Author Topic: XT/XT-Stealth question re: FN key  (Read 2682 times)

Offline ijprest

XT/XT-Stealth question re: FN key
« on: Tue, 03 September 2013, 22:52:03 »
Hi,

The QuickFire XT looks like a solid keyboard, inexpensive (as these things go), and readily available. 

However I have a question about the FN key... specifically, can I turn it into a regular "menu" key (as on a standard 104-key KB)?  DIP switch?  Firmware hack?

I suppose it's possible I may be the only one who ever uses this key for its intended purpose... but I also use it as an additional modifier/trigger for AutoHotKey scripts, and having a key that's invisible to the OS in such a prime location is a dealbreaker for me.

Thanks,

Offline Carter

• CM Storm Rep
Re: XT/XT-Stealth question re: FN key
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 19:46:49 »
The XT is a plug and play board without any type of firmware currently available. This could change in the future as we continue to improve the repeat rate function as well as KRO, but currently we do not have a specific F/W for your needs.

Offline ijprest

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 September 2013, 21:49:42 »
I suspected as much.  Thanks for the reply.

Offline FvD

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 September 2013, 06:21:24 »
Please excuse the thread hijack:

Is it the same for the Quickfire Ultimate?
Does pressing the Fn key register some kind of keycode that I could then remap to the menu key, or is it completely internal?
I'm on the brink of buying one since some retailers seem to get more shipments now in my country (Germany) and a normal menu key, or even the above workaround would seal the deal.

Best regards.