Author Topic: Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( IN PRODUCTION & More information available on GB borad )  (Read 49754 times)

Offline hormbre

• I am not played by keycaps = =!
 More information available on GB borad:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99745.0

Updated on Mar 24th 2019 :We have made XDA Melon come ture !  Thank you !

Updated on Jul 4th 2018 :1. Renders DONE!!     Thank you !

Updated on Jun 10th 2018 : 1. Renders with keyboard are available now, thanks for the support of Thesiscamper, Fox Labs, CA66, Mechmini2.0.      Thank you !

Updated on Oct 27th : 1. Manufacturer has been changed to the one produces XDA Canvas and XDA GodSpeed.     Thank you !

Updated on Aug 29th : 1. Numpad Kit has been extended to match 21-key Mechanical Numpad. Thanks to tectonicplate@MassDrop ! 2. Samples won't be available this month due to the delay of manufacturer.    Thank you !

Updated on Aug 13th : 1. Gamer set has been added for MOBA/FPS games.    Thank you !

Updated on Jul 21th : 1. Homing keys has been added for Colemak/Dvorak layout . 2.ErgoDox kit added .     Thank you !

Updated on Jul 17th : Communicated with XDA manufacturer: 1. Use  five-side dye sublimation for light color legends keycaps & colorful legends keycaps. 2.Samples will be provided on August,  before Group buy starts. 3. Novelties kit optimized to be more systematic; Spacebar kit extended; Ortho/Planck kit added.   Thank you !

Updated on Jul 6th : 1.Spacebars kit has been extended as suggested.        Thank you for your support!

Updated on Jul 3rd :   1.We have decided to change the profile of Melon to XDA!  2.More kits & more novelties are available. We have designed 7 kits ,the planck kit will be added soon. 3. XDA Melon will be sold by kit.     Any questions and suggestions are welcomed!

Thank you for viewing!

Here comes a keyset designed by several mechanical keyborad fans from China. It is inspired by a cartoon character named Diana in Little Witch Academia, whose hair is almost the same color as hami-melon in China.

199283-0
199285-1
199287-2
199289-3
199291-4
199293-5
199295-6
199297-7
199299-8
199301-9
199303-10
199305-11

197702-12

197704-13

197706-14

197708-15

197710-16

197712-17

Thanks for the support of Thesiscamper, Fox Labs, CA66, Mechmini2.0 !

Final design:https://imgur.com/a/3POOV

The original design:
Jul 20th: http://imgur.com/a/WMUZx
Jul 16th: http://imgur.com/a/DsRop
Jul 2nd: http://imgur.com/a/OR1Q2
Jun 14th:  http://imgur.com/a/zhRd2
Jun 11th:  http://imgur.com/a/wRAHQ
Jun 7th:    http://imgur.com/a/mX7MV

I would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions you have ,thank you very much !

UPDATED ON Jul 1st :  We are sorry to tell you that the group buy will not open on July 5th, because the collaboration with MAXKEY will not continue for some reasons!    Apologize for this again !UPDATED ON JUN 25TH:  1.Renders completed !2. Questionnaire of MAXKEY SA Melon Group Buy 3.Group Buy will open on Jul 5th ! Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 15TH:   Design completed ! To avoid investing too much with few outputs, 1. Give up ~`   |\  in Mod's color , while retaining the number 0 in Alphas's color for a huger demand.  2.Reduce the colors of Novelties kit from 4 to 2, in order to get a lower price on this kit. 3. Working on renders now,will be updated soon.    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 13TH: 1.The color of Modifiers has been changed ,as well as the color of Novelties.  2. Open poll on MassDrop :
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/-Product-SA-Melon-keyset-produced-by-MaxKeysThank you !UPDATE ON JUN 11TH: 1.The color of Base has been changed for a more unified style. 2. Add an orange 1U ESC novelty .    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 10TH: 1.The color of 1U "0" in Non Standard Adapter kit has been changed to be the same as the color of alphas. 2. The font size of Enter key has been reduced to 2/3 of original to make it seem much simple and clean. 3. The size of the flower in Novelties has been reduced a little .    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 8TH: 1.The picture of non standard adapter kit has been added.   2.The SA profile is 112343.    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 7TH: 1.Design confirmed with pictures updated below(some non-stand keycaps will be added later), and renders are started to create.    2.Probably choose MAXKEY as manufacturer due to a shorter time to wait, as well as a lower price.    3.Groupbuy website preference: please tell us which one (except MD) do you like .    Thank you ! UPDATED ON JUN 4TH: We have connected MAXKEY, they are able to make this keyset unless: 1. A little change in novelties, such as no stripe in ESC and ENTER novelties. 2. MOQ >= 200. 3. must be sold as one set. The good news is that the price would probably under $100 exclude PP&shipping fee.Questionnaire of MAXKEY SA Melon Group Buy
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 May 2019, 23:32:57 by hormbre »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: [IC]SA MELON
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 22:02:38 »
nice, i like that show :thumb:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline ns90

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 22:39:20 »
I really like the paler keys on this, but I think the enter key should be the same color as the other mods, and the legends on the novelty arrow should be black, as a subtle accent. I'd probably pass, as I'm not a fan of SA, but I like what you've got going on.

Offline scwoopz

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 22:51:04 »
SA so that's a no-go for me (that wait time 😞). I do agree with ns90, though. I also recommend having the arrows and enter as extras.
ortho or shmortho

Offline hormbre

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 23:17:48 »
I really like the paler keys on this, but I think the enter key should be the same color as the other mods, and the legends on the novelty arrow should be black, as a subtle accent. I'd probably pass, as I'm not a fan of SA, but I like what you've got going on.
Thank you for your advice.The previous enter key color was supposed to show the novelty color ,now it is changed back to the mods color. I will take in consider of the arrow color ,awsome thanks !
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 02:06:30 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 23:24:52 »
SA so that's a no-go for me (that wait time 😞). I do agree with ns90, though. I also recommend having the arrows and enter as extras.

Thank you for your advice, I have changed the enter color as the same as mods. The arrows and enter will be involved in Novelty kit as wish.

