Author Topic: Is there a 75% PCB with a gap between the F-row and Number row? Roccat Sova Mod  (Read 1411 times)

Offline ProtonDecay

Background: I use a Sova MK and like it a lot.... Unfortunately Roccat's software is clearly intentionally supposed to look pretty on the box but actually be totally useless because it's easier to support if nobody's using it for anything besides LED adjustments junk, and from my interactions with their support it's clear that they have no intention of fixing this.

Simplest thing is to pull it out and make it a hand-wire, but the added rigidity of a PCB would be noticeable here, so I'm just hoping to find one that I can make to fit.

I can't for the life of me find an aftermarket PCB that looks like it'll fit in here, without losing any keys from the F-row. Has anyone here seen a regular 75% PCB but with the gap after the F-row?
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 March 2019, 20:29:03 by ProtonDecay »

Offline nevin

What is it not doing that you want it to do?
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline ProtonDecay

What is it not doing that you want it to do?

You're unable to remap any system functions. For starters, I'd like to swap Print and Pause (accessed via Fn+Print), because I actually use Pause, and replace Insert and Numlock functions with something else because I never ever use either (yes, they put both numlock and the LED indicator on a keyboard without a number pad).

I'd do more with QMK, add layers, Colemak, and alternative layouts (like ESC/Caps swapped for work/productivity, and normal assignment for gaming).
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 March 2019, 14:13:49 by ProtonDecay »

Offline nevin

what about one of hasu's usb to usb converters (full tmk/qmk support)?
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69169.0

and if it has a metal plate, there's nothing wrong with hand wiring. the pcb does not lend that much support as opposed to the plate.

it's much easier to get a custom plate than it is a custom pcb.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68