Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2692868 times)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #15950 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:48:30 »
This must be the Bro Cap reverse therapy thread with the amount of bragging going on in here...

I just wanted a stump or two :(

did you win anything?

Not this time around, but as others are saying I'm expecting to see a lot of these up for trade/sale right after they are received like we are seeing with the Classic Reapers from the last sale.

You even saw the MX Gamer sets which I thought was shocking. Figured those would be fairly prized acquisitions.

Yeah, maybe had something to do with them supposedly becoming a regularly available item on the Ctrl.Alt store?  People wanting to get as much for them as they can now as their value would drop quite a bit if they were to become stocked year-round?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #15951 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:51:46 »
This must be the Bro Cap reverse therapy thread with the amount of bragging going on in here...

I just wanted a stump or two :(

did you win anything?

Not this time around, but as others are saying I'm expecting to see a lot of these up for trade/sale right after they are received like we are seeing with the Classic Reapers from the last sale.

You even saw the MX Gamer sets which I thought was shocking. Figured those would be fairly prized acquisitions.

Gotta have something to try and get a BBv2, right?

People can do whatever, I just thought it was amusing.

I think this is a fairly common phenomenon (the trade part, not the sale) every time a sale held by renowned artisans ended.

So I think this is not something to be shocked about though...

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15952 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 10:57:44 »
I'm fully aware it happens. However, I thought specifically the MX Gamer sets would be harder to get, thus people would hold onto them. I'm just comparing it from the behavior from previous gamer set releases.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #15953 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:01:40 »

I think this is a fairly common phenomenon (the trade part, not the sale) every time a sale held by renowned artisans ended.

Not shocking, but definitely a bummer for anyone who isn't flipping for straight cash. You've got people buying caps they might not want just to have a chance at a trade with people who have a cap they don't just want to sell, which I can see discouraging a cap maker from even bothering with new designs, when new stuff might appear to be selling just as trade fodder. Then there's people who actually like the designs who didn't/couldn't buy them because they're being bought by flippers or traders.

(I'm extrapolating this to all makers, not just Bro btw.)

Offline rurushu

« Reply #15954 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:08:24 »
I'm fully aware it happens. However, I thought specifically the MX Gamer sets would be harder to get, thus people would hold onto them. I'm just comparing it from the behavior from previous gamer set releases.

there is also this thinking "if it is harder to get"  = higher rarity = can be used to trade for other interested items that people wouldnt even consider selling

Not shocking, but definitely a bummer for anyone who isn't flipping for straight cash. You've got people buying caps they might not want just to have a chance at a trade with people who have a cap they don't just want to sell, which I can see discouraging a cap maker from even bothering with new designs, when new stuff might appear to be selling just as trade fodder. Then there's people who actually like the designs who didn't/couldn't buy them because they're being bought by flippers or traders.

(I'm extrapolating this to all makers, not just Bro btw.)

this I think, is something that cant be avoided.
It is bound to happen, because those people that bought them knew that the items that they wish to get is already not obtainable via cash and the only way to get to them is via a trade, but how do you get people willing to trade theirs with yours?
The answer is, you have to have your trading chips first, else there is not even a chance of trade to happen in the first place.

It is cruel to those who sincerely wish to buy the new designs but are unable to, but I think most artisans are already trying their way of making the sale much "fairer" by using raffles   :-[

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15955 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:09:19 »

Mo people mo problems
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15956 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:14:27 »

there is also this thinking "if it is harder to get"  = higher rarity = can be used to trade for other interested items that people wouldnt even consider selling

I'm also aware of this. I wasn't looking for an explanation of it, I just thought it was amusing.

Offline rurushu

« Reply #15957 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:17:45 »

I'm also aware of this. I wasn't looking for an explanation of it, I just thought it was amusing.

yea, when I saw those I also got the feeling like "Dude... that is soooo hard to get, how can you so casually put them up for trade??? They might not be made anymore damnit!!!"  :-X

but then... I was on the shorter end of the stick as I missed the previous sales...  :'( :'(

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15958 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:18:20 »

Would you like an explanation of why you found it amusing?

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #15959 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:18:35 »
Won my first bro! Chem Dug Jolly Rodgers! It wasnt my top pick but it was a pick! About time. dang.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15960 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:19:46 »

Yes.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15961 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:21:58 »

Yes.

Science and stuff.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #15962 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:23:03 »
Is nobody else complaining about the price hike in this sale? I feel like 50 dollars for a cap is a bit much, I only pulled the trigger because of how bad i wanted this color scheme.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15963 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:25:11 »
Is nobody else complaining about the price hike in this sale? I feel like 50 dollars for a cap is a bit much, I only pulled the trigger because of how bad i wanted this color scheme.

I am fine with the price. They haven't really gone up though. The single shot caps went for $38 which is reasonable. The Triple shot Reaper $52 again reasonable IMO. Also considering the time to make the caps I see no issue.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15964 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:25:57 »

I don't want to speak for anyone. However, I'm assuming the prices are higher due to the colors. In the last sale, the Classic Reapers were single colors sold at $35. Here you are being offered all triple-shot colorways; which would increase the price.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #15965 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:25:59 »

I am fine with the price. They haven't really gone up though. The single shot caps went for $38 which is reasonable. The Triple shot Reaper $52 again reasonable IMO. Also considering the time to make the caps I see no issue.

This is exactly it. The more colors, the higher the price.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15966 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:26:03 »

They're triple shot. Last sale was single shot.

