Author Topic: [GB] GMK Necro | Resurrecting on March 30th  (Read 43730 times)

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
[GB] GMK Necro | Resurrecting on March 30th
« on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 14:05:52 »
Hello!

This is the groupbuy page for GMK Necro.

All info about the set can be found https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90468.0 here, and if you have any specific questions please feel free to ask them here as well.

GMK Render (What keys are included. Colours are inaccurate)

Spacebar kit

The keyset will be able to be purchased on one of the following:
For north America, Necro will be available @ DMKeys.com
Proxies to come in the following week or two hopefully
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 February 2018, 22:45:47 by Brazzers »

Offline jessica

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | GB Starts Friday the 13th!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 14:07:20 »
Reserved

Offline jessica

Re: [GB] GMK Necro | GB Live @ DMKeys.com
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:27:32 »
Posting in here cause I didn't realize this thread got approved and I want people to know this is where discussion will be had for this set

Offline avid

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:34:11 »
How is the color of alpha? On render they look greenish, almost glow in the dark. Accurate?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 16:38:40 »
How is the color of alpha? On render they look greenish, almost glow in the dark. Accurate?

Color codes are on the IC, i.e. in this post:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90468.msg2505073#msg2505073

She's also said it's sRGB

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 17:01:51 »
Hi Jessica,

How come i got refund for the space bar kit? Does it comes with the base kit or we have to purchase it separately? It doesn't show on the web page anymore
PS: Oh, nvm..... it said full refund so i thought i got the total refund but actually its only the shipping

Thanks
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 19:49:17 by BlackInk »

Offline jessica

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 13:06:28 »
Hi Jessica,

How come i got refund for the space bar kit? Does it comes with the base kit or we have to purchase it separately? It doesn't show on the web page anymore
PS: Oh, nvm..... it said full refund so i thought i got the total refund but actually its only the shipping

Thanks

Yup, if you order the base set and order the spacebars later, I refund your shipping on the spacebars cause I'll end up just shipping them together anyways :)

Offline jessica

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 13:07:02 »
The colours will be a pale green. I've tried my hardest with Oblotzky to get accurate colours in the renders :)

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 14:30:43 »
Put in my reminder to buy

======••••======
http://txkeyboards.com/
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Sissy

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 08:34:45 »
I asked in the IC thread but I'll ask here also, what site is cheapest for Australia with shipping /currency conversion

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 09:28:41 »
I asked in the IC thread but I'll ask here also, what site is cheapest for Australia with shipping /currency conversion

You could try to place orders (just not go through the payment step) in order to see, couldn't you?

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 07:45:01 »
How're we doing on the MOQ? Should we start evangelizing?

Offline Sissy

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 03:00:16 »

You could try to place orders (just not go through the payment step) in order to see, couldn't you?
I could, I am not prepared to order just yet so was more curious if anyone else has since I have to assume I am not the only Australian interested.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 04:26:50 »

I could, I am not prepared to order just yet so was more curious if anyone else has since I have to assume I am not the only Australian interested.
you don't have to be prepared to order; you can pkace the order and just not pay when you get to that step in order to see the price of shipping.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 07:02:33 »

you don't have to be prepared to order; you can pkace the order and just not pay when you get to that step in order to see the price of shipping.
I know how to order things on the internet, It was just a simple question I could check up on for future reference.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 07:16:08 »

I know how to order things on the internet, It was just a simple question I could check up on for future reference.

It might be a simple question that doesn't get answered.  I wasn't trying to denigrate you in any way; I was trying to be helpful and give an alternative.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 08:50:33 »
In USD

Wasn't really hard to find, that's just to somewhere in Sydney.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 10:35:32 »
Also need the one from the Proxy.  Which is the reason I wasn't going to be bothered to do it.

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 10:49:17 »
EU proxy prices are £15 international.

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 14:23:25 »
This looks like it could be named GMK Rick

Offline yaeger77

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 17:39:35 »
These looks great! I currently use Leopold PBT cherry profile keycaps. How would the GMKs feel compared mine? Will the ABS make it feel more grippy?

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 18:03:15 »
These looks great! I currently use Leopold PBT cherry profile keycaps. How would the GMKs feel compared mine? Will the ABS make it feel more grippy?

ABS typically feels smoother than pbt in my experience

Offline jessica

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:02:19 »

ABS is a bit more slippery than PBT, but it definitely feels high quality.
The profile between Cherry and Leopold's caps is virtually identical. I think Leopold's caps are a little taller but they're basically Cherry profile

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:13:30 »
From my perspective, yes, ABS will feel more "grippy". I think of PBT as more satiny and ABS more glossy (and thus more grippy).
I'm just about 2 years into my MK adventure and finally got a GMK set with the >Terminal_ group buy. They (GMK) have easily become my favorite caps to type on.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 04:17:39 »
very cool color combo.  ordered a set. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline 1ate7

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 10:06:31 »
In for GMK Necro. Massdrop also rerunning GMK Plum starting tomorrow. cant wait to get both Necro and Plum for my keebs. Thanks for the awesome sets Jessica!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:15:35 »
In for GMK Necro. Massdrop also rerunning GMK Plum starting tomorrow. cant wait to get both Necro and Plum for my keebs. Thanks for the awesome sets Jessica!

