Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 340680 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 02:56:21 »
The Cuphead DLC is incredible. Hand-drawn animation, and a ton of love went into the boss designs and mechanics.
So good, and only $8! This is how DLC should be(I don't mind it took 2 years to make)

I think I will have to try this one soon.
I hesitated and left it for a long time, never liked this kind of scary animation when I was a kid.
Prefered smoother lines, like in donald duck  :))
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Heavyrock1212

• New to the hobby, and am obsessed currently
« Reply #1152 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 00:56:22 »
Trackmania 2020 is probably my current favorite game, so much fun trying to improve your times on essentially infinite tracks made by the community. That being said Tarkov just wiped so I'm in that games clutches currently.
its better to cum in the sink then to sink in the cum

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1153 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 20:27:34 »
I finished lego batman 3

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1154 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 10:45:25 »
wish Codemasters would make an Initial D game.. that'd be AWESOME..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1155 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 11:13:35 »
Started SWTOR with some friends playing through the story atm.
Other than that playing Days Gone.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1156 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 18:42:29 »
I beat Dusk recently! Great little game. Been playing MGS3 on the weekends. Besides that, you know I've been playing plenty of Fallout: New Vegas :D
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline phinix

« Reply #1157 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 02:50:42 »
I beat Dusk recently! Great little game. Been playing MGS3 on the weekends. Besides that, you know I've been playing plenty of Fallout: New Vegas :D
Show Image

Back in the days I started playing Fallout 1 and then 2, but never finished it.
I would like to play them again. Wondering which one I should play, 1 or 2?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1158 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 14:27:22 »
Show Image

2, most definitely 2. Maybe look into some builds for the game just so you don't get stuck up crap creek without a paddle.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1159 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 14:21:53 »
anyone playing OSRS? There should be a Geekhack clan! Anyways if anybody plays, hit me up, my username is SlurmSoda420
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #1160 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 17:19:51 »
anyone playing OSRS? There should be a Geekhack clan! Anyways if anybody plays, hit me up, my username is SlurmSoda420
I lack the time and energy these days for MMOs. Back in the day I played Ultima Online but once my friends stopped playing...what was the point anymore.

Off-topic question: Why do you call yourself lazerpointer? Just curious because I work in the laser light industry.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1161 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 18:36:28 »
I lack the time and energy these days for MMOs. Back in the day I played Ultima Online but once my friends stopped playing...what was the point anymore.

Off-topic question: Why do you call yourself lazerpointer? Just curious because I work in the laser light industry.

I have recently started a job which gives me much more time off, so I'm getting back into it. I just keep coming back to the game, I don't know why.

Regarding my username, it's nothing cool or anything like that. I'm a fan of Xmen (Cyclops) and I think lasers are cool in general. The profile pic is probably something you're familiar with, it's a laser eye damage warning which I inverted the colors of.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline phinix

« Reply #1162 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 02:58:13 »
Show Image

2, most definitely 2. Maybe look into some builds for the game just so you don't get stuck up crap creek without a paddle.

Cool. You say second one was better in everything? I mean graphics and story etc?
I was thinking of 2nd.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1163 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 16:01:21 »
Show Image

Cool. You say second one was better in everything? I mean graphics and story etc?
I was thinking of 2nd.

2 for sure. Huge amount of side story stuff in that game, endless dialogue, decent writing and ideas in FO2 as well that still hold up and are still being used by modern devs narrative-wise. If you liked Planescape Torment or Disco Elysium, you'll dig Fallout 2.

Be sure to install the Restoration Project mod, it makes everything much better and modernized. Fixes a ton of stuff, adds in a lot of cut/unfinished content.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2022, 16:04:50 by noisyturtle »

Offline phinix

« Reply #1164 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 02:53:30 »
Show Image

I was thinking of 2nd.

2 for sure. Huge amount of side story stuff in that game, endless dialogue, decent writing and ideas in FO2 as well that still hold up and are still being used by modern devs narrative-wise. If you liked Planescape Torment or Disco Elysium, you'll dig Fallout 2.

Be sure to install the Restoration Project mod, it makes everything much better and modernized. Fixes a ton of stuff, adds in a lot of cut/unfinished content.

