Author Topic: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (replacements in progress)  (Read 262940 times)

Offline LunarisDream

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #900 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 08:59:34 »
Extras are up for sale

The info is posted on reddit, but feel free to PM me within GH. No time to reformat everything. Need to pack my luggage and check and prep the stuff from TANK for shipping.

Edit: all gone
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2017, 10:29:16 by LunarisDream »

Offline LunarisDream

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (shipping 2.5, wrapping up outstanding orders)
« Reply #901 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 21:10:18 »
Yo guys, good news and bad news.

Good news first: every order that I've received in China that can be packed, has been packed.

The bad news: Just got off the phone with my usual courier and he said that they don't accept packages for delivery to the reshipper right now because of Chinese New Year's. And it will remain that way until February 2nd.

So that's when I can arrange for those packages to go out.

Sorry to disappoint, but we are stalled for three more weeks before things start moving again. Expect to receive them near the second half of February. Out the door on Feb 5th, arrive around Feb 10th, processing time takes about two days, and 2-7 days to reach their respective destinations. This puts the ETA at Feb 14th to 19th.

Here are some pics of the pile o' boxes.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2017, 21:12:23 by LunarisDream »

Offline snevok

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (happy Chinese New Year's)
« Reply #902 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 22:01:03 »
Well that's a bummer.  Longer wait means more excitement when it comes I guess haha. 

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #903 on: Sun, 15 January 2017, 23:44:54 »
are there any extra diffusers? i thought i got a set with my V1, but i cant seem to find them... :/

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #904 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 04:54:04 »
are there any extra diffusers? i thought i got a set with my V1, but i cant seem to find them... :/

V1 didn't come with side diffusers - the V1 PCBs did not have RGB LEDs over the holes on the sides to diffuse out.

I'm fine with sending a set your way if you wanna try to make it work.

Btw did the package arrive? Last I saw it was stuck in transit from USPS, and I don't have the tracking # saved on this computer I'm using so I can't check.

Offline derpingit

Re: [GB] ZZ96 v2 r2 (US shipped sans extras, int'l mostly shipped, v2.5 in-prog)
« Reply #905 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 14:37:19 »
Hi LD.

I submitted my response to the titanium issue and just wanted to follow up here. It's totally acceptable to me. I can't WAIT to get my hands on this!

I did want to ask whether you maybe had spare stabs from the earlier orders that I might buy as part of this. I think there was some confusion because early orders did have the option to include them so I assumed there would be some. If not, its all good.

Thanks again for pushing through. I can only imagine that it's not easy to deal with all the issues!

I do have a couple extra sets of gold-plated PCB-mount stabs, revised for more even gold plating but lost the 6u wire. Would those do? 7 2u, 1 6.25u 1 7u for $14.

Absolutely! I'd love to get those bundled in. Any idea when you're sending these out? Not to add pressure, I'm just excited!  :thumb:

Going to get as many as I can out the door tomorrow. Yours is almost finished being checked so I'd expect it to be amongst those.

How bout mine ?

Being assembled and packed right now. Shipping out tomorrow via USPS Priority. ._. Sorry

i see the form now says "do not ship until further notice". please see your response up top. did you ship this out?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #906 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 23:06:45 »

V1 didn't come with side diffusers - the V1 PCBs did not have RGB LEDs over the holes on the sides to diffuse out.

I'm fine with sending a set your way if you wanna try to make it work.

Btw did the package arrive? Last I saw it was stuck in transit from USPS, and I don't have the tracking # saved on this computer I'm using so I can't check.

yep, package has arrived. i will shoot you a pm

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #907 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 23:48:41 »
Anyone with a titanium wanna trade? Can add (have ink blue)

Offline gandroider

« Reply #908 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 21:27:12 »
Anyone can assist me for the dimension (length x widht x height) in cm for this ZZ96?

Thanks

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #909 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 12:21:57 »
Anyone can assist me for the dimension (length x widht x height) in cm for this ZZ96?

Thanks

37.5cm*12.5cm*4.2cm at the tallest point.

May not be 100% accurate but it's what I got w/ my short ruler.

Offline odd

« Reply #910 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 14:45:55 »
are there any extras or does anyone have one to sell?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #911 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 16:17:52 »
might be looking to trade my 'Navy Blue' V1 case for a black/dark grey case, depending on what color options happen for Mira. anyone open to the idea?

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #912 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 23:21:13 »
Got mine in the mail today, all setup and working, and just in time for me to leave town. Thanks LD!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #913 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 12:44:20 »
Got mine in the mail today, all setup and working, and just in time for me to leave town. Thanks LD!

