Author Topic: [IC]GMK Camping r2 (GB is up!)  (Read 134089 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC]GMK Camping r2 (update 23/08: kit design rev 3 with Latin alpha kit)
« Reply #300 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:11:34 »
Since Latin alphas will be provided, I'm renaming this to Camping r2 which is more logical and to avoid confusions in the future.

Can we keep the signature as is? :P

Offline delet_d

« Reply #301 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:50:26 »
Suggestion: make the numpad a separate kit to lower base kit price

Offline Hell-es

Asking for kobe kit will probably be too much  :cool:.?

Please... :(

Just joking - i‘m really happy with sub legends ;)

No offense meant

Waiting for GB start  :thumb:

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #303 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 16:39:57 »
Since Latin alphas will be provided, I'm renaming this to Camping r2 which is more logical and to avoid confusions in the future.

Can we keep the signature as is? :P

I'm keeping it

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #304 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 22:08:47 »
This is great! But wouldn't it make sense to have latin alphas in the base, and hiragana sub-legends in a separate kit? That way, R1 owners can get the hiragana kit and new novelties, without buying the other base kit keys.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #305 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 22:50:54 »
This is great! But wouldn't it make sense to have latin alphas in the base, and hiragana sub-legends in a separate kit? That way, R1 owners can get the hiragana kit and new novelties, without buying the other base kit keys.
And for the rest of us who find latin alphas boring and prefer hiragana?
Goddamn, I hope OP wouldn't cave to these R1 buyers' demands again. Camping In Japan was such a great theme and should not be squandered by this sort of committee design.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #306 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 23:43:46 »
Goddamn, I hope OP wouldn't cave to these R1 buyers' demands again. Camping In Japan was such a great theme and should not be squandered by this sort of committee design.

As someone who prefers the Hiragana alphas I see no harm in adding an additional kit for those that want Latin alphas.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 00:04:17 »

BRO you don't even have to BUY the Latin alphas lmao

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #308 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 00:18:10 »

BRO you don't even have to BUY the Latin alphas lmao

I believe he’s saying that he doesn’t want hiragana as an add on

Offline Sigil

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 00:27:53 »
This set is looking really nice. Any chance for a mod-colored "`~" key, for symmetry?

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #310 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 01:58:28 »
Slept on the first set, definitely won't on this one. I love the Japanese camping theme; it's something I've always wanted to do when I visit there.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #311 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 02:33:36 »

If you read through the whole thread, Hiragana was the initial intention of this run.
And since it is Japan themed, Hiragana makes more sense in the base.
A separated Latin alphas kit is the last thing I can do for those who prefer Latin alphas.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #312 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 04:05:54 »
my info might be outdated, but when I last checked with GMK they only offered japanese sublegends if the alphas were part of the core kit, not an addon kit (that would have to be kobe as an addon).

Someone correct me if this has changed since I checked with them :)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #313 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 04:11:34 »
my info might be outdated, but when I last checked with GMK they only offered japanese sublegends if the alphas were part of the core kit, not an addon kit (that would have to be kobe as an addon).

Pretty sure that's currently not the case, I don't see why they would prohibit that. Maybe that was back when the legends weren't made yet and it made it cost prohibitive or so?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #314 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 05:33:38 »

Pretty sure that's currently not the case, I don't see why they would prohibit that. Maybe that was back when the legends weren't made yet and it made it cost prohibitive or so?

Nope, that was when I was looking to get quotes for GMK Oasis (Laser already dropped and shipped so they had the molds).

Offline BeHell

« Reply #315 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 07:27:55 »
Great to see the latin alphas. The only thing I am still missing are the mountain novelties from R1. But maybe someone who was there when R1 happened will give them to me, we will see.
Great set.

Offline Esheu2

« Reply #316 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 07:37:18 »
I have to say that, now that this is camping r2, I would prefer latin alphas in the base kit and the hiragana in an add on kit. Not a huge deal either way.
Ojou

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #317 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 08:07:53 »
I have to say that, now that this is camping r2, I would prefer latin alphas in the base kit and the hiragana in an add on kit.

