Author Topic: 3 new GMK sets  (Read 77355 times)

Offline Niomosy

Re: 3 new GMK sets
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:06:24 »
What is currently leading? I can't see the results sokmehow..

Thi
What 'bout something like this:

Show Image

(Image from here.)

Ahh, the DG terminal.  I had one in the running for a group buy a while back that got nicknamed "The Deep" that's very similar (love the DG keyboard colors, same as the old S/140 dip switches).  Though I did have black text on the light blue keys.

Show Image

Got one a bit closer to the DG color scheme.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #351 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 16:38:00 »
people seems cant drop the gray based sets even though we had  Dolch that's still being mailed out, aaaand on top of it basing a whole set just to match 1 skull key that probably 10-15 guys worldwide has it.... Give the gray colors a rest, I'm so glad Handerbeit is offered otherwise I would of skipped this GB.
Only 3 people have that clack as far as I know lol.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #352 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:07:41 »

Thi

Show Image

(Image from here.)

Ahh, the DG terminal.  I had one in the running for a group buy a while back that got nicknamed "The Deep" that's very similar (love the DG keyboard colors, same as the old S/140 dip switches).  Though I did have black text on the light blue keys.

Show Image

Show Image

white legends for all keys looks much better :)

Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #353 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:08:08 »
people seems cant drop the gray based sets even though we had  Dolch that's still being mailed out, aaaand on top of it basing a whole set just to match 1 skull key that probably 10-15 guys worldwide has it.... Give the gray colors a rest, I'm so glad Handerbeit is offered otherwise I would of skipped this GB.
Only 3 people have that clack as far as I know lol.
jeez.... its worse than I thought

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #354 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:13:10 »

Dolch was sold out a long time before it even shipped, there are still a ton of people who haven't been able to get their hands on a set. I like a splash of colour as much as the next guy but really only when they're done tastefully, Handarbeit is just unicorn vomit to me.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:25:52 »
but still, too much Dolch-style out there...
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 21:37:36 »

Dolch was sold out a long time before it even shipped, there are still a ton of people who haven't been able to get their hands on a set. I like a splash of colour as much as the next guy but really only when they're done tastefully, Handarbeit is just unicorn vomit to me.

Handarbeit is one of those things you're like WTF, then WANT, then your eyes start spinning as you try to try on it.

I would (probably) get it, mainly to see what people here said.  Don't think I could use it for very long though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:02:34 »
Handarbeit is one of those things you're like WTF, then WANT, then your eyes start spinning as you try to try on it.

I would (probably) get it, mainly to see what people here said.  Don't think I could use it for very long though.

You gotta get some Raybans and enjoy the glow, I know I will  8) .

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:07:21 »
I want Handarbeit to mix & match ^________^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:26:46 »

I'm waiting for Tai Hao to make a Handarbeit beinahe.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:30:01 »

I'm waiting for Tai Hao to make a Handarbeit beinahe.

funny idea haha

will ALMOST be equal in quality....ALMOST.. :)) :))

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:32:54 »

dude to those that didn't got on Dolch on time for whatsoever reason, well they should of jumped on it..... Handerbeit I'm getting for sure and hoping next run after this gb people wont be stuck on dolch as much and open their eyes on other colors like coffee/cream 2 tone or the Commodore that Ivan posted

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:40:53 »

dude to those that didn't got on Dolch on time for whatsoever reason, well they should of jumped on it..... Handerbeit I'm getting for sure and hoping next run after this gb people wont be stuck on dolch as much and open their eyes on other colors like coffee/cream 2 tone or the Commodore that Ivan posted

There are people joining every day, a lot of the people asking for it wouldn't have even had the chance.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 22:58:48 »

There are people joining every day, a lot of the people asking for it wouldn't have even had the chance.
I don't mind if a lot of people go again for the Dolch, to me that matter is that Handerbeit will hit production no matter what. Something tells me that when this GB is over and Dolch was in it, the next GB people will want more Dolch or any grey color scheme..... but you cant force people to change, they can do whatever they want to :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 23:09:02 »
Something tells me that when this GB is over and Dolch was in it, the next GB people will want more Dolch or any grey color scheme..... but you cant force people to change, they can do whatever they want to :)

Yep, all you can do is either jump on for the GMK ride or go hide in a corner and wait for the next GB.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #365 on: Sun, 13 October 2013, 23:18:46 »
Something tells me that when this GB is over and Dolch was in it, the next GB people will want more Dolch or any grey color scheme..... but you cant force people to change, they can do whatever they want to :)

Yep, all you can do is either jump on for the GMK ride or go hide in a corner and wait for the next GB.
Jump on a another gray set lol, why would I do that?..... if I have Dolch and pretty soon Handerbeit, I don't mind passing on the 3rd GB if only grey color is involved. If I have to skip 2 GB in a row then that's what I'll have to do if only grey color is offered, you guys can buy as many gray,light gray,dark gray,black sets you want.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 03:05:15 »
No more fighting...

