Author Topic: [GB] Lumberjack PCB - Extras Available  (Read 43302 times)

Offline Deviculus

Re: [GB] Lumberjack PCB - Extras Available
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 10:28:03 »
Just got my extra buy in and took it on a super scuff "test run" (aka I stuck switches on it on my deskmat and pulled the keycaps off my current board). Just off looks alone this was one of my endgames, and now having played around with it a little bit? I don't think I'm ever going back to standard layouts. This is just such a nice design. Having the hands apart that little bit is way comfier, and ortholinear has my fingers flying around the keyboard much less. So excited to get these finished and turned into daily drivers!

Glad to hear you enjoyed moving away from row stagger! Next step would be trying a split keyboard with column stagger!  :cool: Thats where I'm currently at as of the moment.

I moved from standard layout to planck, and I even typed using the ergoplanck method of having my pinkies rest on the outermost columns. Trying out a split keyboard made me reach new levels of comfort with how I could have my hands further from one another. Doing the ergoplanck method on the lumberjack feels all the more comfy, and i don't see myself touching my planck even more so anymore. Though my split is what I find the most comfy, I'm enjoying the lumberjack way too much to go back to it. Loving the sound and I love playing with my new toy, so that takes priority over the comfort I have with my split. The lumberjack is definitely gonna be the board I use outside of my home going forward.

Offline TheWonderBubble

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 11:34:38 »
Just got my extra buy in and took it on a super scuff "test run" (aka I stuck switches on it on my deskmat and pulled the keycaps off my current board). Just off looks alone this was one of my endgames, and now having played around with it a little bit? I don't think I'm ever going back to standard layouts. This is just such a nice design. Having the hands apart that little bit is way comfier, and ortholinear has my fingers flying around the keyboard much less. So excited to get these finished and turned into daily drivers!

Glad to hear you enjoyed moving away from row stagger! Next step would be trying a split keyboard with column stagger!  :cool: Thats where I'm currently at as of the moment.

I moved from standard layout to planck, and I even typed using the ergoplanck method of having my pinkies rest on the outermost columns. Trying out a split keyboard made me reach new levels of comfort with how I could have my hands further from one another. Doing the ergoplanck method on the lumberjack feels all the more comfy, and i don't see myself touching my planck even more so anymore. Though my split is what I find the most comfy, I'm enjoying the lumberjack way too much to go back to it. Loving the sound and I love playing with my new toy, so that takes priority over the comfort I have with my split. The lumberjack is definitely gonna be the board I use outside of my home going forward.

Sofle V2 is the plan. :cool: The lumberjack will likely become my at-work board, I alternate between WFH and in-office (or both in one day) but my in-office work would likely make a split more of a nuisance than an advantage with my desk setup there. There's some games I'd probably want the lumberjack for at home as well just to have all the keys on one board.

We'll see! Half the fun of keyboards I'm learning is in experimentation.
Shhhhh...my wallet doesn't know I'm here.

Offline Deviculus

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 13:46:17 »

Sofle V2 is the plan. :cool: The lumberjack will likely become my at-work board, I alternate between WFH and in-office (or both in one day) but my in-office work would likely make a split more of a nuisance than an advantage with my desk setup there. There's some games I'd probably want the lumberjack for at home as well just to have all the keys on one board.

We'll see! Half the fun of keyboards I'm learning is in experimentation.

That was also my motivation for the lumberjack! I've been playing games on keyboards without numrows. I was able to make do, but I wanted to try using a numrow for games again and see how it felt. I posted a picture earlier, but I got a wooden case that has a cover, so it'll be really handy when working in a coffee shop (when it becomes normal again over here anyways).

Offline delvix

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 05:47:10 »
Is there a .dxf plate file for this board? I usually use the swilkb builder to generate plate files but for some reason it's not working correctly and I can't cut the hole for the mounting screws

Offline peej

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 15:02:24 »
Is there a .dxf plate file for this board?

I exported the relevant layers from KiCad and plotted them as a DXF. You'll probably want to adjust some things to your liking, but the switch and standoff holes should be correctly positioned.

Offline Extra Fox

• quis qui sais
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 23:17:07 »
Hi @peej, I might have hit a similar snag as another. Although I am getting the board to be recognized as a USB device, Windows can't determine what kind of device it is.

So either I need a different driver for this chipset (which seems unlikely) or perhaps the MCU isn't flashed? I've got a AVR Programmer on it's way, but maybe in the meantime if you wouldn't mind helping me troubleshoot, I'd be very grateful.
You can hit me up on Discord if that's easier (same user name).
A-a-ron

Offline delvix

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 05:37:12 »
Is there a .dxf plate file for this board?

I exported the relevant layers from KiCad and plotted them as a DXF. You'll probably want to adjust some things to your liking, but the switch and standoff holes should be correctly positioned.

Ah that's perfect thank you so much!

Offline Deviculus

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 10:52:40 »
Anyone having issues flashing it via qmk msys? I get  the following error when I try to flash the keyboard. It was working fine when I had flashed it using qmk toolbox before, but for some reason qmk toolbox isn't opening for me anymore. Due to this, I've been using qmk msys for all my flashing lately.

Offline Darth_munkee

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 17:05:11 »
Anyone having issues flashing it via qmk msys? I get  the following error when I try to flash the keyboard. It was working fine when I had flashed it using qmk toolbox before, but for some reason qmk toolbox isn't opening for me anymore. Due to this, I've been using qmk msys for all my flashing lately.

Not sure about that error, but with QMK Toolbox, try unplugging anything that runs QMK after trying to open it. It should pop up and work like it's supposed to after that and you can plug everything back in.

