Author Topic: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (DONE!)  (Read 880687 times)

Offline GeorgeK

Re: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (Taking Orders DEADLINE 11/28)
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 04:20:36 »
Ah - damn you foreigners for using $ and $ but them being different things...  Is $22 US the same as $14 Aus?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 04:24:12 »
Ah - damn you foreigners for using $ and $ but them being different things...  Is $22 US the same as $14 Aus?

Pretty sure that's about 26$ AUD.

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 22 November 2013, 04:25:56 »

Pretty sure that's about 26$ AUD.

No more beers for me at work on Fridays I guess :/
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline luminor

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 06:03:28 »
ordered  :cool: :cool: :p :p

Offline soymic

« Reply #254 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:17:38 »
In attempts to gather more interest, I will guarantee 50 level pricing on mods.

Order up guys!

That's really great saving. Thanks to i3oilermaker!
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 November 2013, 08:13:55 by soymic »

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:28:50 »

Order up guys!

Just noticed this - does that include the poly on white mods?
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 12:08:07 »
Status update on GH keys?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline luminor

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 04:55:54 »
is it for the Mod (orange on white)? if it is, count me in (you might want to update my order)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 11:02:12 »

Order up guys!

Just noticed this - does that include the poly on white mods?

No, unless there is a surge of orders, those will likely be at the 25 tier.

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #259 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 11:33:45 »
Fair enough - just wanted to check.  I'm still in for those at the 25 tier but the 50 would be nice!

Cheers

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #260 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 11:55:19 »
I'm surprised more people don't like the uniform look that the "Mods (ORANGE Translucent on WHITE)" gives the set.

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 12:26:51 »
I'm surprised more people don't like the uniform look that the "Mods (ORANGE Translucent on WHITE)" gives the set.

Show Image

Look so good. Lack of support for the orange-poly on white mods could be from lack of a visual mock-up, not everybody is familiar with the terminology used to define each set, so a visual is usually helpful.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 13:00:40 »
I still prefer the WoO mods - like the very first pic in the OP (except that the right Win key is the wrong colour).

All white looks great (based on my white KeyCool), but in this instance the orange mods win.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RabRhee

• Life is just a box of cherries.
« Reply #263 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 13:03:21 »

Show Image

Look so good. Lack of support for the orange-poly on white mods could be from lack of a visual mock-up, not everybody is familiar with the terminology used to define each set, so a visual is usually helpful.

I also think the orangepoly on white would be good as mods for a coloured set of alphas, very sharp. I just can't afford a set, and will no doubt spend the next year trying to source a set in classifieds unless I find some money in the street before the buy ends.
-Life is good-          Crafting: |  KeychainsMore.   .Keychains | Crowdsource Key | Budget Keycap Board |

QFR Dvorak Greens | Neo 87 Dvorak Blues

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:17:42 »
Closing in 2 days...get your orders in!

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #265 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:28:51 »

Show Image

I also think the orangepoly on white would be good as mods for a coloured set of alphas, very sharp. I just can't afford a set, and will no doubt spend the next year trying to source a set in classifieds unless I find some money in the street before the buy ends.

Problem is that if only 25 sets get made then they'll be rare as hen's teeth...

Offline Melanic

« Reply #266 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 09:42:01 »
UPDATE

Need 28 more Mod (orange on white) to hit 50

Just for clarification. Because the Orange on White mods are at 22, will the price for each set will be $50.83. Or will the set not be made due to too few orders?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #267 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:18:12 »
UPDATE

Need 28 more Mod (orange on white) to hit 50

Just for clarification. Because the Orange on White mods are at 22, will the price for each set will be $50.83. Or will the set not be made due to too few orders?

$50.83 unless there is a surge of orders.  I would love for these to be $14 cheaper, but the orders are not there right now.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #268 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:19:58 »

Show Image

And later, people will be searching them out in the classifieds, willing to pay twice the GB price. :)

Maybe I should order another mod set. Hmmm...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:27:48 »

Show Image

And later, people will be searching them out in the classifieds, willing to pay twice the GB price. :)

Maybe I should order another mod set. Hmmm...

You should order 28 more to get us to the next tier, then sell all your extras at the 25 MOQ tier price. 

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:29:49 »

You should order 28 more to get us to the next tier, then sell all your extras at the 25 MOQ tier price. 

That is tempting, but judging from the lack of interest here, I thinking I will be sitting on a pile of keys and out about $1000

This is kind of why I was reluctant to add the set in the first place, because it dilutes our buying power.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:32:18 »

That is tempting, but judging from the lack of interest here, I thinking I will be sitting on a pile of keys and out about $1000

Once they see the set on a keyboard, there will be interest. I think people simply don't have extra money right now, due to holidays, etc.

in memoriam

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:41:27 »

Once they see the set on a keyboard, there will be interest. I think people simply don't have extra money right now, due to holidays, etc.

Ok - I decided to drop the price on the 25 mark to $40.86 to hedge this bet a bit, but still give an incentive to order more...thats 10 of the 14 dollar decrease from 25 to 50.  Hopefully you guys will want these next year!

Offline LONGZILLA

• ヽ(`Д´)ノ rawr
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 11:50:19 »
Ok - I decided to drop the price on the 25 mark to $40.86 to hedge this bet a bit, but still give an incentive to order more...thats 10 of the 14 dollar decrease from 25 to 50.  Hopefully you guys will want these next year!

Whoa. Honestly think this set could have used a flashier name, is it too late to dub it the orangesicle-set?

