Author Topic: [GB] Captured Lightning Wrist Rests by Angry Nimbus (Closed)  (Read 62699 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] Captured Lightning Wrist Rests by Angry Nimbus
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 01:17:16 »
This is really cool.... thinking about joining

Offline Angry Nimbus Woodcraft

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 12:31:14 »
Thank you all so much for your patience and the kind words.  The long awaited sample photos are here!  I have added them to the shared album (link below).  I took multiple pictures in direct sunlight, as well as full shade.  I also shot a video with the samples and examples of the raw blanks with different grain patterns so you can see what a full piece will look like, and see how the figure on the maple and walnut come to life when the light hits it.  I was originally on team walnut, but after getting the finish on them, I think the ebonized maple is my new favorite.

Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great weekend!

Video: https://youtu.be/Bw8yvnPrSm8

Full Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3B8MwQCeAtttD1VP6

Natural Pine

Ebonized Pine

Natural Walnut

Natural Maple

Ebonized Maple
***Note: the line of discoloration you see on the face of this sample is due to the uneven surface on the face of the blank.  This was caused by going through the planer, not uneven staining.  Finished pieces will be more uniform***

Link to the group buy page: https://angrynimbuswoodcraft.com/collections/custom-wrist-rests-made-to-order

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 12:35:19 »
Team walnut!

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 13:14:50 »
Team walnut!

The sample piece doesnt show it, but the walnut boards I picked up have some nice figuring as well.  You wont be disappointed.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 14:44:43 »
I got ebonized maple with blue denim, but the video kind of makes me wish I had went for walnut. hmm

Is it possible to change my wood, or cancel my first order and make a new one?
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2019, 14:54:15 by factoryofidols »

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 18:06:24 »
I got ebonized maple with blue denim, but the video kind of makes me wish I had went for walnut. hmm

Is it possible to change my wood, or cancel my first order and make a new one?

I will shoot you a private message to get your order number and see if I can accomodate the change.  At this point all of the lumber I purchased has been milled and cut into blanks, so the production on your order has likely already begun.

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 20:10:37 »
Thanks for the GB! Just before I hit go, what's the colour of the tint on the ebonized rest in your first post? I'm considering going purple, but I'm not sure if that would be too dark with the ebonized wood.

Hey! Sorry I missed this with the update.  The tint on the prototype was a custom color blend of flat teals and purple.  I think the deep velvet will look great with ebonized maple, but if you want some stark contrast, I would go for something a bit lighter to make it pop.  All of the pigment I use are mica powders, so there will be some luster even with dark colored resin.

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 20:57:52 »
Wow that Walnut looks fantastic.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2019, 21:00:27 by AlcoholEnthusiast »

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 08:34:09 »
Can't even express how much I appreciate these updated posts. Love the communication and the hard work!

True. This kind of involvement is not something we often see by even older members of the community and it is most definitely welcome - I'm still waiting to decide on what to order but I also want to mention I'm thankful for the ironing out of all the details when it comes to international shipping, as well as your desire to keep lead times as short as possible despite the massive influx of orders compared to what was initially planned for.

Well done!

Much appreciated! I've been in the community for a while and participated in my fair share of GBs that have been less than stellar so when planning this I wanted to make sure we were as transparent as possible and kept you guys updated. Rob definitely understood this and to his credit decided to join GH and handle a lot of the updates directly which definitely makes my life easy as the GB runner :cool:

Seriously though we can't thank everyone enough for the amazing support. It's been beyond expectations and I can't wait for you guys to get your rests and to see them popping up in pictures!

Also for those of you still waiting to make a decision, tomorrow is your last day!!!!!

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 11:49:36 »
I'm very interested, but having a hard time choosing the resin color for a Walnut rest. I've narrowed it down to Atlantic Blue, Pearlescent White, or Gold Rush. Any suggestions?

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 13:10:08 »

Seriously though we can't thank everyone enough for the amazing support. It's been beyond expectations and I can't wait for you guys to get your rests and to see them popping up in pictures!

Also for those of you still waiting to make a decision, tomorrow is your last day!!!!!

Yes, this can't be overstated.  I am so blown away by the response here, and so appreciative of everyone's support and interest in my work.

Tomorrow is indeed the last day of this group buy.  To be specific, the sale will end at 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time).  After that time the page for the wrist rests will go down for maintenance, and the price will be adjusted to represent my normal labor rate for custom orders.  Any new custom orders (after the group buy) will be on hold until I complete the group buy orders.  Actually, just about everything here is going to be on hold until I complete the group buy orders.  I can't wait to see them finished!