Pics or it didn't happen

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #914 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 13:43:39 »
revitalizing the V1 with some new RGBs. had to desolder the pcb-mounted RGBs and install new 60p/m strips. looks so much better with twice the RGBs

going to start building the V2 pcb/plate when all the parts get here. I also have a couple other layouts to do when all the parts get here...

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #915 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 14:47:18 »
revitalizing the V1 with some new RGBs. had to desolder the pcb-mounted RGBs and install new 60p/m strips. looks so much better with twice the RGBs

Show Image

going to start building the V2 pcb/plate when all the parts get here. I also have a couple other layouts to do when all the parts get here...

Great looking board. These photos are holding me over till R2.5 ships  :thumb:

Offline sparkybear

« Reply #916 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 15:31:34 »

Show Image

Great looking board. These photos are holding me over till R2.5 ships  :thumb:

http://imgur.com/a/IuyTQ

Offline derpingit

« Reply #917 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 16:00:25 »
So 11 months after payment I receive mine .. I gotta be honest , personal problems aside , I was kind of disappoint being so far from the original estimated delivery.. I'm sure lunaris didn't intend for things to go so off track, but I kind of lost my interest at the end, and just wanted to get my stuff or my funds back. Then delivery time happens (today). Damm if it's not the nicest piece of solid steel I've received though the mail. Packaging was accordingly exaggerated, and thankfully so ( the box looked like usps was playing catch with it). I'll be tying to piece this together now. Wanna say two things: lunaris , great job on putting this gb together .. I hope you learned a thing or two now, and further releases of the zz96 happen without a hitch. And second, for the people still waiting for their boards, the hype is real .. seriously.. quality is top notch, and this could very well be end game ( tell that to yourself).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #918 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 12:51:30 »
Does anybody can confirm if the PCB works well with Holtite/SIP sockets? Do they fit or do they just fall through the hole?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #919 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 16:39:07 »
Does anybody can confirm if the PCB works well with Holtite/SIP sockets? Do they fit or do they just fall through the hole?

The switch plate is cut to allow top opening. Why bother with holtites?
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 January 2017, 18:23:33 by TerryMathews »

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #920 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 18:04:22 »

The switch plate is cut to allow top opening. Why bother with holtities?

Because it's much easier to pull a whole switch out than it is to pull the top off, pull the stem off, switch springs, put the stem back on the spring and put the top back on?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #921 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 18:25:13 »

Because it's much easier to pull a whole switch out than it is to pull the top off, pull the stem off, switch springs, put the stem back on the spring and put the top back on?

Maybe. That said, since the plate is cut for opening, and most units landed prior to holtites becoming common knowledge I don't think you will find anyone who definitely knows.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #922 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 18:38:23 »

Maybe. That said, since the plate is cut for opening, and most units landed prior to holtites becoming common knowledge I don't think you will find anyone who definitely knows.

the only issues i would forsee are the numpad + and enter keys. those have narrow, elliptical pads just large enough for the switch legs. i suppose they could be drilled out and you could fly a magnet wire back to the matrix or you could just solder those switches in. this is pretty typical for compact layouts, though. would like to see pics of how you choose to get around that!

Offline Owntrolf

« Reply #923 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 18:53:44 »

Show Image

What are the blue keycaps from im looking for one with modfiers and numpad

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #924 on: Sun, 29 January 2017, 22:56:05 »

Show Image

from this group buy https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82308
this guy might still have his... if you dont mind shipping from russia https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5pirnr/ru_h_gmk_bluewhite_gmk_cyrillic_ceresia_gmk_cyan/?st=iyjmfdar&sh=4e317f25
the set pops up on mechmarket every so often and i never see it selling

gl

Offline Owntrolf

« Reply #925 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 00:34:46 »

Show Image

from this group buy https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82308
this guy might still have his... if you dont mind shipping from russia https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/5pirnr/ru_h_gmk_bluewhite_gmk_cyrillic_ceresia_gmk_cyan/?st=iyjmfdar&sh=4e317f25
the set pops up on mechmarket every so often and i never see it selling

gl
I guess I can keep waiting for it, $230 plus probably $50 shipping will probably eat my wallet or just settle with bluegaloo and cry as my numpad has no blue
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2017, 00:48:39 by Owntrolf »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #926 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 01:56:30 »
hey LD or anyone else - have you guys figured out how to set the numlock LED in bootmapper so that the mapped numlock key LED works as a lock LED instead of just a "general" LED?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #927 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 08:51:09 »
reserved for updates

