Author Topic: List of Keyboards using Kailh switches  (Read 42182 times)

Offline FoxWolf1

List of Keyboards using Kailh switches
« on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 09:45:23 »
Figure this could become a useful reference. Additions (or subtractions) are more than welcome!

NOTE 1: There exist, at this time, several manufacturers of MX-compatible switches. This list specifically pertains to Kailh switches (Kaihua Electronics Co., Ltd.), and is not meant as a list of all keyboards containing MX-compatible or MX-style switches. Thus, exclusion from this list is not a guarantee that a keyboard is using Cherry switches. Also, the list is currently incomplete, and will require further additions (and possibly subtractions) before reaching a fully dependable state.

NOTE 2: I'm pretty far behind on list updates at the moment. So, for the time being at least, this list should not be regarded as complete.

Known
Razer BlackWidow 2014
Newmen GM-10
Genius M1
Genius Quake 87
Genius Quake 104
Zalman K500
Shogun Bros Cross Blade ("Mixed Stroke" version)
ViewSonic V1
Armaggeddon Strike Eagle MKI-3
TT Poseidon Z
Some Max Keyboard customs (when specified by customer?)
Tesoro Lobera Supreme (will probably also carry Max Keyboard branding in the future)
Rapoo V7
Rapoo KX
Xenics Scorpius M10tfl
Rosewill RGB80 (identical in every visible way to the previous)
QPAD MK-10 (M10tfl variant, this time with a white color scheme)
Nixeus Moda (yet another GM-10 variant)
Keycool kc87 (2014- )
Rapoo V500
V-OX G11
Noppoo Lolita Spyder 87 / 87 LED

Suspected, but NOT confirmed -- Do not assume that these have Kailh switches until it can be proven!
Noppoo Lolita 87 identified as Gaote Cherry MX clones, though the "Spyder" version does use Kailh
Delux T20 (8 mechanical keys, with domes otherwise; originally used MX switches under switch covers for the 8 keys. Recent website images, however, show yellow switches, and Delux is listed as a Kailh partner. Listed as "suspected" because the switch covers prevent getting a good look at the thing. Some sellers may still have units with MX Red switches as of this edit.)
Aula Ghost King 87/104
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 February 2015, 23:32:01 by FoxWolf1 »
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: List of Keyboards using Kailh switches
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 14:05:53 »
Noppoo Lolita? That has to be the worst name for a keyboard ever.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 14:21:12 »
At least its 87 not 69.
#maturity out the window

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 14:32:42 »
I think they should at least release an ISO version.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 15:00:24 »

That's a strange one. Sources apparently all point towards Dongguan Gaote (who perform final assembly of Matias switches), but the MX clone switches on their website are very different. These are the ones from the Noppoo Lolita:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Gaote_Cherry_MX_clone

Regardless of whoever makes them, they look nothing like Kaihua (Kailh) switches.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 08 March 2014, 15:07:29 »

That's a strange one. Sources apparently all point towards Dongguan Gaote (who perform final assembly of Matias switches), but the MX clone switches on their website are very different. These are the ones from the Noppoo Lolita:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Gaote_Cherry_MX_clone

Regardless of whoever makes them, they look nothing like Kaihua (Kailh) switches.

Thanks! Now crossed off on the list.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 05:20:38 »
Is this a list of the keyboards that noobs should stay away? It's already not exclusive to Kailh, so might as well add all those other crap models that we don't want noobs to buy.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline mougrim

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 07:51:46 »
At lest now someone has Lolita which he can bang all the way he wants and not get jailed for it :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 08:06:26 »
The Genius M1 is strange — Kaihua reds for most keys, but Cherry MX Black for the arrows and WASD:

http://www.banggood.com/Genius-M1-Mechanical-Keyboard-Kailh-Switch+Cherry-MX-Black-Switch-p-78798.html

Forces cited thus:

Kailh switch: 45g
Cherry MX Black switch: 60g

It must feel really odd to type on a keyboard where four of the letter keys are 33% stiffer than the surrounding keys!