He has already said this will not happen ^^ he wants to stick with his first idea of Japan, please people stop requesting that :P

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #318 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 08:08:54 »

Are you referring to a hiragana kit like gmk vaporwave had?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #319 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 08:10:53 »

Thanks :D that's the kit and looks like my info is indeed outdate (was a year ago). I found that weird that GMK refused to run a kit with japanese sublegends but I'm glad they came back on their idea :D

Offline crd

• Discord: crd#7617
« Reply #320 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 09:42:37 »
I can appreciate the designer’s vision even if it doesn’t match my personal tastes. However, as a potential consumer of this set I am thrilled to see the addition of Latin alphas because I was very unlikely to support the project without them.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #321 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 15:38:20 »
If you read through the whole thread, Hiragana was the initial intention of this run.
And since it is Japan themed, Hiragana makes more sense in the base.
A separated Latin alphas kit is the last thing I can do for those who prefer Latin alphas.

Totally appreciate this. And honestly, even though I'm not a fan of hiragana sublegends, when I saw WoB's Hiragana only alphas, I think it looks great.
This is another legendary set in the making.
Jae and Brian mentioned it in Top Clack, but with all the new sets coming out at a crazy fast rate, their isn't as much need for sets to be re-run. However, there are certain sets that should just be available all the time--like WoB, Minimal, etc.
I think Camping and HFO are sets that should be like that, too, because their popularity isn't based on hype but just really good, universally-liked design.

Offline varzaman

« Reply #322 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 18:02:26 »
With the inclusion of Latin, I'm in!

Offline chive_

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 19:37:35 »
I feel like two "base" kits (one with the Hiragana sublegends and one with the Latin legends only) would both meet MOQ, have you considered doing two separate kits there?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 15:25:48 »

Thanks :D that's the kit and looks like my info is indeed outdate (was a year ago). I found that weird that GMK refused to run a kit with japanese sublegends but I'm glad they came back on their idea :D

Np! It's a fantastic kit, probably won't happen for this gb since it'll stay in the base most likely

« Reply #325 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 16:39:59 »
Just got R1 Camping a few days ago, will probably grab everything but the actual base kit/latin alpha kit funnily enough, hope this gets going sooner than later.

Offline axios67

« Reply #326 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 18:33:43 »
Suggestion: make the numpad a separate kit to lower base kit price

Seconded

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #327 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 19:21:23 »
people just want to buy GMK Camping r1 at GB price, lol

should have keep this as Camping In Japan.  :rolleyes:

kingnestea, people will keep complaining until you put the latin alpha in the base, same for separating the the numpad.

I think you should change this IC back to "Camping In Japan" and remove the latin alpha kit.

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #328 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 19:40:59 »

kingnestea, people will keep complaining until you put the latin alpha in the base, same for separating the the numpad.

I think you should change this IC back to "Camping In Japan" and remove the latin alpha kit.

Eh, removing things will just increase the complaints. And I think he's made it plenty clear by now that offering the latin alphas is just a way to boost sales of the base kit. But I don't really see either the numpad splitting off or the latin alphas in the base kit happening. Neither of those things will really increase sales for the intended base kit.

I do agree that people are just trying to get a 2nd run of the original Camping set, but there's no point in trying to stop that IMO. The people who already bought R1 are less likely to buy this, so it's pretty important to get the people who missed out before on board now.

Offline roasted_cherry

« Reply #329 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 20:34:26 »
I would buy if Latin Alphas base kit is included.

Offline ctrlshiftba

• ctrlshiftba
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 21:30:50 »
Mostly interested if Latin makes it into base set which I’m sure won’t happen. With all the great sets now coming out not gonna drop close to $200 just to add Latin and cover a %60 the way I want.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 22:59:49 »

I do agree that people are just trying to get a 2nd run of the original Camping set, but there's no point in trying to stop that IMO. The people who already bought R1 are less likely to buy this, so it's pretty important to get the people who missed out before on board now.

I think the most ppl who speaks out here because the base kit design doesn't satisfy them, but they don't represent the silent majority.
I also see camping r1 owners expressing interest in this. As a owner of r1, this is what I think I'm missing from the set, you can disagree but I believe there are ppl who share the same vision as I do.
I think you are not pretty understanding my position, if I have to re-run the same stuff of r1, I'd rather just drop the run.
re-running the same stuff is imo milking the set but no innovation, I totally understand if you do not dig this version of Camping, but please stop asking for a re-run of r1 stuff.
Because that's not something I want to do, I hope you understand.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 23:18:36 »
The last update looks great to me.

