Author Topic: Cheapest ADF scanner that uses an ISIS driver  (Read 3337 times)

Offline pex

Cheapest ADF scanner that uses an ISIS driver
« on: Tue, 10 February 2009, 11:19:14 »
Scanning becomes a drag when you want to scan everything in sight or have large (in page volume) documents to scan. To compound the issue, flatbed scanners with TWAIN drivers are often slow.

Auto-document feeders (ADF) always sound like a great idea to me, but bonafide ADF scanners (let alone ones with known ISIS compatibility) cost hundreds of dollars. I have to believe there is at least one ADF ISIS scanner out there that is less than 100 dollars USD.

I did just stumble upon a 15 page ADF scanner (in a multifunction/all-in-one printer setup), however, it is a Lexmark X5495. I currently have a X3350, and the software is ridiculous. One cannot even set defaults for scanning so that third-party software can use TWAIN acquisition without having to change from Lexmark defaults every time (I assume the only way to cheat that is through some Windows hooking, given that I found no inf/ini/registry settings that would let me fix the issue.) The X5495 is on sale at a closeout store for 60 dollars, so it is appealing.

Has anyone found an ADF scanner under 100 bucks in their travels?
Ж®Cherry G80-8113 (someday I hope to have one that reads magstripes, rfid cards, and smartcards), broken \'98 42H1292 Model M, some other Model M from a decade before that, 30 more keyboards in a box, 4 more lying here or there
Destroying Sanctity: my Model M project. Status: Dead.