I'll check out everything in the list in and update the keyboard list on this page:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Kaihua_PG1511_series

Interestingly, Kaihua PG1511 red is cited by Kaihua as 50 g, not the 45 g given for the Genius M1 by Banggood.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 08:40:06 »
At lest now someone has Lolita which he can bang all the way he wants and not get jailed for it :)

HIYOOOOOOOOOO
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 09 March 2014, 11:19:56 »
The Genius M1 is strange — Kaihua reds for most keys, but Cherry MX Black for the arrows and WASD:

http://www.banggood.com/Genius-M1-Mechanical-Keyboard-Kailh-Switch+Cherry-MX-Black-Switch-p-78798.html

Forces cited thus:

Kailh switch: 45g
Cherry MX Black switch: 60g

It must feel really odd to type on a keyboard where four of the letter keys are 33% stiffer than the surrounding keys!

I'll check out everything in the list in and update the keyboard list on this page:

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Kaihua_PG1511_series

Interestingly, Kaihua PG1511 red is cited by Kaihua as 50 g, not the 45 g given for the Genius M1 by Banggood.

If it helps, here are some images for some the keyboards on the "known" list but not on the Deskthority wiki:

Razer BlackWidow 2014 (notice Kailh logo on switch):

Genius Quake 87/104:

TT Poseidon Z:

Tesoro Lobera Supreme (hard to make out the switches, but widely acknowledged as Kailh):

A Max Keyboard custom using Kailh switches (might have been requested by the customer):

Rapoo KX:

Genius M1, ViewSonic V1, Newmen GM-10, Shogun Bros Cross Blade, Armaggeddon MKI-3, and Zalman K500 are all part of the same family, and very similar to one another. For the Shogun Bros board, the "mixed stroke" version seems to be the same as Genius M1 (they say, "8 Black Germany Cherry MX Mechanical Keys + Rest Ka"), while the "league edition" claims only Cherry MX Black.

V1:

MKI-3:

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:38:31 »
Very useful list for me. Thanks. :))
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:41:59 »
Good list.

This could also be used as a "learning to swap switches? buy one of these" list.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline morpheus

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 11:37:44 »

Hahaha  :D

Offline QWERTim

• QWERKeys
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 02:59:34 »
Useful list! I'll let you know if anything comes up at my review site.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:42:59 »
My version of the Tesoro Lobera Supreme Edition uses Kailh Black Switches, which feel a lil bit heavier than the normal Cherry MX Black switches. Besides that, it does has a new modification of Kailh switches which supports a 5mm RGB LED.

I'll be making a review of it soon, but what I do know so far is that it is also produced by iOne.

Anyways, here's a few pictures of mine disasssembled, I'll take more pictures for the review too:

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

What I can say is that the soldering isn't all that bad as iOne is known for. I only found 3 spots that seemed to have some problems, but all had signs that someone had already resoldered to prevent future problems, although there was some solder spill on the left CTRL key's LED and two solder joints almost got connected.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 June 2014, 18:48:25 by wetto »
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 19:03:08 »
Hm...I haven't updated this list in a while. I'll have to take a moment to check for necessary additions/changes when I've got the time to do it properly...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 19:09:48 »
Anyone else heard of or even better had hands on with Aula Ghost King? They can be had for about $45 so I was thinking maybe not too bad to try Kailh on the cheap.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 19:51:07 »
Anyone else heard of or even better had hands on with Aula Ghost King? They can be had for about $45 so I was thinking maybe not too bad to try Kailh on the cheap.

Is there proof that Aula's self-branded switches are Kailh-manufactured? The stats are suggestive, sure, but there are a lot of companies out there making MX compatible switches these days, so it's hard to be certain without a lot of evidence...

If not, I can list it under the "possibles" rather than "known" section.

Offline mouse.the.lucky.dog

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 20:17:48 »

Is there proof that Aula's self-branded switches are Kailh-manufactured? The stats are suggestive, sure, but there are a lot of companies out there making MX compatible switches these days, so it's hard to be certain without a lot of evidence...

Is there an alternate to Cherry and Kailh? I know OTM/Noppoo but they are just now hitting the streets.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 21:00:18 »

Is there an alternate to Cherry and Kailh? I know OTM/Noppoo but they are just now hitting the streets.