Love, peace, and keycaps guys... That's all we need.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 15:48:20 »
No more fighting...

Love, peace, and keycaps guys... That's all we need.
Ok, lets hug it out *****es  :-*

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 16:02:31 »
Coffee and Creammmmm!

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #369 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 16:14:32 »
Coffee and Creammmmm!
yes please, brown for modifiers and navs and cream for alpha numeric, and naturally legend colors same but in reverse order, Coffee/Cream FTW hopefully next GB lol, don't see it happening now with all the grey going around :D

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 16:14:40 »

Jump on a another gray set lol, why would I do that?..... if I have Dolch and pretty soon Handerbeit, I don't mind passing on the 3rd GB if only grey color is involved. If I have to skip 2 GB in a row then that's what I'll have to do if only grey color is offered, you guys can buy as many gray,light gray,dark gray,black sets you want.
Another Gray Area, its a popular thing!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 18:04:52 »
Coffee and Creammmmm!
yes please, brown for modifiers and navs and cream for alpha numeric, and naturally legend colors same but in reverse order, Coffee/Cream FTW hopefully next GB lol, don't see it happening now with all the grey going around :D

You see Sherryton another FAN of this brilliant Colour-way.  Why ignore it since you've NEVER done it yet?  Always go were no man has gone before rather than sticking to the same old, boring rubbish.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #372 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 18:31:25 »
Coffee and Creammmmm!

You see Sherryton another FAN of this brilliant Colour-way.  Why ignore it since you've NEVER done it yet?  Always go were no man has gone before rather than sticking to the same old, boring rubbish.
Why ignore the results of the poll because you don't like a colorway?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 18:33:21 »
Because it's his sale, and he can do what he wants With his own money. :P
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #374 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 19:02:28 »
Coffee and Creammmmm!

that makes only 3 of us vs 50+ for "GREY"!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Here how goes next GB:

Sherry: He guys lets have another vote for the near by GB!!!! What color combos would you like to see?

Majority: group1: Black on gray ; group2: gray on black ; group3: Skidata with Dolch gray legends ; group4: gray on gray with a touch of black  :))

Minority (10 perhaps) who like to take chances and try something different: 2 tone Coffee/Cream ; Commodore ; Light blue/Navy blue white legends 

Final results for the next 2-3 GB ahead, "Gray" till people get bored, sick of it  :confused: and start shooting grey rainbow out their asses  :-*

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #375 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 19:47:31 »
It's not just as simple as picking a colour and running with it, Sherry needs to order 400 units to meet MOQ so he needs to make sure it will SELL too.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #376 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 20:05:47 »

Thi

Show Image

(Image from here.)

Show Image

Show Image

white legends for all keys looks much better :)

That and I think, honestly, I like the updated blue colors a bit more as well.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #377 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 20:30:01 »
It's not just as simple as picking a colour and running with it, Sherry needs to order 400 units to meet MOQ so he needs to make sure it will SELL too.

That's unfortunately so true here.  He's a business man FIRST and everything else comes a very distant last.  If he knows GREY will sell, then there's nothing we can do to dissuade his final choice, like I said before some of us will stay in our dimly lit corners and wait out this GB - till something 'decent' comes along.

Of course I'm only speaking of myself here.  A lot thus far are still crazy for GREYS hence Sherry will make money no doubt, but if there are any other colours being made it's only going to be Handarbeit for the buy then a long time till any other colour spectrum will apprear on his website....  I'm at least glad he chose Handarbeit and not gone through some bullsh*t democratic procedure (which sucks actually in the real world).

I actually believe in a Centralist Regime that dictates what's to be done, rather than waste years planning on what might 'possibly' be done (and nothing happens).
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 October 2013, 20:42:05 by Elrick »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 20:58:01 »

That's unfortunately so true here.  He's a business man FIRST and everything else comes a very distant last.  If he knows GREY will sell, then there's nothing we can do to dissuade his final choice, like I said before some of us will stay in our dimly lit corners and wait out this GB - till something 'decent' comes along.