In any case, seems like a lot of work has been poured into making this set happen, hope it gets some more love.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #274 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 12:01:09 »
You can call it whatever you want!  I just thought the Cherry Replica would resonate with all the passion that went into the legend creation.

Offline Heimdallr

« Reply #275 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 02:16:08 »
ordered a base set plus a modifier set (WHITE ABS ON ORANGE ABS).

regards
stefano

Offline luminor

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 07:11:14 »
i'll get a set of Mods (ORANGE Translucent on WHITE) and another base set to help reaching the target. but i don't know how to update my order  :)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 09:50:08 »
Due to the Holiday, I will start sending invoices out on Monday, so that gives you guys a few more days to get orders in.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (Taking Orders DEADLINE 12/2)
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 12:15:15 »
I submitted a new order to replace my old one. Wish that there was a tsangan to match the alphas.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 14:54:30 »
submitted an order for some GH keys.

Offline luminor

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 17:35:18 »
just submitted a new order to replace my old one too

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #281 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 23:55:38 »
Just picked up a base + the oj poly on white abs modifier set. Can't wait to see what they look like on my wasd code TKL :D

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 01:52:15 »
Jeez.. Really wish there was more demand for this! I love both the uniform look, and the Orange modifiers. Just to confirm, we're still on 25 tier for White with orange legend modifiers right? Or are you bumping that up to 50?

What about numpad?

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 04:05:29 »
I think we'll be on the 25 tier for the poly on white mods but i3 dropped the price so that there's only a $4 difference between the two tiers instead of a $14 difference

Offline piraterice

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 07:14:45 »
the alpa kit is very good on a shining keyboard!

Offline reziak

• Topre/60% Enthusiast
« Reply #285 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 11:48:29 »
Very tempted, sorry I couldn't make this happen. Involved in too many other great group buys and the switch from transparent to opaque modifiers made it a little less enticing. Still a great set - hope you get a few more last minute orders!

HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #286 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 13:57:05 »
I think we'll be on the 25 tier for the poly on white mods but i3 dropped the price so that there's only a $4 difference between the two tiers instead of a $14 difference

Sounds good to me! Gosh I hate geek hack. Alright in many group buys, hope I'm not in all over my head!

I'm in on this 100%! Really hope people bring down the White orange leg mods and Numpad!

Off topic: What do you think will go best with these keys? White LED + White plate + Orange case? Or White LED, Orange Plate, and White/Clear case?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 08:21:44 »
Extending this two more days due to a family emergency....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: IT'S HERE - Cherry Replica Set GB (Taking Orders DEADLINE 12/4)
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 13:11:29 »
Extending this two more days due to a family emergency....

I hope everything is ok i3oiler!

C'mon people - get a few more orders in!! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 16:38:07 »
Needs more orders of this:

in memoriam

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 16:40:34 »

Show Image

YES.  People need to buy more of those mods.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 16:44:13 »

Show Image

YES.  People need to buy more of those mods.

I would probably be in for a set if I didn't have a complete vision and already have some parts color coordinated for the Toxic set.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 17:01:18 »
Price Drop on Base Sets!!  75 mark!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #293 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 00:09:52 »
Price Drop on Base Sets!!  75 mark!

A small drop, but a drop nevertheless!  Saving!

Offline babyface

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:23:05 »
Just picked up a base + the oj poly on white abs modifier set. Can't wait to see what they look like on my wasd code TKL :D

Welcome to Geekhack!

Great choice! I have ordered this set to specifically go on a round 2 code kb. With greens hopefully
Where do you get the idea that an LZ-GH is basically a filco??

Offline cultofjosh

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 17:08:23 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Great choice! I have ordered this set to specifically go on a round 2 code kb. With greens hopefully

Thanks! I think those greens are supposed to come out in January. WASD seems to be out of stock of every keyboard at the moment. I do love this keyboard and I may have to pick up a green to try it out...although after finding this site I don't know that I have many stock keyboards left in my future - I've been researching soldering irons/setups for the past 2 weeks :)

===

So being the noob here, I just wait for i3 to send an invoice to the paypal address I gave? Send payment "as goods" ? Paypal fees are taken into account on invoice? Is the answer to these questions generally the same on every group buy?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 17:11:37 »

Welcome to Geekhack!

Thanks! I think those greens are supposed to come out in January. WASD seems to be out of stock of every keyboard at the moment. I do love this keyboard and I may have to pick up a green to try it out...although after finding this site I don't know that I have many stock keyboards left in my future - I've been researching soldering irons/setups for the past 2 weeks :)

===

So being the noob here, I just wait for i3 to send an invoice to the paypal address I gave? Send payment "as goods" ? Paypal fees are taken into account on invoice? Is the answer to these questions generally the same on every group buy?

He'll send an invoice to the email address you put in the order form.  Since it's an invoice I believe those must be goods payment, but you won't have to select anything, you just click the pay button.  Similarly, paypal fees are automatically added in, you just click pay.
This is frequently the same for every group buy, but not necessarily.  Some will ask for payment to a particular paypal account outside of an invoiced scenario.  It depends who is running it.

Welcome to geekhack!

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #297 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:44:57 »
Invoicing has begun.  Please check OP for status, I need to stagger them a bit so my PayPal does not get overloaded and possibly locked.

I will continue to leave orders open, but price tiers can no longer change since invoicing has started.  Orders will close for good when all invoices are sent.

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #298 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 10:50:50 »
Paid sir :D

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #299 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 12:14:22 »
Paid. Thanks for doing this Boiler.  :thumb:
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."