Well, back in 90s I couldn't finish PLanescape Torment because of the amount of dialogs:) I want to play Disco so bad, but I'm worried that I will drown in unknown english words...
So yeah, I will then try 2nd, but already worried if its too much text for me. I like good story but not like in PLanescape when you spent hours on reading, instead of having fun. But will definitely try it. ANd need to get that mod as you said, thanks :thumb:

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1165 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 02:04:44 »
Playing RDR2 story mode...
Not sure if it's epic or just okay with pretty visuals and a decent story.

One thing I will say is I am tired of the game dictating what weapons to use at times and when you can run just to build drama. Or worse, get off the horse and find the game left your weapons on the horse when you got off while chasing an animal. I had them when I stepped off, reach for a shotgun and only finding a pistol to fend off 7 wolves. Gee, thanks.

It's Maddening.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline phinix

« Reply #1166 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 03:24:22 »
Playing RDR2 story mode...
Not sure if it's epic or just okay with pretty visuals and a decent story.

One thing I will say is I am tired of the game dictating what weapons to use at times and when you can run just to build drama. Or worse, get off the horse and find the game left your weapons on the horse when you got off while chasing an animal. I had them when I stepped off, reach for a shotgun and only finding a pistol to fend off 7 wolves. Gee, thanks.

It's Maddening.

No, its not epic.
Witcher 3 is epic.
RDR2 is ok game, I played for first hour and uninstalled it. Good graphics, but it did not pull me in. It was too boring at the beginning, at least for me.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1167 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 04:10:17 »
It does get better.
Took a bit and the intro was far too long (sort of like GTA), then it kind of slow burns.

I've read you're supposed to just sit back and enjoy the slower pace, unfortunately the pacing is horrible. You no sooner get into a slow casual pace only for it to do something stupid. It's stupid slow when it needs to be faster and fast when it doesn't need to be. And then a cougar jumps out of a bush and you die. There's almost nothing to this game except the primary mission, nothing on the side enhances the main story and nothing on the side tells much of anything. For such an open world, it's extremely desolate, predictable and linear.

I look forward to the end but I can't ever see playing it again.

The Witcher looks good but supernatural stuff just turns me off immediately.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline phinix

« Reply #1168 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 04:54:10 »
It does get better.
Took a bit and the intro was far too long (sort of like GTA), then it kind of slow burns.

I've read you're supposed to just sit back and enjoy the slower pace, unfortunately the pacing is horrible. You no sooner get into a slow casual pace only for it to do something stupid. It's stupid slow when it needs to be faster and fast when it doesn't need to be. And then a cougar jumps out of a bush and you die. There's almost nothing to this game except the primary mission, nothing on the side enhances the main story and nothing on the side tells much of anything. For such an open world, it's extremely desolate, predictable and linear.

I look forward to the end but I can't ever see playing it again.

The Witcher looks good but supernatural stuff just turns me off immediately.

This is why its so crap. Nothing more, you should be able to run in random sub-missions, some extra action etc
This is why Witcher is the best game ever - it has hundreds of small tasks, missions, lots of things is happenning around, you never ride through point to point without something extra happaning on the road.

I'm waiting for Enhanced version for PC, should here soon. Then I will play it whole thing again :-*

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1169 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 11:37:37 »
Just finished RE7. Amazing. Felt like playing a grimy, dirty, splatter horror movie. The cage fight definitely reminded me of Texas Chainsaw 2. Playing RE:Village now and I gotta say I love the selection of out of there guns they choose. Between the M37 Ithaca and the 1897 in this game (Not to mention the automag in 7) RE has the strangest way of picking out my favorite guns.
Ethan in Village seems a lot more relatable than he was in 7. In 7 he was kinda a massive prick only interested in his wife. NGL tho this definitely feels a bit like a different genre. Less splatter and more of a "Susperia meets Hostel" situation. Also, the baby is adorable. My 5'5.5" ass would go toe to toe with a 10 foot milf vampire to make sure she's safe. (I'd totally get stomped, but then again I don't have a fungus keeping me alive after I got my head stomped in.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1170 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 16:22:42 »
Just finished RE7. Amazing. Felt like playing a grimy, dirty, splatter horror movie. The cage fight definitely reminded me of Texas Chainsaw 2. Playing RE:Village now and I gotta say I love the selection of out of there guns they choose. Between the M37 Ithaca and the 1897 in this game (Not to mention the automag in 7) RE has the strangest way of picking out my favorite guns.
Ethan in Village seems a lot more relatable than he was in 7. In 7 he was kinda a massive prick only interested in his wife. NGL tho this definitely feels a bit like a different genre. Less splatter and more of a "Susperia meets Hostel" situation. Also, the baby is adorable. My 5'5.5" ass would go toe to toe with a 10 foot milf vampire to make sure she's safe. (I'd totally get stomped, but then again I don't have a fungus keeping me alive after I got my head stomped in.

