Author Topic: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Update Posted 2018/07/23)  (Read 303159 times)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
Re: [GB] Phantom Parts and Assembly Services (Repairing)
« Reply #1300 on: Tue, 17 September 2013, 20:09:17 »
FYI
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/cherry-mx-taking-pre-orders-t2760-1980.html#p126172

Payment/"shipping" update

Payments from <username>, TheProfosist (!), <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, and <username> have been received and marked as shipped for Paypal purposes (to keep them from locking up the PP account). Invoices may or may not reflect the payments yet. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s), or spam this thread/7bit via PM the message "WHERE ARE MY SWITCHES, DID YOU SEND THEM YET." This only includes payments to me via Paypal. Note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Well that is interesting

but wth, i really need those switches that he is already in possession of. come on prof, you said ASAP

Offline pasph

« Reply #1301 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 03:31:31 »
FYI
http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/cherry-mx-taking-pre-orders-t2760-1980.html#p126172

Payment/"shipping" update

Payments from <username>, TheProfosist (!), <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, <username>, and <username> have been received and marked as shipped for Paypal purposes (to keep them from locking up the PP account). Invoices may or may not reflect the payments yet. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s), or spam this thread/7bit via PM the message "WHERE ARE MY SWITCHES, DID YOU SEND THEM YET." This only includes payments to me via Paypal. Note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

Well that is interesting

but wth, i really need those switches that he is already in possession of. come on prof, you said ASAP

He said "ASAP" 2 MONTHS AGO...
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #1302 on: Wed, 18 September 2013, 03:37:44 »
As Soon As Possible Postponed
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #1303 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 12:02:05 »
I think it's great that a select few have received their switches... What about the rest of us?

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1304 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 15:17:05 »
I haven't received mine.  I can't even get communication going with him.  The prof is a piece of ****.

Offline jabar

« Reply #1305 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 23:54:34 »
I haven't received mine.  I can't even get communication going with him.  The prof is a piece of ****.
demand letter?
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1306 on: Tue, 24 September 2013, 13:35:52 »
no, I've been out of the country for a month or so.  I'll get back on the demand letter.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1307 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 15:00:15 »
Switches ASAP  :mad:

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1308 on: Tue, 08 October 2013, 00:44:12 »
almost 2 weeks later......... never forget...

Offline nebo

« Reply #1309 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 01:22:20 »
I'm confused. Why would he pay the money to 7bit but then not update anything. Seems off to me.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1310 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 12:12:22 »
I couldn't get the situation resolved with 7bit, to have him send me my Whites directly.. he sent them to Prof.

Well, demand letter to Prof on the way..

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1311 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 12:37:05 »
I couldn't get the situation resolved with 7bit, to have him send me my Whites directly.. he sent them to Prof.

Well, demand letter to Prof on the way..

So Prof now has all the switches ordered from 7bit?  I'm still owed 100+ white and 100+ blue switches from this GB.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1312 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 13:09:24 »
360 switches owed to me, i haven't built my other Phantom because im waiting on the switches, i wanted to swap out switches in another keyboard as well but  im waiting on the switches. I feel if i buy them again from someone/something else then i would be defeated.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1313 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 16:47:22 »
Recall that 7bit stalled on sending a portion of all these GB switches to him in these past few months, because 7bit needed some outstanding payments from him.

Prof then did pay him a little less than a month ago, so yes, 7bit has already shipped to him by now.

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/cherry-mx-taking-pre-orders-t2760-2190.html#p128944
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 October 2013, 16:50:33 by cgbuen »

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1314 on: Mon, 14 October 2013, 21:18:13 »
really this whole thing makes me angry and turn red every time i think about it. this was a substantial amount of money.

Offline KuhnTang

• Game of Thrones
« Reply #1315 on: Wed, 16 October 2013, 01:04:44 »
I'm still owed many things from this GB.  Prof promised he would send me switches, needless to say, I've never heard from him again.

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #1316 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 08:29:38 »
wow. that's no fun. It's almost like the changdrew thing.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #1317 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 18:48:23 »
I got my hopes up when he started shipping some things out again. He even said my stuff was next to be shipped out. Fooled again, shame on me.