EDIT: Ooops. I should refresh before posting.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #15967 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:26:56 »
Cosmos sale was around 30-40 dollars a cap. I think the two v2's i won were 35 each so.

I'm not trying to be negative about the subject or situation, just a honest feeling I have

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #15968 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:28:19 »
Cosmos sale was around 30-40 dollars a cap. I think the two v2's i won were 35 each so.

I'm not trying to be negative about the subject or situation, just a honest feeling I have

Bro is also producing a larger quantity of caps which takes more time and produces more duds do to regular casting errors.

Aftermarket prices also show that people are willing to pay more for his caps.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #15969 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:31:13 »
I go to tell my friends about how excited I am I won the broraffle and tell them my subtotal is 112$ for two artisan keycaps and I get called mean things.

I've read all of the responses to my initial post on this page and am satisfied with the answers and explanations provided.

yolo stumplife homie

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15970 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:32:03 »

More importantly, Cosmos caps were generally single/double-shot in colors. There is also the factor of the different pricing for different designs that is dictated.

For example, pretty sure v2s were less than reapers in that sale. Even though they had the same colorways.

Offline Liocer

« Reply #15971 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:35:54 »
/more salt. I shouldn't read this thread ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15972 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:36:54 »

There's no salt. Besides, this is a therapy thread?

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #15973 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:39:37 »
I go to tell my friends about how excited I am I won the broraffle and tell them my subtotal is 112$ for two artisan keycaps and I get called mean things.

I've read all of the responses to my initial post on this page and am satisfied with the answers and explanations provided.

yolo stumplife homie

Show Image

Get new friends, 420 sales got me for $213 can't wait to get em
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15974 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:41:59 »

yolo stumplife homie

Show Image

^ why do your friends care how you spend your money.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #15975 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:44:27 »
F what anyones gotta say homie G

I got 420 sale caps!!!!

Offline Liocer

« Reply #15976 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:45:24 »

It's me who's being salty :(. Mostly about bragging in the Therapy thread

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15977 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:52:25 »

:(

Offline rurushu

« Reply #15978 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:55:18 »

yolo stumplife homie

Show Image

yesh brah, do what you want to do.

At first I also like you, telling my friends that I found out about mechanical keyboards and how awesome it is and stuff. But their response are pretty much more or less like your case, so I gave up and say to myself "To hell with what you think, Imma liking it my way"

sorry  :'( :'(

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15979 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 11:55:54 »

Show Image

Corgis make everything better :D

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #15980 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 12:11:05 »
So who got all them dedhed reapers in mx

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #15981 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 12:18:04 »
Paid invoice for a Topre Stump II, going to be my first Bro Cap.  Unnnggghhh  :-*
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline Liocer

« Reply #15982 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 12:43:54 »

Show Image

Corgis make everything better :D
They do :)

Offline gohono3

« Reply #15983 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 16:14:31 »
That Nitty Gritty Reaper Classic tho.. Grats to all the winners!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #15984 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 19:47:16 »
I have much love for the reaper series and total respect for Bro, Bunny, and the Ctrlalt.io team. Just wishing for a bro bots run in again up in here. I mean it's been awhile. No?

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15985 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 19:50:38 »
I have much love for the reaper series and total respect for Bro, Bunny, and the Ctrlalt.io team. Just wishing for a bro bots run in again up in here. I mean it's been awhile. No?

BBV2's are a retired design. Be patient and wait for v3

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #15986 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 19:52:29 »

Is there going to be a V3? I thought bro was retiring the 'bot' design.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #15987 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 19:57:00 »

yolo stumplife homie

Show Image

Ha ha ha ha! What Punks said. You need new friends or you don't tell your old friends about this secret website called GH that you go during your night time.

Offline ika

« Reply #15988 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 20:12:20 »

Is there going to be a V3? I thought bro was retiring the 'bot' design.

He said it wouldn't be called the V3, but nothing about it being a bbv2 successor.

Offline icedogg

« Reply #15989 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 21:00:41 »
Was debating between a reaper classic & jolly roger. Only put a ticket in for one this time because I have some car repairs, but got a Bro! (Chem Dub Jolly Roger). Loving the green caps this round, especially the multishots, love to see more in the future  :thumb: Thx Bro!
QFR Greens - Unicorn Vomit....'
KB v60 Blues - Miami
*Join the Clicky Bangwagon...*

(>^.^)> Wanna Trade!? <(^.^<)

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #15990 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 03:53:29 »
Is there hope?  I get in the raffle from unpaid invoices.  One can only dream
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #15991 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 05:23:00 »

There is always hope!

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #15992 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 06:25:17 »

There is always hope!
I felt homeless scouring through my spam email for the 420 email
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #15993 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 06:31:18 »
Has everyone received their CE Reapers yet?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
« Reply #15994 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:13:06 »
yeah if anyone won the purple passion stump 2 and or the moba gamer set in mystic purple im willing to pay just PM me

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #15995 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:18:05 »

Not everyone but most, couple people on Slack are still waiting.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #15996 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:32:13 »

My tracking hasn't even updated since the label was created =/

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #15997 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:40:12 »
If in any case, the people don't pay their invoices, do we have to re-enter again for the re-raffle? I just want to make sure..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #15998 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 08:56:52 »

Same with Hispes and someone else, but Bro said they'll all be done by the 1st. :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #15999 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 09:23:24 »

Same with Hispes and someone else, but Bro said they'll all be done by the 1st. :thumb:

Oh OK. I thought he meant the "All the things" stuff would be out by the first. Probably should have read it better