Poll

Which type for GMK black lotus?

ICON mods
401 (66.3%)
TEXT mods
204 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 605

Author Topic: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset - UPDATED OP - GB GOING LIVE ON TKC ON APRIL 2020  (Read 292895 times)

Offline bakageta

Re: [IC] Black Lotus Keyset Update: ICON MODIFIERS
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 00:31:21 »
That purple on black set had me interested

Same, I'm on the fence with the base colorway, but that monochrome render really does it for me. If we get a monochrome mods addon I'm definitely in.

Offline Champalan

« Reply #451 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 20:21:18 »
In

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #452 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 22:22:17 »
man hope this happens, want this so bad have a few boards it would look amazing on i feel.

Offline sundin

« Reply #453 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 10:31:36 »
#fingercrossed#

Offline mavrc

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 09:40:06 »
I just now found out this existed and MOTHER OF GOD. I sure hope this happens, it's beautiful. The colorway is perfect. Super amazing work.

Offline abcgel

« Reply #455 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 02:42:58 »
i'm in!

Offline Champalan

« Reply #456 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 16:49:06 »
Any update?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #457 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 18:31:37 »
Any update?

We’ve been talking it over and are going to delay until late Jan/early Feb.  I got my exact bonus numbers now and I can’t manage as many sets as would like to yet, and there are an insane number of GMK buys right now (especially Tokyo nights cause there is a degree of overlap there), too many coming, and holiday shopping season is upon us.

I’d rather wait until I can buy at least 50 sets as originally planned to keep the moq to 200 for the buy itself.

I also talked it over with potatobot and he is open to doing the hiragana alphas in the base and considering monochrome to keep the prices down (all black or lavender, no 3rd color). Im putting together a poll now to actually lock down kits and colors and stuff.

I also am looking for an artist to do some box art and stuff.

Anyway, I wanna lock down kits within the next month or so so we can get prices and I can try and setup proxies and such. I’d like to try and pick and announce a specific date by around November so people have 3 months to plan their spending.

I know this might not be the timeline people want to hear, but I rather wait and run it when success is more likely than run it now and fail and then try and justify another attempt.

Oh, and if anyone knows any good artists lemme know, I want some box art and some stuff for a website :P

I am 100% committed to running this buy tho, I need it lol. I just don’t think running it in Nov/Dec makes sense and Oct already looks nutty :O.

Oh also, I’m gonna try and cover as many layouts as I can think of in my survey, but if you have an obscure keyboard you want coverage for please reply here (soonish) so I can add it to the poll. Right now the only details that are really locked down are black, lavender, 9009 style modifiers, novelties for accel world (though the specific novelties and count could change).

Otherwise it’s all up in the air, 1 big kit, a few kits, weeb or English alphas (I personally think unless the support is overwhelmingly for weeb alphas, that English as the base still makes more sense), alternating or single color frow, sublegends on numpad, etc... so let’s here opinions. What do you want? What do you care about?

I will try to post the survey and start a mailing list by Sunday tho.

PS, my rendering capabilities are limited currently, but I plan to buy a full keyshot license on Black Friday so after that expect to see a lot more renders :p.

Offline Champalan

« Reply #458 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 20:21:34 »
Wow thank you so much for this update! I completely agree with you regarding the delay, for there are so many things coming out in the next couple of months. I'm personally buying a base set plus novelties for an m60. I might buy two sets since I really love it. I'll be looking forward to the survey. Again, thank you very much and best of luck!

Offline dimo

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 20:24:09 »
Damn, so a shipping date of like mid-2019.

Might just get anther set for now in that case, and wait around

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 20:54:53 »
The one thing missing in the current kit that I'd like to see is an R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn (for use on a Tada68 65%).  GMK has been adding that into a lot of sets that didn't include it to support their Uniqey C70, but if they're going to throw it in even if you don't spec it, it would be nice to know that when orders are open (instead of finding out when the kits come in that I should've ordered it after all).

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #461 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 22:59:29 »
How about replacing the normal alpha with a nishi kit like samurai? I'm particularly not a big fan of weeb legends, but for some particular keysets, they just pair together so nice and clean. I would vote for a black set with purple legend like the render you posted a while back with the Kyu 65. I think that just looked so slick.

Offline glubazoid

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 23:56:40 »
Actually glad this is put on hold, as there are so many GB's right now (and coming up), it'd be wise to pick a set date. I'd be in if this set were to look like the mono black render

Offline mavrc

« Reply #463 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 10:41:28 »
I agree. So many other irons in the fire right now.  Still looking forward to this set, though.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #464 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 11:28:26 »
Lol can't believe I ever say this but I'm actually not even mad this gets delayed. With Chocolatier, Symbiosis and Carbon coming up in the next 3 months, a break to recover is always appreciated :))

Offline megaforce

« Reply #465 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 03:08:47 »
cmon BREH
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #466 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 14:13:14 »
cmon BREH

bruh I swear to god,
megaforce eats the best...
I swear to god bruh.