Offline cari

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 23:27:55 »
I would fall into the silent majority. I know that you're still sticking with your original intention but I decide to leave a comment because apparently not voicing your opinion during IC does affect the outcome of the GB.

I don't find that it was necessary for you to change the IC to GMK Camping R2. I think the Camping in Japan theme is really cute and fun. By offering latin alpha kit, it already satisfied the possible buyers who want them and a win-win situation for current design of the base kit.  Obviously it means latin buyers would be paying more but I'm sure current base kit + alpha kit comes out less than the aftermarket price of current existing GMK Camping. And thinking positively if this GB barely meets MOQ because people decide to pass it for not having latin alpha in base, I'm sure it will end up being in a high demand keyset (a bad comparison, but look at Bento  :))).

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 23:29:46 »
I missed out on the first round. I'm in luck though because I prefer Gaijin aesthetically anyway! Count me in.

Also, would love a 1u shift in the base kit!

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 23:47:02 »
I would fall into the silent majority. I know that you're still sticking with your original intention but I decide to leave a comment because apparently not voicing your opinion during IC does affect the outcome of the GB.

I don't find that it was necessary for you to change the IC to GMK Camping R2. I think the Camping in Japan theme is really cute and fun. By offering latin alpha kit, it already satisfied the possible buyers who want them and a win-win situation for current design of the base kit.  Obviously it means latin buyers would be paying more but I'm sure current base kit + alpha kit comes out less than the aftermarket price of current existing GMK Camping. And thinking positively if this GB barely meets MOQ because people decide to pass it for not having latin alpha in base, I'm sure it will end up being in a high demand keyset (a bad comparison, but look at Bento  :))).

I changed the IC to Camping r2 because I think it is more sequential in the future when ppl talk about Camping.
Thank you for speaking out, that's really helpful.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 23:48:20 »
I missed out on the first round. I'm in luck though because I prefer Gaijin aesthetically anyway! Count me in.

1u shift for which layout?

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 23:58:33 »

Probably ortho, in which case getting the Novelties would be a better idea.

Offline Rejeckted

• Fe, Fi, Fo, Fum... I smell Kraft dinnah
« Reply #338 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 01:04:41 »

60% (GK64 PCB)

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 01:49:40 »
Again, great that you stick to your ideas - i see this is an IC, but some ppl put it quite far.

Its nice that you don‘t just do a re run, even if i would also like to have r1 noveltys.

Great fan of the sub legends, that why i also bought bento.

Offline henrysharoop

« Reply #340 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 03:48:53 »
with r1 novelties it would be perfect!

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #341 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 06:56:18 »

I think you are not pretty understanding my position, if I have to re-run the same stuff of r1, I'd rather just drop the run.
That's exactly the thing I was trying to point out to the guy I was quoting ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For the record, I am very happy that this isn't just a rerun of R1. Changing everything up keeps the set fresh. Adding in Latin alphas as a kit is fine since it will increase sales of the base kit and hopefully make it cheaper for everyone, but I wouldn't like everything to be the same as before.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 08:45:59 »
with r1 novelties it would be perfect!

:facepalm:

Its about moving the design forward, not backwards.

Like adding hiragana only alphas (kobe)

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #343 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 02:03:03 »
Renders by Janglad with Dharma

« Last Edit: Sat, 31 August 2019, 02:05:14 by kingnestea »

Offline stevenT

« Reply #344 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 07:11:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Probably just my idea but I don't think we need more than 1 color of spacebar, how about removing white one and keep red one only?

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #345 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 10:16:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Probably just my idea but I don't think we need more than 1 color of spacebar, how about removing white one and keep red one only?

Don‘t think this is a good idea, there should always be space in alpha background color.

Still hope for green iso enter next to red one (or other way round ;))

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #346 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 19:47:42 »
Now looking up Dharma....

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #347 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 05:42:23 »
Forcing people into an accent colored spacebar? HELL NO! Wrong idea that one.

Offline theasian

« Reply #348 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 11:27:37 »
I'm in

Offline JackieX

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 02 September 2019, 05:18:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Could I request the numpad area with arrow sub-legend together with number 2,4,6,8.
I found some GMK set have this sub legend, but GMK Camping row 1 dont have it.