Off the top of my head, in addition to Cherry and Kailh, there's also Greetech, Gaote (they make the Noppoo switch), Gateron...you can probably find a bunch more with a quick look on alibaba.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:04:47 »
Not really sure honestly... it's hard for me to tell some of these MX clones apart

Can't find other picture now... the keyboard has one of those plastic spill guard things covers the switches so it's really hard to see.

Offline dante

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:20:38 »
I'm *really* interested in trying out the Noppoo Topre clones.  Capacitive + POM keycaps.. Awww yea....

Offline mouse.the.lucky.dog

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:39:22 »
Not really sure honestly... it's hard for me to tell some of these MX clones apart
Can't find other picture now... the keyboard has one of those plastic spill guard things covers the switches so it's really hard to see.

If they don't say Cherry, then 99% chance they are not Cherry.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:46:23 »
This should be wiki-fied somewhere :thumb: (although tbh I never visit the GH wiki due to not having much info I'm interested in *blush*).

A very useful list to have for reference.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 22:06:32 »
Let's see if 6 months from now we start getting lots of complaints on this thread. 'Kailh died again! Who has a Kailh x color switch to sell me?'
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 09:15:11 »

If they don't say Cherry, then 99% chance they are not Cherry.

Well yes of course I have no confusion what so ever that these are not real MX Cherry switch. But what I don't know is if they are in fact made by Kailh, or Gaote or whoever else is making MX copy.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 23:10:04 »
Quick edit done. Still lots of MX-compatible keyboards out there in need of switch identification, so this list is in no way complete at the moment.

Offline zerou.se7en

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:52:50 »
QPAD MK-10 uses Kailh RGB switch, source:
More

But QPAD isn't listing this keyboard on their homepage, is it exclusive for Chinese market?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 14:19:09 »
If we are raising this from the dead, all KC boards now use Kalih switches, even the KC22 numpad.

Just opted in for one on Massdrop so I shall provide feedback.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 07:57:52 »
Truly Ergonomic is apparently switching to Kailh as well, according to this post at Deskthority. Yet another reason not to get one…

Offline psyEDk

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 05:39:27 »
Suspected, but NOT confirmed -- Do not assume that these have Kailh switches until it can be proven!
Rapoo V500

Confirmed. Rapoo v500 has Kailh yellow switches.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 06:29:47 »
Rapoo V500

Here's some proof.

found here:
http://imgur.com/a/MPxer
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 24 January 2015, 08:00:45 »
Rapoo V500

Here's some proof.
Show Image

found here:
http://imgur.com/a/MPxer

Updated.

Lots more keyboards seem to have come out since the last time I did a significant update to the list. I'll have to do some more compiling sometime when I have a bunch of free time. For now, though, if there's something that you know should go on the list, and you have proof (preferably images of the switches showing Kailh markings), feel free to post and I'll put it on when I have a chance.

Offline phoebe-love

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 11:46:10 »
Hi , I'm new to this forum. Typing this reply using Rapoo V500. It is my first mechanical keyboard and it feels great. I am a macbook user and hated that keyboard. Tested many other mechanical keyboards, this one gives me the best tactile feedback and half the price of the cheapest Ducky.
 :D

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 19:17:48 »
Hi , I'm new to this forum. Typing this reply using Rapoo V500. It is my first mechanical keyboard and it feels great. I am a macbook user and hated that keyboard. Tested many other mechanical keyboards, this one gives me the best tactile feedback and half the price of the cheapest Ducky.
 :D

Welcome to GH!

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your V500! hope you get to try/buy a korean custom or any custom in the near future =)

Also, although not Kailh switches i think we should mention that the new Das Keyboard 4C ultimate/professionals use Greetech switches
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline xuanwumen

• * Commercial Vendor
    • EZKB
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 15 February 2015, 22:59:02 »
New Noppoo Lolita Spyder 87 and Spyder 87 LED versions with kailh switch. (not noppoo lolita version)
NIZ KEYBOARDS VENDOR