Of course I'm only speaking of myself here.  A lot thus far are still crazy for GREYS hence Sherry will make money no doubt, but if there are any other colours being made it's only going to be Handarbeit for the buy then a long time till any other colour spectrum will apprear on his website....  I'm at least glad he chose Handarbeit and not gone through some bullsh*t democratic procedure (which sucks actually in the real world).

I actually believe in a Centralist Regime that dictates what's to be done, rather than waste years planning on what might 'possibly' be done (and nothing happens).

Handarbeit is good as well because it covers a lot of different GMK colours, once it is done we can accurately judge what other colors would look good. Personally I'd love to have a set of just the red alphas.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #379 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 21:15:51 »
I'm glad too that Handerbeit will go into production without people voting on it, I know that the next  1,2 perhaps 3 GB's will most likely be combinations with  gray's because a lot of people were unsure if they wanted to join the Dolch GB for X amount of reasons.

After few GB's past and all grey/black bullets have been shot, people would like to try something different, its only matter of time mark my word. As far as I care Dolch and Handerbeit can keep me well fed for a whole year, patience is a virtue and I got plenty of both  ;)

Offline archer

« Reply #380 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 09:15:05 »
Coffee and Creammmmm!

That would be an amazing coffee and cream set! That's exactly what I envisioned when I voted for it  :thumb:

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #381 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 10:23:35 »
The thing with grey, it looks great on both black and white case keyboards and is not ostentatious looking. Stuff like colorful handarbeit is very cool, but many people wouldn't want to take that to work. Also grey is great to put on some colorful accent keys if you want a little something without going for over the top. Grey also doesn't look as bad as black when they get shiny.

It can get boring with the same thing over and over, or just small variations though. Many people don't realize something is good looking until they see some photos of the keys on actual keyboards.
Coffee and cream is something that would be a good colorway. That set I had is the only one I have seen still, and it was an odd set from unknown keyboard computer (like and apple IIe/C64 style) from 1984/1985. I would rather it all be the same base color though. I didn't really like the 2tone style when keypop made it with SP.

Offline ijprest

« Reply #382 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 12:20:01 »
Stuff like colorful handarbeit is very cool, but many people wouldn't want to take that to work.

Speaking only for myself, here, but I'm far more likely to use something like Handarbeit or Miami at work than I would be at home!  :)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 16:42:07 »
Handarbeit would be the set i take to school  :cool:

but definitely not a work set ...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 17:03:08 »

Haha, I would be getting that set for work specifically.  :) 

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #385 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 17:10:35 »

everyone at work likely thinks you are crazy already, so why not use Handarbeit there :)   I know I will be
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #386 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 17:14:49 »

everyone at work likely thinks you are crazy already, so why not use Handarbeit there :)   I know I will be

This guy gets it.  :)  If they look at you funny for being very picky about your keyboards, you might as well make your keyboard stand out.  haha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #387 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 17:29:09 »
I've had a few funny looks with Miami.

Can't wait to see what they say with Handarbeit, although I don't think I could use something that haphazard for long.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #388 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:04:31 »
I think people began to think we are crazy when are using those clicky switches.

A few days later, they join us though...

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #389 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:20:08 »
I think people began to think we are crazy when are using those clicky switches.

Ya our office clicks a lot now days. It took one person getting a blue filco and now 1/2 the office have mech keyboards.

The main reason why I am the strange one is because I buy keycap sets. They don't get why the caps the board came with arnt good enough and can't imagine why you would spend as much on the keycaps as you do on the keyboard.

It's tough to go back to stock filco caps after using thick pbt for a while though.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:29:50 »

Ya our office clicks a lot now days. It took one person getting a blue filco and now 1/2 the office have mech keyboards.

The main reason why I am the strange one is because I buy keycap sets. They don't get why the caps the board came with arnt good enough and can't imagine why you would spend as much on the keycaps as you do on the keyboard.

It's tough to go back to stock filco caps after using thick pbt for a while though.

First people try the keyboard, and they are satisfied.  Later they realize that there is more to just the switches.  And this is where wallethack comes in...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #391 on: Tue, 15 October 2013, 18:56:24 »
And this is where wallethack comes in...

