Author Topic: [Preorder] TX108se (Finished)  (Read 52818 times)

Offline txclack

Re: [Preorder] TX108se (closed preorder)
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 19:43:04 »
Also ordered in the first round and have yet to receive the board - in the US.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 19:46:10 »

I reached out late last week and popkorn62 said he hadn’t received them. He was a bit more specific when he responded in the extra parts thread or whatever it’s called. I think he said he was expecting them in about a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline txclack

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 19:50:33 »

I reached out late last week and popkorn62 said he hadn’t received them. He was a bit more specific when he responded in the extra parts thread or whatever it’s called. I think he said he was expecting them in about a week.

Awesome dude!  Thanks for the help!

Offline Lepr3chaun

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 20:11:28 »
I clicked on the “extra” google form and it seems a lot different boards are available. I really like the 1800 version. Are they actually available? Seems like there had been shipping delays/issues? Beautiful boards though.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 23:11:13 »
Still on track to send the extras tomorrow Kin? Super excited to see it! Thanks as always.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 08:43:08 »
I'm trying to figure out where my 4 boards are, with Kin or stateside with Popkorn. I was hoping to get them all sent together, with the extra bags. Can you help me out?

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 01:13:52 »
Hi Kin

Did you send out the boards today - you had earlier said you would wend them on 2 March. Thanks!

Offline Daggerfall

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 03:25:44 »
Seing I just found out that Kin is a father of two, I can understand how there can be delays. Especially if the keyboard racket is a serious hobby and not his main occupation.  :D

I'm sure our boards will come soon.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 22:55:28 »
I have all the 108se US orders right now. However, Kin forgot to include PCBs for some of the orders so I cannot ship them yet. I will ship whichever that has everything in its package.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 22:57:05 »
Thanks a lot for the update @popkorn62! Any way we can possibly find out if our package is complete or still waiting for pcbs?

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 23:36:17 »
Thanks a lot for the update @popkorn62! Any way we can possibly find out if our package is complete or still waiting for pcbs?

I have to open each package to know. I know at least 2 don’t have PCBs. I prefer going thru bags order first because it needs less work lol...
==============

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 08:54:35 »

I have to open each package to know. I know at least 2 don’t have PCBs. I prefer going thru bags order first because it needs less work lol...

Do we have a ballpark on keyboards starting to go out?  Hate to be a wet blanket. I’m just thinking of the time it’s going to take to find out who’s short, the week or two for Kin to get the PCB’s to you, and then the week or 2 for you to get the orders to us. We could be looking at quite a bit of additional time.

I appreciate everything you guys have done and I’m not complaining. I know 300 orders has to be quite an undertaking. Especially when people have placed multiple orders for different things and you have to match them all up. Now, you’re shot items. I can only imagine the logistical nightmare.

Just want to kind of have an idea of the timeframe and I’m only asking publicly because it seems like everyone wants info, any info, so they can be up to day.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 09:20:23 »
I received an email today that my bag and springs etc were being sent, but it didn't indicate that the 108se was sent... I guess that means they're being sent separately?

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 09:21:56 »
I received an email today that my bag and springs etc were being sent, but it didn't indicate that the 108se was sent... I guess that means they're being sent separately?
Based on what was said above, there were only a few boxes with boards opened and since those are messed up, they’ve been bumped to the back of the list and won’t even be looked at until all the other orders are sent out.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 09:48:14 »
Thank you for the hard work and keeping us updated popkorn!

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 10:35:44 »

Do we have a ballpark on keyboards starting to go out?  Hate to be a wet blanket. I’m just thinking of the time it’s going to take to find out who’s short, the week or two for Kin to get the PCB’s to you, and then the week or 2 for you to get the orders to us. We could be looking at quite a bit of additional time.

I appreciate everything you guys have done and I’m not complaining. I know 300 orders has to be quite an undertaking. Especially when people have placed multiple orders for different things and you have to match them all up. Now, you’re shot items. I can only imagine the logistical nightmare.

Just want to kind of have an idea of the timeframe and I’m only asking publicly because it seems like everyone wants info, any info, so they can be up to day.

PCBs will be delivered either this Saturday or next Monday.