We have thought about GMK, but it sets quite a high threshold for customized color. On the other hand , a good thing is always worth the wait ~~~
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 August 2017, 17:10:41 by hormbre »

Offline scwoopz

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 23:40:04 »

Thank you for your advice, I have changed the enter color as the same as mods. The arrows and enter will be involved in Novelty kit as wish.

We have thought about GMK, but it sets quite a high threshold for customized color. In the other hand , a good thing is always worth the wait ~~~
Yes, good thing are worth the wait. But not a 16-24 month wait.
ortho or shmortho

Offline hormbre

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 00:29:05 »

We have thought about GMK, but it sets quite a high threshold for customized color. In the other hand , a good thing is always worth the wait ~~~
Yes, good thing are worth the wait. But not a 16-24 month wait.
aha, I think it is the issue that SP manufacturer should pay more attention to solve ...

Offline TeHao

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 02 June 2017, 05:57:36 »
Oh, I am in.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 11:02:55 »
UPDATE ON JUN 7TH: 1.Design confirmed with pictures updated (some non-stand keycaps will be added later), and renders are started to create.    2.Probably choose MAXKEY as manufacturer due to a shorter time to wait, as well as a lower price.    3.Groupbuy website preference: please tell us which one do you like .    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Sun, 13 August 2017, 17:12:04 by hormbre »

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 11:08:28 »
I love both SA and this color scheme, but I've been out of the loop and didn't know vendors besides Signature Plastics had SA profile caps. How does the MAXKEY profile compare to Signature Plastics'?

Offline hormbre

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 11:14:25 »
Base Kit:
175605-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 02:17:47 by hormbre »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 12:33:55 »
You'll want to check with Maxkey about those novelties, from what I've heard they charge a ton for them.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 13:00:10 »
Thank you ! Already checked , by using different color on one design, it would not cost that much for novelties.They also provide different drop prices, which means the more sold, the cheaper it would be : )
You'll want to check with Maxkey about those novelties, from what I've heard they charge a ton for them.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 June 2017, 10:00:23 by hormbre »

Offline xantiema

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 07 June 2017, 14:08:06 »
Funky set, may or may not join  :-*

Offline hormbre

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 00:15:18 »
UPDATE ON JUN 8TH: 1.The picture of non standard adapter kit has been added.   2.The SA profile is 112343.    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:09:43 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 07:29:30 »
Would you mind telling me what are the key factors to make up your mind ? : )

Offline xantiema

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 11:50:32 »

For me personally, it comes down to:
1) Renders
2) The contrast of the Alphas/Legends on the renders (looks too close in colour at this very moment, but I love the colors so long as the contrast works)
3) Alternatives for the number-row as the GMK style latin number row never interested me, big bold SA-style letters could be dope, or perhaps novelties (lemon pieces representing each number? e.g. 2 pieces for number 2).
4) Lastly I think the "melon" novelty needs a redesign, as something about them is off and I personally wouldn't use them currently as-is.

//Xantiema

Offline hormbre

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:11:01 »
Thanks for your sharing! Here is what I can reply as far as I know:

1) Renders
We have found a professional designer in China, and he is working on it .

2) The contrast of the Alphas/Legends on the renders (looks too close in colour at this very moment, but I love the colors so long as the contrast works)
Thank you for your identification with the colors. We will check samples with MAXKEY to make sure it is exactly what it is supposed to be .

3) Alternatives for the number-row as the GMK style latin number row never interested me, big bold SA-style letters could be dope, or perhaps novelties (lemon pieces representing each number? e.g. 2 pieces for number 2).
Unfortunately we can not make any improvement on the numbers since the moulds can not be changed by us.  Novelties either can not be added easily by the cost of new moulds.

4) Lastly I think the "melon" novelty needs a redesign, as something about them is off and I personally wouldn't use them currently as-is.
We have got your suggestion and will consentrate on this. Thanks !

//Xantiema

Offline xantiema

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 12:42:09 »
Thanks for your sharing! Here is what I can reply as far as I know:

Cheers, I'll join the GB most likely and look forward to the renders. Keep up the good work!
1) Renders
We have found a professional designer in China, and he is working on it .

Thank you for your identification with the colors. We will check samples with MAXKEY to make sure it is exactly what it is supposed to be .

Unfortunately we can not make any improvement on the numbers since the moulds can not be changed by us.  Novelties either can not be added easily by the cost of new moulds.

We have got your suggestion and will consentrate on this. Thanks !

//Xantiema

Offline hormbre

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 10 June 2017, 04:33:17 »
UPDATE ON JUN 10TH: 1.The color of 1U "0" in Non Standard Adapter kit has been changed to be the same as the color of alphas. 2. The font size of Enter key has been reduced to 2/3 of original to make it seem much simple and clean. 3. The size of the flower in Novelties has been reduced a little .    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:10:02 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC]SA MELON (updated on Jun 11th)
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 02:32:45 »
UPDATE ON JUN 11TH: 1.The color of Base has been changed for a more unified style. 2. Add an orange 1U ESC novelty .    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:10:13 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC]SA MELON (updated on Jun 13th)
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 03:50:37 »
UPDATE ON JUN 13TH: 1.Submit the proofing demand to manufacturer, the colors are all in form of Pantone required by the manufacturer, and the pictures of view have uploaded as you can see below.    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 June 2017, 13:22:28 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 13:20:08 »
UPDATE ON JUN 13TH: 1.The color of Modifiers has been changed ,as well as the color of Novelties.    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:11:10 by hormbre »

Offline sklin

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 13:33:12 »
like this new version, good luck on the GB!

Offline hormbre

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 21:28:46 »
like this new version, good luck on the GB!

Oh my Venus, it is my honor & glad to hear that ~~~

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC]MaxKeys SA Melon (Open poll on MassDrop, updated on Jun 15th )
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 05:50:42 »
UPDATED ON JUN 15TH:  Design completed ! To avoid invest too much with few outputs, 1. Give up ~`   |\  in Mod's color , while retaining the number 0 in Alphas's color for a huger demand.  2.Reduce the colors of Novelties kit from 4 to 2, in order to get a lower price on this kit. 3. Working on renders now,will be updated soon.    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 21:28:34 by hormbre »

Offline xantiema

Re: [IC]MaxKeys SA Melon (***Design Completed***, updated on Jun 15th )
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 07:16:37 »
Isn't there ISO support?

