Author Topic: [IC] GMK WoB Alpha Addons (APL, Katakana)  (Read 15266 times)

Re: [IC] GMK WoB Alpha Addons
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 21:49:32 »
add a color other than red for the sub legends pls.

Offline SE7EN_ate_NINE

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 08:01:08 »
I'm in for both of these, but why not add some other sublegend options too and other sublegend colors? WoB with pink Hiragana sublegends would look very cool.

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 13 December 2021, 14:39:00 »
I think other sublegends and colors would be cool, but MOQs are still a thing and I don't want the existence of too many kits to cannibalize each other. A couple vendors will guarantee all kits get made, but whether or not they want to run this is out of my control. Hangul would be nice, and I'd be interested in running it if  I decide not to go with the other kit I'm currently eyeing.

In regards to kitting:
I've gotten a decent number of requests to add tab. If I add tab, I feel like I might as well be adding enters and spacebars so people can fill two boards without having to compromise. No clue how pricing would look on a kit like this, but I'm down to submit quotes with multiple kitting variations to see what we'd be dealing with. Working on some updated kitting renders.
IF Hangul is added, there are no subs on the numrow or punctuation keys, so the option of a cheaper kit that doesn't include the keys to fill two boards may be preferable. If people would rather have the option of filling two boards via a larger, more expensive kit, let me know.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 December 2021, 18:02:09 by illusixn »

Offline denibhoxha

• cock and balls technology
Re: [IC] GMK WoB Alpha Addons (APL, Katakana)
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 14 December 2021, 19:01:12 »
Honestly for the hangul kit id say to go with the cheaper option without the extra keys and numrow, considering its the easier option in terms of kitting as well.

Offline rath_k

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 01:43:53 »
wob alphas goated.

Would really like to see some greek alphas such as in gmk greek beige.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 10:53:43 »
goated, based, etc. will buy

Offline krzank

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 18 December 2021, 17:39:58 »
R4:Backslash/Pipe please!

Offline logaboga

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 10:16:37 »
I'm in for both of these, but why not add some other sublegend options too and other sublegend colors? WoB with pink Hiragana sublegends would look very cool.

A bit late of a response, but I actually got my (only) set of keycaps from AliExpress because there was a vendor with a PBT keyset in WoB and pink hiragana sublegends. Don't have a pic with my nice camera on hand, but here's one with an iPhone: https://imgur.com/a/vjrNQqh

I believe the seller's actually taken the listing down now, which is a real shame.
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 December 2021, 10:20:26 by logaboga »

Offline HYTE-Eddie

• HYTE
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 11:48:18 »
IC Form filled out!   :thumb:

Offline fropsie

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 01:05:34 »
Super pumped for that APL, but as said before by others would love to see a more accurate rework of it!
Great job none-the-less!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 17:50:21 »
Is there a target date for this GB to run? Or is it not in that stage yet?

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 09:47:36 »
Is there a target date for this GB to run? Or is it not in that stage yet?

It's not yet in that stage. I am unable to contact GMK regarding quotes until I have vendors on board so I'm working on that now. I've reached out to my vendor of choice, and depending on the response, I'll determine how I move forward (whether or not I'm able to add a couple more kits to the currently proposed offering).

Currently working on new renders of different kitting options. Considering including spacebars (6.25u/7u), tab, and enters (so people won't have to use the accent enter's included in Drop's kits). I plan on submitting all kitting options for quotes at the same time so I can decide whether or not pricing on the larger kits is reasonable.