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 10:48:03 »
I'm hooked and want more PCBs!

When's R2?  :D

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 07:59:48 »
Finally was able to finish my second kit. The first one (the one I wanted to give away) did not work out for some reason, still bug hunting there (vcc and gnd short, which I just cannot find the reason for). But here is my proper build:
  • Walnut case with center posts removed and o-ring mod, plateless
  • Gazzew U4T switches
  • Rama Grid caps

I am very happy with the board and especially the layout of the lumberjack. It is the most comfortable ortho board I have, for sure.

Offline Extra Fox

• quis qui sais
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 17:11:33 »
Well done!
A-a-ron

Offline pixelboy14

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 02:11:46 »
finally got my extras from ThocKeys! Cheers! very accommodating and a pleasure to deal with.

got myself Red and will be giving the White to my SO. I keep coming back to this thread just to look at all the beautiful builds!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 19:46:25 »
Typing this slowly on my white usb micro extra that I got from thockkeys :) Old TEX case, Durock T1s and using a mashup of DSA Granite and 2u GMK spacebars (yuck) while I wait in that sweet ePBT 6085!

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 08:42:35 »
I build mine today its perfect well almost perfect until i noticed that the letter Q is northfacing for some reason what has interference with Cherry profile. I guess nothing can be perfect in life.

I will post a picture in a bit though it looks cool

Edit:

My feedback for revision 2 if it ever will be made

It took me a while to realize this but, the PCB is warped what causes some keys to misalign big see above picture top right key. I found out because of the warp the key misaligns if you fully screw in the PCB(See picture top right of the keyboard). A stiff plate is a must or you need a different PCB manufacturer that doesn't make warped PCB's.

« Last Edit: Mon, 09 August 2021, 12:58:09 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline ravenousrhino

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 07:15:00 »
Does anybody know if the PCB would work in a B-Box60? I'm thinking of putting a white PCB in the Tianwen Box60. It looks like I could screw in the middle hole. And it looks like I would have to modify the outlet in the back to accommodate a mini-usb since that's the kit I got.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #166 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 18:04:02 »
Does anybody know if the PCB would work in a B-Box60? I'm thinking of putting a white PCB in the Tianwen Box60. It looks like I could screw in the middle hole. And it looks like I would have to modify the outlet in the back to accommodate a mini-usb since that's the kit I got.

It would work but the pcb is banana shaped the black one and the red one is warped on the right so one or two sides will bow up if that makes sense. At least with my units
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 August 2021, 18:50:33 by Sup »
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline ravenousrhino

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 15 August 2021, 02:50:14 »

It would work but the pcb is banana shaped the black one and the red one is warped on the right so one or two sides will bow up if that makes sense. At least with my units

I've been looking at all the BBOX60 images available and I realized that the white and orange one I want has a different layout at the bottom for the screws. There wouldn't be anywhere for me to screw the pcb in unless I add my own. So I guess that plan is scrapped.

Offline Joaquox

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 09:57:15 »
My lumber is now jacked!   ;D

Offline qeebored

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 07:43:48 »
At last I got time to build the keyboard. It's been on my desk for a long time, and now I got some spare time to solder the board. I used Kailh Box Jade switches, Mocha keycaps, and a bamboo case. I love the aesthetics of this board.

274763-0
274765-1

I did modify the keyboard layout a bit to better fit my use, and enabled auto shift in rules.mk. I will probably continue tweaking the layout for a while.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 18:35:02 »
I just picked up one of the extra PCB kits. Are there any extra FR4 plates around, or should I get those cut myself?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline isoforms

« Reply #171 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 12:06:38 »
I was able to finally build one of the extras I snagged! This was also my first ever build with MillMax sockets, and it was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be :D

60% Wooden Case from KBDFans (It also has a lid!)
KTT Roses (61.5g)
MT3 e2048 by biip

The lumberjack is also one of the most comfortable ortho boards I own—also got a friend interested in mechanical keyboards after he saw my build.

Next thing on the list is to try and get some FR4 plates for this build. If anybody has extras, please let me know!

PolyCarb Preonic Rev3

Offline TheWonderBubble

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 17:42:15 »
I was able to finally build one of the extras I snagged! This was also my first ever build with MillMax sockets, and it was surprisingly easier than I thought it would be :D

Show Image

Show Image

KTT Roses (61.5g)
MT3 e2048 by biip

The lumberjack is also one of the most comfortable ortho boards I own—also got a friend interested in mechanical keyboards after he saw my build.

Next thing on the list is to try and get some FR4 plates for this build. If anybody has extras, please let me know!

Which sockets did you use? I've been considering mil-maxing one or both of mine when I get them built.
Shhhhh...my wallet doesn't know I'm here.

Offline isoforms

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 18:39:10 »

Show Image

Show Image

KTT Roses (61.5g)
MT3 e2048 by biip

Which sockets did you use? I've been considering mil-maxing one or both of mine when I get them built.

I used the 7305 sockets! Worked like a charm!

PolyCarb Preonic Rev3

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 09:31:15 »

If anyone needs a plate for there lumberjack i have enough left for 3 builds. EU only. ps its not free

Contact me trough Discord Sup#2504
current
Coming soon

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 09:50:55 »
Show Image

If anyone needs a plate for there lumberjack i have enough left for 3 builds. EU only. ps its not free

I see Topre, DT990 and Lumberjack in the same picture and I approve! (in spite of those clear caps)

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 16:46:58 »
Show Image

I see Topre, DT990 and Lumberjack in the same picture and I approve! (in spite of those clear caps)

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Finding ortho keycaps are hard  :(
current
Coming soon