Author Topic: Looking for a really good gaming keyboard with a certain key layout..  (Read 1907 times)

Offline LT1

I've been searching everywhere, but haven't had much luck.. I can't post any links because this is my first thread... So Google "Logitech Y-UQ85" or "Microsoft's Bluetooth keyboard". They have the same exacted layout that I'm looking for.

Offline peda

Looking for a really good gaming keyboard with a certain key layout..
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 09:22:44 »
And what do you like about their layouts so much as they seem pretty standard to me?

(only searched the Logitech one on my mobile)

Offline StaCT13

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 October 2011, 18:32:29 »
Both of these boards seem to have a vertical orientation of the cluster of delete, home, end, etc...
The way how the two boards actually have them laid out is different, however.

It would help if you explained a bit (and maybe why you want this layout). Also, do you have a specific switch type in mind?

ErgoDox Classic Aluminium (MX Reds) | Leopold TKL Otaku (MX Browns) | Rosewill RK-9000 (MX Blues) | Dell AT101W (Alps Black)

Happily typing in Dvorak

Offline zareliman

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 October 2011, 23:46:24 »
I once tried that layout and couldn't stand the weird del position. I've never seen a mechanical keyboard with that layout either.

Offline LT1

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 18:27:51 »
Quote from: peda;430935
And what do you like about their layouts so much as they seem pretty standard to me?

(only searched the Logitech one on my mobile)

I've been playing counter strike source for since 05 and been using this style ever since.

Offline LT1

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 18:41:46 »
Quote from: StaCT13;431366
Both of these boards seem to have a vertical orientation of the cluster of delete, home, end, etc...
The way how the two boards actually have them laid out is different, however.

It would help if you explained a bit (and maybe why you want this layout). Also, do you have a specific switch type in mind?

Just for gaming really... OCZ Sabre is the only one that has that layout and that is for gaming. http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-sabre-oled-gaming-keyboard-eol.html The "9 OLED Macro Keys" ruin's the thought of purchasing it :faint: I would never use them.. Those are the only reason that it's soo expensive. I do not use WASD. I use the arrows and all buttons around it. I like having the gaps that this layout has. Playing with WASD is just too cluttered for me. Plus CSS only has basic controls..