Poll

Which design do you most want to bring back?

Stump
30 (12.1%)
Ribbit
145 (58.7%)
UMAD
15 (6.1%)
Something new
57 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 247

Author Topic: Revisiting  (Read 31850 times)

Offline Sissy

Re: Revisiting
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 03:18:47 »
so bummed I never got a Ribbit

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 03:23:10 »
ribbit ribbit

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 03:23:19 »
Voted

As byker said " why not all  ?" They were all pretty epic  sculpts in my opinion and would love to see anyone of them !
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 04:12:24 »
I'd like a Ribbit   :cool:
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 04:38:53 »
Stumpy stump stump
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 04:51:44 »
Ribbit, no contest

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 04:59:48 »
Didn't realise Stump had been discontinued!  Ribbit is going to run away with the poll so my vote goes to Stump - the OP does say "designs" so here's hoping both come back :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Pdub

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 05:03:20 »

Ribbit and Stump would be cool in new colourways. Especially GID
This ^

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 05:03:22 »
Didn't realise Stump had been discontinued!  Ribbit is going to run away with the poll so my vote goes to Stump - the OP does say "designs" so here's hoping both come back :)

Didn't realise the UMAD was discontinued either :(

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 05:06:25 »
Ribbit 2 plz k thx bb

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 05:19:38 »
Definitely the toad.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 05:36:05 »
I'll go with UMAD  ;D

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 05:58:36 »
Lol, Bro I'm sure you could have guessed what would happen if you opened this question up to the public. People are going to request the most difficult design to find right now.

I've personally been searching for a Ribbit for months - so obviously revisiting this model would make my life a whole lot easier :P

However, I also think there is something to be said about creating and filling the market with more BBV2s. Heck, if they were more common we might not see as much price gouging and flipping (but perhaps this view is too naive).

So I'm pretty torn, but I would also love to have the chance to get one of those plain caps with the Bro fist logo (I think it was grey and red?).

Buy if you meant sculpted designs, then the BBV2 please (:

I like hunting for my frog.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:07:41 by mobbo »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:04:25 »
Vlad
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:07:59 »
Lol, Bro I'm sure you could have guessed what would happen if you opened this thread up to the piblic.

I've personally been searching for a Ribbit for months - so obviously revisiting this model would make my life a whole lot easier.

However, I also think there is something to be said about creating and filling the market with more BBV2s. Heck, if they were more common we might not see as much price gouging and flipping (but perhaps this view is too naive).

So I'm pretty torn, but I would love to have the chance to get one of those plain caps with the Bro fist logo (I think it was grey and red?).

you dun think Bro made enough v2's?

Offline dohbot

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:11:32 »
I had no idea stump was retired. Since when wasn't he made? He is definitely one of my favorites... I personally think Stump is cuter than ribbits, although they are both insanely cute. :)
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:18:19 »
Lol, Bro I'm sure you could have guessed what would happen if you opened this thread up to the piblic.

I've personally been searching for a Ribbit for months - so obviously revisiting this model would make my life a whole lot easier.

So I'm pretty torn, but I would love to have the chance to get one of those plain caps with the Bro fist logo (I think it was grey and red?).

I agree. Of all the designs out there it seems Ribbit is the one with the greatest fan base and most limited release. Would be cool to see it back.

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:30:46 »
I think I've seen a couple of stumps in the past... but I've never seen a ribbit, so I have no idea how it looks like tbh.
But people have been saying it's some kind of frog/toad figurine so I voted for that aswell since I like animals 'n stuff.

We'll see.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:32:57 »

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:36:26 »

I still stand by the statement. I know there's a lot of existing ones, but they are still one of the most in demand and sought after caps on the market. It's proven very successful among consumers and the functional style and awesome range of colors make them perfect for any board really. I know it won't necessarily fix the problem, and I understand that people want to see something a little rarer get rehashed. I don't disagree that there are tons of BBv2s - but it feels like when they are bought in less than 2 minutes at ~$150-200 that it couldn't hurt to have a few more saturate the market.

And I guess I think it's a pretty bold question to ask your fans :P It's like if Clack asked people which design they wanted him to revisist and everyone was like "Flux Keypacitor! Bluetrabe!" It's not that I don't agree with those people - and trust me I want a Ribbit as much as anyone here, it's just funny because people will (very obviously in my opinion) always want what is currently difficult to get. It almost feels like a rhetorical question to me  :)

That being said I would love to see more pictures of Ribbits around here, and that seems to be the overwhelming majority so; I'm looking forward to it  ;D

Offline Telephasic

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:36:41 »
If Ribbit wins, I hope that smile stays true. It looks so giddy.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:38:00 »
Didn't see the poll, but I'm always in for something new!

Offline keyboardia1

« Reply #72 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:41:37 »
Whaaaat? Only 5 votes for UMAD?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:42:28 »

I still stand by the statement. I know there's a lot of existing ones, but they are still one of the most in demand and sought after caps on the market. It's proven very successful among consumers and the functional style and awesome range of colors make them perfect for any board really. I know it won't necessarily fix the problem, and I understand that people want to see something a little rarer get rehashed. I don't disagree that there are tons of BBv2s - but it feels like when they are bought in less than 2 minutes at ~$150-200 that it couldn't hurt to have a few more saturate the market.