Ethan is a certified ****ing dribbling moron retard the entire time. You relate to that?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1171 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 15:57:05 »

Ethan is a certified ****ing dribbling moron retard the entire time. You relate to that?
More relatable than "Shouty ******* dribbling moron."

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1172 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 16:01:06 »
Also I beat the game last night. I liked him a lot as a character. Classic "Dad wants to save child" character, but this man had his ****ing heart ripped out, willed himself back to unlife, put a healthy amount of buckshot in mother miranda's face, and then blew up the mold fetus.
He's definitely one of my favorite RE characters, Just behind Claire and just in front of Leon (Who is essentially tied with Chris "Mister Boulder Fister" Redfield.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #1173 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 16:37:10 »
Spiderman, Spiderman, Radioactive Spiderman! Seriously the game slaps & looks gorgeous on PC with the graphics all pumped up. They have a few kinks to still work out, namely a nasty memory leak that'll eat your VRAM in a few hours necessitating a restart. Overall a pretty fun game & I'm confident Nixxes will work all the kinks out sooner than later. Well worth a buy if you haven't played it on PS4/5 yet!

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1174 on: Mon, 29 August 2022, 12:46:43 »
Spiderman, Spiderman, Radioactive Spiderman! Seriously the game slaps & looks gorgeous on PC with the graphics all pumped up. They have a few kinks to still work out, namely a nasty memory leak that'll eat your VRAM in a few hours necessitating a restart. Overall a pretty fun game & I'm confident Nixxes will work all the kinks out sooner than later. Well worth a buy if you haven't played it on PS4/5 yet!
Bro. That theme song. It brings me back to my childhood :D

Offline kureandealen

• NBA 2K23 MT
« Reply #1175 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 01:43:07 »
After NBA 2K23 released, I'm going to play it for some weeks.
NBA 2K23 is coming, don't you need some NBA 2K23 MT?

Offline phinix

« Reply #1176 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 12:55:06 »
Dishonored Death of the Outsider - not a new release, but at least DLC.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1177 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 00:03:45 »
I have been loving Voidigo, and with the recent balance changes and game additions I can finally highly recommend it.
Very much in the same vein as Issac or Enter the Gungeon, if you liked those you'll like Voidigo. Lovely colors, and great replayability.

Offline divito

« Reply #1178 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 20:09:18 »
Got F1 2022, so that's been alright. Also got Stray the other which seems interesting.

And for random down times, I've started playing Cities Skylines.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1179 on: Sun, 18 September 2022, 21:40:56 »
I just turned my gaming PC on (Last Night) after 3-4 years.

Been playing:

Diablo 2: Resurrected

Destiny 2 (Never played before)

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1180 on: Thu, 20 October 2022, 09:02:46 »
I just turned my gaming PC on (Last Night) after 3-4 years.

Been playing:

Diablo 2: Resurrected

Destiny 2 (Never played before)

Predator: Hunting Grounds

Destiny 2 can be confusing to newcomers, just work on levels and spec for high resilience (currently have 3 characters at max Light -1580+modifier)

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1181 on: Thu, 20 October 2022, 16:18:37 »
Going Under is really damn fun. I was so sure I would hate the writing and characters, but they are spot on and well written.
As someone who worked too long in a corporate office for some big e-companies, it really hits home.

****in' banger of a soundtrack too  :thumb:

Offline peterwillock

« Reply #1182 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 07:12:02 »
resident evil 2 ( my fav game ) one more time, and read dead redemption

Offline smarmar

« Reply #1183 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 18:37:29 »
Got F1 2022, so that's been alright. Also got Stray the other which seems interesting.

Stray looks fantastic. I love the cyberpunk aesthetics and the atmosphere.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1184 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 07:57:37 »

f1 has the down force physics that tp4 could never quite get the hang of.

rally is more tp4's speed.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #1185 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 15:56:54 »

f1 has the down force physics that tp4 could never quite get the hang of.

rally is more tp4's speed.

Wait a goshdarned minute. Is there something that tp4 doesn't know how to do? I guess all of us humans have our limitations (assuming tp4 is human).