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC]MaxKeys SA Melon (***Design Completed***, updated on Jun 15th )
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 09:32:03 »
Isn't there ISO support?

Unfortunately not, because the moulds of MAXKEY don't contain ISO layout.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:11:26 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

UPDATED ON JUN 25TH:  1.Renders completed !   2. Questionnaire of MAXKEY SA Melon Group Buy  3.Group Buy will open on Jul 5th !   
Thank you !
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 21:28:49 by hormbre »

Offline xantiema

Quite like the render colors  :D

Offline hormbre

Because the renders are designed by Obl  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Quite like the render colors  :D

Offline lovetree

UPDATED ON JUN 25TH:  1.Renders completed !   2. Questionnaire of MAXKEY SA Melon Group Buy  3.Group Buy will open on Jul 5th !   
Thank you !

Good to hear the GB starts.
Where does the GB open? Geekhack or GB web site?

Offline hormbre

Thank you !

We are doing a questionnaire now , which will help us to make this decision : )

Offline lovetree

Thank you !

I also answered the questionnaire :)
Seeing the GB start day, I thought the way to go GB has been determined.

Thank you and I will wait for new update!

Offline hormbre

Thank you !

I also answered the questionnaire :)
Seeing the GB start day, I thought the way to go GB has been determined.

Thank you and I will wait for new update!
You have known too much ... Yes ,over 80% people who finished the questionnaire have chosen GH to open GB so far.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:12:08 by hormbre »

Offline colgateam

Any chance of getting them to change the tooling from 'BACK SPACE' to 'BACKSPACE'

Offline hormbre

Any chance of getting them to change the tooling from 'BACK SPACE' to 'BACKSPACE'

Unfortunately not because of the moulds of MAXKEY.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:12:33 by hormbre »

Offline LiamOS

I've been putting off making an account here for a long time, but this has forced my hand.

What's the approximate timescale for these actually reaching buyers? I want it heroically badly but I'm moving house in late September.

Awesome design by the way!

Offline colgateam

edit
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 03:32:55 by colgateam »

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.

However in their? miami render it shows as normal now
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6jjomt/icmaxkeys_sa_miami/
Show Image

That's not a 'MaxKeys render', its a KLE run through a shading tool. The person that created this made a mistake basically.

Offline colgateam

thought that might have been the case, hence the question mark lol

Offline dsaf

Hopefully they will get ISO one day.

Offline ricyuyc

When would the GB start?

Offline sklin

When would the GB start?
It will start on July5 as OP stated. :thumb:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline hormbre

I've been putting off making an account here for a long time, but this has forced my hand.

What's the approximate timescale for these actually reaching buyers? I want it heroically badly but I'm moving house in late September.

Awesome design by the way!

Hey ~ First of all, thank you for your support and affirmation !

We have calculated the time of shipment ,which is October 18th, and you may receive them about 7-15 days later if you are outside China.

Thank you again sincerely !
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 July 2017, 23:09:34 by hormbre »

Offline LiamOS

Hey ~ First of all, thank you for your support and affirmation !

We have calculated the time of shipment ,which is October 18th, and you may receive them about 7-15 days later if you are outside China.

Thank you again sincerely !
I will try to go for probably 2 sets, but I'll have to think about it, since I will be moving to Japan just before they ship.  :blank:

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Any chance of standard green caps instead of only essentially novelty green caps?
keyboards.

Offline hormbre

Any chance of standard green caps instead of only essentially novelty green caps?
We would love to ,but the cost of novelties is still expensive by MAXKEY now. We have given up some novelties (Loulan castle etc.) , which have already been designed  :(
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:13:47 by hormbre »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
No worries.  It looks very nice with a silver case.
keyboards.

Offline hormbre

No worries.  It looks very nice with a silver case.

Apologize for my misunderstanding ( thought "caps" = "CapsLock"  before ).
The light green color of Modifiers is selected to be more matchable with hami melon in China, as you can see below : )
171946-0

Offline lovetree

Hey, I found a seller opening GB of SA melon in Taobao.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w25148-9309242114.5.2e538ffeRDxGQ4&id=554598839431

Is this GB an official proxy in Asia?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Does maxkey mimic SP colors? If so, what color code will the alphas resemble?
keyboards.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.

They do Pantones

Offline hormbre

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.w25148-9309242114.5.2e538ffeRDxGQ4&id=554598839431

Yes! We have opened GB in China since Jun 29th . The Taobao link you posted is the official channel of MAXKEY : )
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:15:02 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

They do Pantones

Yes, the manufacturer do pantones as Oblotzky replied( Thanks  :thumb:). BTW MAXKEY is considering to make their own colors in the future as far as I know.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:17:15 by hormbre »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
What's the Pantone for the alphas? Sorry for all the questions
keyboards.

Offline hormbre

What's the Pantone for the alphas? Sorry for all the questions

background: 9180 U
Font:16-1442 TCX

Offline lovetree

Yes! We have opened GB in China since Jun 29th . The Taobao link you posted is the official channel of MAXKEY : )

I can't believe they have already been sold out in Taobao proxy while I was waiting for your reply!
Wow, it sells like the speed of light.
Now I have to wait 5th July to join the GB.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 July 2017, 04:49:54 by lovetree »

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC]MAXKEY SA Melon ( updated on Jul 1st )
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 02:18:36 »
UPDATED ON Jul 1st :  We are sorry to tell you that the group buy will not open on July 5th, because the collaboration with MAXKEY will not continue for some reasons!     Apologize for this again !

Offline lovetree

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 04:51:32 »
UPDATED ON Jul 1st :  We are sorry to tell you that the group buy will not open on July 5th, because the collaboration with MAXKEY will not continue for some reasons!     Apologize for this again !

Ah, so bad news.
But I hope this project go GB eventually.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 07:30:36 »
Whaaat????? :(
keyboards.