But the only way to effectively do that would be for Bro to flood the market with every colour mass produced, which would cost insane amounts of money in machines in order to keep up the level of quality. Just because you want someone dosn't mean you should just be able to;
a) have it when ever you want
b) have to pay insane costs

As someone who's spent the last 10years collecting MGS ****, I know better than some.

Whaaaat? Only 5 votes for UMAD?

umad?

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:51:23 »

But the only way to effectively do that would be for Bro to flood the market with every colour mass produced, which would cost insane amounts of money in machines in order to keep up the level of quality. Just because you want someone dosn't mean you should just be able to;

As someone who's spent the last 10years collecting MGS ****, I know better than some.

Which is why I qualified my initial statement as being naive :P I know it's a much more complicated problem than that, and to be honest it was more of a fleeting thought than anything. I don't expect another run to solve the cap flipping issue. I was just wondering if it might help.

I understand that certain colorways will always be more in demand, but do you think it's possible that another sale would decrease the average price of the BBv2s that we see being listed? I can't remember the last time I've seen one go for less that $80 (except for one recent listing on mechmarket by a kind individual), but following recent sales it's (thankfully) pretty common to see people asking for near-retail prices.

I don't know! I'm just thinking out loud here! And please Bro if this is getting too off-topic stop me lol.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:53:01 »
I voted Ribbit, but what about the Bronin? Would love to have seen more of him!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 06:57:59 »

Which is why I qualified my initial statement as being naive :P I know it's a much more complicated problem than that, and to be honest it was more of a fleeting thought than anything. I don't expect another run to solve the cap flipping issue. I was just wondering if it might help.

I understand that certain colorways will always be more in demand, but do you think it's possible that another sale would decrease the average price of the BBv2s that we see being listed? I can't remember the last time I've seen one go for less that $80 (except for one recent listing on mechmarket by a kind individual), but following recent sales it's (thankfully) pretty common to see people asking for near-retail prices.

I don't know! I'm just thinking out loud here! And please Bro if this is getting too off-topic stop me lol.

having 4 more sales wouldn't make any difference, v2's were being sold to retards long before they went out of production.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:08:10 »
V2 ribbit

V2 stump could be neat

Offline keyboardia1

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:10:39 »

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:10:59 »

having 4 more sales wouldn't make any difference, v2's were being sold to retards long before they went out of production.

Fair enough  :))

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:17:11 »
I'll vote anything but the ribbit

I hate frog

seriously, slimy, yucky, jumpy
arghhhhhh
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:20:38 »
Ribbit.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:22:08 »

I hate frog

arghhhhhh

If it's a toad it isn't slimy.  :thumb:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:24:39 »

I hate frog

arghhhhhh

If it's a toad it isn't slimy.  :thumb:

potayto potahto  :'(
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:26:57 »
voted umad because futility
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline Lukasevic

• World Famous Gamer™
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:29:43 »
My little girl loves the zoo and seeing the poison dart frogs, bring back some Ribbit! :cool:

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:29:50 »
Ribbit for me too !
I want clacks

Offline ChocolateMoloko

• Discipline 99
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 07:34:47 »
Ribbit Please!  ;D

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:16:12 »
one Ribbit for me please  ..... love it sooo much 

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:21:27 »

Offline tchevass

• open wide
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:30:59 »
I want clacks

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:38:34 »
All I've ever wanted from this whole artisan caps is a ribbit pleaseeeee

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:46:48 »
RIBBIT!!!

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:47:47 »
To be honest the stump was interesting but didn't work well on a keyboard when placed around other caps.

The UMAD was kind of lackluster compared to other caps out there.

The ribbit sounds like it would make a great base design for something new.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #94 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 08:48:39 »

And I guess I think it's a pretty bold question to ask your fans :P It's like if Clack asked people which design they wanted him to revisist and everyone was like "Flux Keypacitor! Bluetrabe!" It's not that I don't agree with those people - and trust me I want a Ribbit as much as anyone here, it's just funny because people will (very obviously in my opinion) always want what is currently difficult to get. It almost feels like a rhetorical question to me  :)

That being said I would love to see more pictures of Ribbits around here, and that seems to be the overwhelming majority so; I'm looking forward to it  ;D

I agree with the sentiment, but I don't think what you're aiming for is feasible.  The market is so vast and Bro can only produce so quickly, so he will always be playing catch-up with the BBV2 design.  I'd rather see him produce a few more of the extremely limited releases than mass-produce BBV2s.

Show Image

oh hai

Offline osi

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 09:14:13 »
Bro, I need that ribbit fn - topre!!

Offline dreadvirus

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 09:14:54 »
GID ribbit/reaper
Looking 4: GID reaper,Clacks
Offering: Dark/Green Warmaster,Raven,G2

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 09:44:19 »
a new take on Bronin or UMAD has so much potential for greatness....but ribbit is way too smug to be ignored  :))
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 10:40:55 »
Ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 27 January 2016, 10:42:29 »