Author Topic: Canon's answer to your missing tenkey.  (Read 3905 times)

Offline JustCallMeCrash

• ErgoDox Lover
Canon's answer to your missing tenkey.
« on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 08:30:49 »
Aaaaand I just posted this in keyboards, because I'm a dumbass today, apparently.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/26/canon-launches-x-mark-i-mouse-lite-pairs-10-digit-calculator-an/

This looks like it has potential.
ErgoDoxen 6 total: Cherry MX Browns, Cherry MX Clears, NovelKeys Box Royal, 80g Gateron Yellows, NovelKeys Pale Blues, NovelKeys Box Navy.
Preonic 2 total: OG Gateron Yellows (GMK silencer clips), TBD (unassembled v2).
XD-75 (mixed Gateron Yellows, MX Blacks, MX Clears on layer toggles).
Das S Professional (was MX Blues, now Ghetto Reds).
G80-11900.
ML-4400 (2x) Cherry MY boards.

Offline Bry

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 09:45:11 »
It is definitely an interesting concept and I guess it kind of makes sense; but it seems like having a full-size keyboard would be a less intrusive way to implement the extra keys into your work space than sticking them all over the top of your mouse lol
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2011, 09:47:56 by Bry »

last.fm | deviantART | SC2
Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Red | Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Brown | U9BLS - MX Brown

Offline chel-

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 11:42:37 »
That doesn't look very comfortable. I'd rather use a Razer Naga.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 July 2011, 18:05:36 by chel- »

Offline sordna

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 11:54:01 »
Quote from: ripster;387408
Blah.  My Alpsulator is better.  Mechanical keys AND it connects to a PC with USB.  Details Sig>Reviews>Keypads>Alpsulator.  
(Attachment Link) 22390[/ATTACH]

Ripster, you really ought to make a wiki listing your wikis/reviews/etc, and have your sig point to that, instead of pointing to post #47 of some random thread about a G80-3000 blue keyboard.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 12:15:01 »
Quote from: ripster;387408
AND it connects to a PC with USB.

I missed that part, interesting...

Can you switch on the fly like on the Focus keyboards or it switches to numpad function when USB is connected ?
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline sordna

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 12:37:18 »
Good policy.

@solutor, don't know, but they sell it here or google for Takumi calculator.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 12:44:58 »
Quote from: ripster;387531
I have a new policy.  Give the link once.  If you have questions I've subscribed to links in my sig  and can pick it up there.

Too much Geekhack traffic for me to monitor everything.

Unless I feel like driving home a point.
(Attachment Link) 22416[/ATTACH]

I have a very old policy, I spend 50% of my time sharing my knowledge, 49.999% silently learning, 0.0001% asking.

This message was the 0.001%

A yes or no wasn't so hard to write, surely better than 3 rows of unfriendly message.

Specially considering that your link points to a tread and not to a true review.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 12:47:49 »
Quote from: sordna;387537

@solutor, don't know, but they sell it here or google for Takumi calculator.

Thanks but, I already saw it in an UK e-shop.

Offline sordna

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 13:04:17 »
I'm getting one... mechanical numpad + calculator sounds sweet. Only problem is they are very glossy. Might try to de-gloss it with a Mr Clean Magic Eraser, anyone tried this?

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 July 2011, 13:06:13 »
Quote from: ripster;387557
Plus it's off topic.

Tell it to the user who mentioned the alpsulator here. :becky: