geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Gaming Headset recommendations?

(1/8) > >>

jerue:
I'm hooked on Fallout 4, and might be looking into doing more PC gaming. My roommate upstairs mentioned how loud I had my speakers playing Fallout due to the bass (I love my Klipsch 2.1 Promedia), so I might need to look into a new headset. The last thread I found on this was from 2013...so what do you all use?

I have no budget, but I always prefer a good value. Wireless and comfiness a major plus . I currently have 2 sets, the Turtle Beach x12 and x31 to hold me over until it's time to upgrade. They're both OK, not great. I read about the Steelseries 7H, though one user here (in the 2013 thread) ended up returning it..

CPTBadAss:
I recommend you finding a nice pair of headphones (read audiophile gear) at a budget you're comfortable with and adding a microphone like an Antlion mic.

jerue:

--- Quote from: CPTBadAss on Fri, 13 November 2015, 11:16:03 ---I recommend you finding a nice pair of headphones (read audiophile gear) at a budget you're comfortable with and adding a microphone like an Antlion mic.

--- End quote ---

Don't gaming headsets distribute sound in a different manner from traditional headphones? Most regular headphones are 2.1 (and this is recommended for listening to music, wouldn't be good for gaming), I want something that is at least 7.1 or designed for gaming so I can hear sounds from all directions.

CPTBadAss:
I don't think so. I never actually looked into any gaming headsets because I didn't believe the gamer hype. Kinda feels like those numbers are just marketing hype from gaming companies. I play video games on my Mad Dogs and it sounds fantastic. It's so realistic that sometimes I take off my headphones because I think someone is behind me in my apartment.

mobbo:
I'm using an Astro A40 headset right now and it's served me pretty well. The wireless version is the A50 so maybe check that out.

Sound quality is decent and I haven't had any issues with the mic. Comfort wise...maybe my head's weird but I find they sit a little heavy pressuring the top of my head. I have a pair of Bose headphones that are much comfier to wear for long periods of time (have fallen asleep with them on...) that I tend to use when I don't need a mic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version