The admin on this site needs to put it under the main heading of Geekhack.  Sooner or later it rings true for the rest of us addicts, always on the look out for the next "IN" colourway key-set  :-[ .

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #392 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 05:56:08 »
Handarbeit is for work keyboards only. :p

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #393 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 07:09:27 »

ONLY to be used in Hospitals and Mental Wards throughout Australia  ;D .

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #394 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 13:19:10 »
I think I will have first for keeps backlight keyboard for handarbeit, and make the led under the keycap color match :)) kind of like that Ducky 78 edition.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #395 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 14:12:30 »

ONLY to be used in Hospitals and Mental Wards throughout Australia  ;D .

Send all your Handarbeit to me!

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #396 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 18:34:16 »
I think I will have first for keeps backlight keyboard for handarbeit, and make the led under the keycap color match :)) kind of like that Ducky 78 edition.

Now I want that so bad.

« Reply #397 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 02:23:41 »
That Famicon would look amazing on my white-framed Rosewill, but alas, I voted for the Dolch colored Dolch because I'm having a heck of a time finding a double-shot set for the 3rd gen Das model S Pro I use at work.  When I ordered it I did not know that Das had modified the bottom row to make room for a function key.  I am tempted to get the Handarbeit set for it, but I'm afraid it would send the PFY into uncontrollable nerdgasms. (his word - not mine)

By the way Sherry, any chance of getting an extra 1x Win key added to a tsangan set for my aforementioned 3rd gen Das?  I think I voted in time with my extras request, but I'm not sure.  I'm happy to spring for a tsangan to accomodate my odd-ball layout, but not two of them.  Most tsangan sets seem to have enough other extras to make it work, but that second Win key is rare.

Oh, and if anyone is willing to answer my newb question, what program do you guys use to make your keyboard color mockups?  I have an Idea that I think would look really fantastic.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #398 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 03:22:20 »
That Famicon would look amazing on my white-framed Rosewill, but alas, I voted for the Dolch colored Dolch because I'm having a heck of a time finding a double-shot set for the 3rd gen Das model S Pro I use at work.  When I ordered it I did not know that Das had modified the bottom row to make room for a function key.  I am tempted to get the Handarbeit set for it, but I'm afraid it would send the PFY into uncontrollable nerdgasms. (his word - not mine)

By the way Sherry, any chance of getting an extra 1x Win key added to a tsangan set for my aforementioned 3rd gen Das?  I think I voted in time with my extras request, but I'm not sure.  I'm happy to spring for a tsangan to accomodate my odd-ball layout, but not two of them.  Most tsangan sets seem to have enough other extras to make it work, but that second Win key is rare.

Oh, and if anyone is willing to answer my newb question, what program do you guys use to make your keyboard color mockups?  I have an Idea that I think would look really fantastic.
Originaly Tsangan kits never came with x1 keys for R4, whenever there was SP GB the X1 keys usually were added to a separate extension set.

I actually asked Sherry if he can  include 2 x1 keys to the Tsangan kit and he did that, that's why the price went from $15 to $17 on the Tsangan, it makes sense because a lot of people have the Cheat layout and not only winkeyless 1.5 modifiers.

Sherry Tsangan will have 4x 1.50 ,  2 x1 , x7 space bar. Why on earth you need one more x1 key? you need 3 of them?.....

« Reply #399 on: Sat, 19 October 2013, 08:31:07 »
Originaly Tsangan kits never came with x1 keys for R4, whenever there was SP GB the X1 keys usually were added to a separate extension set.

I actually asked Sherry if he can  include 2 x1 keys to the Tsangan kit and he did that, that's why the price went from $15 to $17 on the Tsangan, it makes sense because a lot of people have the Cheat layout and not only winkeyless 1.5 modifiers.

Sherry Tsangan will have 4x 1.50 ,  2 x1 , x7 space bar. Why on earth you need one more x1 key? you need 3 of them?.....

Because Das decided to squeeze in a separate function key between the left control key and windows key, and to make room they squashed the windows keys and menu key down to 1x.  That puts a total of four 1x keys on the bottom row.  Most of the images Das put online are inaccurate, even on the big splash page for the product.  The picture on the box the keyboard came in is not accurate.  This image here http://www.daskeyboard.com/product/model-s-professional/  is NOT an image of the final product.  If I had know that they had changed the size of the modifiers I wouldn't have bought it.