Author Topic: Model M was my first...  (Read 1653 times)

Offline mick

• MickBenjamins.com
Model M was my first...
« on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 15:46:33 »
So it turns out that the first keyboard I learned to type on was a Model M that came with our first DOS computer.
I guess I was around 4 years old at the time. My dad was able to buy a computer via his work. It was an intel 386 running at 33Mhz running on DOS and later on Windows 3.11, we then even got a bigger harddrive, a wopping 400MB :D

We actually had that computer for a really long time and I always loved typing on that keyboard. Too bad we just threw it out when we got our Windows 98 computer.
If only I knew back then.

Well fast forward to 2016. I am now typing on a brand new CM Storm Rapid-I with Cherry MX Brown switches.
It's not as good as the Model M (at least, in my mind the Model M felt better, but I might be mistaken, who knows...) but its a huge step up from the cheap keyboards we use in the office or from my Macbook Pro keyboard.

I think I caught this mechanical keyboard addiction already, as I am now looking what I will buy as my next boards. Yes, boards... I wam looking to get a numpad, so I can use the Rapid-I with numpad at work. And then a small 60% board for at home in combination with my Macbook.

Thats it for now, seems like I have some reading up to do ;)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Re: Model M was my first...
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:34:59 »
Well, you can always find a Model M again!  Well worthwhile.

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 14:37:25 »
Welcome! I hope you find this place informative as you make your decision on what boards to use :D

Offline mick

• MickBenjamins.com
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 10:29:32 »
Cheers guys!