Offline FabsSpeed

« Reply #1318 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 00:53:12 »
Hi Prof!

you relly are ****ng with me and I am not eaccepting this any more. You have 4 complete Keyboards from me, lots of Money. When the **** do you plan on shipping this?

Fabian
| Wanted: KMAC  & KMAC 1.2, 356 Mini, 456 GT |

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1319 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 01:57:36 »
Could anyone who's sent a demand letter to him PM me? Need to verify address and ask a few questions.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1320 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 09:12:12 »
When the **** do you plan on shipping this?

Fabian

He doesn't plan on shipping you anything. That's the joke. He's now a scammer, and you're in Germany, so what can you do about it? Nothing.

Some of the people who sent demand letters should really consider contacting the small claims court in his county to file a suit against him. Even if there is a small chance of winning, that's better than your chance of getting anything if you don't take him to court, which is exactly zero.

That's right, Prof. There is no redemption for you. I'm calling you out right here and now as a scammer. I hope you enjoyed taking people's money and property, because I will do everything in my power to make sure no one ever trusts you again.

I'm not going to dox you here, but if someone wants any information that I do have, such as the name and phone number of the pastor of your church, I will give it to them privately. They can do with that information as they will. You deserve whatever befalls you at this point.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1321 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 09:14:54 »

Fabian

He doesn't plan on shipping you anything. That's the joke. He's now a scammer, and you're in Germany, so what can you do about it? Nothing.

Some of the people who sent demand letters should really consider contacting the small claims court in his county to file a suit against him. Even if there is a small chance of winning, that's better than your chance of getting anything if you don't take him to court, which is exactly zero.

That's right, Prof. There is no redemption for you. I'm calling you out right here and now as a scammer. I hope you enjoyed taking people's money and property, because I will do everything in my power to make sure no one ever trusts you again.

I'm not going to dox you here, but if someone wants any information that I do have, such as the name and phone number of the pastor of your church, I will give it to them privately. They can do with that information as they will. You deserve whatever befalls you at this point.

i love JD more and more each day
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1322 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 11:00:52 »

Fabian

Oh this should be fun.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1323 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:23:09 »
I'm having loads of fun. I'm stuck in this, the acrylic case that has no communication, and GH60.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1324 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:24:01 »
I'm having loads of fun. I'm stuck in this, the acrylic case that has no communication, and GH60.
Which acrylic case?  Also GH60 is moving again.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1325 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:45:16 »

Fabian

Thank you!
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #1326 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 15:50:18 »
Finally something might be done about this guy stealing money and keyboard parts!

Offline nebo

« Reply #1327 on: Wed, 23 October 2013, 16:49:22 »
Which acrylic case?  Also GH60 is moving again.
GH60 is back on, again. How long that lasts...

This case.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44896.330;topicseen

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1328 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 22:52:29 »
was going through old thread and saw this..

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33167.msg741125#msg741125

wonder wtf happened
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1329 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 23:06:13 »
was going through old thread and saw this..

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33167.msg741125#msg741125

wonder wtf happened

Crack habit?

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1330 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 23:11:10 »
hey it could seriously be a drug problem, lets throw that out there maybe he will bite

almost up on the 2 month mark since he last posted, though i have seen him online like weekly here.

It is going to continue to get to me for maybe forever. He posts pictures many months ago of a massive 7-bit package of switches, at least a couple thousand switches would fit in that given my package from 7-bit in the past. meaning he has at least partial of the parts owed to people and if he just mailed that stuff out it really would have at least showed us he is not a scammer.

i don't understand how after all this time since he first mentioned he was having trouble to WFD many months ago, he still doesn't have postage to mail out what he does have in parts. Even if you worked minimum wage part time job to cover this by now you would have the money to buy bubble mailers and postage.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1331 on: Thu, 24 October 2013, 23:18:34 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1332 on: Fri, 25 October 2013, 14:04:15 »
When are you sending the big package to WFD, Prof? I asked a couple times in PMs but no reply.

