Author Topic: DEEP SPACE : .........  (Read 111633 times)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE + keycap giveaway drawing! 1 week left!
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 12:27:04 »
OK, I have to ask. I LOVE this set, and wish I could support it as much as possible, but I'm not sure I can foot the extra $40 this month. Can I buy the Planets and the purple modifiers? I have a grey poker, so I was hoping I can use my normal PBTs for the core set. Is that possible?

It will work but it will be weird. The profile on these keys is MUCH shorter than the stock keycaps of your poker II. If you absolutely cannot pick up the core set, I would recommend buying a blank pbt DSA set from signature plastics for around $20.

Ah, yea, the profiles won't match as Skuloth said :/  You can pick up an alphas set later though that would probably match OK. And there is always a chance you'll be able to find some of the Deep Space for sale in classifieds/around the internet later.
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline ChromiumCola

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 15:38:10 »
How can you tell it'll be different? Experience? Or is that a thing in specs somewhere?

Sorry, I'm super new to the mechanical keyboard ring. I have a poker and a Quickfire Rapid- Will thee QFR fit better?

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 15:40:40 »
How can you tell it'll be different? Experience? Or is that a thing in specs somewhere?

Sorry, I'm super new to the mechanical keyboard ring. I have a poker and a Quickfire Rapid- Will thee QFR fit better?

http://www.keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php

Based on the profile of the keycaps. Normal keycaps are DCS profile or close to it. These are DSA which means they are shorter and not sculpted (they are all the same angle). Take a look at the link for a better explanation.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 15:46:26 »
Booper, do you know if there is anything we can do to save the purple win kit if it doesn't reach MOQ? I'm already in for 2 of them and I don't really want to buy 4 more just to tip it :P
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 16:11:17 »
Booper, do you know if there is anything we can do to save the purple win kit if it doesn't reach MOQ? I'm already in for 2 of them and I don't really want to buy 4 more just to tip it :P

I'm going to wait and see what happens with it. It may still get a few more sales, if not I'll see if SP can help me out somehow and/or pick up some myself. 

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 16:37:57 »

http://www.keycapsdirect.com/key-caps.php

Based on the profile of the keycaps. Normal keycaps are DCS profile or close to it. These are DSA which means they are shorter and not sculpted (they are all the same angle). Take a look at the link for a better explanation.

Normal keycaps on a Poker II or a QFR tend to be what are called 'OEM' profile, which is taller than DCS. Most people dislike mixing and matching keycap profiles on the same board because it increases the potential for mistypes, can mess with a normal typing style, and often doesn't look very nice. Particularly with tall OEM caps and short DSA caps, I can see problems occurring.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline ChromiumCola

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 18:58:00 »
Argh. So, I can get the Modifiers and novelty keys, and a set of blank DSA(because... I take it it's hard to find them with the letters on the keycap?...?) For 28+14+23(for the blanks) and I'll be set,. right?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 19:09:14 »
Argh. So, I can get the Modifiers and novelty keys, and a set of blank DSA(because... I take it it's hard to find them with the letters on the keycap?...?) For 28+14+23(for the blanks) and I'll be set,. right?

I think that is fine! What size board are you putting these on?

Offline ChromiumCola

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 19:12:38 »
Just a Poker 2 or a Quickfire Rapid. Depends on how I like the new blues, or if I'll stick to my reds.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 02:22:37 »

I think that is fine! What size board are you putting these on?

You can find them with letters, it just might be difficult to find some that match these mods. And the blanks will probably be cheaper for you

Offline ChromiumCola

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 09:10:29 »
Um, does anyone know if SP will ship to an AE (Armed Forces Europe) address? Or how I could go about finding that out?
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 December 2014, 09:23:38 by ChromiumCola »

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 14:56:33 »
Um, does anyone know if SP will ship to an AE (Armed Forces Europe) address? Or how I could go about finding that out?

I'm not sure.. you could send an email and they'll probably get back to you pretty quickly. If need be, you could ship your purchase to a reliable address and have them forward it to you?