Offline LiamOS

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 10:34:19 »
Damn. Is there any possibility that these will be available anywhere or another time?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 10:45:12 »
Can you tell us what happened.
keyboards.

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC]XDA Melon ( updated on Jul 3rd )
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:06:17 »
UPDATED ON Jul 3rd :  1.We have decided to change the profile of Melon to XDA!  2.More kits & more novelties are available. We have designed 7 kits ,the planck kit will be added soon. 3. XDA Melon will be sold by kit.     Any questions and suggestions are welcomed!
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 July 2017, 14:19:06 by hormbre »

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:13:10 »
UPDATED ON Jul 3rd :  1.We have decided to change the profile of Melon to XDA!  2.More kits & more novelties are available. We have designed 7 kits ,the planck will be added soon.     Any questions and suggestions are welcomed!
Ohhhh interesting. Kinda sad it isnt SA anymore but I have been planning to get an XDA set. Can't wait to see what the planck set will look like :o

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline ns90

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:20:06 »
Alright, now that it's not SA you can count me in.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:31:32 »
I'd still be on board with XDA, however, I would make sure you're confident in their ability to recreate the colors. The rgb dye sub job on milestone was washed out and didn't match renders. Canvas was delayed due to poor legend dye sub job on the initial run.
keyboards.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:47:12 »
Alright, now that it's not SA you can count me in.

Same here.

Offline colgateam

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 14:51:28 »
So glad this isn't SA anymore!
XDA is one of my favourite looking profiles too =)

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 23:08:39 »
I just started taking interest in this too now that it's XDA and has some kits that can accommodate ortholinear boards. Can't wait to see the XDA renders :thumb:

Just one suggestion - Perhaps offer the 1U "enter" key in both colours the same way you offer it in the base kit for consistency?
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline hormbre

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 03:33:29 »
I just started taking interest in this too now that it's XDA and has some kits that can accommodate ortholinear boards. Can't wait to see the XDA renders :thumb:

Just one suggestion - Perhaps offer the 1U "enter" key in both colours the same way you offer it in the base kit for consistency?

Good suggestion, we will add one soon !
Thank you very much !

Offline LiamOS

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 08:57:55 »
Well, I guess I'll be getting an XDA set then.

Offline lovetree

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 09:15:22 »
Very interesting to change to XDA profile.
But I have some concerns on the colors because of the material of keycap.
XDA might be PBT not ABS, then it might adopt dye-sub instead of double injection.
Can the colors of your design be produced properly?
This might be my prejudice but the dye-subed colors are so vague and too calm.
I hope your Melon keysets be bright and clear.
Good luck on GB!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 09:18:52 »
I would implore you to add more keys to the space bar kit. XDA has convex 2, 2.25, and 2.75u molds, and you could also add a blank 1.25u cap. All of these are essential for those of us trying to use split space, which is becoming more and more popular, yet is maddening difficult to find coverage for.
keyboards.

Offline e996

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 11:26:42 »
I would implore you to add more keys to the space bar kit. XDA has convex 2, 2.25, and 2.75u molds, and you could also add a blank 1.25u cap. All of these are essential for those of us trying to use split space, which is becoming more and more popular, yet is maddening difficult to find coverage for.
I second this! A smaller option to maybe just get 1u mods or blanks would also be very nice

Offline hormbre

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 21:16:11 »

Have added as you wish , thanks for your sugguestion  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 18:58:09 »
I second this! A smaller option to maybe just get 1u mods or blanks would also be very nice
Thirded! I use 6x 1U space keys on my matrix board. I'm not 100% in yet, so I won't make any wild demands, but the availability of 1U space keys (concave would be fine, but convex would be very interesting if available) would definitely tip me towards joining.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:26:47 »

Thirded! I use 6x 1U space keys on my matrix board. I'm not 100% in yet, so I won't make any wild demands, but the availability of 1U space keys (concave would be fine, but convex would be very interesting if available) would definitely tip me towards joining.

We have got your suggestion. As the planck kit will be added, which is made up by several 1u keycaps, We wonder:
1. Is it still necessary to add 1u blank keys?
2.What are they going to be used & how many should be added ?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( updated on Jul 3rd )
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 22:05:00 »
On 75 and 65% boards the 1u would be right control, alt, win or function. 3 needed. On hhkb they'd be alt, or perhaps win/os. 2 needed.
keyboards.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 11:43:04 »
Done : )

172465-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 July 2017, 22:13:52 by hormbre »

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 12:58:24 »
Yeeeeees. You are awesome hormbre. Can't lie though, i've been refreshing this to see that planck kit since you announced that it was coming :))

Offline hormbre

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 21:42:46 »
Yeeeeees. You are awesome hormbre. Can't lie though, i've been refreshing this to see that planck kit since you announced that it was coming :))

Sorry , we are busy redesigning novelties at present. The planck kit will be added as soon as the new novelties kit is finished , and I will send you PM then .
Thanks for your support : )

Offline hormbre

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:01:14 »
UPDATED ON Jul 6th : 1.Spacebars kit has been extended as suggested.      Thank you for your support!

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 July 2017, 03:59:29 by hormbre »

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:11:56 »

2.new Novelties kit
(Attachment Link)

This gets my vote. I had no idea that the elvish was even elvish :)) The novelties make more sense to me now :thumb:

Offline hormbre

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:17:35 »
This gets my vote. I had no idea that the elvish was even elvish :)) The novelties make more sense to me now :thumb:

Sorry to hear that... Since we just add this elvish one as someone suggested , which is almost out of our standing, would you please suggest a elvish font for this elvish "mellon" Enter key cap ?
Thank you !

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:46:27 »

Sorry to hear that... Since we just add this elvish one as someone suggested , which is almost out of our standing, would you please suggest a elvish font for this elvish "mellon" Enter key cap ?
Thank you !
Oh no, i mean that i like it better now. The old font was the one i didnt understand :D

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 16:51:15 »

Thank you !

It's awesome that you're so willing to take on all suggestions, but I just don't get this one. A novelty in elvish that says melon? What? I'm not seeing the connection between melons and Lord of the Rings.