Anyway, life came up, but I have lots of time today so I’m gonna make survey today. I’m not sure what I wanna use to send newsletters out, so I may just use a google form signup thing for that for now and then I can just add them all myself to whatever I use.

« Reply #467 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 14:18:31 »
cmon BREH

bruh I swear to god,
megaforce eats the best...
I swear to god bruh.

Anyway, life came up, but I have lots of time today so I’m gonna make survey today. I’m not sure what I wanna use to send newsletters out, so I may just use a google form signup thing for that for now and then I can just add them all myself to whatever I use.

Oh boye, leggggggo BRA

Offline regionfree

« Reply #468 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 20:36:16 »
Just got a KIRA EXS that perfectly goes with this. IN.

Offline WilySouser

• I would RTFM, but I can't find the FM
« Reply #469 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 14:34:42 »
so many people waiting to not interfere with other gmk sets.  Lotta these boys becoming deer in headlights

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #470 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 14:47:01 »
I need this in my life

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #471 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 08:16:00 »
Any update?

We’ve been talking it over and are going to delay until late Jan/early Feb.  I got my exact bonus numbers now and I can’t manage as many sets as would like to yet, and there are an insane number of GMK buys right now (especially Tokyo nights cause there is a degree of overlap there), too many coming, and holiday shopping season is upon us.

I’d rather wait until I can buy at least 50 sets as originally planned to keep the moq to 200 for the buy itself.

I also talked it over with potatobot and he is open to doing the hiragana alphas in the base and considering monochrome to keep the prices down (all black or lavender, no 3rd color). Im putting together a poll now to actually lock down kits and colors and stuff.

Anyway, I wanna lock down kits within the next month or so so we can get prices and I can try and setup proxies and such. I’d like to try and pick and announce a specific date by around November so people have 3 months to plan their spending.

I know this might not be the timeline people want to hear, but I rather wait and run it when success is more likely than run it now and fail and then try and justify another attempt.

Oh, and if anyone knows any good artists lemme know, I want some box art and some stuff for a website :P

I am 100% committed to running this buy tho, I need it lol. I just don’t think running it in Nov/Dec makes sense and Oct already looks nutty :O.

Oh also, I’m gonna try and cover as many layouts as I can think of in my survey, but if you have an obscure keyboard you want coverage for please reply here (soonish) so I can add it to the poll. Right now the only details that are really locked down are black, lavender, 9009 style modifiers, novelties for accel world (though the specific novelties and count could change).

Otherwise it’s all up in the air, 1 big kit, a few kits, weeb or English alphas (I personally think unless the support is overwhelmingly for weeb alphas, that English as the base still makes more sense), alternating or single color frow, sublegends on numpad, etc... so let’s here opinions. What do you want? What do you care about?

PS, my rendering capabilities are limited currently, but I plan to buy a full keyshot license on Black Friday so after that expect to see a lot more renders :p.
Any update? With all the hype I'm sure this set will blow it through easily. There's nothing to be worried about :p. I'd suggest leaving both the 3rd color options on the table and an extra weeb monochrome alphas as a separate kit. That would look dope!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #472 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 09:06:10 »
Any update?

Any update? With all the hype I'm sure this set will blow it through easily. There's nothing to be worried about :p. I'd suggest leaving both the 3rd color options on the table and an extra weeb monochrome alphas as a separate kit. That would look dope!

Just waiting until I have more firm info. Been bugging artisans and vendors about various things. Pretty sure it will be launching 2/15. I have next week off work so should have a much easier time really focusing on this. Work been crazy.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #473 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 09:26:00 »
Just waiting until I have more firm info. Been bugging artisans and vendors about various things. Pretty sure it will be launching 2/15. I have next week off work so should have a much easier time really focusing on this. Work been crazy.
Thanks a lot for your hard work. I deliberately skipped phantom just for this because I dig the black/dark purple color theme a whole lot more Can't wait!

Offline portbaron

« Reply #474 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 18:59:50 »
1800 ready for this buy.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #475 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 20:01:50 »
Any chance of ortho and/or ergo support?

Offline PikaJoyce

« Reply #476 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 05:20:06 »
YES YES!!!!

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 09:26:27 »
The wait is killing me softly haha!

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #478 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 11:31:53 »
Vendor decided yet? Is it gonna be through MD or proxy vendor?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 17:44:00 »
Vendor decided yet? Is it gonna be through MD or proxy vendor?

I might run US myself, but the other regions should have proxies. Probably zfrontier and then somewhere for Europe. I gotta research those ones more.

I’ve also discussed the possibility of novelkeys running the buy itself cause I don’t really care about that part, I just wanna make sure it exists.

If nothing else mike has agreed to make desk mats for us :P.

Anyway, I’m off work this week, so hopefully I’m a few days I’ll have more info.

I’m assuming no one has issues with the 2/15 date other than not wanting to wait tho? Seems far enough from Christmas that wallets can recover, and I figure it’s enough notice that even if it’s crazy like now it will be okay.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #480 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 17:45:02 »
Any chance of ortho and/or ergo support?