I am sorry but I misspoke earlier about 108se. I only have some units NOT ALL.
==============

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 10:49:33 »
I will send out an email to anyone whose boards I currently have on hand. I will also let that person know if their order needs to wait for PCB or not.
==============

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 12:52:06 »
Thanks for the updates. I appreciate all the work you guys are having to put into this. If I can help in any way, let me know.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 06:24:45 »
Any updated view when the extra tx108se will be sent? Thanks.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 12:01:33 »
Hi Kin, do you plan on taking new orders anytime soon? Thanks.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 09:55:36 »
Thanks Kin and PK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 10:28:38 »
So I'm definitely missing something because I'm uncertain to how to program the board. I see the screenshot in the first reply to the post but I don't know what software that is. Anybody that can help me out?

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
[Preorder] TX108se (Finished)
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 12:04:20 »
So I'm definitely missing something because I'm uncertain to how to program the board. I see the screenshot in the first reply to the post but I don't know what software that is. Anybody that can help me out?

Please find download links on more recent posts
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 March 2019, 23:30:15 by popkorn62 »
==============

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:21:10 »
Just arrived today, looks gorgeous, a beautiful beast!

215592-0

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:28:30 »

I forgot to post it on our website but here’s the link to download the software: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1fnuo5icewma2m5/AADmjumLcfiB0ENMMvXtUl3ua?dl=0

Sweet thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:29:09 »

(Attachment Link)

Ok, I'll ask  :)).  I have downloaded the software.  Now what?  None of the files I try to open will actually open, besides the picture of the TX logo.  All of the other files ask me to pick a program and none of them work.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:32:17 »

(Attachment Link)

Ok, I'll ask  :)).  I have downloaded the software.  Now what?  None of the files I try to open will actually open, besides the picture of the TX logo.  All of the other files ask me to pick a program and none of them work.

Don't think you meant to ask me - but I'll take a crack at answering. When you download the zip file and extract it, then extract the zip within the first zip, it should create a bunch of files and folders. It looks to me the only exe file to run is called TX_Device.exe

Did you run this file after extracting suo.zip and then extracting the (second) zip file within that?

Offline MTXjunkie

[Preorder] TX108se (closed preorder)
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:38:35 »

(Attachment Link)

Don't think you meant to ask me - but I'll take a crack at answering. When you download the zip file and extract it, then extract the zip within the first zip, it should create a bunch of files and folders. It looks to me the only exe file to run is called TX_Device.exe

Did you run this file after extracting suo.zip and then extracting the (second) zip file within that?

Oops...I copied the wrong person, but I think I tried that. Here’s a pic of what happens when I do that. And none of the programs I can pick from are going to work. IE,  MS store, notepad, paint, WM player, and word pad

I got it.

Well....I figured out how to control some of the lighting.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:51:17 by MTXjunkie »

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 15:32:41 »
Yeah the file you run is tx_device (not tx_device.exe.config <- that's some sort of configuration file for tx_device).

What happens when, in tx_device, you click on the "Custom" tab next to the "Light Effect" tab?

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 15:48:37 »
Yeah the file you run is tx_device (not tx_device.exe.config <- that's some sort of configuration file for tx_device).

What happens when, in tx_device, you click on the "Custom" tab next to the "Light Effect" tab?

Thanks for the info. It’s blank. There’s nothing I can do unless I import a file.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 14:04:48 »
So I just got my tx108se yesterday and I wanted to test the PCB before soldering.

It seems to power, but if I put *any* pressure on the usb port it powers off and resets. The soldering on this part for any level of board isn't great, and certainly not for a TX-branded product.

Kin - can you please suggest what I should do, as every time I move the pcb or keyboard it powers on/off?

Here are pics of the soldering on the usb port.

EDIT: Replacement PCB sent out already, outstanding and proactive response from Kin/TX!

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 March 2019, 11:58:50 by mrpetrov »

Offline ProfCalamitus

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 09:41:13 »

Thanks for the info. It’s blank. There’s nothing I can do unless I import a file.

What kind of file do you think you need to import?  Has anyone made any more progress?

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 09:44:15 »

What kind of file do you think you need to import?  Has anyone made any more progress?

I’m dead in the water.

Offline ProfCalamitus

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 09:54:35 »

I’m dead in the water.

My board shipped out today/tomorrow so I won't be able to experiment until then.  If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to post here

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 09:59:05 »

I’m dead in the water.

My board shipped out today/tomorrow so I won't be able to experiment until then.  If I figure anything out, I'll be sure to post here

Thanks, man.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 23 March 2019, 12:53:09 »
I received my replacement 108se pcb from TX today. It looks so clean and professionally done compared to the first one, and no issues with it resetting if you bump the pcb port or anything. It looks like night and day compared to the first pcb. Great turnaround to fix the issue. Thanks Kin and popkorn!