On the topic of not understanding the novelties... what's up with that temple?

I've just realised something else... if this is XDA, unless they've confirmed they can do inverse dye-sub for you, the dark green keys with beige font and the dark orange keys with light green font aren't possible.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 21:06:31 »

It's awesome that you're so willing to take on all suggestions, but I just don't get this one. A novelty in elvish that says melon? What? I'm not seeing the connection between melons and Lord of the Rings.

It is a connection between "melon" and "mellon",which means "friend" in Elvish. You can see the sugguestion proposed from here.

I've just realised something else... if this is XDA, unless they've confirmed they can do inverse dye-sub for you, the dark green keys with beige font and the dark orange keys with light green font aren't possible.
Completely agree with you . We will check with manufaturer next week, and nothing more will be updated until they are capable to produce .

Thank you very much !
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 July 2017, 21:08:05 by hormbre »

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 23:26:38 »

It is a connection between "melon" and "mellon",which means "friend" in Elvish. You can see the sugguestion proposed from here.

Completely agree with you . We will check with manufaturer next week, and nothing more will be updated until they are capable to produce .

Thank you very much !

Oh thanks for clearing that up. That topic also gave a good background on the other novelties like the temple key representing Loulan, but then isn't Loulan quite far from Hami? My geography for China isn't good, but they look so far apart - about 500km. Is this something that's visible from Hami, or are the melons grown throughout the whole province... including the ghost city? :-[

As for the Elvish: even the guy who suggested it sounds like he wasn't sure if it was a good idea. You'd be better off writing the name for the melon in it's traditional Chinese for the theme of the set. Like I said before, it's great that you're so willing to take on many suggestions, but you should also make sure you're following through with a clear theme.

I'm not very skilled with graphic design, but I was thinking melon slices would be a nice recognisable novelty for the set, such as:

https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/4391968/441633310/stock-vector-melon-icon-441633310.jpg
https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/3352421/332306048/stock-vector-fruits-melon-icon-332306048.jpg (the slice and the whole melon done separately of course)

Offline hormbre

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 04:13:47 »
Oh thanks for clearing that up. That topic also gave a good background on the other novelties like the temple key representing Loulan, but then isn't Loulan quite far from Hami? My geography for China isn't good, but they look so far apart - about 500km. Is this something that's visible from Hami, or are the melons grown throughout the whole province... including the ghost city? :-[
1.Hami melon is produced from Shanshan ( 鄯善 in Chinese ), which is called Loulan(楼兰 in Chinese) kindom before. Here is the history of Shanshan in Chinese.

As for the Elvish: even the guy who suggested it sounds like he wasn't sure if it was a good idea. You'd be better off writing the name for the melon in it's traditional Chinese for the theme of the set. Like I said before, it's great that you're so willing to take on many suggestions, but you should also make sure you're following through with a clear theme.
2.We appriciate your sugguestion, we choose elvish mellon as novelty because it is really a cool idea . We may change the novelty from 1.25u to 2.25u Enter key as a special & independent one.

172599-0

I'm not very skilled with graphic design, but I was thinking melon slices would be a nice recognisable novelty for the set, such as:
https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/4391968/441633310/stock-vector-melon-icon-441633310.jpg
https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/3352421/332306048/stock-vector-fruits-melon-icon-332306048.jpg (the slice and the whole melon done separately of course)
3.Wow, you must have spent a lot of time on our melon , awesome thanks ! In fact ,we have indeed thought about the slice of melon , and have a design as below:

172601-1

« Last Edit: Sat, 08 July 2017, 22:24:12 by hormbre »

Offline Muiju

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 14:26:47 »
1.Hami melon is produced from Shanshan ( 鄯善 in Chinese ), which is called Loulan kindom before. Here is the history of Shanshan in Chinese.

2.We appriciate your sugguestion, we choose elvish mellon as novelty because it is really a cool idea . We may change the novelty from 1.25u to 2.25u Enter key as a special & independent one.

(Attachment Link)

3.Wow, you must have spent a lot of time on our melon , awesome thanks ! In fact ,we have indeed thought about the slice of melon , and have a design as below:

(Attachment Link)

The melon looks adorable!
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( updated on Jul 6th )
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 17:51:10 »
Assuming dye sub artisans, you might consider smoothing the edges of the melon otherwise they might look fuzzy.
keyboards.

Offline hormbre

Updated on Jul 17th : Communicated with XDA manufacturer: 1. Use five-side dye sublimation for light color legends keycaps & colorful legends keycaps. 2.Samples will be provided on August,  before Group buy starts. 3. Novelties kit optimized to be more systematic; Spacebar kit extended; Ortho/Planck kit added.    Thank you !
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 July 2017, 23:55:29 by hormbre »

Offline Hazzula

Yaaaaaas finally that planck kit!!! You the man hormbre. Thanks for giving us a heads up for the GB date. Gives me time to save :))

Offline darwinmclovin

• Crivens!
 Aww, I'll be flying on the 3rd and 4th! Hope to join the GB from mobile...Now I am in the mood for winter melon soup  :D
“We play and are played and the best we can hope for is to do it with style.” Sir Terry Pratchett -GNU STP -

👊🐔👍

Offline colgateam

Just one thing of concern is that the XDA milestone I received, the dying of white caps to produced the coloured ones ended up very washed out.

Would be good to make sure they are using an effective dying system or ideally using coloured plastic as a base.

Offline hormbre

Just one thing of concern is that the XDA milestone I received, the dying of white caps to produced the coloured ones ended up very washed out.

Would be good to make sure they are using an effective dying system or ideally using coloured plastic as a base.

That is what we also concern, as a result , we have made an agreement with manufacturer to provide some sample keys which have light color legends or colorful legends before GB starts.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
I was also disappointed with how milestone rgb caps came out, but I suspect their dyesub process will work out better for this set. I believe they are perfecting their process for the mito canvas set since mito wouldn't stand for poor legends and consistency. The color matching and new legends look good for dyesub. The colors for melon are also not very bright aside from the green accents, just like canvas, but unlike milestone which was intended to be saturated rgb. I was also least displeased with the green caps from milestone anyway so that bodes well.
keyboards.