Offline ChromiumCola

Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE + keycap giveaway drawing! 3 days left!
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 16:46:57 »
Cool, I'll ask. Thanks!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 21:44:15 »
After much deliberation, I just placed my order for alphas, a polaris planetary pack, and almost 100 blanks. These keys will be used towards three GH36 builds I'm planning on (GH36x2 and GHPad), with enough extra keys to take the GH36x2 set to an ergodox if I ever get one of those.

Didn't end up getting any mods, so this set isn't ever going to make it onto a standard board for me.

Thanks for setting up this excellent buy, I'm happy to see things come together.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline scubaste

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 21:51:45 »
After much deliberation, I just placed my order for alphas, a polaris planetary pack, and almost 100 blanks. These keys will be used towards three GH36 builds I'm planning on (GH36x2 and GHPad), with enough extra keys to take the GH36x2 set to an ergodox if I ever get one of those.

Didn't end up getting any mods, so this set isn't ever going to make it onto a standard board for me.

Thanks for setting up this excellent buy, I'm happy to see things come together.

I really can't wait to see how the GH36s turn out, and the blank mock ups look great so it'll be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 22:01:19 »

I really can't wait to see how the GH36s turn out, and the blank mock ups look great so it'll be interesting to see what everyone comes up with.

I'm much more excited about the GH36 than I have been about pretty much any piece of hardware on here. I was sitting down tonight brainstoming layouts, and started moving on to colour schemes. I ended up looking at grey alphas with blue accents, and I was hoping to fit another accent colour in too. Then I remembered that this buy was a thing and that it fit my needs perfectly.

Offline skipped

« Reply #116 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 12:00:33 »
Only 9 more sets for ergodox to tip, we can do it!

(Only 3 for grey f stripe, show it some love :) )

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 19:50:26 »

I'm much more excited about the GH36 than I have been about pretty much any piece of hardware on here. I was sitting down tonight brainstoming layouts, and started moving on to colour schemes. I ended up looking at grey alphas with blue accents, and I was hoping to fit another accent colour in too. Then I remembered that this buy was a thing and that it fit my needs perfectly.

Thanks for the support and kind words :D I'm glad you were able to get some keys for your GH36 out of it! I'm anxious to see how things turn out

Only 9 more sets for ergodox to tip, we can do it!

(Only 3 for grey f stripe, show it some love :) )

Haha, this dang ergodox set has me on pins and needles! For a while I was sure it wouldn't make it, then it picked up a little and I thought it may have a chance! And now.. I just don't know!  :-X

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE + keycap giveaway drawing! 2 days left!
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 07:34:42 »
Does PMK ship to the UK?

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 07:50:14 »
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline SlotH42

• one slow step for sloth
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 08:32:25 »
I'm in!! Thanks for such a beautiful design. I can't wait to add these to my collection.
MP-GBL4 (red) Poker II (clears) Realforce R2TL 55g

Offline Freebird

• SSRCG
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 08:49:14 »
Does PMK ship to the UK?

yep :)

Sweet thanks, shame it won't actually log me in lol. I wish they sorted out their website  :'(

Edit: Ordered, I couldn't say no. I have wanted to try this profile out for a while and the deep space colours are delicious.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 December 2014, 10:30:30 by Freebird »

Offline kebby

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:08:43 »
Hmm, was trying to add some extras in hopes of getting the ISO kit to tip but the site thinks I haven't entered a shipping address... I hope they'll manage to sort out the site eventually... Wonder if anyone else has run into this.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:35:50 by kebby »

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:31:07 »
Massdrop had an ergo kit drop a week or so ago, I posted the link over there so we can maybe get some of those guys to tip the Ergo set!  Their kit only comes with blank keycaps, so a labelled set should be pretty attractive to them too.
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:35:00 »
I'm very scared for the orion colored win addon kit.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 12:25:35 »
Massdrop had an ergo kit drop a week or so ago, I posted the link over there so we can maybe get some of those guys to tip the Ergo set!  Their kit only comes with blank keycaps, so a labelled set should be pretty attractive to them too.