I'm very interested, but having a hard time choosing the resin color for a Walnut rest. I've narrowed it down to Atlantic Blue, Pearlescent White, or Gold Rush. Any suggestions?

Those are all great choices to pair with Walnut.  Of those 3, I would prolly go with the pearl white, followed by the Atlantic Blue.  IMO walnut and pearl white will look great with just about anything. 

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 20:03:29 »
Hey, which resin is it you show at the end of the video from the IC thread? Based on the images from the purchase site, it looks closest to "Wild Plum", is that correct? I wanted a reddish orange, but can't decide if "My Clementine" is my only option for orange, or if the "Wild Plum" actually looks reddish orange, or just brownish red. Any help will help decide which, if any I end up getting, thanks!

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 21:05:21 »
Hey, which resin is it you show at the end of the video from the IC thread? Based on the images from the purchase site, it looks closest to "Wild Plum", is that correct? I wanted a reddish orange, but can't decide if "My Clementine" is my only option for orange, or if the "Wild Plum" actually looks reddish orange, or just brownish red. Any help will help decide which, if any I end up getting, thanks!

The one in the video is wild plum. I think "Merlot" would be a better description, as it reminds of of red wine.  Clementine is very orange, not at all red.  Every monitor displays color a bit differently, so it may look slightly different on your monitor than it does in real life.  Shoot me a message if you have any specific questions or want to send me a pic of your keyboard so I can a suggestion.

Offline BrainBunker

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 04:31:00 »

The one in the video is wild plum. I think "Merlot" would be a better description, as it reminds of of red wine.  Clementine is very orange, not at all red.  Every monitor displays color a bit differently, so it may look slightly different on your monitor than it does in real life.  Shoot me a message if you have any specific questions or want to send me a pic of your keyboard so I can a suggestion.

OK, thanks for that description! If that's the case I'll probably just go with the clementine to make sure I get orange. Looking forward to seeing it in person, as well as all the other ones people ordered when they post pics!

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 06:51:11 »
OK, thanks for that description! If that's the case I'll probably just go with the clementine to make sure I get orange. Looking forward to seeing it in person, as well as all the other ones people ordered when they post pics!

Me too!  Yeah the My Clementine is a solid, bright orange color.  I believe I see your order here, its gonna look awesome with the ebonized maple.

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 11:21:55 »
Just popping in to remind everyone there is just under 12 hours left to get in on the group buy!  The sale will end at 11:59 (EDT) tonight.

Once again I want to thank you all so much for the opportunity to make these wrist rests.  The response here has been amazing and everyone in the community that I have messaged or spoken with has been a pleasure to deal with.  I'm beyond excited to be sending my work around the world to uphold weary wrists and brighten desks & workspaces alongside sweet custom keyboard creations.  I will post updates periodically and add photos to the public album as they become available.  If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 21:25:27 »
These look great. Wishing I had gotten in earlier, but I'm sure they will be worth the wait.

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 22:28:30 »
Thanks for the suggestion and the reminder, I got my order placed in time. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 08:15:38 »
Good Morning everybody!  I have closed the group buy page and taken it down for now.  Once I get everything organized here for the group buy orders, I will modify the page for custom orders and repost it.  Again, any new custom orders will not begin until all of the group buy orders have been completed.  Likewise, I am not taking any outside commission work until I get through these.  The group buy orders have my full attention.

The final tally was 101 wrist rests and I am so thankful for each one of your orders!  As stated previously, these orders will be broken down (and mailed out) in batches of 30.  I think with the last batch, I will simply include the additional 11 units (batch of 41) and mail out the last batch as they become available to reduce individual wait time.  Once I get through a batch, I should have a much better gauge of the actual time it takes to complete these.  At that time I will be able to provide an accurate timeline for subsequent batches.  I will posts updates here from time to time to keep you informed on where I am in the project.  If you have any specific questions, please post them here or shoot me a private message. 

These look great. Wishing I had gotten in earlier, but I'm sure they will be worth the wait.

I super appreciate your order and your patience while I get these all made.  Production on the first batch is already under way and I will be able to update the timeline for subsequent batches once I see how long the first one takes in real-time.

Thanks for the suggestion and the reminder, I got my order placed in time. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

No problem.  Thanks for your support!