Offline heliar_mk

ergo kit please ;D

Offline hormbre

All right, let's think about Ergo kit. Here are some kinds of design for Ergo:

1. Alpha + Mod

2. Mod

3. Mod ( blank )

Which one would you like ?
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 July 2017, 17:09:32 by hormbre »

Offline ALKAHEST

Love seeing how this set is refined step by step. Very excited to see something in XDA profile again.
"Doesn't look like anything to me."

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
Very excited by the new additions. Inverse dye-sub makes this set really special! I'm also loving the new coloured melon slice novelty cap you designed, and especially loving the planck kit given that it has fuller sized ortholinear sets in mind. The only suggestion I can really make at this point would be to rename the "planck kit" to "ortho kit" for accuracy [edit: and maybe add an alternate colorway kit for the F row to have a complete green stripe?]. Nice work all round! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 July 2017, 23:10:42 by Bob »

Offline colgateam

So wait...with the inverse dye sub, they will basically dye the whole cap a lighter colour first, then mask the lettering to dye a second time in the darker colour?

Sounds like a huge hassle lol

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
So wait...with the inverse dye sub, they will basically dye the whole cap a lighter colour first, then mask the lettering to dye a second time in the darker colour?

Sounds like a huge hassle lol

That's why it doesn't come up very often, but as the community demands more and more of manufacturers they figure out a way to make it work. Until recently one of the biggest advantages double-shot had over dye-subbed (apart from legend clarity) was the whole "you can't put lighter legends on darker caps" issue. Now it's just a question of quality control and keeping it cost effective. I'm keen to see the samples... and find out the cost  ;)

Offline hormbre

Very excited by the new additions. Inverse dye-sub makes this set really special! I'm also loving the new coloured melon slice novelty cap you designed, and especially loving the planck kit given that it has fuller sized ortholinear sets in mind.

The only suggestion I can really make at this point would be to rename the "planck kit" to "ortho kit" for accuracy [edit: and maybe add an alternate colorway kit for the F row to have a complete green stripe?].
----Have already changed the name to "Ortho/Planck kit", thanks !

Nice work all round! :thumb:

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
Have already changed the name to "Ortho/Planck kit", thanks !

Too fast!  ;D

Offline heliar_mk

All right, let's think about Ergo kit. Here are some kinds of design for Ergo:

1. Alpha + Mod
(Attachment Link)

2. Mod
(Attachment Link)

3. Mod ( blank )
(Attachment Link)

Which one would you like ?
Love No.2.

Offline Scarhoof

XDA caps can be rearranged anywhere because they are flat, right? If that's the case then you don't need a separate Colemak set, you would just need A homing row for the Dvorak/Colemak? Could that be rolled in with another set or base as you would only need four keys? HUNT.

Offline Hazzula

XDA caps can be rearranged anywhere because they are flat, right? If that's the case then you don't need a separate Colemak set, you would just need A homing row for the Dvorak/Colemak? Could that be rolled in with another set or base as you would only need four keys? HUNT.
Yeah theyre all flat. And I that sounds like it would be cool to have d/c homing keys too. I know the xda milestone has those so it can be done for sure

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
I was just taking another look at the ortho/planck kit and realised that since the base kit includes all the TKL mods, the following keys are doubled up on for ortho users: up, down, left, right, page up, page down. You could probably either remove those from the ortho/planck kit or replace them with blanks.

At the moment I'm planning on buying the base kit, two of the 1U space keys kits, two ortho kits, and still undecided on the novelty kit. I'm really hoping those samples come through looking good  ;)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Base, tsangan, novelties, 7a space kit for me. With the addition of the spacebar kits this provides great coverage for is splitters. Should work nicely with my banana split.
keyboards.

Offline hormbre

Updated on Jul 21th : 1. Homing keys has been added for Colemak/Dvorak layout . 2.ErgoDox kit added .     Thank you !
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 July 2017, 03:20:42 by hormbre »

Offline heliar_mk

Hope it could be drop soon :D

Offline Muiju

Very interested! Will buy once GB starts
its yo girl

LZ CLSm | mech27v2 | DC60 | E7-V1 |  x1.1

lubed filmed Tealios <3

Offline Sylvester

The design is simple,bt look nice。

Offline hormbre

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 August 2017, 02:44:43 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Gamer set added for MOBA/FPS, updated on Aug 13th )
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 18:02:34 »
Updated on Aug 13th : 1. Gamer set has been added for MOBA/FPS games.     Thank you !

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 15:17:25 »
I voted on Massdrop but i'm not familiar with this type of poll system. Will ISO be available even if it doesn't get much votes or not?

Offline hormbre

« Reply #119 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 19:27:36 »
I voted on Massdrop but i'm not familiar with this type of poll system. Will ISO be available even if it doesn't get much votes or not?

Hi ! Thanks for your surpport!
1.This vote is used for Opening Group Buy on MassDrop.
2.There is no relationship between the votes of each kit and availability from Group Buy, it will be determined by author and MassDrop together AFAIK.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:43:50 »
Updated on Aug 29th : 1. Numpad Kit has been extended to match 21-key Mechanical Numpad. Thanks to tectonicplate@MassDrop ! 2. Samples won't be available this month due to the delay of manufacturer.      Thank you !

« Last Edit: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:15:48 by hormbre »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Numpad extended to match 21-key Numpad, updated on Aug 29th )
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 16:22:47 »
Are those spacebar (7E spacebar kit) 6u? Cause if so, then I need it even more than I thought I needed this set!

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Numpad extended to match 21-key Numpad, updated on Aug 29th )
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 02:45:44 »
Are those spacebar (7E spacebar kit) 6u? Cause if so, then I need it even more than I thought I needed this set!

Yes, it is 6u, you may see the length on the top of the spacebar, which is in light green.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 05:00:44 »
Looking forward to this set hombre! Remember speaking w/ you on RMK, believe XDA is a great choice! I'm ready for your GB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 05:26:32 »
very nice

Offline LastBrat

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 14:16:25 »
Love the planck set, it's enough to fill even my 5x14 ortho :)

One question about the spacebars: are all of them convex (even the 1u)?
Looking forward to seeing the samples.