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 08:44:51 »
Is there a guide anywhere on how to use the flashing software or resetting the board? I tried to flash a board, and I'm not sure if it's bricked?

It's sending random commands over the USB, and I'm not sure what pins to touch together to get it to stop.

Offline ProfCalamitus

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 16:30:44 »
looks like you can only import .txprofile

not sure what to do after that

Offline theraphosa13

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 19:23:54 »
Dumb question: Am I supposed to remove the seemingly excess strips of PCB on the top and bottom of the board. No one here has mentioned it and  I didn’t seem to have anything in the package noting it either? If so is there any clever trick to doing so? The top piece I feel like I can just snap off but the bottom piece feels more sturdy.

Offline ProfCalamitus

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 19:37:04 »
Dumb question: Am I supposed to remove the seemingly excess strips of PCB on the top and bottom of the board. No one here has mentioned it and  I didn’t seem to have anything in the package noting it either? If so is there any clever trick to doing so? The top piece I feel like I can just snap off but the bottom piece feels more sturdy.

I almost asked this question earlier haha.  I was able to snap off both pieces.  you have to make it fit with the case/plate.  The bottom takes a little wiggling

Edit: PS on reddit popkorn said he's reaching out to Kin regarding the programming
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 19:41:12 by ProfCalamitus »

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 23:07:51 »

(Attachment Link)

Oops...I copied the wrong person, but I think I tried that. Here’s a pic of what happens when I do that. And none of the programs I can pick from are going to work. IE,  MS store, notepad, paint, WM player, and word pad
Show Image

I got it.
Show Image

==============

Offline MTXjunkie

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 06:18:47 »

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

I got it.
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Thank you for the screencaps. I’ll have to try it out, but I still have a few questions from the pics. I’ll hold off on asking until I try. They may be self explanatory once I get started.

Offline ProfCalamitus

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 18:33:17 »
Soldered my board this evening, and booted up the TX program.  I was able to program individual keys without having to flash the keyboard.

This is beyond science

Offline popkorn62

• Mekibo
Re: [Preorder] TX108se (Finished)
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 11:14:00 »
Soldered my board this evening, and booted up the TX program.  I was able to program individual keys without having to flash the keyboard.

This is beyond science

I don’t have the board w me to test but kin did say it is very easy and intuitive to use so...
==============

Offline Daggerfall

« Reply #144 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 17:18:39 »
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question:

I've screwed in all my stabilizers and it feels like the plate doesn't flush with the PCB and this feels wrong. Like the plate hovers above the PCB making it really weird to pop in the switches. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure the stabilizers are mounted correctly.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #145 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 17:24:35 »
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with a question:

I've screwed in all my stabilizers and it feels like the plate doesn't flush with the PCB and this feels wrong. Like the plate hovers above the PCB making it really weird to pop in the switches. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure the stabilizers are mounted correctly.
I not sure if I understand it correctly but there is supposed to be a gap between the PCB and the plate. The plate and PCB don't sit flush meaning that they don't touch each other. The switch is fit in a way that only the top stays above the plate while the bottom housing sits between the plate and the PCB with the metal pins going into the holes of the PCB

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Daggerfall

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 17:37:37 »
Ah that's what I needed to know. I was looking at a Wodan vid of him assembling a CP board and it totally looked like the plate and the PCB were touching and so I thought that they had to. I'll go ahead with what I'm doing, thanks a lot man!

Offline Daggerfall

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 11:20:06 »
The plus or T LED on the PCB is flashing like crazy, I've made a film of it here:

Anyone know what to do? I've treated the pcb with the utmost delicacy.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #148 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 11:47:51 »
The plus or T LED on the PCB is flashing like crazy, I've made a film of it here:

Anyone know what to do? I've treated the pcb with the utmost delicacy.

You could reflow the solder for that LED...? Add some flux first and tap on some solder.

Offline Daggerfall

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 02:28:37 »

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

I got it.
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

What happens when I boot up the program is I have that blank page in you second picture, if I do get the prompt about the keyboard software after pressing the Suo button, nothing happens. So I'm basically stuck in the second picture without a keyboard.

The updater doesnt seem to work, it's stil on version 1.7.0.0 after the update. Super frustrating  :(