Author Topic: Bingecap random DIBS shenanigans  (Read 8243 times)

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Bingecap random DIBS shenanigans
« on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:20:49 »
Tune in next time for,

« Last Edit: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:04:36 by Binge »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Belfong

Re: Bingecap random DIBS shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:22:03 »
Me

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:23:08 »
Me

You need to say the name of the cap, the hand-e-cap.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:23:14 »

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:26:40 »
Congrats nubs, you know your binge-history!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:31:01 »
But...  :|

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:31:51 »
Just waiting on a response from nubbinator.

He has the option to use his dibs or pass it on with another piece of trivia.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:33:22 »
Just waiting on a response from nubbinator.

He has the option to use his dibs or pass it on with another piece of trivia.

Thinking of a good way to pass it on since I have nothing Topre.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:34:06 »
Me? This is my first Binge.. so it is in line with the contest.. LOL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:39:27 »
Alright, here's my thing for passing my dibs on.  Nominate someone else to get the cap and state why they deserve it with the knowledge that you will be buying the cap for them.  I'll let Binge pick who that is by 9PM PST tomorrow (or later if he wants a later time). 

Offline Belfong

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:45:31 »
Ok, I nominate naasfu. He and I "met" in one gaming forum called QuarterToThree run by Tom Chick and there was a mechanical keyboard thread discussing about keyboards. He was asking about different switches and we all gave feedback on what we think. And the moment he got a keyboard, he was hooked and in a short time frame, his knowledge of keyboards and keycaps was far better than even myself. I think many of you probably have seen his love for keycaps with all those beautiful photos of his acquisition that he has posted. In fact, now he's my go-to person for questions of key caps.

We were both still  active in the thread, sharing our love to other gamers and members. But I think people there think we are nuts. LOL.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 22:46:18 »
You've heard it here folks!  You all have until 9PM PST tomorrow to nominate someone you want to get this cap by explaining why they deserve this cap.

The individual who makes the best case will pay for the cap based on location of the person nominated.

In the spirit of feels all of the proceeds less shipping will be donated to GH.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 April 2014, 23:08:31 by Binge »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 23:02:39 »
Ok, I nominate naasfu. He and I "met" in one gaming forum called QuarterToThree run by Tom Chick and there was a mechanical keyboard thread discussing about keyboards. He was asking about different switches and we all gave feedback on what we think. And the moment he got a keyboard, he was hooked and in a short time frame, his knowledge of keyboards and keycaps was far better than even myself. I think many of you probably have seen his love for keycaps with all those beautiful photos of his acquisition that he has posted. In fact, now he's my go-to person for questions of key caps.

We were both still  active in the thread, sharing our love to other gamers and members. But I think people there think we are nuts. LOL.

Wait, what?  Haha, thank you Belfong.  I nominate Belfong, since he was the one who got me into this mess of mech keyboards and keycap insanity. :)  He was very helpful with lots of information about switches, different types of keyboards, keysets, BroBots, and many other things when I started getting into things. :)  Plus, he is an all around nice and sincere guy.  I will gladly pay for the Fn cap for him.

ps. was it 9pm pst tomorrow?  Hope I didn't miss the deadline.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 23:05:56 »
I stated tomorrow, but not sure if that's how it's being done.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 07 April 2014, 23:08:45 »
I stated tomorrow, but not sure if that's how it's being done.

It's 9PM tomorrow xD My bad.

Concept of this event added to OP
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 April 2014, 23:15:44 by Binge »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 00:00:00 »
It'd be cool if it were someone who missed out on the last sale and owns a Topre board

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 11:33:05 »
I'd like to nominate hipstercaps. I'm pretty sure he has a topre board, and he is very nice and easy to talk to via PM. He charges next to nothing for his caps despite my telling him his work has value and he still practically gives his stuff away every sale. I know he is a bingecap fan, and since I missed out on the last sale (F U GATOR) I'd be happy to help him get this cap with my unspent budget. I also like when geekhack gets money.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Belfong

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 18:45:08 »
Can I submit two entries for two different people? Because the fact that this is Topre Fn reminds me of a Topre lover in this community and I'm sure he would appreciate a Binge adorning his Topre board. And in the spirit of giving back to GH, there is no other in this community who has done so much for us other than Bunny Lake. Also, despite the amount of work and pressure he goes through in his GB, he is still very flexible to cater to everyone's unique request. I know it would drive me nuts to keep track of all the unique requests and yet he was pretty patient and supportive. If anyone deserve a binge, and a rare Fn key for Topre, it's him and I'll gladly delight him in this surprise - that is, if he haven't read this entry - I'd bet on it because he just came back from vacation and have tons of PM to catch up!