Offline Anakey

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 09:13:47 »
Congratulations on the final tally and thank you for being such an engaging and enthusiastic gb runner :)

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 18:09:41 »
Hi everyone! Just popping in with a little update.  I have completed the burns on the first batch of rests and they are now drying in preparation for the next step. When wood gets wet, it tends to warp and twist a bit.  So once they are dry, I will flatten the bottoms of each rest to make them lie perfectly flat again, and then fill the burn channels with resin.  The resin takes several days to completely cure before I can scrape and sand it back before final sanding, edge treatment, staining and finishing.  I put together a quick video of this weeks progress, which you can watch by hitting the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f2X2fWWUoY&feature=youtu.be

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 18:59:25 »
Hi everyone! Just popping in with a little update.  I have completed the burns on the first batch of rests and they are now drying in preparation for the next step. When wood gets wet, it tends to warp and twist a bit.  So once they are dry, I will flatten the bottoms of each rest to make them lie perfectly flat again, and then fill the burn channels with resin.  The resin takes several days to completely cure before I can scrape and sand it back before final sanding, edge treatment, staining and finishing.  I put together a quick video of this weeks progress, which you can watch by hitting the link below.

Thanks for the update. Always so cool seeing these come together!

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Anakey

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 19:00:46 »
Looking good :) I like how you are able to influence the spread and direction of the burns by careful placement of the electrodes.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 19:58:38 »

That's cool as **** I won't lie. Thanks for sharing and again, appreciate the update(s)!

Offline Dark3ndSoulz

Re: [GB] Captured Lightning Wrist Rests by Angry Nimbus (Closed)
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 09:08:20 »
I was third order of that first batch! Excited to see how mine turns out!

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 12:37:57 »
Is the wood stained before the resin is added?  If not, how do you avoid it messing with the resin?

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 14:18:25 »
Thanks for the kind words! I'm excited to get these in stain and resin. 

Looking good :) I like how you are able to influence the spread and direction of the burns by careful placement of the electrodes.

Thanks!  Manipulating probe placement and input amperage, the saturation level of the wood, the concentration of the conductive solution, airflow, grain structure and ambient temp/humidity are all factors that have a role in it.  It doesn't always react how you would expect though.  Each piece of wood has its own pattern that wants to come out.   

Is the wood stained before the resin is added?  If not, how do you avoid it messing with the resin?

For the black, I am using a solvent based dye instead of an oil based stain.  It doesn't leave a residue, so I can lay it down before and/or after the resin is applied.   Once its set in the grain and sanded back, it doesn't bleed out.

Offline Grumms

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 15:10:14 »
Love the videos of the process. Can't wait to get mine :)

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 10:48:53 »
Hey folks!  Popping in with a quick video update.  Last time we saw all of the boards burned, cleaned and clamped to dry.  After a few days drying time, the boards were brought back to the shop.  Although the boards were milled flat and clamped flat while drying, the burn process still causes them to warp a bit.  This is just part of the game when you introduce moisture and heat to raw wooden surfaces. Using the machined surface of my tablesaw as a reference for flatness, each board was hand-planed on the underside to make it flat once again. Then each one is finish sanded on both sides to prepare the surface for resin.  The next step in the process has already begun, but that will be in the next video.  Thanks for checking it out!

https://youtu.be/_SiRXBrnYi8
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 March 2019, 10:51:26 by Angry Nimbus Woodcraft »

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 11:25:32 »
Hey folks!  Popping in with a quick video update.  Last time we saw all of the boards burned, cleaned and clamped to dry.  After a few days drying time, the boards were brought back to the shop.  Although the boards were milled flat and clamped flat while drying, the burn process still causes them to warp a bit.  This is just part of the game when you introduce moisture and heat to raw wooden surfaces. Using the machined surface of my tablesaw as a reference for flatness, each board was hand-planed on the underside to make it flat once again. Then each one is finish sanded on both sides to prepare the surface for resin.  The next step in the process has already begun, but that will be in the next video.  Thanks for checking it out!

Looking good!

Offline TheIceJester

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 14:19:26 »

I gotta be honest. It was worth what I paid for this just to watch the process. I keep watching and wondering which of these little masterpieces is mine.  ;D

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 14:21:56 »
Love the videos and I didn't realize how much work goes into these. Very excited to receive mine.