They are not re-running Plum.  They just have some sets in stock for replacements that they didn't need.  Or they could be sets they found in the warehouse unaccounted for.  Definitely not re-running, and be there early if you want to get anything.

Offline johuu

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 12:34:42 »
Joined the GB today.

Offline 1ate7

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 10:04:45 »

They are not re-running Plum.  They just have some sets in stock for replacements that they didn't need.  Or they could be sets they found in the warehouse unaccounted for.  Definitely not re-running, and be there early if you want to get anything.

Thanks for this. i was thinking it was a full rerun. ill be sure to login at 2:55 ET to hopefully grab a GMK plum set.

Edit: got a GMK plum before sellout. stoked to have my 2 mains running GMK Plum and GMK Necro.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:31:40 by 1ate7 »

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 15:44:27 »
Just ordered a kit from mechboards.co.uk

Have it reached MOQ yet or how far are we away?

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 18:37:47 »
ordered!

happy.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 11:44:22 »
Does any one know what the MOQ numbers are like?

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 12:28:36 »
Would also like to know if MOQ is reached or how far it is away from MOQ. I believe that MOQ is 150.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 13:05:37 »
Custom colors are 250.

I fear this has the same fate as Eclipse - no communication/updates, bad timing, and little promotion.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 14:30:28 »
Custom colors are 250.

I fear this has the same fate as Eclipse - no communication/updates, bad timing, and little promotion.

it started around the same time as 9009, and i wager that more people went for that than for this
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 14:33:57 »
Custom colors are 250.

it started around the same time as 9009, and i wager that more people went for that than for this

It started around 9009 and ending close to laser. It was a difficult time for it for sure.
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:36:35 »
Custom colors are 250.

It started around 9009 and ending close to laser. It was a difficult time for it for sure.

Most definitely. Both laser and 9009 took up my budget this month..

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:50:17 »
I'm ordering a set, but I can't just yet. Need to wait for my next paycheck.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:59:49 »
The set could probably use some advertising to remind people it's still going on. Would you mind if other people posted reminders etc. Jess?

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 17:20:49 »
hope this set will reach MOQ!

Offline jessica

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 17:22:08 »
The set could probably use some advertising to remind people it's still going on. Would you mind if other people posted reminders etc. Jess?
Have at it :)

I will be completely honest here. I am being very realistic when I say I don't believe this set will hit MOQ in the designated timeframe, and extending it will accomplish nothing because we're in Laser Season, so all other sets are gettin' fkd.

If the set doesn't hit MOQ by the 13th as planned, full refunds will go out either same day, or early next day.
This is a really unfortunate reality but there simply wasn't a better time for this set for almost 6 months and I thought it'd be worth a shot now, and possibly be worth revisiting at a later time :)

Thank you all for the support on this set.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:19:48 »

I will be completely honest here. I am being very realistic when I say I don't believe this set will hit MOQ in the designated timeframe, and extending it will accomplish nothing because we're in Laser Season, so all other sets are gettin' fkd.

If the set doesn't hit MOQ by the 13th as planned, full refunds will go out either same day, or early next day.
This is a really unfortunate reality but there simply wasn't a better time for this set for almost 6 months and I thought it'd be worth a shot now, and possibly be worth revisiting at a later time :)

How close is the set to moq?  Don't know where to find the active count

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:47:39 »

On slack, she said there are about 60 sets ordered through both her site and mechboards.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:52:15 »

On slack, she said there are about 60 sets ordered through both her site and mechboards.
whatttt? thats even lower than GMK Pristine :( nooooo i want this set, so everyone should start grabbing another set  ;)

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:55:41 »
Unfortunately, at those numbers even if everyone bought 3 we still wouldn't have enough :(

Offline Quakemz

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 03:36:09 »
This is most unfortunate. I believe this to be one of the best GMK colorways. I hope it hits MoQ, or at the very least gets attempted again at a later date.

Jessica, have you thought about running the set through a more established vendor? That would up your numbers noticeably.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 15:20:26 »
Get in the Massdrop Queue for GMK sets and it'll hit MOQ and then some. Except for a few exceptions it seems it is getting harder and harder to hit MOQ on unique GMK sets unless you go through Massdrop, Originative, and a couple other sellers. Then you can even add on some novelties and support for other layouts (ErgoDox, split spacebar kit, etc).

Unless something has changed MassDrop only tries to make 15% profit which seems less than some other buys I've seen lately (still can't believe less than 12 hours after group buy ended I payed a premium for Led Zep set.)
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 16:42:52 »
It's definitely harder to hit moq as an independent seller because there are too many sets being run. Proposed supply outpaces demand for key sets right now, and without the visibility that a large vendor supplies, you're going to struggle at times to attract a diluted pool of buyers.
keyboards.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:43:26 »
This is disappointing.

The set really looks great, I just don’t think there was much effort getting the news out there/reminders. I really wanted it, as the set was pretty rad.

On a side note, please bring back the window icons, Jess! :3

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #49 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 11:48:46 »
Well bugger. I'll definitely still be in whenever you decide to run it again though. Probably my favorite set overall at this point. And if you're looking for a time to run it, spring next year would probably mean we get it around fall/Halloween 2018 which would be nice :)