Offline keebdeeb

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 23:07:55 »
INTERESTED! Voted on massdrop :)

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 04:42:55 »
Any News for these?

Offline hormbre

« Reply #128 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 05:40:25 »
Looking forward to this set hombre! Remember speaking w/ you on RMK, believe XDA is a great choice! I'm ready for your GB!

very nice

INTERESTED! Voted on massdrop :)

Thanks all ! Glad to hear that you like XDA Melon  :)

Any News for these?

We have been waiting for the samples ever since mid-July, which are supposed to be provided on August. However, the dye-sub manufacturer is busy with the orders which are much bigger than ours. Besides waiting for the samples, here is what we are doing :
1. Conmunicating with another manufacturer: Still need to confirm some details.
2. Join the Keycap Design Contest on MassDrop: Submitted, wait for the reply by MD.

We can understand your feeling, and we are trying our best to make XDA Melon come to us.
Thanks for your support and patience !

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Manufacturer changed, updated on Oct 27th )
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:02:11 »
Hey guys, sorry for no update during the last 2 month!

Due to delay, we have decided to change our manufacturer, and the new one also takes charge of producing XDA Canvas and GodSpeed.

We have dicussed about our design together, every key cap is possible to be produced except:
1. Two "7" ENTER Keys in ISO kit ,sorry to those who use ISO layout.

180975-0

2. 3.25U Spacebar, sorry to those who use Mistel keyboard.

181015-1

The new manufacturer will provide samples after Group Buys, and we will check them first to make sure the quality is up to the standard before mass production.

Thank you for your patience and support!
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2017, 23:34:03 by hormbre »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:04:54 »
So if I understand that correctly no iso compatibility for this set right?
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:06:42 by eNrageDSainT »

Offline hormbre

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:09:03 »
So if I understand that correctly no iso compatibility for this kit, right?

ISO kit is still availble, just move out two Enter keys because of the capability limit to produce.

180973-0

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:11:17 »
Oh ok, nice, I was scared. Glad I can still consider this set

Also, you mention samples after the GBs, you mean Canvas & Godspeed, right? Does anyone know when those two where supposed to be shipped? I'll go and check but just in case someone here knows
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:25:15 by eNrageDSainT »

Offline hormbre

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:36:02 »

Also, you mention samples after the GBs, you mean Canvas & Godspeed, right? Does anyone know when those two where supposed to be shipped? I'll go and check but just in case someone here knows

No, I mean samples will be provided after our group buys. Canvas and Godspeed schedule could be found on MassDrop.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:36:58 »
glad to hear you changed the manufacturer. I know it's a reliable one

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 08:37:35 »

No, I mean samples will be provided after our group buys. Canvas and Godspeed schedule could be found on MassDrop.

Oh nice! Do you know when that will happen (more or less)?

Offline hormbre

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:21:14 »
glad to hear you changed the manufacturer. I know it's a reliable one

I hope so, thanks : )

Oh nice! Do you know when that will happen (more or less)?

We are working on this , will announce here as soon as the date is confirmed
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2017, 09:46:02 by hormbre »

Offline hormbre

No, the length ending with "X" means it is concave, while ending with "U" means convex. So, all the 1X and 1.25X spacebars are concave, the other spacebars are convex.

« Last Edit: Fri, 27 October 2017, 23:54:49 by hormbre »

Offline fishpod

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 28 October 2017, 02:15:54 »
not a fan of XDA profile, but it's good news to hear that you are having the manufacturer of Canvas to do the job! :thumb: :thumb:

those canvas dye-sub turn out to be great

Offline Narandelar

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 16:37:49 »
Loving the look of this set and the fact that its XDA! I hope the group buy for this can start soon :D

Offline Niahi

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 23:12:19 »
Looks amazing

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 15:41:52 »
Any update on this? I really really really want to see this happen!

Offline FailureToLoad

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 07:42:35 »
I've been looking for an XDA set to jump on, the fact that you have spacebar kits made this a no-brainer.

....And you know, no one makes XDA sets

Offline vincent88928

• Have Fun Everywhere
    • YMDK
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 08:33:34 »
Updated on Oct 27th : 1. Manufacturer has been changed to the one produces XDA Canvas and XDA GodSpeed.       Thank you !

Updated on Aug 29th : 1. Numpad Kit has been extended to match 21-key Mechanical Numpad. Thanks to tectonicplate@MassDrop ! 2. Samples won't be available this month due to the delay of manufacturer.    Thank you !

Updated on Aug 13th : 1. Gamer set has been added for MOBA/FPS games.    Thank you !

Updated on Jul 21th : 1. Homing keys has been added for Colemak/Dvorak layout . 2.ErgoDox kit added .     Thank you !

Updated on Jul 17th : Communicated with XDA manufacturer: 1. Use  five-side dye sublimation for light color legends keycaps & colorful legends keycaps. 2.Samples will be provided on August,  before Group buy starts. 3. Novelties kit optimized to be more systematic; Spacebar kit extended; Ortho/Planck kit added.   Thank you !

Updated on Jul 6th : 1.Spacebars kit has been extended as suggested.        Thank you for your support!

Updated on Jul 3rd :   1.We have decided to change the profile of Melon to XDA!  2.More kits & more novelties are available. We have designed 7 kits ,the planck kit will be added soon. 3. XDA Melon will be sold by kit.     Any questions and suggestions are welcomed!

Thank you for viewing!

Here comes a keyset designed by several mechanical keyborad fans from China. It is inspired by a cartoon character named Diana in Little Witch Academia, whose hair is almost the same color as hami-melon in China.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The original design:
Jul 20th: http://imgur.com/a/WMUZx
Jul 16th: http://imgur.com/a/DsRop
Jul 2nd: http://imgur.com/a/OR1Q2
Jun 14th:  http://imgur.com/a/zhRd2
Jun 11th:  http://imgur.com/a/wRAHQ
Jun 7th:    http://imgur.com/a/mX7MV

I would be grateful for any ideas or suggestions you have ,thank you very much !

