Author Topic: I love keyboards  (Read 1948 times)

Offline crazyvan

I love keyboards
« on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 08:23:48 »
Hello geekhack,

I bough yet another expensive keyboard last week (after a Steelseries 7g, Filco and razer blackwidow). This time i went for the topre realforce 104UB but now i'm thinking I should have bought the happy hacking keyboard pro 2. Don't get me wrong i really like the realforce but there's something sexy about that hhkb layout. I'm gutted.  What should i do?
Anyone from UK who would like to trade maybe?

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: I love keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:18:55 »
You should have bought the HHKB2, I love mine and I am hopefully getting a type s this month :D

Sell the 104, might be a bit tricky as it is a full-size board and get the HHKB2.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:25:30 »
welcome to geekhack!!

i'll let hashbaz fill you in on what this will do to your wallet :)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:31:06 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 10:05:33 »
Welcome! Try selling your board here, maybe someone from the UK will buy from you :D

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 10:26:17 »
Welcome to GeekHack.

Tho try deskthority for a trade, they got more EU peeps.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline crazyvan

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 10:40:37 »
Thanks for the input guys! :D Very much appreciated!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 15:05:42 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Have you kept all of the other keyboards?  If so, nice collection :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