Author Topic: QMK Flashing KBD75  (Read 5605 times)

Offline HotRoderX

QMK Flashing KBD75
« on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 00:57:03 »
I was wondering simply is flashing the KBD75 with Type C connector the same as flashing one with the Mini USB connector? Does one use the same online flashing tool and guide? I gotta build one of the new Type C board's tomorrow and then program a delete into it. I am just not sure if I can use the Configuration and guide used with my mini usb board. I don't know a lot about QMK or even programming keyboards..

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
Re: QMK Flashing KBD75
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 12:55:22 »
I was wondering simply is flashing the KBD75 with Type C connector the same as flashing one with the Mini USB connector? Does one use the same online flashing tool and guide? I gotta build one of the new Type C board's tomorrow and then program a delete into it. I am just not sure if I can use the Configuration and guide used with my mini usb board. I don't know a lot about QMK or even programming keyboards..

Hi there! I actually just built and flashed my rev 2.0 KBD75 (the one with the usb c connector) yesterday. The steps to flash the usb c KBD75 (rev 2.0 pcb) are exactly the same as the steps to flash the mini-USB KBD75. Here's a great guide on how to flash the KBD75 (https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6hl837/kbd75_r3_qmk_howto_guide/). It helped me immensely. Let me know if you have any questions with the KBD75. The PCB does not come pre-flashed, so you will have to flash it to make it functional. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 March 2018, 12:57:37 by AKIMbO »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)