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 09:38:20 »
I gotta be honest. It was worth what I paid for this just to watch the process. I keep watching and wondering which of these little masterpieces is mine.  ;D

I'm glad you're enjoying the videos, I enjoy making them.  You should be able to narrow down which one is yours in the next video, as they will all be going into stain and resin.

Love the videos and I didn't realize how much work goes into these. Very excited to receive mine.

Thanks!  They are definitely more work than meets the eye.  But the bulk of the work is done now, only a few more processes to get this batch on the road and headed towards your door.

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 12:11:00 »
So cool to see all the videos/updates :) Thanks for those!!

Can't wait to get mine though I was pretty late in joining the GB so i'm probably in that last batch :)
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Jedi

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 14:24:50 »
The communication by OP and the production team is amazing and the details are incredible.  Great job guys! :thumb:

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 15:18:24 »
Wow that ebonized palm is incredible. Is there any chance I could change my order to that from walnut? If not totally understandable i'm sure you've ordered all the wood/stuff based on the GB.

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 09:10:02 »
Wow that ebonized palm is incredible. Is there any chance I could change my order to that from walnut? If not totally understandable i'm sure you've ordered all the wood/stuff based on the GB.

Sorry, but at this point I can no longer make alterations to any orders.  All of the lumber has been purchased, and half of it has already been milled and cut into blanks.  Trust me though, you are not going to be disappointed with the walnut.  I dug through the stacks to find some really pretty boards for this project. 

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 30 March 2019, 12:42:03 »

Sorry, but at this point I can no longer make alterations to any orders.  All of the lumber has been purchased, and half of it has already been milled and cut into blanks.  Trust me though, you are not going to be disappointed with the walnut.  I dug through the stacks to find some really pretty boards for this project.

No problem at all thanks for the reply! I am sure I will love it. I have a few other walnut wrist rests they're awesome!

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 22:09:47 »
Back with another video update! My tired old laptop is really having trouble handling these long videos, so please excuse the rough edit. I can only take so many failed exports before I run the computer through my tablesaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TddtuE2Egkg&feature=youtu.be

Last time we saw the boards being flattened and sanded to prep them for resin.  A lot has happened since then.  Each ebonized order has been "pre-stained" to ensure an even color in the final product.  When the resin is applied, some of it is absorbed into the pores of the wood, which seals them off.  This would prevent the stain from penetrating and result in areas that have no stain at all.  Much of this stain is removed through sanding and scraping later, but I feel its an important step that has a dramatic effect on the end product.  After the stain dried, I poured a whole bunch of resin.  The epoxy I use is a two-part, UV stable, thermo-set plastic.  Once its completely mixed, you have about 10 minutes before it starts to gum up, and fully cures in about 48 hours.  The short pot life means I have to work fast, so I do this in batches (one for each color).  This stuff isn't cheap, so I pour the excess resin into hardwood flooring scraps to make bottle openers and other small items.  Once the resin is fully cured, I move on to cleaning up the top of each board.  Some resin soaks in and some pools on top, but all of the mica powder will lie on top of the wood.  To clean this up and reveal the details I use a card scraper, which leaves a glass-smooth finish that you just cant get with sandpaper, especially on figured wood.

We are nearing the finish line for batch #1 and they are finally starting to look like wrist rests.  I have a few more processes to get through and they will be complete! 

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 00:20:23 »
Hey look! There is mine!

So were your hands sore after using the card scraper?

Do you have a favorite wood type and resin color combination?

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 06:26:14 »
Hey look! There is mine!

So were your hands sore after using the card scraper?

Do you have a favorite wood type and resin color combination?

Yes, all that card scraping is tough on your hands.  I definitely had some sore thumbs after cleaning up all those boards.  I use a fridge magnet on the back of the card to pad it a bit and dissipate the heat, but it still hurts after a while.  Can't beat the finish though!

I think my current favorites from this batch are Walnut/Deep Velvet, Ebonized Maple/Emerald Isles, and natural Maple/Atlantic Blue.  It's hard to pick a favorite TBH.

