Author Topic: [GB] Sentraq TK78 Keyboard Kit (Closing/Troubleshooting)  (Read 114392 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: [GB] Sentraq TK78 Keyboard Kit
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 16:29:32 »
Speaking of  doodersbrother... where is he? How long will untill we get invoices? Are these already ordered? Are the MD kids orders going to be added into the GH orders? Little more info dude....

Hey, I check this thread every night, but usually any questions have already been answered by someone else.
MD orders are not being added, and invoices will be sent around on Monday. Sorry should have made that clear haha
[/quote]

Thanks for the update dooders

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 09:08:41 »
Is it still possible to change my order? I would like to have Gateron Blacks instead of the no switch option I think I ticked, I also don't need LED's anymore (can't quite remember if I ticked no LED's or white... would be too easy if google sent you a copy of what you just entered).

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 20:20:28 »
Is it still possible to change my order? I would like to have Gateron Blacks instead of the no switch option I think I ticked, I also don't need LED's anymore (can't quite remember if I ticked no LED's or white... would be too easy if google sent you a copy of what you just entered).

Yeah easily, just PM exactly what you want changed. It'll show what you ordered on the PayPal invoice and I'll put up a public spreadsheet with the order status after invoices go out.

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 20:45:53 »
Are we able to change our stabilizers to a 7u set/ not order stabs with it?

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:32:35 »

I don't think 7u stabs can be provided. I'll check and get a definitive answer. Omitting stabs would be make very little difference in terms of price, like $2. I can still do that for you if you want, however.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:33:19 »
INVOICES SENT OUT

Check orders here!
https://goo.gl/94OpKW

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:42:27 »
INVOICES SENT OUT

Check orders here!
https://goo.gl/94OpKW

Perfect, thank you. This answers the question of came to ask. Invoice paid. Can't wait for this!

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:25:39 »

I don't think 7u stabs can be provided. I'll check and get a definitive answer. Omitting stabs would be make very little difference in terms of price, like $2. I can still do that for you if you want, however.

Nah, if it's going to make barely a difference then I wouldn't want to do it. Thanks for checking if they'll have 7u stabs!

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 21:42:26 »
Paid! Awwww yeah! The dream is alive!  :p

Offline breitling

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 23:12:09 »
Paid.

Offline skuko

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 03:47:00 »
paid!!
/happydance

Offline scramm

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:43:14 »
Paid!  Can't wait!  ;D

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 18 May 2016, 08:06:00 »
Paid. **** yeah. Happy I got in.
pls gief bbv2

Offline breitling

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 01:48:10 »
After this ships, with the source code for the default firmware be made aavailable to us?

https://github.com/skullydazed/tmk_keyboard/tree/master/keyboard/tk78-r

^thats the firmware

How does this firmware work? Does it work in windows? I've never seen one like this before..

Offline scramm

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 06:14:50 »
After this ships, with the source code for the default firmware be made aavailable to us?

^thats the firmware

How does this firmware work? Does it work in windows? I've never seen one like this before..

It uses the TMK Firmware.  You can customize it and then flash it to the keyboard with a tool.  There are different options that work on windows, linux or macos (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Here's a good place to start for information on TMK:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41989.0

Offline breitling

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 17:34:31 »

^thats the firmware

It uses the TMK Firmware.  You can customize it and then flash it to the keyboard with a tool.  There are different options that work on windows, linux or macos (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Here's a good place to start for information on TMK:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41989.0

Oh okay, that clears it up. I have a few boards that use TMK which I program through enjoyclick or on my computer like the redscarf boards. Should be the same then I guess. Thanks!

Offline scramm

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 11:11:55 »
any updates on the payment status? Are we still waiting on people?

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 12:39:53 »
Yep, still waiting for a few people. I'll post an update when invoices close!

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 20:06:57 »
Alright, invoices are closed and parts I'm beginning to order the parts!

Offline alexjd99

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 21:22:41 »
Hype!

Offline scramm

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 08:59:51 »

Offline skuko

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 09:08:38 »
hyyyyyyyype! my first custom board :D

Offline scramm

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 09:26:59 »
hyyyyyyyype! my first custom board :D

Same here, bought a new soldering station just for this project.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 09:28:08 »
All aboard the hype train, choo choo.

Depending on when it will be delivered this will be either my first or second custom/non-mainstream board.

Will this board support any other lighting-options than dimming? I mean something among the lines of the QFR-i functions, or just any regional adjustments. I don't care if it does not, but if it does I'll be even more hyped.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 09:42:54 »

H Y P E

Offline scramm

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 18:21:33 »
Everything ordered?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #76 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 01:17:18 »
Everything ordered?

Yep, now we wait for it all to get here :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 05:42:29 »
Everything ordered?

Yay!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #78 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 06:25:55 »

Are we still in the expected time window?
Either way, if my parcel (under normal shipping circumstances) is not likely to arrive before the 26th of June here in germany, could you hold it for me for a short while and ship it so I can personally accept it when I'm back home on the 12th of July? I just want to be safe because if customs acts up I won't be able to get it from them in the timeframe they hold it for, my relatives that watch over the house also can't pick it up for me if something goes wrong.

Offline scramm

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 15:00:55 »
2 years of Amazon Prime has ruined my ability to be patient   :'(

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 17:11:40 »

Are we still in the expected time window?
Either way, if my parcel (under normal shipping circumstances) is not likely to arrive before the 26th of June here in germany, could you hold it for me for a short while and ship it so I can personally accept it when I'm back home on the 12th of July? I just want to be safe because if customs acts up I won't be able to get it from them in the timeframe they hold it for, my relatives that watch over the house also can't pick it up for me if something goes wrong.