In options set to lock.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #928 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 13:18:39 »
it is set to lock indicator. this is not the issue

i think the problem is that there is no "standard" firmware for the pcb (matrix). when you download ps2avrgb, you only get firmware for winkeyless boards (b.87 etc) winkeyless does not have a 96-key layout, so the firmware does not recognize the common location for numlock on 96-key layout.

i guess i am asking if there is a way to tell the LED controller part of the software which key should "act" like the numlock key led. OR if someone has some custom firmware made for 96-key layout

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #929 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 18:29:17 »

Then you have another issue. The PCB is supposed to have two GPIO-controllable LEDs (Caps Lock and Num Lock). They aren't configurable on location, they are hardwired. The rest of the LEDs are in one relay-controlled matrix.

I've built 2 R2 units, both needed no special machinations to support in-switch LEDs for Caps and Num lock.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #930 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 18:36:45 »

Then you have another issue. The PCB is supposed to have two GPIO-controllable LEDs (Caps Lock and Num Lock). They aren't configurable on location, they are hardwired. The rest of the LEDs are in one relay-controlled matrix.

I've built 2 R2 units, both needed no special machinations to support in-switch LEDs for Caps and Num lock.

ah. thus the confusion. I have a R1 pcb currently. sounds like this will be resolved when i finish the R2 build

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #931 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 18:46:06 »
http://i.imgur.com/9DnKuM4.jpg

Check this resistor for Caps Lock and

http://i.imgur.com/N0ndstB.jpg

For Num Lock. Up to down is "normal LED mode" and side to side is "indicator mode".

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #932 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 10:30:09 »
It's almost time...  :eek:

Offline owacle

« Reply #933 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 21:46:56 »
I'm SO excited!! What caps has everyone on this GB got planned?

I have Godspeed from massdrop in order but also threw my hat in on the terminal buy. Think it'll go nicely with the titanium. Quite keen on skeletor though.

What about switches? I got a bag of zealios just BEGGING to be soldered into something sweet!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #934 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 22:16:44 »
http://i.imgur.com/9DnKuM4.jpg

Check this resistor for Caps Lock and

http://i.imgur.com/N0ndstB.jpg

For Num Lock. Up to down is "normal LED mode" and side to side is "indicator mode".

Terry!  thanks, man. i totally forgot about those optional pads

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #935 on: Sat, 04 February 2017, 05:21:29 »
Hi LD,

I sent you a PM about my order, could you reply when you have a bit of time? Thanks very much!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #936 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 12:18:23 »
Are we still on schedule for the shipping the remaining boards today?

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #937 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 03:33:32 »
Did you update the Google sheet? Can't find my order in there

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #938 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 21:43:44 »
Any idea when another GB for this board might go? I desperately want a 96 key board and I missed out on this round.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #939 on: Mon, 06 February 2017, 22:20:36 »
^Lightsaver V3 is coming soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline rondg

« Reply #940 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 06:26:03 »

What firmware does lightsaver use? Can it support cherry mx lock switch (latching switch)?

Offline Data

« Reply #941 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 14:30:19 »
Any idea when another GB for this board might go? I desperately want a 96 key board and I missed out on this round.

Shot in the dark... I'd be interested in a Round 3 as well.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #942 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 20:14:01 »

Can you point me where I can get more info on lightsaver v3?

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #943 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 20:14:48 »

Can you point me where I can get more info on lightsaver v3?

Duck's blog: duck0113.tistory.org

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #944 on: Tue, 07 February 2017, 21:09:41 »
thanks. I'll keep an eye on his blog and for a GB thread here like he had for V2.

Offline snevok

« Reply #945 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 11:43:51 »
Any new updates?  It's nearing your updated shipping estimate, and I'm getting super antsy haha.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #946 on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 16:21:46 »
Yeah can we get an update from LD on how thing are going? It would be nice to get a confirmation if the boards have actually left china since the excel spreadsheet has not been updated with any tracking numbers

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #947 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 11:01:32 »
Yeah can we get an update from LD on how thing are going? It would be nice to get a confirmation if the boards have actually left china since the excel spreadsheet has not been updated with any tracking numbers
+1

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #948 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 21:24:24 »
Were the boards shipped?

Offline jjwax

« Reply #949 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 21:51:38 »
Were the boards shipped?

LD sent me this on reddit 4 days ago:

"Has left my place in China and en route to the reshipper right now. Will take a couple days."