Author Topic: Replacement keys for Filco  (Read 2305 times)

Offline flaca

Replacement keys for Filco
« on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 09:27:05 »
Hi, no doubt this has been asked before, lots of googling didn't result in definitive answers though. So, advice on the following for a noob please.

I've just bought my first mechanical, Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with MX Blue. I love everything about the keyboard, except for the keys, namely that the keys are:
- a bit high (yes I'm coming from a laptop etc., but the "steps" are a bit high for me)
- very plasticky and light
- a bit wobbly (I've read the wobble threads and understand the intentional play in the switch)
- too smooth, I prefer a rougher finish, with better F and J registration marks too whilst I'm at it

Can anyone recommend commercially available, easy to buy keysets, super-duper PBT etc. etc., ideally not ones on another keyboard that I have to hunt for on ebay. I've seen the overclock.net PBT sets, and also the Signature Plastics site. Good choices? I'm not too worried about price.

First time poster by the way, so go easy!

Cheers,
Scott

Offline redpill

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 09:34:45 »
Quote from: flaca;375356
I'm not too worried about price.

Gooooood.  You will, be.  You. will.  be.

/yoda

Ahem, well you could try some nice thick double shot keys from signature plastics they may work for you.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 09:41:20 »
I have a couple of PBT sets, they're amazing. Get 'em from imsto or qtan in the Group Buys forum.

Offline flaca

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 10:49:01 »
Thanks all for the help. I'll try the PBT keys, I've seen the KCB sets and I'll also look at the group buys forum.

One complication that I forgot to mention - I'm in the UK so I need a UK layout. There was talk of keyboardco (where I bought it from) maybe doing something with Signature Plastics. Anyone know if that happened?

Alternatively, if anyone can post a link to a nice UK set of PBT Filco-fitters, that would be great!

Cheers,
Scott

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 10:59:09 »
Oooohhh... um, you may need to special order that from KBC/Toabao. Most group buys in the GB forum are in ANSI layout :-\

Offline flaca

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 11:04:37 »
Thanks daerid. Numpty alert, how do I special order from KBC/Toabao?

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 11:32:42 »
Honestly? No idea lol. I know you usually gotta go through an agent. Taobaobee is one that's frequently mentioned.

Offline flaca

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 July 2011, 11:41:17 »
Well, it's got to be worth a go....