Offline TheIceJester

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 08:04:05 »
Back with another video update! My tired old laptop is really having trouble handling these long videos, so please excuse the rough edit. I can only take so many failed exports before I run the computer through my tablesaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TddtuE2Egkg&feature=youtu.be

Last time we saw the boards being flattened and sanded to prep them for resin.  A lot has happened since then.  Each ebonized order has been "pre-stained" to ensure an even color in the final product.  When the resin is applied, some of it is absorbed into the pores of the wood, which seals them off.  This would prevent the stain from penetrating and result in areas that have no stain at all.  Much of this stain is removed through sanding and scraping later, but I feel its an important step that has a dramatic effect on the end product.  After the stain dried, I poured a whole bunch of resin.  The epoxy I use is a two-part, UV stable, thermo-set plastic.  Once its completely mixed, you have about 10 minutes before it starts to gum up, and fully cures in about 48 hours.  The short pot life means I have to work fast, so I do this in batches (one for each color).  This stuff isn't cheap, so I pour the excess resin into hardwood flooring scraps to make bottle openers and other small items.  Once the resin is fully cured, I move on to cleaning up the top of each board.  Some resin soaks in and some pools on top, but all of the mica powder will lie on top of the wood.  To clean this up and reveal the details I use a card scraper, which leaves a glass-smooth finish that you just cant get with sandpaper, especially on figured wood.

We are nearing the finish line for batch #1 and they are finally starting to look like wrist rests.  I have a few more processes to get through and they will be complete!

Pretty sure I just saw mine. And it was glorious.

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 08:28:31 »

If you are in the first batch, you have indeed seen yours at some point in the video.  But there are a few duplicate orders, just to keep you guessing.  I'm glad you dig it!

Offline TheIceJester

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 12:11:46 »

If you are in the first batch, you have indeed seen yours at some point in the video.  But there are a few duplicate orders, just to keep you guessing.  I'm glad you dig it!

Oh mine is the only one of its kind! (it appears). Ebonized maple with Pearlescent White at 4:05. Just look at those beautiful markings.... I'm tearing up just lookin' at her. ;)

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 13:19:07 »
Oh mine is the only one of its kind! (it appears). Ebonized maple with Pearlescent White at 4:05. Just look at those beautiful markings.... I'm tearing up just lookin' at her. ;)

You are correct. I'm glad you approve!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 13:32:25 »
These videos are super insightful, I'm glad you keep on posting them.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:55:35 »

Oh, Thanks for pointing that out. I ordered the same combo but am in a later batch :(. Looks great!

Offline rooski15

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 16:47:53 »

You are correct. I'm glad you approve!

I have to say, when I joined I thought these were pretty cool. After seeing your updates and videos and communication, this is easily among the coolest projects I've participated in! Thank you so much!

Excited to see the maple-denim and how it comes out. :)

• Angry Nimbus Woodcraft
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 21:01:28 »
Hey everybody, I don't have a full video for this update, but I do have an update!  I hit a few snags last week that slowed up production, but all the first batch are recieving the final coats of finish and will be ready to ship very soon.  I strained my back last week and lost some time in the shop, and I spent a lot more time than expected restaining all of the ebonized orders to get them just right.  The bottom side is the first to get finished, and the last coat went on earlier today.  Tomorrow morning I can flip them over and start on the 3-4 coats of finish to complete them.  These boards were very thirsty, and the bottom side ended up getting 4 coats, so the tops will likely be the same.  I am really happy with how they are coming out, and I will get some pics up ASAP once they are finished.  All of the packaging materials are here and ready to go, so that will be a quick step at the end to get them on the way.  If they don't go out Friday, it will be Monday morning.  Once they are shipped I will update all of the orders with tracking info, and you should receive an email notification.

I had a few people ask me about bump-ons, so I went ahead and ordered a bulk package.  These were not part of the original design, but your package will include a loose set of  four 3M SJ5302 Bump-ons, which you can choose to attach at your discretion.  If you like the rest as is, then you have them for something else!  Just a little thank you for being an awesome bunch.  I also got some sweet stickers printed out, and you will be getting one of those as well.

I took a quick phone video to show you what things are looking like in the shop.  This is the underside of the wrist rests with finish that is almost completely dry:
https://youtu.be/bV2n210WmuU

I'm going to wait on editing the rest of the video until these are in the mail and production on the second batch is underway.  I have a few ideas to speed up production on the next batches, but I think the timeline will be similar to the first batch which was a little over a month.  These are taking a lot more hours than I expected, but I want to ensure every one is the best quality that I can produce.  I will continue to provide updates with the next batch, but I might skip filming some of the more repetitive parts as that takes quite a bit of time on top of the work to be done.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 22:25:13 »
oooooooooo!!!!!

Shiny!!!! But what a tease only showing the undersides  :p