I really hope the ergodox set tips! Thanks for putting the word out there :)

I'm very scared for the orion colored win addon kit.
Ha, I can't believe at least 1 or 2 more hasn't sold! I'm budgeting to try and tip some of the stragglers myself tomorrow but I dunno how much I'll be able to help. I've also contacted Mellissa to see what I can do about the core number kit if it doesn't make it to tip point. If I can lower the moq and pay the price difference for the lower MOQ to get it made, I'll do that but I'm still hoping more sales happen.

------

Thanks for all the kind words and support so far! Currently we are at 105 sales on the core kit!!

Offline skipped

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 21:48:34 »
Hindsight is 20/20 they say, but I really think splitting the colors was a bad idea...it looks like none of the blue keys are tipping except planets and alternate win/alt/ctrl

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 22:04:30 »
Hindsight is 20/20 they say, but I really think splitting the colors was a bad idea...it looks like none of the blue keys are tipping except planets and alternate win/alt/ctrl

Haha, indeed it is! If I ever do this again, at least I'll know better. I guess it's better to offer too much than not enough? (or so I'll tell myself)

Offline quill0zx

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 09:58:29 »
These caps look awesome!

I've got a Leopold FC660M on the way and I'm quite the noob, was wondering if anyone knew if these would be compatible? If not the entire set, then just a few random ones maybe?

Cheers :)

Offline RogueBond007

• Yep, it's still a monkey.
    • Reddit Profile
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 12:26:13 »

Haha, indeed it is! If I ever do this again, at least I'll know better. I guess it's better to offer too much than not enough? (or so I'll tell myself)

I definitely appreciate the options! Especially with the newly added spacebars in so late into the buy! Thanks for that by the way :thumb:

And if I had to guess, I would say that the purple mods are selling better than the blues because they match the core set better since the lettering on the core set is purple, so it offers a nice contrast. And then the blue planets offer another contrast to that... at least that's why I went with those sets  ;D  Also purple is a pretty cool color you don't see too often! Overall, I'm really excited about how this set will turn out! Can't wait to receive it!  :)
Vamilo VA87M (MX Greys Tactile) - Deep Space Keycaps (Orion)
Poker II (MX Clears) - Deep Space Keycaps (Polaris)
Leopold FC660M (MX Clears) - Varmilo White/Mint Front Printed PBT Keycaps
Corsair K65 RGB (MX Reds) - PuLSE TKL with Novelties

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 12:29:54 »
I'm also in on the core numpad set.  I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to be sure I get that set, I need it... for things...

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:47:08 »
These caps look awesome!

I've got a Leopold FC660M on the way and I'm quite the noob, was wondering if anyone knew if these would be compatible? If not the entire set, then just a few random ones maybe?

Cheers :)

You should be able to use most of these keys! I've read that the spacebars are not normal on the FC660M though. I don't know if this is still an issue or not! But I think most of the keys are all standard cherry mount? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also in on the core numpad set.  I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to be sure I get that set, I need it... for things...

Unfortunately, this set might not make it :( I asked Melissa if I could lower the MOQ and make up the difference out of pocket to keep the price the same..  or if there is anything I can do at all. She said "We would need to have you purchase the remaining sets on the child deal in order to get it to tip - Sorry!"... which I can't afford. In hindsight, I should have set the MOQ lower and just had it cost a few $$ more.

But, as it stands, I'm willing to buy 4-5 of these to get it to tip if anyone else is interested in helping it out. A few people over on r/mk have said they'd be willing to buy extras to get it to tip also
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 December 2014, 14:21:23 by Booper »

Offline Skuloth

Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE - Last Day!!!
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:51:42 »
Booper any news on the orion win kit?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Shevek

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 14:24:36 »
Just hopped in on the Ergodox set—I'm willing to bet there are enough people just reloading and watching this page wondering whether the ergodox set will tip that if even one quarter of them bought now, we would tip. Come on!!