I plan to cover these in surveys to see what the real interest is. I also need to figure out the most minimal AND correct ways to get such coverage. As I imagine it’s possible to do them cheaper with like blanks or wrong legends in places.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 18:38:14 »
ortho omegalul
More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 18:53:28 »
I'm keen for a set of this. Love myself some dark colourways.

If you want help with Australian distribution, I can offer the services of Daily Clack  :D

Offline Kurisu666

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 19:40:01 »
2/15 seems like a perfect time. I don't mind the wait as long as someone reminds me a couple weeks before so I can put away the funds for a set (or two). Was there any talk of a hiragana sublegend alpha kit? I would definitely throw money at that as well now that the tooling is already there.

Offline ra7c7er

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 20:24:12 »
I'm nearly 100% down for the novelty caps if not the whole set.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 21:16:53 »
2/15 seems like a perfect time. I don't mind the wait as long as someone reminds me a couple weeks before so I can put away the funds for a set (or two). Was there any talk of a hiragana sublegend alpha kit? I would definitely throw money at that as well now that the tooling is already there.

I definitely wanna try to do a hiragana kit, but would prefer to keep it out of base unless there is an overwhelming majority who want hybrid base.

Offline bdkrzy

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 23:55:19 »
Deleted.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 23:56:45 »

I’m assuming no one has issues with the 2/15 date other than not wanting to wait tho? Seems far enough from Christmas that wallets can recover, and I figure it’s enough notice that even if it’s crazy like now it will be okay.

Oh yes let's get it kicking! Been waiting for so long already.

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 21:05:15 »
Will there be a black space bar included in the kit?

ps. This needs to happen even more now after that illegible VT fiasco, need a legible purple/black gmk in my life por favor

Offline megaforce

« Reply #489 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 10:17:54 »
lets yeet the yeast
More

Offline Thocktacular

« Reply #490 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 00:40:05 »
Hopefully the set drops a little later in Q1, (late Feb/March) so I'll be able to get it and Bento.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #491 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 02:22:19 »
Should have some updates soon. I’m on vacation next 2 weeks and I did burn all that money on Black Friday buying keyshot. There’s a few more caps I need to model and then I’m gonna render out a couple variants and see what people think.

Schedule is tight the next day or two but then I have nothing for the next like 10 days.

One thing I’m torn about is whether or not the novelties should go in the base kit. To whoever was asking above, there will probably be a black spacebar in the kit just to help keep quakemz sane.

The big decision is just how big a base kit to do and how many child kits we can manage without totally ruining all of their chances.

Anyway, I’ll mock up a few different kit variants and versions of the color way (2 color vs 3 color) etc. and then we can see what people think. Hopefully the majority all lean the same way.

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #492 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 02:59:02 »

One thing I’m torn about is whether or not the novelties should go in the base kit. To whoever was asking above, there will probably be a black spacebar in the kit just to help keep quakemz sane.

The big decision is just how big a base kit to do and how many child kits we can manage without totally ruining all of their chances.

Anyway, I’ll mock up a few different kit variants and versions of the color way (2 color vs 3 color) etc. and then we can see what people think. Hopefully the majority all lean the same way.

do you think base kit without numpad is viable? (like Jamón)

the price of the base kit would go down significantly (is it?), I presume, and we will more likely to reach MOQ. But the (separated) numpad would not make it.

with numpad separated, probably you can put a few novelties in the base kit (ehh... would this defeats the purpose of separating the numpad?)

another child kit is the spacebar kit, which would include:  2.75u, 2.25u, 1.75u (both black and lavender)
(since you would put black (long) spacebar in the base kit, I only list the small spacebars)

to conclude my rambling, I suggest these kits:
- Base kit (without numpad, similar to Jamón)
- Numpad kit
- Novelty kit
- Spacebar kit
 ;D
---
looking forward to your update!!!  :thumb:

Offline crysilica

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 09:13:59 »
Are there any updates on this?

« Reply #494 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:25:27 »
Hopefully some movement on this set soon... This is a definite need.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #495 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 03:22:50 »
I have a feeling its gonna line up with some **** I also want and I'll have to get a credit card ><

Offline rk74051

• Carpe Noctem Iterum
« Reply #496 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 08:29:17 »
Waiting for update..... :-[
|archon REːAL PLATINUM FX Round 2 DIY KIT[Black, Aluminium Plate, Ver 2.0 PCB, Drop Holy Panda, Massdrop X Oblotzky SA Oblivion Oblivion Mod(Oblivion Alpha),  Signed by Joe 'Mr.Hahn' Hahn of Linkin Park(Carry On, 7/18/2019 KST)]|
|CM Storm Novatouch TKL[Norbauer R2 Galactic Blue, Massdrop X Mito SA Godspeed]|

Offline Cloudnine25

• Chilling
« Reply #497 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 02:44:19 »
Any updates? ;)

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #498 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 22:51:05 »
Guys, I'm gonna do some big brain reverse psychology here in an effort to get this set made... You won't do it, ****.

Edit: pu$$y

Offline thearctican

« Reply #499 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 23:52:08 »
So the aftermarket price of this will go way up, right? Think Beckett will grade sets for us?