PM'd on reddit

2 years of Amazon Prime has ruined my ability to be patient   :'(

Gonna have to get used to the wait for most custom keyboard GB's  :p

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 04:21:28 »
Lol, if we actually hit June 15th, looks like I'll have it before the Whitefox or Planck, which I've ordered months ago :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline scramm

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 06:03:12 »
Yeah, this one will for sure be faster than others.  The problem is I keep looking at/ordering more because I don't have anything to build yet  :p
I jumped on the Sentraq 60% Md and the Zealio R3 Pre-order.  I'll be lucky if I'm building that one in August.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 17:28:33 »
Yeah, this one will for sure be faster than others.  The problem is I keep looking at/ordering more because I don't have anything to build yet  :p
I jumped on the Sentraq 60% Md and the Zealio R3 Pre-order.  I'll be lucky if I'm building that one in August.

Same issue here. I've got 130 zealios laying around and just ordered more because those are all going in different builds. I need to pace myself :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline scramm

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 17:45:32 »
Same issue here. I've got 130 zealios laying around and just ordered more because those are all going in different builds. I need to pace myself :p

I only put in for 70 to do the 60% board.... now I'm thinking I should increase it so I can drop them in this board too if I really like them.  Otherwise it will probably take 6 months to get more

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 08:56:28 »
I only put in for 70 to do the 60% board.... now I'm thinking I should increase it so I can drop them in this board too if I really like them.  Otherwise it will probably take 6 months to get more

Building this and a Planck with the 78g ones I have laying around, ordered 67g's for a 60% build :p
pls gief bbv2

Offline scramm

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 12:23:09 »
Building this and a Planck with the 78g ones I have laying around, ordered 67g's for a 60% build :p

I have no bearing on what these feel like so I don't know what the best weight to get is.  are the 67s or even 78s anywhere near MX Greens for peak resistance before actuation?  Right now all I own are mx blues and greens, and while I like the greens better, they cause too much fatigue for me to use all day at work.

my current order is for the 65g zealios, but I'm still contemplating asking to switch them before the order goes in.

Offline breitling

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 01:49:04 »

I have no bearing on what these feel like so I don't know what the best weight to get is.  are the 67s or even 78s anywhere near MX Greens for peak resistance before actuation?  Right now all I own are mx blues and greens, and while I like the greens better, they cause too much fatigue for me to use all day at work.

my current order is for the 65g zealios, but I'm still contemplating asking to switch them before the order goes in.

67s are much lighter than mx greens to my fingers... but I bottom out when I type.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 09:01:43 »

I use Clears at home and Greens at work and the Clears are definitely a little lighter.  I believe Zeal has said in the past that the 78g Zealios are slightly lighter than stock Clears, so if you went with 78g you would probably be happy with them, but 67g or 65g would be more comparable to Blues if I remember the actuation correctly.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline scramm

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 09:23:23 »

I use Clears at home and Greens at work and the Clears are definitely a little lighter.  I believe Zeal has said in the past that the 78g Zealios are slightly lighter than stock Clears, so if you went with 78g you would probably be happy with them, but 67g or 65g would be more comparable to Blues if I remember the actuation correctly.

Thanks, that helps  :thumb:  I sent a message to try to swap my order over to 67g.  I think that's going to be what I want.

Offline breitling

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 09 June 2016, 15:03:24 »

I would mostly agree with that.. I have  62, 65 and 67g Zealios and the Blues are definitely lighter than the 67.. probably close to 62g. They are clicky though so its hard to compare directly. I compared my MX brown boards with my 62g Zealios board the zealios seem a bit heavier, though similar.. the tactile bump is heavier on the Zealios so its hard to compare.. also I have two MX Blue boards, and three mx brown boards and all of them feel slightly different from each other so that also kind of complicates things.

Offline scramm

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 10 June 2016, 11:17:46 »
So back to this Build:  Are there keycaps and extra switches with this one to support splitting shift keys and things like that, or would we need to source those elsewhere?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 12 June 2016, 18:22:38 »
So with June 15th right around the corner, can we get an update as to where this stands?

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 01:15:56 »
So with June 15th right around the corner, can we get an update as to where this stands?

The PCB's and Cases have been delayed until June 28 by the manufacturer. Looks like June 15th was a best scenario case. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as something happens.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 05:52:29 »

The PCB's and Cases have been delayed until June 28 by the manufacturer. Looks like June 15th was a best scenario case. I'll keep you guys updated as soon as something happens.

Thanks for the update dooders. I think we all kinda knew the 15th was a bit of a reach =/

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:02:09 »

Thanks for the update dooders. I think we all kinda knew the 15th was a bit of a reach =/

Good news is that we found out RGB case lighting was supported. We just have to make the firmware to support it.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:20:24 »
Good news is that we found out RGB case lighting was supported. We just have to make the firmware to support it.

But the case is solid?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:21:33 »

Are you talking about in switch lighting? Because I thought this case didn't have any acrylic for case lighting.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:35:38 »

But the case is solid?

Are you talking about in switch lighting? Because I thought this case didn't have any acrylic for case lighting.

Yes, case lighting. And although the case doesn't support it it's still an additional feature. It's cool to have if you ever want to DIY a case or find some other use for it.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 14 June 2016, 10:41:33 »
Yes, case lighting. And although the case doesn't support it it's still an additional feature. It's cool to have if you ever want to DIY a case or find some other use for it.

Is it just support for a LED-strip or are there on-PCB SMD LED's?

If it's LED-strip support and there is enough space between the PCB and the case for a LED-strip this would allow for semi-RGB-backlight with Zealios :D