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 18:59:15 »
I'd like to nominate hipstercaps. I'm pretty sure he has a topre board, and he is very nice and easy to talk to via PM. He charges next to nothing for his caps despite my telling him his work has value and he still practically gives his stuff away every sale. I know he is a bingecap fan, and since I missed out on the last sale (F U GATOR) I'd be happy to help him get this cap with my unspent budget. I also like when geekhack gets money.
Can I second this. Hipster is a great guy. I first talked to him when he PM'd me out of the blue offering to send me a cap to do a review on. He was supper nice about it, and seems to just generally be a great guy.  On top of that, everything danielucf said is true as well. His caps are dirt cheep! I'd love to do whatever I can to support him. If Hipster wins, me and danielucf can flip a coin to decide who pays or split the price or whatever.
EDIT: Since Hipster already has one, I'll try and come up with someone else. I would recommend Dodgy, but I don't think he has any topre boards. I'll keep thinking on it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 April 2014, 19:09:46 by Vibex »

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 19:06:16 »

thank you for the kind words daniel! and i am a HUGE binge cap fan, however i already own a Nugget Fn Topre, and would enjoy seeing someone who doesnt have one yet experience its magic. Its quite an amazing cap, and the depth and colors blended into it are stunning  :)

i'd like to nominate HoffmanMyster, he has been chasing a binge Fn and doesnt even care what color it is just that its a binge cap. I think that shows dedication and appreciation towards your art Binge, dude just wants some binge topre in his life!

sell out and eat ass

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 20:38:30 »
all of these feels T-T  2 hours until I am all felt up.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:00:51 »
winner naasfu

naasfu u buy cap for Belfong because your feels are genuine eerrrrmmmrrrrgggrrrrdddd  :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:03:21 »
winner naasfu

naasfu u buy cap for Belfong because your feels are genuine eerrrrmmmrrrrgggrrrrdddd  :D

Yay!  :D  Glad one of those two got it.  Much more deserving than myself, that's for sure.  :)  I'm just a greedy collector.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:03:41 »
winner naasfu

Aww yissss!  I will buy the cap for Belfong. :)  PM me with whatever is needed.  He's international.  Thanks, Binge. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:05:33 »
winner naasfu

Yay!  :D  Glad one of those two got it.  Much more deserving than myself, that's for sure.  :)  I'm just a greedy collector.

is it Mister or Meister? :o

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:32:11 »
winner naasfu

is it Mister or Meister? :o

lol.  It's pronounced 'meister'.  HoffmanMeister, spelled HoffmanMyster (last name Hoffman).  The name was given to me in 7th grade by a close friend, the KundeNator (last name Kunde).  :D

Offline Belfong

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:39:27 »
Wow, I don't know what to say... This week has been a great week. I had received my first Clack and now my first Binge, in fact a Fn key, which I have none except the stock keys.. and from a beautiful write up from a virtual friend, 8000 miles apart! THANK YOU EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 23:42:04 »
Wow, I don't know what to say... This week has been a great week. I had received my first Clack and now my first Binge, in fact a Fn key, which I have none except the stock keys.. and from a beautiful write up from a virtual friend, 8000 miles apart! THANK YOU EVERYONE! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Congratulations :)

Both of you :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 18:32:49 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 18:40:13 »
Show Image

Yesss.  Binge is the man!  And GH has so many great people.  GeekHack <3

Enjoy the Topre Fn cap, Belfong. :)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 18:41:09 »
Lots of coolness happening in this thread :cool: :cool:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 18:58:07 »
TIL that GH has a Paypal trust fund account! That's so cool. And thanks naasfu, Binge and not forgetting nubbinator for being awesome and turning this into a feel good giveaway. <3