I will send the ones for the people that contacted me to send them to him ASAP (pasph sleepy916 affect656)

3 MONTHS AGO!

Offline jabar

« Reply #1333 on: Sat, 26 October 2013, 02:49:22 »
There isn't a small chance of winning: if he's a no-show at court, as long as the claim isn't obviously bogus the plaintiff will win. Now, extracting the money will be tougher, but there are means to go about that with additional court/sheriff/etc fees.

I'm not a lawyer etc, but I would imagine instigating whatever the small claims equivalent of class action for everyone involved will be more likely to succeed instead of everyone filing their own claims.
Leopold FC660C - Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 - Ducky DK9008 Shine II 78 Edition - Noppoo Choc Mini - Cherry G80-2100HDD - Cherry G80-8113HDPUS - Plu-M87 - Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears - Deck Legend Frost 105 - IBM F PC Keyboard - IBM M 122 (Lexmark) - Apple Extended Keyboard II

Phantom 7bit

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1334 on: Tue, 29 October 2013, 02:29:29 »
Just so no one can say I didn't try to make this one last request - Prof, check your PM.

Offline nebo

« Reply #1335 on: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:29:04 »
So TP, what are you missing. Confirmed you have my switches. If you have my plate and PCB too, what's up? I've waited this long for a demand letter, not waiting much longer. Also, since you're not responding anywhere, might as well put here that my address has changed, you need to update it.

http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/cherry-mx-taking-pre-orders-t2760-2190.html#p128944
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 October 2013, 16:35:31 by nebo »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1336 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 00:18:41 »
You can't sue in small claims court unless you live there, I checked.  There is no recourse.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1337 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 00:25:55 »
You can't sue in small claims court unless you live there, I checked.  There is no recourse.

Solution, get someone in state to file claim for you, give them the evidence and right to serve as your legal representative.  Supposedly there are some people who live nearby who could do that.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1338 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 00:26:37 »

Someone mentioned a class action, I would assume this has approached the 5k minimum for that.

Solution, get someone in state to file claim for you, give them the evidence and right to serve as your legal representative.  Supposedly there are some people who live nearby who could do that.

Also, this.  It's not unheard of to hire a local atty to represent in court.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1339 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 19:07:30 »

Would it need to be a GHer or an attorney that is in the state?  My permanent address is 80 minutes from where he lives, in WI.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #1340 on: Thu, 31 October 2013, 20:28:43 »
I'm just here to watch the GH drama and eat my popcorn

Offline pasph

« Reply #1341 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 09:24:26 »
I'm just here to watch the GH drama and eat my popcorn

So do you think it's funny to see your "fellow GHers" being scammed and robbed?

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1342 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 10:52:32 »
What good would taking him to small claims court do? Is there anything that will actually force him to pay?

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #1343 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 10:53:38 »
What good would taking him to small claims court do? Is there anything that will actually force him to pay?
Can you not procure his "assets" ?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1344 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:13:49 »

If a court enters a judgment against him, it is legally binding and never goes away. They can collect tax refunds, garnish wages, etc. I know from experience, unfortunately.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1345 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:16:22 »
I mean the value of all the hardware plus money paid for services is in the thousands of dollars so does that add fuel for the fire?

Can it be considered 'stolen' property?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1346 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:16:36 »

You can garnish their wages or do a bank levy if you win in small claims.  Both of those are guaranteed means of collecting.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1347 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 11:40:16 »
Okay. Thanks, guys. I wasn't aware that it could go that far. If you do go about it all, good luck! And sorry everything turned out so ****ty for you all. I could have just as easily been there with you...

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1348 on: Fri, 01 November 2013, 16:18:04 »
Should just hire ItsBC for maximum dox
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline nebo

« Reply #1349 on: Mon, 04 November 2013, 09:18:41 »
Good(ish) news. The good news is my switches are on the way. The bad news is I originally paid for assembly and all that but I'm biting the bullet on this one. Now I just have to find stabalizers I guess and find WFD for my plate/PCB.