll have some better pictures for you tomorrow, the person who sent them to me went to bed after. I asked for comparison pics from him, so it wasn't an angry email.

Now for the good news:

208609-0

Each key has to be sorted one at a time. But it's happening.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 December 2018, 02:07:18 by Puddsy »

Offline vikipedeer

Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 95% SHIPPED, FIRST RR PICS IN]
« Reply #347 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 02:56:32 »
I actually like the Yolch 'grey' colour more than Dolch's lol
any news on the extras?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #348 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 03:02:27 »
any news on the extras?

after rr ships

Offline vikipedeer

« Reply #349 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 06:33:39 »
any news on the extras?

after rr ships
That's gonna be quite awhile then, I guess my wallet is safe this month(maybe?)