Offline smarmar

« Reply #1186 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 16:00:48 »
For about two years, one of the only constants in my life has been my near-daily 2-hour Fortnite meetings with my squad of homies. Gosh bless Epic Games for my daily dose of happy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1187 on: Wed, 09 November 2022, 17:23:59 »
Wait a goshdarned minute. Is there something that tp4 doesn't know how to do? I guess all of us humans have our limitations (assuming tp4 is human).

tp4 = 100% hughmahn...

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1188 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 04:06:09 »

tp4 = 100% hughmahn...

Show Image

I'm going to need proof, PM me a picture of yourself!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1189 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 18:15:41 »
The new God Of War is exactly the kind of "game" I hate. This is the type of design that is killing industry design creativity. If I wanted to watch a movie and be hand-held through a linear experience, I'd just watch a damn movie! It goes against my very core beliefs in game design, systemic design, and hot media types.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #1190 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 08:22:32 »
been playing CarX Drift Racing Online recently, im not too competitive but i really just enjoy modifying my car and hosting virtual meetups lol. there is a LOT of customization in the game, like more than some NFS games.
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #1191 on: Mon, 21 November 2022, 14:11:47 »
I like mining games where I can earn <redacted>.  I like earn and play games. and it's the easiest way to get extra coins. When I need some extra coins, I just build virtual mining center and earn online. As for me it' a great way to get into crypto without any risks and having fun playing arcade games.
scam bots found their way to gh  :mad:

Mod Edit: Removed the spam link
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 November 2022, 17:00:53 by HoffmanMyster »
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline phinix

« Reply #1192 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 04:37:46 »
Kathy Rain. Cool, pixel art point & click adventure game.
I like it even better than all Blackwell series.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #1193 on: Fri, 20 January 2023, 07:57:41 »
Been playing High on Life and Spiderman - loving High on Life, completely hilarious and calls you out on things as it called me out for running constantly.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 January 2023, 07:59:59 by Darthbaggins »

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #1194 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 10:31:32 »
been playing death stranding recently and i love the game and  i love the low roar music even more
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline phinix

« Reply #1195 on: Sat, 28 January 2023, 20:35:41 »
been playing death stranding recently and i love the game and  i love the low roar music even more

I played this game for maybe 20 hours and just got bored with constant travelling between A and B. Graphics and sound is very nice, story I assume gets better with time, but that travelling and drowning in that black lava when monsters come out - so annoying. I just couldn't play it any more.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1196 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 02:52:49 »
Started up The Division 2 again with some friends.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1197 on: Fri, 17 February 2023, 06:03:29 »
Picked up Mortal Kombat 11 on sale. Thais game makes me very angry.
I took my BP before and after playing a couple matches, and all signs point to this game will give me cardiac arrest if I keep playing.

it makes me so ****ing mad  >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1198 on: Sat, 18 February 2023, 19:14:13 »
I took my BP before and after playing a couple matches, and all signs point to this game will give me cardiac arrest if I keep playing.

it's not good ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1199 on: Sun, 19 February 2023, 01:19:36 »

it's not good ?

It feels really cheap, the AI I mean, especially on harder difficulties. It may be I'm just not used to the flow of 11 yet, or maybe because I played so much X since I QA'd that title I know all it's intricacies from being forced to get good at it. I really do not like how they broke up each character's main moves between different styles. For example: Kung Lao can toss his hat, teleport, turn into a tornado, and throw his hat along the ground. But only one or two in each style, you cannot have them all at once. Which to me feels like destroying the core of each character's playstyle. Like w/ Kano, you have to CHOOSE between turning into a Blanka ball, or having an eye laser. You can't have both. Super lame.

But what I will say 100% certainty is that I absolutely HATE all the character redesigns. They all look so so so bad. They ALL legit look so ugly, every single character, like they went out of their way to make every beloved character as fugly as possible. My boy Kano looks like someone slapped a babies head on an ape's body, Scorpion now wears green (like, what??) and a Dunkin Donuts hat, Sonya looks like something out of Mass Effect Andromeda, D'Vorah looks straight up disgusting, and Sheeva.... my God what have they done to you Sheeva. They butchered you something horrible girl.
It is crazy how ugly every single character is. I legit have never seen a more fugly lineup in a mainstream fighter, and I'm including Primal Rage in that :))

Kabal looks cool, but it's mostly his mask was basically unchanged from other games.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 February 2023, 01:21:07 by noisyturtle »