UPDATED ON Jul 1st :  We are sorry to tell you that the group buy will not open on July 5th, because the collaboration with MAXKEY will not continue for some reasons!    Apologize for this again !UPDATED ON JUN 25TH:  1.Renders completed !2. Questionnaire of MAXKEY SA Melon Group Buy 3.Group Buy will open on Jul 5th ! Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 15TH:   Design completed ! To avoid investing too much with few outputs, 1. Give up ~`   |\  in Mod's color , while retaining the number 0 in Alphas's color for a huger demand.  2.Reduce the colors of Novelties kit from 4 to 2, in order to get a lower price on this kit. 3. Working on renders now,will be updated soon.    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 13TH: 1.The color of Modifiers has been changed ,as well as the color of Novelties.  2. Open poll on MassDrop :
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/-Product-SA-Melon-keyset-produced-by-MaxKeysThank you !UPDATE ON JUN 11TH: 1.The color of Base has been changed for a more unified style. 2. Add an orange 1U ESC novelty .    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 10TH: 1.The color of 1U "0" in Non Standard Adapter kit has been changed to be the same as the color of alphas. 2. The font size of Enter key has been reduced to 2/3 of original to make it seem much simple and clean. 3. The size of the flower in Novelties has been reduced a little .    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 8TH: 1.The picture of non standard adapter kit has been added.   2.The SA profile is 112343.    Thank you !UPDATED ON JUN 7TH: 1.Design confirmed with pictures updated below(some non-stand keycaps will be added later), and renders are started to create.    2.Probably choose MAXKEY as manufacturer due to a shorter time to wait, as well as a lower price.    3.Groupbuy website preference: please tell us which one (except MD) do you like .    Thank you ! UPDATED ON JUN 4TH: We have connected MAXKEY, they are able to make this keyset unless: 1. A little change in novelties, such as no stripe in ESC and ENTER novelties. 2. MOQ >= 200. 3. must be sold as one set. The good news is that the price would probably under $100 exclude PP&shipping fee.Questionnaire of MAXKEY SA Melon Group Buy

Nice looking.
Have Fun Everywhere

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 13:37:04 »
Back again (sorry for those who subscribed to this topic haha), but I would like to have an Update from OP! :D I really want that set to be real :D

Offline hormbre

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 22:08:21 »
not a fan of XDA profile, but it's good news to hear that you are having the manufacturer of Canvas to do the job! :thumb: :thumb:

those canvas dye-sub turn out to be great

Loving the look of this set and the fact that its XDA! I hope the group buy for this can start soon :D

Looks amazing

Any update on this? I really really really want to see this happen!

I've been looking for an XDA set to jump on, the fact that you have spacebar kits made this a no-brainer.

....And you know, no one makes XDA sets

Nice looking.

Back again (sorry for those who subscribed to this topic haha), but I would like to have an Update from OP! :D I really want that set to be real :D

Thanks for your support ! Now we are waiting for the renders which will be hopefully finished soon.

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Renders available, updated on Jun 10th 2018 )
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 21:38:50 »
Updated on Jun 10th 2018 : 1. Renders with keyboard are available now, thanks for the support of Thesiscamper, Fox Labs, CA66, Mechmini2.0.       Thank you !

197714-0

197717-1

197720-2

197722-3

197725-4

197726-5

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2018, 21:42:43 by hormbre »

Offline kyoumau

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 21:50:07 »
Oh! I like this. Looking at it, It resemble too about my favorite fruit, the watermelon.

Offline darwinmclovin

• Crivens!
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 05:57:40 »
Great to see the continuous development of your cool PBT custom set :thumb: I have been interested for a year now! Pls share your next milestones when you are able to and good luck!   :cool:
“We play and are played and the best we can hope for is to do it with style.” Sir Terry Pratchett -GNU STP -

👊🐔👍

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 06:02:55 »
Glad to see you're still committed to this!

Hopefully that will come soon! :D

Offline hempkat

« Reply #150 on: Sun, 10 June 2018, 19:28:04 »
Interested in all XDA sets =) Hopefully a GB happens.

Offline Ammomruoy

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 09:53:30 »
so many good GBs coming up but I'll probably grab all kits. Nice colours!

Offline SingSong

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 15:53:29 »
Oh I like this, a more subdued but still colorful colorway! Can't wait!

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Renders DONE!!, updated on Jul 4th 2018 )
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 08:59:29 »
Updated on Jul 4th 2018 : 1. Renders DONE!!Renders DONE!!Renders DONE!!       Thank you !

Offline molecularronin

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 09:47:21 »
I dig the renders man, I get a jukebox vibe from it.

Offline hormbre

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 10:42:46 »
199315-0
You will find it doesn't look like Jukebox at all if you have eaten hami-melon  ;)

I dig the renders man, I get a jukebox vibe from it.

Offline adoringbunny

• ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 12:02:19 »
Nice colors! Very soft and relaxing.

Offline Hypocaffeinic

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 16 July 2018, 05:29:07 »
Love it! :D

Offline hormbre

Re: [IC] XDA Melon ( Groupbuy opening now! )
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 07:07:24 »
 Hi all :
Sorry for waiting so long. The groupbuy is opening by KBDfans now, you may get more information and make order of XDA Melon from :
https://kbdfans.cn/collections/group-buy/products/gb-xda-melon?variant=22241535426608
Let's make XDA Melon come true ~~~~
Thank you :)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 07:53:06 »
Hi all :
Sorry for waiting so long. The groupbuy is opening by KBDfans now, you may get more information and make order of XDA Melon from :
https://kbdfans.cn/collections/group-buy/products/gb-xda-melon?variant=22241535426608
Let's make XDA Melon come true ~~~~
Thank you :)

Yes, been looking forward to this set! Will be joining!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 07:55:08 »
Good Lord my prayers have been answered! Thanks for the set!

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 01:35:39 »
Wow. Melon is finally coming.
Like the touch and stability of XDA.
Hope the color of real keycaps would be sharper and brighter.

Offline hormbre

More information available on GB borad:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=99745.0
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 May 2019, 23:33:13 by hormbre »