Offline kebby

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 09:48:44 »
4 hours left for anyone interested to jump in on this. The numpad will probably tip... I hope the ErgoDox kit will too but still need 6 more orders... :)

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 10:15:02 »
4 hours left for anyone interested to jump in on this. The numpad will probably tip... I hope the ErgoDox kit will too but still need 6 more orders... :)
Just hopped in on the Ergodox set�I'm willing to bet there are enough people just reloading and watching this page wondering whether the ergodox set will tip that if even one quarter of them bought now, we would tip. Come on!!

I picked up 5 number sets last night hoping to give that deal some momentum and I think it'll make it now so that's cool. but I'm nervous about that Ergodox!

Offline Reckthor

• PC Stuff
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 10:35:50 »
I was really hoping the Orion Modifiers would tip  :(

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 11:22:18 »
Numpad just tipped, ergo needs only 6...

Offline dimmu

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 11:36:50 »
anyone else want to help me buy that 6.5x spacebar? :(

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 11:51:17 »
I was really hoping the Orion Modifiers would tip  :(

Did you mean the Polaris? Orion is purple and they did tip.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 12:10:41 »
Doesn't look like the 2.75x blanks are going to tip :(

Why did MOQ end up being so high on them as compared to the others blanks? I'd buy an extra 2-3 caps to tip, but I can't swing an extra 20.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 12:22:39 »

Why did MOQ end up being so high on them as compared to the others blanks? I'd buy an extra 2-3 caps to tip, but I can't swing an extra 20.

I sent a message to SP about it.."Can you tip the blank 2.75u keys at 5?Every other blank set has been 5 moq, but for some reason those packs were set to tip at the defaulted 25..."

I'm not sure if they will tip it at 5 or not. Some of the kits seem to default to 25 MOQ and I've had a hard time getting that changed. I also asked about the spacebars as the BO dropped in price but the RDE did not.

Offline Shevek

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 12:41:55 »
So this is my first group buy—since it seems like the ergodox set may not tip, should I just have the correct # of blanks waiting in my cart so I can purchase them at the last minute before the deal closes? Arg.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #143 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 12:46:18 »
So this is my first group buy—since it seems like the ergodox set may not tip, should I just have the correct # of blanks waiting in my cart so I can purchase them at the last minute before the deal closes? Arg.

That may be a good idea... you can go ahead and get the blanks and cancel the order *if* the ergodox happens to tip. PMK is really slow so last minute buying makes me nervous.

I still have ergodox hope though! It'll be close  :/

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 12:48:26 »

I sent a message to SP about it.."Can you tip the blank 2.75u keys at 5?Every other blank set has been 5 moq, but for some reason those packs were set to tip at the defaulted 25..."

I'm not sure if they will tip it at 5 or not. Some of the kits seem to default to 25 MOQ and I've had a hard time getting that changed. I also asked about the spacebars as the BO dropped in price but the RDE did not.

Thanks for trying, let me know how it goes.

Offline Shevek

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 12:59:31 »

That may be a good idea... you can go ahead and get the blanks and cancel the order *if* the ergodox happens to tip. PMK is really slow so last minute buying makes me nervous.

I still have ergodox hope though! It'll be close  :/
Oh! I didn't realize you could cancel parts of your order after the fact. That makes it simpler :)

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 13:09:37 »
I tried to place an order, but PMK is giving me fits about my address.  I am trying to correct this with Bob/SubstituteMelissa, so hopefully I will get in on time.

Can I still get in on the drawing for your adorable little keymonauts?

Offline enddot

« Reply #147 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 13:15:09 »
I tried to place an order, but PMK is giving me fits about my address.  I am trying to correct this with Bob/SubstituteMelissa, so hopefully I will get in on time.

I just tipped the buy again. Check the state drop down. I noticed mine defaulted to alaska.

Offline Shevek

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 13:16:34 »

I just tipped the buy again. Check the state drop down. I noticed mine defaulted to alaska.
Yeah, same thing happened to me, even though I had selected the correct state on an earlier page.

Offline scubaste

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 13:33:58 »

Booper had to run to a meeting, but yes you can still enter - just send a PM to booper with a screen shot of a proof of purchase.