Author Topic: Google Spreadsheet cell value help  (Read 1390 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Google Spreadsheet cell value help
« on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 10:33:26 »
Is there a simple way to make the value of a cell equal the file name?

I can find how to make it equal the tab, or how to do it in Excel, but I simply want the filename itself as the content of the cell.

Thanks!
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Google Spreadsheet cell value help
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 17:28:31 »
Over 50 views and no responses?

If anybody knows that this cannot be done, will you at least tell me that much?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 18:06:28 »
Thanks, Ray, but the Excel method does not work in Google Spreadsheets.

I appreciate the try.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 18:14:11 »
Over 50 views and no responses?

A little impatient huh?

This link seems to have the answer you want. Try it out and let us know if it works.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 19:21:33 »
I have been through a lot of avenues, with no success.

I am not interested in cell values that equal sheet names, I want the filename of the spreadsheet itself.

For some reason, Google makes that very difficult.

Like so many other things, their stuff is great, in a vacuum, but not designed by people with real-world experience and needs.
- Jimmy Carter 2015