Author Topic: Should we do more of these?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
Should we do more of these?
« on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 22:24:13 »
Happened across this design in the quest of working on something else, but with the requests for simple keys, should we clean this idea up and do some of these? I'm thinking making the color strip around the edge on the top of the key a bit thicker, and these colors are horrible, but if done with better colors??? (Or has this been done already and is old news?)
FIND US AT: 

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Should we do more of these?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 03:45:05 »
Reminds me of Qwerkeys caps:

Nice, but not particularly special, IMHO.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 06:19:40 »
Happened across this design in the quest of working on something else, but with the requests for simple keys, should we clean this idea up and do some of these? I'm thinking making the color strip around the edge on the top of the key a bit thicker, and these colors are horrible, but if done with better colors??? (Or has this been done already and is old news?)

I think people can always use well made blanks. If you can refine your colors and process, there would be people interested.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 14:11:02 »
but with the requests for simple keys, should we clean this idea up and do some of these?

That black field is just begging to have some sort of emblem on it.

Or maybe just an eyeball.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 15:48:37 »
Cool, thank you all!  After we get our first sale under our belts here very soon,we will refine these guys then. I also want to inlay some glass pictures (a special technique of glass that we do), into the tops of of some keys, so I could probably do a glass eyeball into the top of these pretty handily, if we can get the inlay to work the way I'm thinking...
FIND US AT: 

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 17:19:30 »
Cool, thank you all!  After we get our first sale under our belts here very soon,we will refine these guys then. I also want to inlay some glass pictures (a special technique of glass that we do), into the tops of of some keys, so I could probably do a glass eyeball into the top of these pretty handily, if we can get the inlay to work the way I'm thinking...

That frankly sounds really cool. Might i suggest making it look like an old school TV or computer monitor? People would be clamoring for those IMO

Offline gloyz

• GloyZ
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 17:47:19 »

That frankly sounds really cool. Might i suggest making it look like an old school TV or computer monitor? People would be clamoring for those IMO

Love it^!!  I think we can arrange that!!
FIND US AT: